Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:40 pm
Trigram Attack
Tails navigated more naturally through the night, but he watched Sub for a bit as he climbed. There was always some sort of shift to Sub's tone that the boy noticed but never could pin down. He chalked it to his general deafness of tone to human dialect. Sarcasm was just as foreign to him as saccharine baby-talk but either way he knew it wasn't the norm.

Without the effort Sub had exerted, the boy bounded to the top of the rock to sit.

"I guess he just can't connect with it is all," he said in a lower tone. Though Blizz meant well, he did not put it past him to be lurking out here now, to be sure Sub didn't do something untoward.

"I suppose it's understandable." Sub said as he handed Tails one of the wrapped Lava Cookies, sealed tight to preserve freshness. "While Blizz has lived through his own horrible moments in life, he has yet to experience what you and I have. He had closure with what changed his life, having faced it head on and obtaining vengeance, but did we? What benefit did we gain from our pain? What did it give back to us? Nothing, nothing but sorrow and painful memories." With that, he took out his own cookie, unwrapped it, and took a big bite, barely chewing enough before speaking. "That said, he's a good guy, but no one will have all the answers."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:47 pm
Tails cut the cellophane with his sharp claw and he gnawed on the cookie while Sub spoke. Like chocolate, a lava cookie was too good to scarf down unceremoniously. "I can't even remember most of it," he said. "Just some noises. And a few Pokemon. I knew a few. They died like most of the others. I bet I knew more that died."

He sat there, teeth hooked into the cookie and thought. Then, drew back. "So what happened to you? You're not an experiment too, are you?"  

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ms Edyn

Dangerous Millionaire

6,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:48 pm
"Oh, I see the problem now," Eve said, smiling at having figured this out, "It's not that you're unable to hide your emotions like you were able to before. It's simply that you're experiencing these emotions more intensely than you did before and you're body is just not used to feeling them at that level. Like now, you're not getting angry over nothing, you're just irritated at not having your usual level of control. And that slight irritation is so intensified in your new body that it turns to anger. It's actually something I've come to find fairly common with new hybrids and newly evolved hybrids."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:54 pm
Trigram Attack
Tails cut the cellophane with his sharp claw and he gnawed on the cookie while Sub spoke. Like chocolate, a lava cookie was too good to scarf down unceremoniously. "I can't even remember most of it," he said. "Just some noises. And a few Pokemon. I knew a few. They died like most of the others. I bet I knew more that died."

He sat there, teeth hooked into the cookie and thought. Then, drew back. "So what happened to you? You're not an experiment too, are you?"
"Might as well have been." Sub sighed, staring down at his cookie, as if it was a television screen broadcasting his life before his very eyes. "I was an orphan, never knew my parents, was raised to be a monk of the Tin Tower in Ecruteak City, to worship the Pokemon Ho-oh." He began to explain, looking up from his cookie. "I never got along with the other students, except one, a younger kid named Subbarao, me and him became very close, like brothers, in essence he was the only family I had. Well, to make a long story short, Subbarao went off to take care of chores which I said I would help him do, since he was so small, but my master insisted he went and I stayed behind to do my own." It was at this point that Sub looked back down, as if wanting to stop there, but he didn't.

"He had stopped on the way back from his errand to help a young girl get her Hoppip out of a tree in the forest. We were always told not to go into the forest as none of us had Pokemon of our own, it was dangerous. Well, he climbed up the tree to get the Hoppip and unknowingly stumbled into a Beedrill nest, and was attacked, and killed by them. At his funeral my master forbid me to show emotion for the loss of my brother, and expected me to just move on like nothing happened. Because of that, and how neutral and uncaring the monks were towards everything, I left. Abandoned their teachings, and assumed the name of Sub in memory of Subbarao, no longer using the name they had given me." He now forced a smile to reassure Tails that all was okay. "So, like the cookie?" He asked.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:56 pm
Ms Edyn
"Oh, I see the problem now," Eve said, smiling at having figured this out, "It's not that you're unable to hide your emotions like you were able to before. It's simply that you're experiencing these emotions more intensely than you did before and you're body is just not used to feeling them at that level. Like now, you're not getting angry over nothing, you're just irritated at not having your usual level of control. And that slight irritation is so intensified in your new body that it turns to anger. It's actually something I've come to find fairly common with new hybrids and newly evolved hybrids."

"Not only that but this body gets to come with the extra special drawback of the Distortion World yanking at my every heartstring. Giratina's realm calls me back every second. Apparently, according to Sub, my jacket is the only thing anchoring me here. It's a little maddening." Darts says mildly.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:59 pm
"Sounds a little hectic," Eve said sympathetically, "So if someone were to, say, rip that jacket off, you'd be forced into this Distortion World?"  

Ms Edyn

Dangerous Millionaire

6,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Dumb Furret

Fashionable Receiver

7,875 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:05 pm
"Yeah," said Tails, and that was all. This tone was familiar because Tails had just tried to use it on Blizz. It was an invitation to leave the topic alone and for Sub's sake he took it. They'd shared as much of their stories as they felt they needed to. Tails, however, didn't feel like he was done.

"I need to remember more," he said. "For them. And I need to know enough for all of them." He leaned forward so that his chin rested on the heels of his hands and the cookie sat just before his nose. "I just don't know where to start though. I thought Hex might be good enough because it's different from everything else I know, but..."

Again, he found he didn't know how to put these thoughts into words.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:07 pm
Ms Edyn
"Sounds a little hectic," Eve said sympathetically, "So if someone were to, say, rip that jacket off, you'd be forced into this Distortion World?"
"Yes." Darts says. "But they'd have a much harder time getting it off me without me noticing. My jacket's become a living part of me, as much as my arm. It's got a system of nerves inside it, so I can feel pain and tactile senses through it, but faintly." He sighs. "Hardly your routine transformation."  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Ms Edyn

Dangerous Millionaire

6,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:20 pm
"I see," Eve said, "I've never heard of any sort of transformation like this. It's quite unusual."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:36 pm
Ms Edyn
"I see," Eve said, "I've never heard of any sort of transformation like this. It's quite unusual."

"To be fair, me either. But it's almost... comforting to know it's an oddity all around. Makes me less alarmed somehow." Darts says, nodding sagely. "Though I still feel like I'm walking on glass."  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Ms Edyn

Dangerous Millionaire

6,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:42 pm
"You like being different," Eve said, slowly beginning to understand Darts a little more, "But with as much power as you have, and not being accustomed to it, I think walking on glass might be a bit of an understatement."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:48 pm
Ms Edyn
"You like being different," Eve said, slowly beginning to understand Darts a little more, "But with as much power as you have, and not being accustomed to it, I think walking on glass might be a bit of an understatement."

"Yeah me too." Darts admits gloomily. He glances at the Leafeon hybrid askance. "You have a kind of calming presence." He says, after a moment's examination. "You seem so in control of yourself."  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Ms Edyn

Dangerous Millionaire

6,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:57 pm
"Meditation helps," Eve said, shifting slightly on the table to a more comfortable position, "Though, I'll admit, I'm nowhere near perfect in my control. I tend to lose it with some of the more intense emotions such as anger."  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:25 pm
Ms Edyn
"Meditation helps," Eve said, shifting slightly on the table to a more comfortable position, "Though, I'll admit, I'm nowhere near perfect in my control. I tend to lose it with some of the more intense emotions such as anger."

"Meditation huh? I always assumed that was spiritual jiggery-pokery or some such." Darts snorts, a laugh emitting through his nose. "Does it really work?"  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Ms Edyn

Dangerous Millionaire

6,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:35 pm
"It does if you're serious enough about it and constant with it," Eve nodded, "It's all about centering yourself and controlling your emotions. It takes time for it to start working."  
Other Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 756 757 758 759 760 761 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games