Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:43 pm
Okay, I just did a bio for Sin in my journal. His excuse for Sith alchemy was that he was very young during the end of Palpatine, and spent nearly two decades on Korriban, researching and perfecting his training as practically the last Inquisitor.

Is that enough for what i need, or do I need more?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:20 pm
except where's his excuse for where he found alchemy?

So he's aroudn the time of palps. The only person who would perform it would be big p himself, and its highly doubious he picked it up there.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:42 pm
Spent nearly two decades on Korriban. He has plenty of time to root through the dozens of temples and dig up all kinds of holocrons, artifacts, and whatnot.

Palps himself went there to visit some Sith ghosts for advice. He didn't take all of his artifacts to his vaults. I'm sure Sin could find at least one holocron that could help him alchemize AND FORGE his own weapons.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:49 pm
But alchemy and forging are two different things. Alchemy allows him to produce the metals and alloys, but unless he can handle it when the hammer comes down, it ain't going to do any good.

Plus, like in all alchemy, there are so many branches its not funny. Eh, Ferno's just got a convenient excuse...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:01 am
True true. Chaged it up a bit. I'm only having it the he can alchemizeand forge his droid (TH-00) and some Sith daggers. Nothing much beyond.

Conveniant excuse...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:26 pm
Although 140 isn't that old, considering that Ferno's well over 200.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:30 pm
For a Falleen, it's about middle-age. I think it mentions somewhere that they live to about 300.

I mean, Xizor was a bit over 100, yet he acted about 30 or 40ish. I figure Sin would be a bit older.

I also added more to the bio, elaborating how he came across the New Sith Order upon his return to Korriban. Any ideas for how Sin and Ferno could be acquainted?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:06 pm
Falleen can live around 800 years of age by my guess. They're almost as long-lived as the hutts, who live well over a thousand years.

You're thinkin' wookiees. They cap out at 300. Falleen are like lizards, cold-blooded almost. They live as long as the almost want, and are more often killed by outside means rather than natural causes.

edit: Of course, upon looking at wookiepedia, they say 250 years max, which makes no sense. I mean 250 years is nowhere close to the hutts 1000+... So methinks that's average lifespan, but not potential, if that fact has to be correct... Methinks also that 800 is still a better cap than some meager 250. Even wookiees live longer, but they're not "almost as long lived as hutts" so I do think that they doth have a mistake in their databanks.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:29 pm
That's where I got my info.

Well, if that were correct, then Sin would be middle-aged.

If not, then he's just getting into his adulthood practically.

Anything we can use to connect Ferno and Sin?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:13 pm
Nope.

Because the two aren't connected. Ferno's past is independant of that of the rest of the sith order. It isn't until recently anyone's actually really gotten near him (Jaden) and more importantly, really known who he is.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:05 am
Kay up with something overnight. Really complicated, but I figured out another way to prolong life:

Sin is dead, but like most smart Sith, created a holocron, insealing part of his spirit, and all of his knowledge and experience. He also has a single Spaarti cylinder, hidden on Falleen, with a single, unaltered clone of his body.

The plan is he will take over the body much like Palpatine did. This time, however, he will approve upon that. He will enlist the aid of a Sith, skilled in sith alchemy (Ferno, for example) to assist, and conjure a Dark Side aura around the clone; instead of being pre-birth just Force-sensitive, he will be a pre-birth dark-sider inherent.

TK-00 will then copy all of the information in Sin's holocron, and destroy it, releasing the last bit of Sin's spirit. He will have a little time, maybe five seconds, to hurriedly inhabit the clone body, and take over. Because the body is inhabited by only a fraction of a spirit, and is already used to the dark-side energies, it will not decay so rapidly, or at all, for that matter.

If successful, and Sin is reborn, then we got a new present for Lord Krayt.

My logic was that Palpatine could never create a long-living clone of himself because of the instability of the energies, his massive use of power, and the fact that he had a holocron, a single part of his spirit that was alive and protected. Because the consciousness was split between the holocron and spirirt, the power was conflicting, tearing itself apart, and unfocused.

By destroying the holocron, there becomes a chance for there to be only one spirirt, or the spirits fuse, to inhabit the body, not stressing the capacity or strain on the energies. Then, once the spirirt is healed again, and in one healtrhy piece, it can remake its holocron.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:44 am
Holocrons don't store spirits though.

So that shoots your plan down the shitter.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:29 pm
Then explain how a holocron of Bane or Revan could speak and communicate with someone they've never met, without using a pre-written message.

I mean, with Darth Krayt, Adenddu, bane, and Nihlilus all conversed with Krayt. That's gotta be at least part of their spirits.

Or the best AI in the galaxy  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:49 pm
ElladanKenet
Then explain how a holocron of Bane or Revan could speak and communicate with someone they've never met, without using a pre-written message.

I mean, with Darth Krayt, Adenddu, bane, and Nihlilus all conversed with Krayt. That's gotta be at least part of their spirits.

Or the best AI in the galaxy
And sure enough, it is the best AI. Reconstructed memory core that copies the personality and such, and can only relate events and abilities stored within it.

Leaving Darth Sin, of course without his death.

Okay, I researched Va Bando (sp?). Apparantly, there's some way Korriban can increase the power of a Sith spirit. Perhaps if I had someone take Sin's holocron there, and have someone alchimize a suitable body, he could be ressurected that way.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas