Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:39 pm
I've become something of fan of the BlasTech DT-12, out damages the DL-44 and that sort and it looks just plain nasty.

But there's a lot of weapons in star wars that are really nice, and unsurprisingly most of it seems to be of BlasTech manufacture.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:12 pm
DT-12 looks great.
Are there any weapons based off of the P08 Luger?  

Valkore Fraust

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:38 pm
Not sure, but all the Heavy Blaster Pistols seemed to be patterned off the Mauser Machine Pistol.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:40 pm
True. I've gotten better at handgun sketches, and I've done a lot of P08's. I wanna try and.. Star Wars-ify the P08. Maybe do it with the 8 inch barrel.  

Valkore Fraust

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:26 pm
Faust! What's your favorite melee weapon? In SW, that is.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:30 pm
Ordo biggrin

Favorite melee weapon...? Hmm.. If Mandalorian Crushgaunt's count, those. If not, lightsabers. The hilts can be really, really nice looking. Hell, they make great trophies on a Mandalorian smile  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:35 pm
Vibrocutlass for the win.

And of course, the almighty vibromop.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:03 am
rofl Vibromop..

Crushgaunts are win. I don't get it. How are they banned by the Mandalorians 250 years BBY, an'den reused in the Vong War? I read that the Death Watch brought them back, but I'm confused. Ish.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:18 am
The Mandies probably found them too brutal or something at the time. The Deathwatch were a bunch of murderous psycopaths, so its natural they brought it back, but Fett lifted the ban due to the gaunts being affective against the vong.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:20 am
That I get. But a 250 year time lapse? So like.. they were around, just not used? Or weapon/armor smith's knew how to make it, just didn't? confused  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:52 pm
The Mandalorians are a tough people to rule. They are spread out and highly individualistic.
Apparently the brutality of the Crushgaunt presented an unproffesional image of the Mandalorians and might have hurt their proffesional image. So the then Mandalore probably publicly forbid it, which amounted to little more than a suggestion to the Mando'ade. But he must have been well thought of because the visible majority stopped using them. Of course you will have your nutjobs who will go against the majority and kept the technique alive and so secretly it was practiced until the Mandalorian Civil War when the Deathwatch started using it publicly. Since the Deathwatch were a splinter group, they were not subject to Mandalore's decrees.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:35 pm
It not unreasonable for an average man to fear a Mando, even more a Mando with a crushgaunt.  

Jaden_Ordo

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:59 pm
Cale, I get why. lol But how. /shrug I dunno.

I'm still a Fandalorian, and I think if I had the choice between any weapon, be it looking professional or not, I'd take the crushgaunts. They're amazing. Could they stand against a LS?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:16 pm
They're made of Beskar, so theoretically yes if you catch the blade on your palm or the back of your hand.
You still might lose fingers though.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 pm
They did stand against a lightsaber without finger loss on two accounts I can think of.
1) Jagged Fel used them to parry Alema Rar's lightsaber attack right before her death and he was no worse for wear.
2) Jagged Fel used them to parry Jaina Solo's lightsaber strike in training before going after said Alema to make a point to Jaina.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff