Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Online Magazine

Back to Guilds

Gaias biggest fan made Magazine 

Tags: gaia, online, magazine, community, publication 

Reply Gaia Online Magazine
Hangout Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 425 426 427 428 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clary_Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:52 pm
Xerxies
Clary_Fairy
You spilled acid on yourself!? eek

Not intentionally. I was helping a girl clean up and she handed me a bottle of pH 4 buffer without screwing the cap on tightly. I didn't know and when I tipped it slightly to fit it in with the others, it got on my finger. OTL

But because I knew all the safety procedures I set the container down and turned the faucet on, keeping my hand under the stream of water for 5 minutes. But then I had to go all the way to the public safety office and report the injury. For legal reasons we have to.

>___< Well, I'm glad it didn't do serious damage. razz I almost spilled a chemical on my hand once in Chemistry class, but the name of the chemical escapes me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:54 pm
My lab partner once accidentally shot hydrochloric acid into my eyes in the lab. I had safety glasses on, but it dripped down from my brow before I could do anything.
All my lab related accidents have been because of someone else's oversight. Someone also managed to catch me on fire once...Yeeeah.

Xerxies

5,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

theMeji
Crew

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:05 pm
Arcaniman1993
:O theMaji loves Clannad and Phantasy Star........ I think I'm in love!
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:06 pm
Oh well. Time to head off to bed. ^^  

theMeji
Crew

Friendly Gaian

Clary_Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:10 pm
Xerxies
My lab partner once accidentally shot hydrochloric acid into my eyes in the lab. I had safety glasses on, but it dripped down from my brow before I could do anything.
All my lab related accidents have been because of someone else's oversight. Someone also managed to catch me on fire once...Yeeeah.

eek OH MY GOODNESS! You poor girl! gonk I've had some unfortunate experiences in the lab, but none as bad as yours! >___<
theMeji
Oh well. Time to head off to bed. ^^

Night Meji! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:14 pm
Eh, it's okay, the lab accidents. No harm done. Some skin missing here, lots of time under heavy streams of water, no biggie.  

Xerxies

5,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Clary_Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm
>.<

I remember in the science class period before my class, someone apparently spilled a dangerous chemical on themselves and had to use the emergency shower. When I walked in, the floor was SOAKED. Those gosh darn 8th graders. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:29 pm
Clary_Fairy
Paesco
Kirisuka
Good afternoon, GOM! How is everyone holding up? :D

Whoa.
Your avi is GOD.
D;

I thought her avvie was EPIC too. xd

Thank you, both of you! I'm suitably flattered, it's really nothing special. :'D <3  

Kirisuka

Codger

Kirisuka

Codger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:30 pm
'Night, Meji.

Emergency eye showers in classroom labs are like bad omens, if you ask me. :>

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:32 pm
Hm, I'm back from school.
I very much dislike preppy girls...

tony starks body

Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Xerxies

5,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:33 pm
Emergency showers are very important though, they save lives...So does the eye wash, and the fire blanket.
I'm in a class where we regularly work with several deadly chemicals every week, and people have had to get medical attention for acid burns and such, through no fault of their own.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:39 pm
Oh, yes, I don't doubt the importance of safety materials, especially in a lab with hazardous materials- but in junior high and elementary chemistry/biology labs, I feel as if the blatant signs instructing children on how to use the facilities are rather frightening. Safety over discretion, I suppose. P:  

Kirisuka

Codger

tony starks body

Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:41 pm
May I ask what brought on the subject of hazardous accidents in the lab?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:43 pm
Not a clue here, cloud. I butted myself in on it midway. ;D  

Kirisuka

Codger

Xerxies

5,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:43 pm
le c l o u d
May I ask what brought on the subject of hazardous accidents in the lab?

I was commenting on my day. I ended up getting acid on my finger due to someone not screwing the lid on tightly.  
Gaia Online Magazine

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 425 426 427 428 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games