Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 763 764 765 766 767 768 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LilKitty115

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:59 am
Manda_Tifa
I'm employee of the year at my job. 3nodding
Congratulations!!!! *hugs*

Sorry I've been so out of touch... I just found an internet connection today at a local cafe. The library was poopy, they wouldn't give me a card because of my temporary living down here scream I just moved to North Carolina with my mate so he can get trained for the National Park Service. Thankfully, it's only for three months... because there's not much to do down here! And it's the off season, so hardly anyone is hiring. Rawr. But aside from my lack of job, my poor mate is going through a torture session. They're going to exhaust him physically and mentally, taser, pepper spray him, unleash a police canine unit on him, and physically beat him up. I feel so bad for him, but they're preparing him for the workforce he'll be joining. I told him that whenever they abuse him, I'm ordering pizza for him and our neighbor, who's in the same training. It still scares me a little to see him practice drawing his class-issued "gun".  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:02 pm
So, I'm a liiiiiittle peeved.
Almost nine months of job searching have gotten me nothing.
My brother's been looking for a month-ish and he has an interview today.

Me = Two years older, more work experience, no problems with employers, high school graduate.
Him = Younger, only one previous job, was fired, didn't follow dress code (shaving), has been held back several years in High School and not yet graduated.

LOL, WHUT?
This happened last time we were looking for jobs at the same time too.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Shaviv

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:21 pm
Iron-_-Wolf
Shaviv
I had a friend from the Marines who was almost ventilated by his squadmates in a stupid and avoidable case of mistaken identity. I say "almost" not because they didn't shoot him, but because they didn't hit any arteries or vital organs. He has a nice collection of scars, though.

lol marines! Ah yeah keep your head down dude. God damn I love having marines on my fire team... they're amazing warriors but god damn I don't want them standing behind my platoon or making any decisions.

Marines aren't idiots, -- ah, correction. Marines aren't necessarily idiots.

I know only two marines, and if Davin is one, make that two-and-a-half. One of them (ex-marine, really), call him Adam, is an awesome guy, very smart, works as an EMT at least some of his time. The other one, call him Chuck, is a total a*****e with s**t for brains. Chuck, you don't want making decisions for you. Adam probably could, and if I read his medals right, he's a gifted marksman as well.

I didn't know Adam was a Marine until I went to the wedding of a mutual friend, and Adam turned up (as requested by the groom) in full dress uniform. His having been a Marine was just... not something he felt he needed to flaunt.

As another aside: I heard from Adam that it's surprising how easily available kosher MREs are, when you're in the field. You just let it be known that you want some, he said, and unless you're really out in the back end of nowhere, or deep underwater, they reach you. The American logistics network is really amazing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:12 pm
Fog is tired. And when Fog is tired, Fog refers to himself in the third person.

*some school teacher snipes him out from atop a building*

....anyway. College is more fun than I took it for. Even though I slept poorly (kept waking up every two or three hours for some reason) I managed to stay awake through all of my classes. Must remember to read the first chapter of each of my textbooks and to write a small essay about the girl I interviewed in Speech.

I also went shopping with my aunt (AGAIN) and she bought me all the cleaning supplies I needed. Then I went to war on the bathroom. It probably took me about an hour to clean all of it, small though it is. I didn't bother cleaning my roommate's sink, because that's HIS territory, but the rest of the place got a good scrubbing. I was finally able to shower, and then realized the damn shower head is probably old and in need of repair, judging by the tiny amounts of water it was putting out. I showered anyway and was happy with the job I did. Ohhh....after not being able to shower and feeling all grimy for a day and a half, it felt good, let me tell you.

Luke has a girlfriend. She's nice and was actually cleaning his bathroom when I first saw her. She allowed me to use the sponge-mop for the bathroom I'm using and I'm very grateful to her for it. I must repay them somehow. I left out some candy earlier, but I don't know if Luke noticed. Oh well.

I should stop writing about my college stuff here and move it to my journal, but I'm lazy. sad  

FogSage

Crenn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:01 pm
Sometimes I wonder.... it's been over 2 weeks since I handed in my resume, and I've never heard back from the person, and when I called on Monday, I was told they'd call me the next day or the day after, except they never called. I'm waiting until tomorrow (Friday for me) to call them again..... although I'm not sure if it's a good course of action (because I called them on Monday).

In other news, my sister is half panicing because someone in my area got bitten by a snake, so I was told to go fix the line-trimmer (The engine flooded) and I got it working.... for 3 seconds before it died and then refused to start again. I'm going to have to tweak the damn thing by the looks of it. But my sisters are going to be on my back until it's working... but due to the hot weather, it's not easy to do work.

Fog, you can post your stuff here. It's interesting to read it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:12 pm
LilKitty115
Manda_Tifa
I'm employee of the year at my job. 3nodding
Congratulations!!!! *hugs*

Sorry I've been so out of touch... I just found an internet connection today at a local cafe. The library was poopy, they wouldn't give me a card because of my temporary living down here scream I just moved to North Carolina with my mate so he can get trained for the National Park Service. Thankfully, it's only for three months... because there's not much to do down here! And it's the off season, so hardly anyone is hiring. Rawr. But aside from my lack of job, my poor mate is going through a torture session. They're going to exhaust him physically and mentally, taser, pepper spray him, unleash a police canine unit on him, and physically beat him up. I feel so bad for him, but they're preparing him for the workforce he'll be joining. I told him that whenever they abuse him, I'm ordering pizza for him and our neighbor, who's in the same training. It still scares me a little to see him practice drawing his class-issued "gun".
Call me!!! crying crying crying  

Manda_Tifa

Angelic Muse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:12 pm
Just felt like going on a positive rant about how life rocks right now. smile

So for the past month of winter break, life has been pretty good. Minus the normal family fights and all that jazz. My new boyfriend who I have been dating for almost a month now, met my parents last Saturday and they seemed to like him. Same with most of my home friends. biggrin Even though our relationship started out a bit differently and ackwardly then I would have liked, I am enjoying the time I spend with him. I can't wait to go back to school so I can see him on a more reguar basis!

The only thing that is worrying me right now is money. With so many new bills, it really is taking a toll on me. And I don't want to have to ask my parents for help. But I know books are going to be expensive and so far I am only banking on have $250 for them. sweatdrop I have been working my a** off at Target but DQ couldn't give me any hours the last two weeks because business is that slow.

So yea. I need moo-lah. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:56 am
So many things in the bathroom need replacing/cleaning! I now realize that I want a new liner for the shower and a rug to step on when you get out of it. It's a horrible feeling, being all warm from the shower and then your feet hit freezing cold tile.....*shivers* I called my dad last night and, with his useful connection to the plumbing supply business he works in, asked him to get me a new head for the shower. It should be arriving this weekend, and my aunt will probably make fun of me, saying I'm spending too much money on the bathroom and not saving enough. I don't care. I'd rather spend money and be comfortable and CLEAN than not and be dirty and miserable. I think I'm developing germaphobic tendencies, which might become a pricey problem.

Also, I had my doubts about whether or not my roommate in room A was here, but apparently he is here, as there's a new towel and a pair of jeans laying atop his laundry sack. I should hope he's grateful that I cleaned the bathroom, because that shower and toilet were two steps away from me calling the haz-mat squad on em.

Anyway. I'm off to breakfast. I have Intro to Mass Comm at 11, and then another class at 12:30, and I'm done for the day. I hope they're not terribly boring. I also hope I have at least 1 female professor this semester, because all the classes I've attended so far have been taught by men.

EDIT @ 4:05 PM: Finally! I met Raymond, the guy who stays in room A. He seems very quiet, but he was nice enough. He thanked me for cleaning up the bathroom, which made me feel a lot better.

I also went out to Walmart, though by myself this time. I needed hand soap, another rug, some medicines, and a wastebasket for the bathroom. I also bought a new liner, as the old one was moldy and in need of replacing. However, due to the ineptness of the people putting the curtain bar too low, the curtain bottom drags along the bottom of the shower, inviting in the chance to trip you up and kill you entirely. I took a pair of scissors to the bottom of the new one and it looks much better, not to mention being a hell of a lot safer.

I know I'm a liberal now: I've put so much into cleaning and sprucing up the damn bathroom, all the while telling myself "It's for the betterment of us all." xD

Oh, and I got my wish, though I don't know if it's a blessing or a curse: I have one female professor, and she's leading the class I dread the most; Media Writing. I don't dread the writing part so much as the interviewing process that will inevitably go on later in the class. I'm terrible at talking to people, but writing is fine. How ironic.

I have a speech to write out, some chapters to read, and dinner to go to. Gah, so busy, so busy! But a nice sort of busy. I'm never bored around here, which is a blessing. smile  

FogSage

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:41 pm
Had interview number two today for potential new job. Now I get to sit and wait for a call-back to see if they want me for a third interview.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:47 pm
Diana Vulpes
Had interview number two today for potential new job. Now I get to sit and wait for a call-back to see if they want me for a third interview.

Good luck. I'm having my second interview tomorrow at Panera Bread. Should go well, I hope  

Af Mas

Crenn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:44 pm
I rang up, the person meant to be interviewing me..... isn't at work today! GAH! They said they'd call me back (every time they say that.... they never do).  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:39 pm
Oh, my brother didn't get the job. Turns out that even though the place was calling people in for interviews, they're not actually hiring right now. I guess they just feel like wasting everyone's time. stare  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:04 am
shoki_de_nai
Oh, my brother didn't get the job. Turns out that even though the place was calling people in for interviews, they're not actually hiring right now. I guess they just feel like wasting everyone's time. stare

That's ******** stupid. I mean, I'm not even hunting for a job and that pisses me off. A little hint for those hiring: do not jerk your potential candidates around. You might have the power to hire and fire em, but without them, you can't run the store. Besides that, I can think of nothing more immature and cruel to do than to say "We're hiring" and then slamming the doors in everyone's face and laughing at them. You'd have to be a real sadistic son of a b***h to do that.

Shoki, if you apply again, tell your interviewer/boss/whatever that if he's not serious about hiring someone then you're not going to be interviewed until he's for real about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:17 am
Copy paste from FA:
My cat's leg has been steadily getting worse since that day I found her. The day after, a spot of skin appeared, after that, the skin had vanished and the flesh beneath was showing, and today, I found her with a chunk of flesh missing from her upper leg, and the flesh from the original spot was almost to the bone. I took her to the vet, he said it looked like it started out as an absess in the skin, and the flesh and skin above the absess just rotted away. They're keeping her overnight, putting her to sleep, and then going to shave the area around it (she's a long hair domestic), clean it, and see if they can stitch it up. They told me to go back tomorrow morning to visit her because they close by noon on Saturdays. She's never had to be anywhere overnight, and she's so skittish. I'm just worried sick about her and I don't know if what they do will help.

Additional note: I did not have any access to a ride to the vet until today, so don't jump down my throat. I also did not find her leg that way originally. Her leg BARELY became that way through last night. Her leg originally looked healthy and fine, just a little swollen.  

Leyla Giselle

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:14 am
Oh how my legs hurt! I thought after three days of walking around on campus they'd toughen up, but they apparently disagree.

Well, not much to report. I've taken more notes than I thought I would, particularly in my second class, Geography, and I decided to come back here and take a break before heading off to Speech.

Speaking of, the first time I was in Speech I was a bit bitchy because my butt had fallen asleep and when the professor divided us into pairs and started asking us about things we should ask our partner, I felt like being an a*****e and said "Religious preference?", and bless him, the poor instructor wrote it up on the board. I'm sure I painted a big red target on myself when that happened. The girl next to me immediately said "That's too personal." and I said "It's only personal if you MAKE it personal.", which earned me a disgusted look. I didn't stress that they HAD to answer it, in fact, when I partnered with the girl sitting behind me, I told her that it wasn't necessary, that I was just being inflammatory. She seemed to understand.

I suppose I'll have to apologize to the one I pissed off. She acted like me saying that was on par with me supporting terrorism or something like that. I'll admit I said it out of spite, but still, I wasn't expecting such drama.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 763 764 765 766 767 768 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games