Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 764 765 766 767 768 769 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 pm
Had interview number three today, all seems to be going well. At this point I just get to sit and wait for the HR department to give me a call to give me an offer, if I got the job, and that should be Monday.

If I get the job I shall be starting on the first of February.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:32 pm
So, our neighbors are assholes. The son threatens to shoot our dog if he doesn't stop barking, so my mom goes over to tell them not to threaten our dog. The mother's response?
"You're ******** crazy, no wonder you lost your job."
Because evidently, someone my mom worked with can't keep their mouth shut and told her friends, our neighbors. Fine, next time their stupid little corgi is outside at five in the morning barking for no goddamn reason like it does every morning, we should threaten to shoot it.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

FogSage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:15 pm
shoki_de_nai
So, our neighbors are assholes. The son threatens to shoot our dog if he doesn't stop barking, so my mom goes over to tell them not to threaten our dog. The mother's response?
"You're ******** crazy, no wonder you lost your job."
Because evidently, someone my mom worked with can't keep their mouth shut and told her friends, our neighbors. Fine, next time their stupid little corgi is outside at five in the morning barking for no goddamn reason like it does every morning, we should threaten to shoot it.

Then you have one of two options:
Kick the son's a** and make him your b***h.
Try to make the dog quiet down.

Perhaps there's such a thing as restraining orders for animals....anyway, if he DOES shoot your dog, you should run their's over with your car. Several times.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:53 pm
I have concluded that I'm insane. I decide exactly 4 days ago that I wanted to go back to school. This semester. Of course, this was the LAST week for registration, and it was all open reg. So I've been scrambling over the past couple of days to get everything together. I'm registered for classes, today was THE LAST DAY to submit my FAFSA, which I did (today). I have an appointment on Monday at a**-crack-o'-dawn (actually it's only @ 9am, but that's still early for me) to tie all the loose ends together.

And then they registered me as a non-resident student, which made me bill twice what it should be...Got that fixed, though...thank goodness.

I'm going to keep my 40hrs/week, and I'm taking 10 credits this semester. I may or may not survive. Wish me luck, kids.  

Manda_Tifa

Crenn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:38 pm
About a week ago, I had trouble getting our line trimmer working. Well, today I finally got it working. As far as I can tell, this is what happened. Because we've had such hot weather (getting 80-90f and beyond) the engine wouldn't start the normal way. There are 2 settings for starting the motor. Warm and cold starts. I've done it by the instruction manual and done cold starts which have resulted in the engine roaring to life once before dieing a few seconds later and then refusing to start at all. I fiddled with the carburator without much luck before I checked the air filter (which sets the starter to warm automatically) decided it was fine. Fiddled with the carburator a little more and got it half started up, I tweaked the carburator and then made the discovery to why it was starting. Sure enough, after I set it to cold start, it wouldn't work! So after finishing tweaking the carburator a bit more (it was idling a little fast), I made sure it worked so I can start tomorrow. But it's a little shocking that during summer.... I don't have to do a cold start, but a warm one!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:53 pm
FogSage
shoki_de_nai
Oh, my brother didn't get the job. Turns out that even though the place was calling people in for interviews, they're not actually hiring right now. I guess they just feel like wasting everyone's time. stare

That's ******** stupid. I mean, I'm not even hunting for a job and that pisses me off. A little hint for those hiring: do not jerk your potential candidates around. You might have the power to hire and fire em, but without them, you can't run the store. Besides that, I can think of nothing more immature and cruel to do than to say "We're hiring" and then slamming the doors in everyone's face and laughing at them. You'd have to be a real sadistic son of a b***h to do that.

Shoki, if you apply again, tell your interviewer/boss/whatever that if he's not serious about hiring someone then you're not going to be interviewed until he's for real about it.

The reason some employers do that, is because then they can interview without the worry of having to fill a position. Through interviewing people when not accepting at the moment, is for keeping someone who looks good on file, so that if someone quits or is fired, you have that file handy to go back to and hey, if that person took another job, who cares, you got tons of other great people you interviewed earlier too. I did that once, we knew someone was going to quit in a few months, so I interviewed people then but weren't hiring. That's how we got our awesome current employee.  

Rainey_angel81

FogSage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:29 am
Rainey_angel81
FogSage
shoki_de_nai
Oh, my brother didn't get the job. Turns out that even though the place was calling people in for interviews, they're not actually hiring right now. I guess they just feel like wasting everyone's time. stare

That's ******** stupid. I mean, I'm not even hunting for a job and that pisses me off. A little hint for those hiring: do not jerk your potential candidates around. You might have the power to hire and fire em, but without them, you can't run the store. Besides that, I can think of nothing more immature and cruel to do than to say "We're hiring" and then slamming the doors in everyone's face and laughing at them. You'd have to be a real sadistic son of a b***h to do that.

Shoki, if you apply again, tell your interviewer/boss/whatever that if he's not serious about hiring someone then you're not going to be interviewed until he's for real about it.

The reason some employers do that, is because then they can interview without the worry of having to fill a position. Through interviewing people when not accepting at the moment, is for keeping someone who looks good on file, so that if someone quits or is fired, you have that file handy to go back to and hey, if that person took another job, who cares, you got tons of other great people you interviewed earlier too. I did that once, we knew someone was going to quit in a few months, so I interviewed people then but weren't hiring. That's how we got our awesome current employee.

You shouldn't interview people unless you need a position to be filled, and I mean immediately, not months from now. If you interview people without having a position open, it kind of defeats the purpose of going to the interview in the first place; which is to try and get hired as quickly as possible.

