Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:04 pm
YEah, a holocron is just an uber-computer. After the old school force limitations and strengths, it's probaby my strongest subject.

However, I suggest researching how Naga Sadow bound his soul on Yavin IV to the ziggurats if you're still into the whole soul searching. Sith Ghosts exist for millenia, and all a spirit would seem to be is their soul...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:37 pm
That was Exar Kun. Naga Sadow practically vanished after a few years.

Exar Kun achieved it by massacring the Massasi, and draining the whole planet's force energies (except the jedi in defense there). He used the power to seal his spirirt with the temple accidently, while he was actually trying to escape back to Empress Teta.

To do that, I'd basically have to go back to Korriban and kill everyone there, which won't happen. I thought about the Staff of Ragnos, but that's obliterated.

Of course, if I found Naga Sadow's poison blades, or Exar Kun's amulets, that might work.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:23 pm
ElladanKenet
That was Exar Kun. Naga Sadow practically vanished after a few years.

Exar Kun achieved it by massacring the Massasi, and draining the whole planet's force energies (except the jedi in defense there). He used the power to seal his spirirt with the temple accidently, while he was actually trying to escape back to Empress Teta.

To do that, I'd basically have to go back to Korriban and kill everyone there, which won't happen. I thought about the Staff of Ragnos, but that's obliterated.

Of course, if I found Naga Sadow's poison blades, or Exar Kun's amulets, that might work.
There's also the point of consulting Marka Ragnos. He hmself is still living, albeit as a spirit in his tomb. I'd just need to find a way to get him to ressurect Sin without taking over the body.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:42 am
He's not really living so much as summoned.

Which makes me wonder if you could summon a jedi... Or hell, why not just ressurrect Sin and bypass ragnos?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:40 pm
In theory, Ragnos would be the easier to ressurect because of his power. He practically ressurected himself; he only needed the Staff to give him a body, and a willing one at that.

Using the same rules and techniques, you could easily summon a Jedi. The problem is, unlike the Sith, hardly any of them linger. Luke and Kel Droma for one, and Obi Wan did for a while. But there are many many more Sith who linger around as full-fledged shades, or even just minor spirits. That's why you see Hssiss most of the time.

The problem now would be to find something to use as a tranceiver, then i'd need an appropriate body, clone at least.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:52 pm
But sith ghosts only maintain their identity because they have locked it to a physical object. Once the object is destroyed, no more spirit. Just because you don't know what the object is doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:59 pm
He still had his after his staff was destroyed. Says he returned to his tomb, meainging one of two things:

-The staff didn't contain his spirit

-Goind to the 'tomb' was metaphorical for his actual death

Assuming the former to be true, chances are, his spirirt is corresponded to the tomb itself. This means that TK-00 would have to find something that Sin hardwired his spirirt too before death; something on dathomir. Ragnos died on Korriban, not too far from his tomb, so that works for him. Sin's on Dathomir however (at least in spirit, unless he can still travel with his body).

At which point, I'd still need something to gather and harness the latent dark energy to transfer the spirit from its resting place to a body.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:01 pm
You're making this harder than it is.

Hell, Darth Sin could technically take control of that dumb droid if it went an integrated the personality matrix into its robotic body. I'd be a robot sith, true, but due to its matrix, all it has to do is put a hologram projector over its body and it'd look and sound like him.

Another option is bind his spirit to the holocron; sure, holocrons are just damn good AI, but they're still an object...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:06 pm
Okay, fine. I was trying to be overly creative.

But a Sith droid can't use the Force. It needs midichlorians, which only come from sentient, living beings. Of course, the spirirt itself would provide much of that, but thinking logically, there'd be nothing to replenish any lost power. Sure, he'd be bad-a** for a few days, but eventually he'd run out and would have to find a well to replenish at.

How about I just find a promising young Sith, sacrifice about ten others as a catylyst, and just combine the lot of them and have Sin take over the body.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:08 pm
Hey, its your character. I dunno why you're putting so much effort into an NPC, but clear it with cale. He's the RPM.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:10 pm
Well, he's a character I'd like to be a PC, and in future RPs, he will be.

