Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:42 pm
So true, Diana.

Still puzzled about my relatively enthusiastic use of Pounced! vs angst over JDate; possibly because I never really expected to meet anyone through Pounced!.

Rainey - any remarks on allergies to dogs?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:44 pm
shoki_de_nai
So, our neighbors are assholes. The son threatens to shoot our dog if he doesn't stop barking, so my mom goes over to tell them not to threaten our dog. The mother's response?
"You're ******** crazy, no wonder you lost your job."
Because evidently, someone my mom worked with can't keep their mouth shut and told her friends, our neighbors. Fine, next time their stupid little corgi is outside at five in the morning barking for no goddamn reason like it does every morning, we should threaten to shoot it.

Paintball gun + pepperballs = ???

Infinitely less likely to actually injure the dog than lead or a Taser.  

Shaviv

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:43 pm
Shaviv
So true, Diana.

Still puzzled about my relatively enthusiastic use of Pounced! vs angst over JDate; possibly because I never really expected to meet anyone through Pounced!.

You have to be more outgoing on Pounced to be noticed, is what I have observed.

What do you want to know?
No dog is truly a hypo-allergenic dog. Allergies for pet dander tend to rely on the type of dog and condition of the coat. Dogs with drier skin tend to cause moe allergies in people. Whereas dogs with oilier skin tend to have little to no effect on people.
Black dogs naturally have drier skin and create more dandruff, so people are more likely to be allergic to black dogs.
Poodles and dogs of their like fur do, actually shed. But instead falling straight out, their fur gets twisted around the fur around it, creating those little twists or mats in the fur. Because of this, the dog has a much oilier skin and doesn't give off any dander. It is possible, for someone to be allergic to a poodle. There was a poodle who had really bad fur condition, this was caused by over bathing the dog which resultd in dry skin and producing more pet dander.
For the dogs who have dry skin, the best thing to do is feed the dog Fish Oil Capsules. A 10-20lbs dog gets 1 capsule, 20-50 gets 2 capsules, 50-100lbs gets 3-4 capsules and 100lbs+ gets 4-6 capsules a day.
It contains omega 3 fatty acids and omega 6 fatty acids. It is good for the dog's heart and gives their coat a nice sheen to it.

Is that what you wanted to know or something else entirely? ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:46 am
Rainey_angel81

No dog is truly a hypo-allergenic dog. Allergies for pet dander tend to rely on the type of dog and condition of the coat. Dogs with drier skin tend to cause moe allergies in people. Whereas dogs with oilier skin tend to have little to no effect on people.
Black dogs naturally have drier skin and create more dandruff, so people are more likely to be allergic to black dogs.
Poodles and dogs of their like fur do, actually shed. But instead falling straight out, their fur gets twisted around the fur around it, creating those little twists or mats in the fur. Because of this, the dog has a much oilier skin and doesn't give off any dander. It is possible, for someone to be allergic to a poodle. There was a poodle who had really bad fur condition, this was caused by over bathing the dog which resultd in dry skin and producing more pet dander.
For the dogs who have dry skin, the best thing to do is feed the dog Fish Oil Capsules. A 10-20lbs dog gets 1 capsule, 20-50 gets 2 capsules, 50-100lbs gets 3-4 capsules and 100lbs+ gets 4-6 capsules a day.
It contains omega 3 fatty acids and omega 6 fatty acids. It is good for the dog's heart and gives their coat a nice sheen to it.

Rainy would the I capsule a day still be good for a 9 pound dog? I was planning on starting hime on some Fish Oils but still hadn't settled on the amount I should give. @__@  

Krissim Klaw

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:52 am
Shaviv
shoki_de_nai
So, our neighbors are assholes. The son threatens to shoot our dog if he doesn't stop barking, so my mom goes over to tell them not to threaten our dog. The mother's response?
"You're ******** crazy, no wonder you lost your job."
Because evidently, someone my mom worked with can't keep their mouth shut and told her friends, our neighbors. Fine, next time their stupid little corgi is outside at five in the morning barking for no goddamn reason like it does every morning, we should threaten to shoot it.

Paintball gun + pepperballs = ???

Infinitely less likely to actually injure the dog than lead or a Taser.
Wait is that to hit their neighbor's dog or their son? rofl

Shoki- I can understand your concern. Voilence against outside dogs does occur. Personally if I got that kind of response I would report the threat just in case they do something to your dog down the road. Is there anyway you can make sure someone is out supervising him when he is outside for the time being?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:40 pm
Krissim Klaw

Shoki- I can understand your concern. Voilence against outside dogs does occur. Personally if I got that kind of response I would report the threat just in case they do something to your dog down the road. Is there anyway you can make sure someone is out supervising him when he is outside for the time being?

We thought about reporting it, but figured it wouldn't help. It's just got us all pissed off that not only did they threaten our dog for well...being a dog, but they flat out denied it and resorted to a personal attack on my mother. He wasn't even barking that much, and he doesn't do it all the time or anything. They're all so full of crap, they've told the cops that our dog is a threat to their precious pure-bred corgi even though the two dogs get along. Yet they'll use their giant riding lawnmower when the dog is in the yard with it.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:02 pm
Krissim Klaw
Rainey_angel81

Rainy would the I capsule a day still be good for a 9 pound dog? I was planning on starting hime on some Fish Oils but still hadn't settled on the amount I should give. @__@

Yes. Just don't get the triple strength capsules. Costco sells a big bottle of 400 for about 5 bucks. We go through it fairly quickly because each of our dogs (4 of them) gets 3-4 a day  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:47 pm
Gah, add another point of a**-hattery for our neighbors.
Older son was playing with a giant remote control car, close to our yard, and our dog was like "wtf is that?" and was barking at it and stuff through the fence. So, the guy drives it closer to our fence. The whole time he's got the corgi out roaming the front yard, without a leash.
So I brought our dog inside, then went to the front and yelled at him about playing so close to our fence and to get his dog on a leash or behind a fence. I was so pissed. He picked up the dog and the car and went inside. He'd better have learned not to ******** with me or my dog.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:30 pm
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/280056/
For anyone who cares  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:56 pm
Leyla Giselle
http://www.furaffinity.net/journal/280056/
For anyone who cares
Sounds like your doing the best you can for her. The way it is acting, it does sound a lot like a recluse spider bite. In a lot of ways they are far worse than a Black Widow because the poison lingers and tears/eats away the surrounding tissue as it travels up. People can have horrible festering wounds that keep coming back, so being she is a young cat the amputating of the limb sounds like it would be the best choice if it doesn't start healing within the next few days.  

Krissim Klaw

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:25 pm
Been an interesting afternoon.

On my way to my chiropractor appointment I got a call from the HR department of the company I applied for and they offered me a job and gave a number for me to call to set up a fingerprinting appointment. As I get to my chiropractor my new boss calls to let me know of dress code they have at the office, but she calls when am in the middle of my appointment so I have to call her back as I get out.

Back on the bus I go and stop of for lunch and decide to call and set up for my fingerprinting, but the number I was given as do the wrong department so I have to call the HR person back to find out what is going on and of course they are out. Before I head back home I went to my current place of employment and talked to my boss there to let him know I got offered another job. As I figured he was none too happy and tried to offer a raise to get me to stay, but I flat out told him I was not there to negotiate but to simply let him know I was putting in my two weeks notices. While not happy he still remained polite, wished me luck with my new job and only requested I turn in a formal resignation letter.

Back home I see I have a voice mail, it it the HR department again. They let me know an email was sent that had all the information I need to get my finger printing and for my orientation. Just recently called, shall get finger printed tomorrow. My new job starts on February 1st and orientation is on the 4th.

I cannot wait to finally have a day job and be away from fast food.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:11 pm
congratulations dear~ I imagine that must have been a very tense chiropracter session mad *licklick* very very glad to hear everything is going trough just fine :3 *kisskiss*  

Shiro Netsune

Shaviv

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:28 pm
Rainey_angel81
Shaviv
So true, Diana.

I meant more as in, will a shelter or kennel reject applications from someone (like me) who is significantly allergic, but not dangerously allergic, to dogs. ^^;  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:59 pm
3 weeks ago I applied for a job. They gave me a small interview to test my knowledge about computers. Today they called me and asked me to come in that day. When I arrived I was given a short 5-10 minute interview asking me what should I do with customers (the normal thing about what would you do when you get an angry customer) and then was told they would be closing off applications soon and make a decision. I'm a little worried if I've said everything right during that interview. I really want this job.

I'll let you guys know what happens.  

Crenn

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:54 pm
Well, I've made it. I'm now in Afgahnistan. It's cold right now, and the air is thin (I'm a little higher than Denver, just over a mile up). But yeah, I've made it in one peice, though, so that's a good thing, I suppose.

What sucks is my schedual...12 hour days Monday to Saturday, and then 10 hours on Sundays. No breaks, no time off...It's gonna run me ragged and wear me out >_<  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 765 766 767 768 769 770 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games