Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 740 741 742 743 744 745 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:51 am

Doomie...you can't seem to find work in one of the largest cities (that I've ever been to) around. Maybe they're wicked picky up in Canada. I know my experience with Canadians has led me to believe that they are. Have you considered filing for a work visa and coming down to the States? I don't think you'll have half as much trouble if you came down here, and I think if you tried working in the hospitality field they might put a roof over your head until you can get yourself stable. You don't need a degree to work in hotels, and not all departments even deal with the people.

It's a thought at least. Right now you sound pretty desperate and open to suggestions.... sweatdrop
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:09 am

Manda_Tifa
Doomie...you can't seem to find work in one of the largest cities (that I've ever been to) around. Maybe they're wicked picky up in Canada. I know my experience with Canadians has led me to believe that they are. Have you considered filing for a work visa and coming down to the States? I don't think you'll have half as much trouble if you came down here, and I think if you tried working in the hospitality field they might put a roof over your head until you can get yourself stable. You don't need a degree to work in hotels, and not all departments even deal with the people.

It's a thought at least. Right now you sound pretty desperate and open to suggestions.... sweatdrop

This would probably be a lot easier if I still were in Montreal, but it sadly isn't the case. After my holidays breakdown last year, my parents had to take me in while I got back on my feet, after which when things become unbearable again I moved out to a neighboring town, and then to another a little further, and closer t Montreal.

And as retardedly picky as it is of a condition, I simply cannot work cashier. A LOT of places that hire pre-college teens these days are places that need cashiers, and the last three times I was tried out for cashier position, I woke up some undiscernable amount of time later to be told I fainted on the job from a panic attack. I can't handle people and money at the same time (Heck, I have trouble dealing with either one alone) s I've been avoiding those jobs.

My job as a wrapper was PERFECT, I just had work to do, a place to do it, and no human or money interaction whatsoever except with my boss at the beginning and end of the day Just focused, concentrated, simple repetitive work for 8 hours straight and a wad of moolah at the end of it.

Shame tough, there's not enough production anymore for me to live on it, and the other wrapper, an old lady in her 60's, has taken precedence over me.

I appreciate the idea and help though Manda. Sadly (and I realized this during the time I was looking into possibly living with Ome a long while back) I can't leave the country, heck, the province even, until my surgery's done and my legal papers are changed. It's another of the annoying aspects of the sortof Catch-22 laws surrounding my treatment here, and I've no way around it because I need to get the documents changed.  

Sonya Khatsworth

Matt Blue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:27 am

I'm all depressed and stuff lately. Is this the place losers like me can cry about their problems? ... Good. Disregard this post if you wanna.

Really, I don't see any point in what I'm doing anymore. I'm currently a student in University, with about a 3.2 GPA (Not bad, not amazing), but I just don't get why I'm there. Why I'm around in general, in fact. I have no drive or motivation left. I basically go to school, to work, then lock myself in my room so I'm not yelled at constantly for my lack of a 4.0 GPA. I don't really talk to my friends anymore, I only see them once a month (At our furry pack meeting), but even then I feel rather out of place. I don't eat much at all anymore (I usually sneak into the kitchen to make something late at night, about 10, when everyone else is in bed). I've lost 20 pounds in the last two months, and I was never fat to begin with. I'm really pretty thin now.

I just don't see what I'm looking forward too after all this. Even if I graduate from college with a degree, then what? All that work to live alone and die in some stupid house? Get a regular 9 to 5, hate my job, and live a pointless life, just surviving for the sake of it? Because it's the right thing to do?

I can't reach out and ask for help, because I don't want my friends to see me like this, and my parents would never understand... They'd say I was only upset at my own failures, because that's all I've ever seemed to be to them. A failure who could never do anything right, who was always useless from the start. And it seems that's what I am now.

I can't believe I'm actually whinning about this on the internet, but I feel so tired of all this. I feel so pointless and unnessecary. I just wish I could feel needed again, but that won't ever happen.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:26 am

Everything that can go wrong, WILL go wrong.

I've lost my tablet pen and can't find it. I am pissed off and don't have the money or credit card to buy a new one. Needless to say, it's drivin me crazy

Leyla Giselle

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:31 am

Matt Blue
I'm all depressed and stuff lately. Is this the place losers like me can cry about their problems? ... Good. Disregard this post if you wanna.

Really, I don't see any point in what I'm doing anymore. I'm currently a student in University, with about a 3.2 GPA (Not bad, not amazing), but I just don't get why I'm there. Why I'm around in general, in fact. I have no drive or motivation left. I basically go to school, to work, then lock myself in my room so I'm not yelled at constantly for my lack of a 4.0 GPA. I don't really talk to my friends anymore, I only see them once a month (At our furry pack meeting), but even then I feel rather out of place. I don't eat much at all anymore (I usually sneak into the kitchen to make something late at night, about 10, when everyone else is in bed). I've lost 20 pounds in the last two months, and I was never fat to begin with. I'm really pretty thin now.

I just don't see what I'm looking forward too after all this. Even if I graduate from college with a degree, then what? All that work to live alone and die in some stupid house? Get a regular 9 to 5, hate my job, and live a pointless life, just surviving for the sake of it? Because it's the right thing to do?

I can't reach out and ask for help, because I don't want my friends to see me like this, and my parents would never understand... They'd say I was only upset at my own failures, because that's all I've ever seemed to be to them. A failure who could never do anything right, who was always useless from the start. And it seems that's what I am now.

I can't believe I'm actually whinning about this on the internet, but I feel so tired of all this. I feel so pointless and unnessecary. I just wish I could feel needed again, but that won't ever happen.

You can go to the help counselor at your University. They understand a lot about what's going on in college life and if you're having trouble finding a direction or understanding what you're doing, they can help. It's also free, so won't cost you anything.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:41 am

DoomNeko
Manda_Tifa

I appreciate the idea and help though Manda. Sadly (and I realized this during the time I was looking into possibly living with Ome a long while back) I can't leave the country, heck, the province even, until my surgery's done and my legal papers are changed. It's another of the annoying aspects of the sortof Catch-22 laws surrounding my treatment here, and I've no way around it because I need to get the documents changed.
Well, I'm sure there are other jobs that don't involve some sort of degree then. Perhaps you could work as housekeeping for some hotel (I'm sure Montreal has plenty). Only minimal contact with guests and practically zero contact with money ('cept for your own tips). Or I'm sure there are other factories you could apply to. Or you could do custodial in one of the hundreds of big fancy buildings there. If you get a 3rd shift job somewhere then you hardly have to deal with the human race at all....Just try not to give up so quickly. sweatdrop

Manda_Tifa

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:51 am

Manda_Tifa
DoomNeko
Manda_Tifa

Well, I'm sure there are other jobs that don't involve some sort of degree then. Perhaps you could work as housekeeping for some hotel (I'm sure Montreal has plenty). Only minimal contact with guests and practically zero contact with money ('cept for your own tips). Or I'm sure there are other factories you could apply to. Or you could do custodial in one of the hundreds of big fancy buildings there. If you get a 3rd shift job somewhere then you hardly have to deal with the human race at all....Just try not to give up so quickly. sweatdrop

If all else fails, you can collect cans and bottles and turn them into a recycling center for money. Though I'm not sure how the canadian recycling works, so it might not be the same as here.
My mom collects cans for fundraising and we've gotten over $500 for it. So there are always ways to get a little extra cash, you just need to be creative and resourceful.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:52 am

All ready to get going to my interview downtown, hope all goes well.

Selene Aries

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:05 am

Diana Vulpes

good luck!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:10 am

Diana Vulpes
Knock em dead! 4laugh

Manda_Tifa

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:28 pm

Diana Vulpes

Best of luck!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:07 pm

Diana Vulpes
Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great. (gives you a mantis cookie for an extra boost of energy)

Krissim Klaw

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:18 pm

Back home~

Guess I can say the interview went well. I have an up to two week wait till I hear back from them and was warned that there are a lot of people applying for the same department as I am and that those with experience will be considered first, which I lack any of. xp

So, hopping for the best but not getting them too high.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:55 pm

Well, I'm sure the whole thing went well Diana. I';m wishing you the best of luck that you get that phone call to come in to work.

I am feeling pretty good because I can definitely go to Anthrocon again this year. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go because I have to go on an army FTX like right before hand. But it'll be over like the day before the con starts, so I'm totally there. I'm just gonna jump in a car with all my gear, still wearing my ACU and just head on over. xd

Iron-_-Wolf

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:19 pm

Iron-_-Wolf
Well, I'm sure the whole thing went well Diana. I';m wishing you the best of luck that you get that phone call to come in to work.

I am feeling pretty good because I can definitely go to Anthrocon again this year. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to go because I have to go on an army FTX like right before hand. But it'll be over like the day before the con starts, so I'm totally there. I'm just gonna jump in a car with all my gear, still wearing my ACU and just head on over. xd
Have fun!!! I wanna go to a con, but I just can't afford to, and I don't know of any around here.... neutral
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 740 741 742 743 744 745 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games