Call this my Grand Experiment.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:12 pm
I decided to work on an Imperial Navy rank list, since I'm bored tonight. I'll post it here shortly.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:32 pm
Entry No: Oh-One-Fiver
Subject: Imperial Rank and Insignia
Capsule:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When people think of the Empire, all they ever think about is the Lord Vader, the shiny Star Destroyers, and their terrifying Death Stars.

What people fail to mention are the people that actually do most of the running of the Galactic Empire. Following is a detailed list of the various ranks of members in the good ol' Imperial Navy and Army.

-Executor
-Grand Admiral
-Grand General
-Grand Moff
-Moff
-High Admiral
-Admiral
-Vice Admiral
-Commodore
-General
-Colonel
-Major
-Commander
-Captain
-Flight Lieutenant
-Flight Officer

The list itself ranges from the highest down to the very lowest commisioned officer. Let's instead take a closer look from the bottom up:

Flight Officer
Also called Deck Officer, this poor fellow is little more than the lapdog of a lieutenant. They have slightly more authority than non-commisioned officers, such as sargeants and corporeals, but there is rarely any difference in actual ability or skill.
In theory, a Flight Officer's insignia would include one blue bar over one red bar with one code cylinder on the right.

Flight Lieutenant
The standard and most common officer aboard Imperial capital ships. Flight Lieutenants are actually ranked officers, charged with more speciic duties aboard ships, such as handling Communications, or operating the main controls. They often serve as second-in-commands to captains aboard Destroyers.
Insiginia consists of two blue bars over two red with a cylinder on the right.

Captain
The lowest ranked officer capable of commanding a vessel, be it Destroyer or corvette. Captains often serve as the commanding officers of their own ships, or sometimes as the second-in-command to more prestigous captains or higher ranked officers, an example being Captain Pellaeon serving as the flag carrier for Grand Admiral Thrawn aboard Chimeara.
Captain's rank is three red bars over three blue, rwith a cylinder at right.

Commander
The commander is a more generic term than captain, able to lead various other vessels, including larger Heavy Destroyers. Commander is also the rank of Army signifigance, such as the 'Commander' in charge of Endor's Shield Depot.
Commander is signified by three red bars over three blue with a cylinder on each side.

Major
A military rank higher than Commander, usually found in the Army. In Army terms, a Major commanded as many as a thousands soldiers. In the Navy, Major's were the commanding officers of an entire wing of TIEs.
They were signified by fore red bars over four blue bars with a cylinder on the right.

Colonel
Colonel is a rank slightly higher than Major, and again found in more Army ranks than anything. Colonels commanded an entire regiment of 4,000 soldiers within the military.
Notable Colonels include Jacen and Jaina Solo, Maximillian Veers at one point, as well as Jagged Fel.
Colonel rank was the same as Major with an additional cylinder on the left.

General
Practically the highest rank in the Military. Generals are the commanding officers on any ground battle, short of the presence of an Executor. General's commanded entire armies, while High Generals commanded all army forces in a system, and Surface Marshal within an entire sector.
Notable Generals include Rieken, Jan Dodonna, Crix Madine, Freja Covell, and Maximillian Veers.
General rank was identified by a major's rank, the only differences being more space inbetween the bars, as well as a silver plate behind them.

Commodore
Commodore was a rank many astrived for and few achieved. This rank allowed for the commandment of a Task Force, a smaller part of a Fleet. Commodores commanded as many as 3 destroyers along with 90 other smaller vessels.
Commodore is signified in theory by five red bars over five blue with a cylinder on the right.

Vice Admiral
Just below that of the rank of Admiral, these men were the second in command to Admirals. They often had just as much authority and experience, but lost out due to favoritism or simple seniority in some cases.
In theory, Admiral was represented by six red bars over six blue with one cylinder on the right.

Admiral
The lowest of the high ranking officials. Admirals commanded entire fleets within the Imperial navy, and are equivalant to the army rank of general. Their fleets centered around 6 Destroyers and 400 other ships.
Notable Admirals include Piett, Ackbar, Thrawn, Pellaeon, and Orvell.
Admirals often served as second-in-commands to higher ranked officers, usually carrying their flag and commanding their command ships.
Admiral rank was six red bars over six blue with cylinders on both sides.

High Admiral
High Admiral was an even more powerful rank, able to command entire sector fleets. This was a strictly military rank, equivalant to that of Moff, and only present in Sectors with intense Rebel activity or hostile natives.
In theory, High Admiral shared the same rank as Moff.

Moff
The commanding political and military vigure over an entire sector in space. Moffs were common in most sectors, except those of intense Rebel activity. In these cases, a High Admiral was promoted to serve as the military head, while the Moff maintained political power.
Now, what's despicable about this is what I just mentioned: they're political figures. In fact, most Moffs are appointed by Palps or other Grand Moffs whether they actually know how to govern or not, much less lead a fleet. Crazy, really.
Moff's rank was in theory six blue bars over six red, although this is debated as their is actually no footage of official, canonical, Moff insignias.

Grand Moff
For the Imperial citizen, this was the highest possible politcal rank you could hope to achieve. Grand Moffs wre in charge of Oversectors, huge groupings of many sectors. They also served in Priority Sectors, such as the Maw Installation, Coruscant, Kuat, and the Death Star II where the places mentioned were in 'priority'.
Like Moff, Grand Moff is also an appointment. You could be promoted to it, technically, if you were the only Moff remaining in your Oversector and all other Moffs and the Grand Moff die, but otherwise Palps decides who gets what, regardless of qualification.
Notable Grand Moffs include Wilhuf Tarkin and Morlish Veed. The rank of Grand Moff eventually replaced Grand Admiral and Executor by 130 ABY.
Grand Moff insignia was six blue bars on the right of three red bars over three yellow bars, with two cylinders on each side.

Grand General
The absolute highest rank in the Army. The only known Grand General was the leader of the Stormtrooper Corps. He is considered to be, unchallenged, the best soldier in the entire Empire. Basically, he's a Null-class ARC Trooper in white armor.
In theory, they have the exact same rank as Grand Admiral.

Grand Admiral
The big cheeses of the Navy, and higher in authority than even Grand Moffs. Grand Admirals were considered the most powerful and experienced members in the entire Navy.
Palpatine originally appointed 12 Grand Admirals to serve in his Circle of Twelve. They are:
-Martio Batch
-Nial Declann
-Grant
-Josef Grunger
-Ishin-Il-Raz
-Afsheen Makati
-Mitth'raw'nuruodo (core name "Thrawn")
-Danetta Pitta
-Peccati Syn
-Miltin Takel
-Osvald Teshik
-Rufaan Tigellinus
-Demetrius Zaarin
-Gilad Pellaeon (following the formation of the Imperial Remnant)
You can't get higher than this without trying, mate. And trust me, you don't want to cross paths with these guys, especially if they have blue skin, red eyes, and enjoy visiting museums.
The rank was identified by white uniforms, and the insignia was six blue on the side of three yellow over three red with cylinders on the sides.

Executor
Le grand fromage. L'honcho superior. The Godfather. Mr. President. Etc. This is the undisputed leader of all military forces in the Empire. He answers only to Palps himself, and has the authority to abuse and punish anyone he sees fit, with impunity. They are unrivaled in skill and strategy.
There is no rank for Executor. It is simply a title.
The most notorius Executor was Darth Vader himself. Though in command of the entire Imperial Military, he himself headed Death Squadron, an entire Fleet made up of the best pilots, soldiers, storm troopers, and officers within the entire navy, minus the Grand Admirals.
Other possible Executors were Sedriss and Xecr Nist.

I don't think I need to discuss the Emperor. That pretty much makes you the "Queen b***h of the Universe" (Sarah Kerrigan, 250 cool .

So, now you know who to shoot, who to run from, and who to avoid all together. Do good in your duties and remember that your best bartering tool is usually some fringe element you have they they don't.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:38 am
Looks ok. Throw it in.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:42 pm
Now... hat to work on next...  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff