Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:48 am
Neko-Yousei
Misaki_Chii

Downloading the movie trailer Masq! WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO TRASLATE STUFF!! I Wanna see it now!!!!!! Also Peach Girl... except the colors kinda annoy me a bit. They just don't seem right! Ah well.

I dislike Toji's hair color...and Momo's hair could be a bit more blonde.

Good luck on job hunting, Chii-chan!

I start my job this afternoon and I am SOOOO nervous. gonk

so how did it go?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:07 pm
Masquanade
Neko-Yousei
Misaki_Chii

Downloading the movie trailer Masq! WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG TO TRASLATE STUFF!! I Wanna see it now!!!!!! Also Peach Girl... except the colors kinda annoy me a bit. They just don't seem right! Ah well.

I dislike Toji's hair color...and Momo's hair could be a bit more blonde.

Good luck on job hunting, Chii-chan!

I start my job this afternoon and I am SOOOO nervous. gonk

so how did it go?

^^ Thanks for asking Masq!

It went well. Once I got there, my jitters had gone away, I just didn't know what to do. THANK GOD I met someone who was a friend of my best friend who I'd met once, he was also going to be a "runner" that night. So, he showed me the ropes and I followed him around like a baby chick. *Think Kisa and Tohru from Furuba, if you've seen the anime* xd

So, yeah...I'm leaving in about 15 minutes to do it again tonight, but this time, my best friend will be there with me. It'll be her first night. I'm looking foward to it. My favorite part of the job is scooping rice into bowls because they have special spoons that make the rice into a dome and that's fun to do....yes, I'm weird. blaugh

The only thing I'm not looking foward to is the hot kitchen, which is where I am most of the time. gonk  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:17 pm
Mmm sounds like fun Neko.

Picked up volume five of Tsubasa today and I'm borrowing the first issues of Princess Ai and Megatokyo from a friend.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:57 pm
Masquanade

Picked up volume five of Tsubasa today and I'm borrowing the first issues of Princess Ai and Megatokyo from a friend.

It was pretty fun. ^^ It's an easy job.

Holy crap, Tsubasa v5 is out?!?!? Unnyaaa~ gonk So that makes...:
Furuba v8
Sensual Phrase v7
From Far Away v3
Tsubasa v5
And I swear there was another one...or maybe I'm thinking of the Vampire Game that I'm gonna swipe from a friend Tuesday...I want the next Hana Kimi... crying  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:59 pm
random comment on Masq's duckie attire...:
I think of "bat" and "duck" when I see your outfit then...the cartoon "DarkWing Duck" pops into my head. Yes, I'm Neko-Yousei and I am WeIrD. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:06 pm
Neko-Yousei
Masquanade

It was pretty fun. ^^ It's an easy job.

Holy crap, Tsubasa v5 is out?!?!? Unnyaaa~ gonk So that makes...:
Furuba v8
Sensual Phrase v7
From Far Away v3
Tsubasa v5
And I swear there was another one...or maybe I'm thinking of the Vampire Game that I'm gonna swipe from a friend Tuesday...I want the next Hana Kimi... crying

they're about to release fruits basket on a monthly basis now . . . or was it two months? something like that- they're really close together. but the next Vampire Game is coming out soon.

I read the first volume of MegaTokyo and Princess Ai. MT was really good, very funny. I love the highly remote anime/manga references (because I'm a nut like that). Princess Ai . . . it was good. The art was very lovely, there were just some aspects I didn't like, but beyond that it was pretty good.  

Masquanade
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:24 am
MegaTokyo rules. You know you can read it online, right?

If I had the extra cash I'd buy the books as well. I have the first one when they were being published by Iron Cat, but then Iron Cat went bye bye. razz Oh, who's your favorite character so far? I love Miho and Largo. 3nodding

I don't think i could ever get into Princess Ai because when they advertised it long before it was released, they kept talking about Ai Yazawa doing the art work for it and I was SO pumped to read it because I loved her artwork from Paradise Kiss...but...no. She did like some cover art and character designs and that's it. Some other chick did the actual manga art. I was pissed. So, yeah...I believe that scarred me from wanting to read it.

But I have some extra cash today so I'm going to see what Barnes and Noble has to offer manga-wise! w00t~  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 10:31 am
Neko-Yousei
MegaTokyo rules. You know you can read it online, right?

If I had the extra cash I'd buy the books as well. I have the first one when they were being published by Iron Cat, but then Iron Cat went bye bye. razz Oh, who's your favorite character so far? I love Miho and Largo. 3nodding

I don't think i could ever get into Princess Ai because when they advertised it long before it was released, they kept talking about Ai Yazawa doing the art work for it and I was SO pumped to read it because I loved her artwork from Paradise Kiss...but...no. She did like some cover art and character designs and that's it. Some other chick did the actual manga art. I was pissed. So, yeah...I believe that scarred me from wanting to read it.

But I have some extra cash today so I'm going to see what Barnes and Noble has to offer manga-wise! w00t~

Yeah I know I can read it oline, but I read manga more comfortably in book form. The volume I read was published by Iron Cat. I think my favorite character is Piro because I love all his remote anime references. My friend has volume 2 and 3 and I plan on borrowing that. I might buy them myself when I get the extra money.

I really liked the art to Princess Ai- i thought that was one of the better aspects of it. I really didn't like it either but since my friend owned it I though I could borrow it. Ended up being better than I thought it was but it was like OMGTHAT"SSOGOOD! type of thing. Something I wouldn't mind somoene giving me, but nothing I would buy personally.

Man I want to go the big Renaissance Festival! I was suppose to go yesterday with a friend, but like it was raining all day so we didn't get to go and now today it's cloudless and I have no one to go with.  

Masquanade
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 11:50 am
Ahhh...a Renaissance Festival...never been to one. I bet they're tons of fun though. My friend always goes to them when they're in the area because he likes food on a stick. o__O He's a weird one, but I lurves him anyways. lol

I went to check my schedule for this week and I have to work this coming Sunday. Mother's Day. sad Also...the night my favorite TV show comes on. Yes, I'm a Desperate HouseWives Addict. sweatdrop I also enjoy Grey's Anatomy, but hopefully, I'll be home before 10pm. xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 12:25 pm
Neko-Yousei
Ahhh...a Renaissance Festival...never been to one. I bet they're tons of fun though. My friend always goes to them when they're in the area because he likes food on a stick. o__O He's a weird one, but I lurves him anyways. lol

I went to check my schedule for this week and I have to work this coming Sunday. Mother's Day. sad Also...the night my favorite TV show comes on. Yes, I'm a Desperate HouseWives Addict. sweatdrop I also enjoy Grey's Anatomy, but hopefully, I'll be home before 10pm. xd

Yeah this Renaissance Festival is the bigggest and only in the area. They were having these gousters from Canada and these performers from a show called Ezuru (which gets people from all over the world). It's gotten pretty big but I couldn't find anyone to go with me, so sadly I'm not going this year, and I don't know if I can next year since I'll be at college. crying I've been every year they've had it.

Hey I'm a Desperate Housewives fan. xd I also watch Lost, CSI (Las Vegas), Without a Trace, Amazing Race, and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I'm a loser like that. Actually I don't watch as much as my parents. My parents love reality TV shows and usually I get stuck watching them as well. Like Lost was something my parents watched and I started watching CSI and Without a Trace because it comes on after Suvivor which is my parents' favorite reality TV show.  

Masquanade
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 2:39 pm
Masquanade
Neko-Yousei

Yeah this Renaissance Festival is the bigggest and only in the area. They were having these gousters from Canada and these performers from a show called Ezuru (which gets people from all over the world). It's gotten pretty big but I couldn't find anyone to go with me, so sadly I'm not going this year, and I don't know if I can next year since I'll be at college. crying I've been every year they've had it.

Hey I'm a Desperate Housewives fan. xd I also watch Lost, CSI (Las Vegas), Without a Trace, Amazing Race, and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. I'm a loser like that. Actually I don't watch as much as my parents. My parents love reality TV shows and usually I get stuck watching them as well. Like Lost was something my parents watched and I started watching CSI and Without a Trace because it comes on after Suvivor which is my parents' favorite reality TV show.

Yaaay! *doesn't feel alone* blaugh

Let's see...my shows during the week are:
Everybody Loves Raymond (last season! gonk )
Two and a Half Men
Alias (Been a fan since the first sseason)
The O.C.
Desperate HouseWives heart
Grey's Anatomy

So I guess that's not like a ton of shows...I have a friend who always teases me about being a TV junkie, when, actually, I think she watches more than me. lol She's a huge Lifetime freak. She loves to cry in movies. She rented Little Women last night for that very reason...to cry. I love my weird friends. 4laugh

Well! I dropped by Barnes and Noble and to my surprise they had Tsubasa v5!!! I snatched that and Furuba v8. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:18 pm
Hahaha. Out my friends I have the most varied taste in TV. Either my friends don't watch tv and if they do watch a lot of it, it's mostly like Cartoon Network, VH1, and such. Very few watch the same shows I do.  

Masquanade
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 3:45 pm
Question: Did I make the Name That Manga too hard??? No one has even answered to the thread... question  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:58 pm
Neko-Yousei
Question: Did I make the Name That Manga too hard??? No one has even answered to the thread... question

uh i didn't know you had revamped it
maybe edit the title to draw more people in?  

Masquanade
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 8:23 pm
Masquanade
Neko-Yousei

uh i didn't know you had revamped it
maybe edit the title to draw more people in?

Kay...lol...I have an idea...  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games