Even in your scenario, you could've just as easily waited until the person left and then had the interviews. It makes a lot more sense that way. Also, people tend not to get pissed off at you when you tell them there's a good chance you'll be hired in the near future. When you say "Oh, we're not hiring.", you're telling them that they got their hopes up for nothing and that they've wasted their time, all to please you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:53 am
FogSage
Rainey_angel81
FogSage
shoki_de_nai

You shouldn't interview people unless you need a position to be filled, and I mean immediately, not months from now. If you interview people without having a position open, it kind of defeats the purpose of going to the interview in the first place; which is to try and get hired as quickly as possible.

Even in your scenario, you could've just as easily waited until the person left and then had the interviews. It makes a lot more sense that way. Also, people tend not to get pissed off at you when you tell them there's a good chance you'll be hired in the near future. When you say "Oh, we're not hiring.", you're telling them that they got their hopes up for nothing and that they've wasted their time, all to please you.

We tell people right up front that we are not hiring but we give a time frame of when the position will be open. it is their option to send in their resume or ask for an application at that point. We don't put signs up that say "We're Hiring" and then interview people only to tell them we do not have a position open -right now-.
And the reason we don't wait until someone has already left, is because there will be a gap in work load. By overlapping, we get someone started about 3 days before the other person leaves so that there is no gap. Our interview process takes at least 2 weeks. Ask for application, mail it in, time to get it screened, phone interview, in person interview and working interview.
Besides, I have a much harder time finding people who are willing to start right away for a job rather than people who need or are willing to wait a month or so for a position to open up.  

Rainey_angel81

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:09 am
The vet said they thought my cat was going to die last night. Apparently something had bitten her and it had been building up under her skin until it burst, but I didn't know she was hurt until she was screaming in pain when I tried picking her up, and that was barely last Saturday. The assistant said that the wound keeps pussing and oozing and they're gonna keep her over the weekend. They said she's doing better than she was last night. I just hope she gets better soon. ;-;  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:51 am
Rainey_angel81
FogSage
Rainey_angel81
FogSage
shoki_de_nai

We tell people right up front that we are not hiring but we give a time frame of when the position will be open. it is their option to send in their resume or ask for an application at that point. We don't put signs up that say "We're Hiring" and then interview people only to tell them we do not have a position open -right now-.
And the reason we don't wait until someone has already left, is because there will be a gap in work load. By overlapping, we get someone started about 3 days before the other person leaves so that there is no gap. Our interview process takes at least 2 weeks. Ask for application, mail it in, time to get it screened, phone interview, in person interview and working interview.
Besides, I have a much harder time finding people who are willing to start right away for a job rather than people who need or are willing to wait a month or so for a position to open up.

But you work with canines, correct? Forgive me for saying this, but that's a specialized job with some requirements attached to it. Not everyone can work with animals, even when the job is supposedly "easy". I'm talking about stuff like retail or restaurant services, which I assume was what Shoki's brother was attempting to get into.  

FogSage

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:06 am
I. Have. A. Tablet. eek heart

We had my birthday celebration early because my brother was going back to school today, and one of my presents was a 9x12 Intuos3. O.M.F.G. whee 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:07 pm
FogSage
Rainey_angel81
FogSage
Rainey_angel81
FogSage
shoki_de_nai

But you work with canines, correct? Forgive me for saying this, but that's a specialized job with some requirements attached to it. Not everyone can work with animals, even when the job is supposedly "easy". I'm talking about stuff like retail or restaurant services, which I assume was what Shoki's brother was attempting to get into.

Kennel assistants don't need many requirements as far as I know.  

Crenn

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:20 pm
I realize that when I'm thinking of the ideal life partner, I'm thinking of a woman who's like me, only better. Is that unrealistic? Is it silly? I think it's a bit silly.

But I know that I would settle for someone kind and clever who shares some of my values. If I should happen to connect with someone who fits those criteria who's also singularly beautiful, so be it; but you know what? I don't really need that. To paraphrase the author of Proverbs, "Favor is false and beauty is futile; but a righteous woman is praiseworthy." I wouldn't go so far as to say false and futile, but physical beauty so often goes downhill with age, while personal goodness often increases with experience.

Lemme tell you, though. It's crazy that I felt fine about putting my info on Pounced!, but I tremble at the thought of posting a profile on JDate.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:35 pm
Shaviv
I realize that when I'm thinking of the ideal life partner, I'm thinking of a woman who's like me, only better. Is that unrealistic? Is it silly? I think it's a bit silly.

But I know that I would settle for someone kind and clever who shares some of my values. If I should happen to connect with someone who fits those criteria who's also singularly beautiful, so be it; but you know what? I don't really need that. To paraphrase the author of Proverbs, "Favor is false and beauty is futile; but a righteous woman is praiseworthy." I wouldn't go so far as to say false and futile, but physical beauty so often goes downhill with age, while personal goodness often increases with experience.

Lemme tell you, though. It's crazy that I felt fine about putting my info on Pounced!, but I tremble at the thought of posting a profile on JDate.

It is best to find someone you are compatible with, but if you fall in love it will be with their personality, not their looks.

Selene Aries

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:13 pm
Crenn
FogSage

Kennel assistants don't need many requirements as far as I know.

You should have a liking for dogs, not be afraid to be around aggressive or fearful dogs, be ok about picking up a mountain load of poop and have a little bit of commen sense.
And for our purposes, you need to be ale to follow detailed instructions and be ok about handling a dog in a variety of training collars.

True, some people can;'t do that, but A LOT of people can.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 764 765 766 767 768 769 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games