Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:35 pm
Nelowulf
Because while you "attempt" to explain the parts to prove it, you're actually adding on your own thoughts. Where is choice in any part of the code? Once you hit the third line, your interpretation of the code becomes a bunch of BS.

So do all interpretations... That's what interpretation is, is it not?

The Sith themselves don't follow the code as is, they bring their own context to it, and make themselves follow it as they see it, as do the Jedi. A code is nothing more then semantics, but the ideology of those that follow it crafts its meaning.

The code could have thousands of meaning, and the sith as we known them only follow one such interpretation, and it is equally clear that others could easily exist... how many interpretations of the Jedi Code do we have?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:57 pm
But a code of conduct is not the same as a decree of prophesy. That's the difference.

Its like writing poetry. So many times people try to grab a deeper meaning to the words on the page; hell, ever try a literal interpretation?

Let's put it this way: So you want to fight predestiny? Go for it. The Sith Code, however, has nothing to do with whether or not you're stuck in destiny or not. Its like bringing a camping tent to baseball practice. Its just not connected. The Code has nothing to do with physical ideology.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:47 pm
woo boy.
Stellar, never debate Philosophy with Nelo.
No matter how well you did in Dr. K's Philosophy course, he's still got a leg up on ya.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:53 pm
Here at creighton we actually had the kid who got the "A" on the test for writing "What chair?"

I just took the final and passed the test and saved myself about 6 months of torment.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:48 pm
The what?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:02 pm
Actually Darth Sin would've been/ is a mainly Force User. He specializes in Force Insanity, Force Scream, Dominate Mind, and Mind Clout. I considered those the major skills needed for an Inquisitor, aside form the usual array such as Lightening and Choke.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:10 pm
Why scream, insanity, and cloud? i see no use for those on an inquisitor. Especially the first two.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:02 pm
Scream, in this scenario, isn't the stand-off involuntary move as used by Anakin and Palps. This is an intentional blast of windpipe, meant to purposely blow out someone's ears. Not good for the interrogation itself, but awesome torture, and an uncommon way of causing massive damage to multiple units.

Insanity, as I see, is an Inquisitor skill. The ability to drive your prey nuts without a single bolt of lightening can save your electricity while you siphon answers.

And Mind Clout has the same affect. Weasel an answer out, but use it through confusion.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:05 pm
but there are more efficient ways of torture that leave your victim with the ability to hear you and of course, not going loony.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:10 pm
Well, I was trying to go off the common trail...

Well, they still make uncommon abilities to use.

What would you suggest for an Inquisitor?  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:19 pm
Anything which allows knockout. Preferably controlled lightning.

And a degree in pharmicology.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:33 pm
Will do.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:37 pm
That's my idea. Nothing against yours. I just happen to believe in the power of truth serums and the like. If they prove resilient, then there are other techniques that can coax them out.

There's a point when interrogation just wont work though. an Inquisitor should know that, and at that point, just kill the victim.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:26 pm
Well, most Sith know Lightening, Choke, etc. And there's always the lightsaber.

I was just aiming at an offshoot Sith who resorted to the Force.

Guess a degree in Sith alchemy wouldn't hurt either? confused  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:43 pm
alchemy is pretty hard.

Things like lightning, choke, etc, are pretty basic. But once you get into the deeper stuff, like affecting minds and up, it gets harder. Alchemy is extremely tricky, since it can go wrong so easily. You really need to have a book or something to guide you along.

Alchemy, forging, etcetera, those skills are for very specific purposes. Its very hard to learn, and more importanly not very well-recieved. It takes time and effort to learn (which many sith are too lazy to take the time for development). Mostly really high end sith will learn those skills, once they have solidified their power.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff