Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChickFlickMoment

Wheezing Noob

1,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:37 am
User Image

Lucy Marie Trailwood
|
|
|
...{Pureblood}...{Unsorted}...{First Year}...

╔════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Lucy was extremely eager to get her sorting over with. She was itching to know what house was really meant for her. After all that waiting and waiting her name was finally called and a large smile spread across her face. Hopping up to sit on the stool, the hat was placed on her head. She couldn't help but twitch and move a bit in her seat. It felt like a lightning storm of thoughts and idea's were running through her head of all the possible ways the sorting could go.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm very witty and sarcastic. I'm quick with a snark comment, but never mean to hurt feelings. If I do, I will instantly apologize. I'm known to be reading a book where ever I am. I always have a sappy romance novel at hand. I'm a hopeless romantic, even at my early age of eleven! I'm a bit introverted went it comes to my peers. I often seek out an older age group. Whether it be teachers, parents, or older children. I just tend to seek out maturity. My parents always tell me what a clever girl I am. I love to debate and talk about issues going on in both the Wizarding world and the Muggle world. Because of these many intellectual tendencies I have, most kids think of me as pompous and snotty. They never enjoy how I speak. My use of large words and high brow metaphors tend to throw them off kilter. What I really want is to be a regular kid. I want to eat loads of candy just to get a sugar rush or talk about boys and gossip with girlfriends while we do each others hair and makeup. Instead, I'll just quietly sit with my nose buried in my books. No harm, no foul.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:47 am
The cycle repeated
As explosions broke in the sky
All that I needed
Was the one thing I couldn't find
The colors conflicted
As the flames climbed into the clouds.
I wanted to fix this
But couldn't stop from tearing it down.

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood - First Year - Twin -
[feeling: nervous] [thinking: this is it...] [with: Sorting Hat] [at: Great Hall]

Toby walked up with long, casual strides, acting like he didn't really care. But inside he was a jumble of nerves. The brown haired boy didn't look back, but instead climbed onto the stool. His eyes flickered closed as he felt the hat being placed on his head. This was it.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm fun loving, mischievous, sly, bold, and wild. I have a trouble making streak and I love pranks and tricking people. Apparently I'm very good at acting and decieving others. But never fear! I'm not mean spirited, I just get a bit carried away sometimes. Like when that firework made a hole in the roof... Heh. I just really like to have a good time. As long as it's interesting and new, I'll get involved. Things often seem to just lead back to me, as I sometimes trigger chains of events that no one could possibly predict. I'm also unafraid to speak my mind, though I can be subtle about it when I want to. I don't particularly care what other people think of me, so I have no problem being the loner. But the more the merrier, you know?

So... Can we set something on fire now?

And you were there at the turn
Caught in the burning glow
And I was there at the turn
Waiting to let you know
We're building it up
To break it back down
We're building it up
To burn it down

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

ChickFlickMoment

Wheezing Noob

1,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:51 am
--Georgette--Signor--
User Image

.:Muggle-born:.:First year:.:Unsorted:.

==================================================
Georgette was absolutely thrilled to be in Hogwarts! All she could do was stare at everyone and everything. It all looked so beautiful, it was still a new thing to her that she would be living here for a majority of each year for seven whole years! With an internal squeal of excitement, she heard name being called to sort. She felt her heart skip a beat as she quickly trotted up to be seated and sorted. The large grin never left her face for a second.
==================================================

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a loud mouth. I love to chat and am very gregarious. I'm impulsive and often the person to initiate anything. I can be really protective of those who are close to me and am extremely stubborn. I'm really not the person you want to start an argument with. I will not stop! Over all, I like to think I'm a very nice and tolerant person with a heart of gold. I am respectful of authority and get annoyed when others are not. I say I'm a pretty confident person. I am in no way arrogant, but I do know that I'm a good person.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:57 am
Lindsay Hay
Unsorted Muggleborn

To be honest, Lindsay didn't quite know where to start. There was the train. How lucky he was that he had seen some other students get on to the platform, otherwise he wouldn't have ever suspected that to get to Platform 9 and 3/4 he had to run through a wall. Then there was the boats. They didn't have to be rowed or anything! It was all really quite amazing.

Then, there was the castle. The boy just couldn't believe that he was going to be studying in a castle. A castle! Just like the ones that he had read about when he was younger! He couldn't believe any of this. What he had seen of the castle was simply quite amazing. And the floating candles. He read that the ceiling of the Great Hall at Hogwarts was bewitched or something. He hoped one day he would be able to do something like that.

At the front of the hall, was a long table where a lot of adults he assumed were professors were sitting. There was one man standing with some old hat. Nothing could describe Lindsay's amazement as the hat came to life singing a song. Of course he had read about it in Hogwarts: A History, he just never imagined it as how it really was. That was usually the case with such things. Eventually, his name was called and he went up to sit on the stool. He hoped that he would end up being placed somewhere where he could continue his quest for intelligence.

Lindsay Hay
Others See Him
To be short with this, it's easiest to say that other people see Lindsay as a girl. A little girl who loves nothing more than to stay inside and read books of far off places. At his muggle school, he is seen as someone who always seems to know the answer and is always quite passionate about being correct. As such, he can be seen as being a bit arrogant. He doesn't really stand up much for himself and takes bullying silently, though it does affect him. Whenever something needed to be organized, he would be right there to put it all in order.

Deep Down
Deep down, Lindsay enjoys nothing more than being different. He wishes that he could run away to a world where things were more interesting, and so he is quite amazed by the wizarding world and the fact that it exists. He does worry from time to time about having people around who accept him. Being different is fine, but being alone and different is something completely different. So, when he gets a friend, he will likely stick with them until the end. Unless they do something so stupid that he feels the need to gossip about them, but he is convinced that everyone does that. He is someone who is very focused on his work and always tries to do his best on them. He's hardly satisfied with poor marks.

Fatal Flaw
Lindsay's fatal flaw is that he is convinced that everything will turn out like in books. He thinks that he can have a perfect life, and can be a bit too trusting at times.

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

TakaiOokami

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:07 pm
User Image
ᵞᵋᶳₑᶮᵢₐ ᶴᵤᶵᵣᵢᵡ

First Year ø Unsorted ø Muggleborn

"Music is easy and simple, you don't have to worry about things like betrayal."
Yesenia looked at the hat. It seemed kind of old... Was that really what would be sorting them into their houses? Wizards were strange folk... Did it talk or something? She was so busy being confused she didn't even realize she should be nervous.
"But in life, your best friends can end up as your worst enemies."

[ooc:]
Bass the Rabbit Status

TakaiOokami
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm cold, apathetic, and something of a jerk. Ok, wait, back up. When you first meet me I tend to be cold, and don't really care about what you have to say much. Sometimes I don't really pay attention to what you're saying, especially if I find you annoying. If I hate you, I go all out and will say it to your face, no secrets here. Once you get to know me i'm a bit more open and talkative. If you ever need help with something, especially if it's music related, i'm the gal to talk to. Unless it's dating advice, you'd be better off asking a troll. Or a dragon. You get the point. It's not that I dislike romance, i'm just bad at it. So, to summarize, you can come to me with just about anything, unless I don't know you or hate you, as long as it isn't romantic advice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:31 pm
User Image
User Image
Now alone, Hayden followed the student in front of her as the group of first years slowly straightened out into a somewhat tidy line. Marching through the hall, she realized how many other people were already there, and how many eyes were upon her. While many of the others seemed ready to collapse under the pressure, she kept her head high and a smile plastered on her doll-like face, the attention only strengthening her confidence.

Soon the line slowed, and then one by one they were called to the front of the room to be separated into their own respective houses, and she felt rightfully disgusted by the lack of character many of the other children appeared to have. When the name
"Hayden Hellington" was spat from the head of the hall, she straightened her posture even more, and then glided gracefully toward the stool that faced the entire composition of Hogwarts, her poisonous green eyes gleaming in the spotlight

La Lady Raven
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm snobbish, rude, stuck-up, hard-headed, and hard to like, and tend to view myself as better than most. But what can I say? I am. There aren't many pureblooded families out there with such a long line of Slytherins with high reputations. I often get called selfish—even by my own selfish family members, although my parents still give me anything I want, whenever I want it. I can't wait to attend Hogwarts so that I can follow in their footsteps, prove that I am just as magically-talented as the rest of my family—if not more, and show off my abilities and achievements to all of our family friends. Does wanting to be better than the best really make me a bad person? wink

User Image

Porcelaine Ivory

Digital Static

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:51 pm
User Image

Amory Goodwin

User Image

First Year ~~~~ ____ House ~~~~~ Eleven Years Old ~~~~Sorting hat Great Hall

User Image

Soon enough the professor returned to announce the sorting would begin. Mory filed into the hall with the other first years. There were fresh faces to survey now. As the sorting started, however, Mory's attention turned to the stool set up for each student to sit and have the hat placed. When it was her turn she moved forward, took a seat, and felt the hat placed on her head. She just hoped it was a selection she could live with, one without too many annoying people in it.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm hard to read at times. Although I'm also told that I am unapproachable looking. I guess it depends on my mood. If I like you I'm very approachable though.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:40 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

mc2
Veronica Kiss
[UNSORTED]
House: Unsorted
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

Wonder what house I'll get?

User Image
Ronna took a deep breath as the door to the Great Hall opened. She smiled with excitement and was glad she had read enough books to get caught up with some facts about the world she was embarking into. The fact a hat sat on the stool would have surprised her. Honestly, when she first read a hat sorted the students she thought the books were joking. She had to read it in two other books before she realized it was an established fact that the houses students were in was determined by an enchanted hat.

When her name was called, Veronica Kiss stepped forward trying to clear her mind of the boat ride over or her excitement at finally about to officially belong to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizarding by being sorted into a house. Well, Mr. Hat, let's see where you think I'd do best, She thought sitting down on the stool and confidently relayed her personality:

mc2
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stubborn, have a bit of a temper, and refuse to bend on my beliefs. I also am very rash and unafraid to confront something that bothers me. I suppose they also say I'm loyal and once they get to know me realize I am a hair shy though I am told I hide it quite well. I was always getting into fights as a kid standing up for what I thought was right, though I would like to say that I grew out of that stage (mostly).

Doing: waiting to be sorted
In Company of: those in the Great Hall
[Wearing:plain black school robes]

{ }

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Stubborn eh? Not to mention unwavering.
Not afraid to stand up for what's right either.
I know exactly where you'll fit in...

Gryffindor!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:44 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Essy ze Ninja
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house ______ ___________ Eleven Years Old
First Year

Sorting Hat

User Image

Somewhere along the way, he’d lost the crowd he had found himself in line with since their voyage over the boats. He was, undecided, for not, when it came to how he felt about this castle and the children it inhabited. The professors, on the other hand, well—if they look anything like the Keeper of Key, he was surely destined to pass every class with flying colors. (It’s a wonder what a pretty face can make a young boy do.) When it was his turn, he straightened his already poised posture and glided dutifully with long strides, longer than what his short legs seemed capable of. Alrigh’ hat, lets see which comrades you’ll put me with… Don’t screw me hat.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm self-centered. I don’t do anything without thinking of how it’ll benefit me first. They say I’m haughty and selfish, I say they’re just jealous. I don’t mean to be rude, well, maybe I do sometimes, but, it’s just too hard not too. I speak my mind when I know I won’t get in trouble, and if I ever think an adult is watching me, I morph into the perfect little angel. It’s brilliant really. They also say I’m competitive, too competitive, whatever that means. But they don’t understand; I’m a Kamenev, I yield to no one.

We’re never who we say we are.

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The hat hardly touched his head before speaking...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:49 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Amadeli
Eleanora McKenny
Unsorted First Year

Nora pursed her mouth tightly as anticipation grew in her gut. She shuffled along with the rest of the other students, just as eager to know her place as the next. She tried to make eye contact with her aunt, but Nora knew she was too far away. Hopefully her red hair would give away her location to her, so at least one person would be as anxious as she was. With large eyes, she scanned the seated students nearby. They all looked so...important! She couldn't help but wonder if she would eventually look like that as well. As her name was read, she politely shoved her way up to the front, biting her lip all the while. 'Well, it's too late to leave without embarrassing myself...!' she reasoned, and climbed the steps quickly, pattering up to the stool and wanting to just know already!

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm an observer. I tend to judge people before I know them. I'm also somewhat soft spoken, which can be mistaken for shy or unsociable. I have a sharp tongue, and a talent for sarcasm and witty remarks. I love a good joke, and always play by the rules. Ignorance is my weakness - I always feel as though other people know more than I do. I know I should push myself outside my comfort zone, but maybe later. I don't really like to talk very much - I'll use short sentences most of the time.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Soft-spoken?
I know exactly where you'll find your voice!

Hufflepuff!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:57 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Diamond Wales
User Image

User Image

Xavier had passed his time on the journey just ignoring everyone else. He refused to get into the argument about blood status because seriously? You're going to have a conniption fit about how someone was born? He rolled his eyes. That was childish.

He stepped into the Great hall, looking around. Bradley was around here somewhere, right? When he heard his name get called, He stepped up. Sitting down, all he could think was, Well, where am I going?

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm kinda aloof and a thinker. I tend to try and think things through before I do things, which puts me at odds at times with my more excitable sister, Andonae'. I also like to keep things in order, and dislike it when people mess it up. I guess that makes me an overly organized individual. I think that makes me prepared for when things go wrong. They always do, anyway.

--------------------------------------
State: Being Sorted
OOC: ...
--------------------------------------

An aloof thinker?
And quite organized too.
I see you as someone who has a plan for everything.
I know exactly where to put you!

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:05 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Diamond Wales
User Image
So tell me what you want to hear
Something that will light those ears
Sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away

User Image

When Jer's name was called, he scowled a bit. Seriously, maybe he ought to look into changing it. He didn't care about his name that much. That was the name the orphanage stuck him with. Sitting down, he waved at the various tables, knowing that Steffi or Cain or Bree were probably watching. Hey, they had managed to stick together, and he doubted that being in another house would change that.

However, when the hat descended on his head, he blinked. The heck? What kind of ratty thing was this? It was supposed to look into his head? Great, so no secrets? Ruddy hell, he really didn't like that, so he decided that he was going to give it to the hat straight.
"Oi, ya ragged bi' o' cloth, ya bett'r no' be tellin' any o' my secrets. Oth'rwise I'm gonna use ya as a polishin' rag."

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm snarky and sarcastic, but I love to put on a show. I have no problems with getting people's attention when I need to, and I love to entertain.

-------------------------------------------
State: Being Sorted
OOC: ...
-------------------------------------------

This time, don't need another perfect lie
Don't care if critics ever jump in line
I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Threatening me, eh?
I've heard greater threats from students before you.
As far as giving your secrets away, it's hard not to when you're in the spotlight.
I know just what to do with you...

Slytherin!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

budoodly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:06 pm
Kayleigh Lipy Sigma
Unsorted ~ First year

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayleigh could hardly wait to be sorted, to see where she fit in. But although her inside was abuzz, outside, she looked utterly bored. She thought it over for a few minutes, where would she fit? Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Slytherin, or Ravenclaw? She had no idea. I guess that's why they have the hat, She thought.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm sly, tough, persistant, I kno how to work a situation to get the desired effect. I can and will use your worst fears against you, you'd be surprised how easy it is to get your hands on them. Some people call it 'cold-blooded', I call it business. But I hate to do that, really. Stay on my good side and you'll be fine. Don't get me wrong, I'm not evil, but I can seem it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:10 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Silver Eagle III
And we both go down together...we'd stay there forever...just try to get up

Sergio Mourinho Di Maria

UnsortedPurebloodEleven

I always sing you sad songs...and you can sing along...and you can see your melody is calling out your wrongs.

Sergio walked into the Sorting, awaiting his fate; although, he might have an idea of where he would be placed. He hopefully would be placed in his father's house, but who knows what lies beyond.

I never told you everything. Your losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way

And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy...I ask you believe me...and never let go

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm sarcastic like no other. I am mean, cold-hearted. Sounds like the good old elitist right? I am quite arrogant too. AT least, my mom is always telling me that. Despite this, I am intelligent. Not the overall genius, but I am very resourceful, very ambitious, and very driven. I am also very level headed and I am always calm. Unlike my quick triggered Slytherin father and brother, I am much more like my mom in that respect.

To the ones I love however, I am extremely protective, but to the one's I only know, I do not care about them. I do not care about anyone that isn't close to me. Their lives, their well-being, none of it. It is weird, but it's like they could be gone and I still wouldn't care. It's the sad unfortunate truth, but that's the way it is in my eyes.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The hat barely touched his head before speaking...
Slytherin!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:14 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Maiya Kajuji
User ImageUser Image

Ӻɨɍȿҭ ϒєȧяȖȵșσɾȶҿȡӍʯɠʛɫεҍѻʀлϩɩɳɡʃҙ
Erica stepped slowly into Great Hall in awe. The inside of the castle was almost more impressive than the outside. She couldn't believe that in just a few moments she would be sorted. For the next seven years of her life she would be with the people she would meet here, she only hoped she'd be able to find friends here, if the boat ride over was any indication things looked good. When her named was called her heart nearly stopped. It was time. She stepped up to the stool and sat down, ever keeping her eyes on the hat. She couldn't believe that a piece of talking fabric was deciding her fate but according to everyone it knew, and quite well at that. She certainly hoped so.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quiet. I mostly keep to myself and have my nose in a book. I have also been called silently smart. Apparently I am smarter than most people but people are still shocked when I speak up with what I know. I'm just fine with talking to people if they are just quiet and let me. I enjoying having fun but won't really go in search of it, I also will always stand by a friend.

{OoC: }

I see great intelligence in this one,
But hardly anyone listens.
I know exactly where you'll be heard...

Ravenclaw!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games