Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:57 pm
Davin_Nightwind
Well, I've made it. I'm now in Afgahnistan. It's cold right now, and the air is thin (I'm a little higher than Denver, just over a mile up). But yeah, I've made it in one peice, though, so that's a good thing, I suppose.

What sucks is my schedual...12 hour days Monday to Saturday, and then 10 hours on Sundays. No breaks, no time off...It's gonna run me ragged and wear me out >_<

That's the military for ya, just hope you make it back in one piece.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:09 pm
Shaviv

I meant more as in, will a shelter or kennel reject applications from someone (like me) who is significantly allergic, but not dangerously allergic, to dogs. ^^;

Ah. No. As long as the person knows the effect that the dander can have on their allergies and take the proper medication to alleviate it, they can be hired.
Usually those who have such allergies know what they are getting into before the apply, so I would hope they did take allergy medication  

Rainey_angel81

Shaviv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:18 am
Leyla, hug your cat for me :3

Rainey, thanks. I'm not planning to take employment with dogs, but allergies to rodents is a big issue because one of the career routes open to me involves a lot of wet-lab work, and it's not uncommon for lab techs and researchers to develop allergies to the animals they work with or, if they're already allergic, to develop life-threatening anaphylactic reactions to them. Hence, if I work with any kind of mammal or bird in a laboratory, OSHA regulations require me to always wear a lab coat, always wear gloves, always wear a dust mask, and never ever eat lunch at my desk (should I follow that kind of career).

/endbitching

Davin, just don't forget to duck! TTFN, but come back in one piece plz.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:16 am
I saw her yesterday, she was so happy to see me, purring and rubbing against my hand and walking around in circles. She has to stay a few more days till the pus stops draining, but they said it looks like it is getting better. I told them if it gets worse, just amputate it, but she said it shouldn't. I took her favorite food to eat (she wouldn't eat anything they tried giving her). Seeing how happy she was to see me just made me wanna cry, and hearing her screaming and cryin when I was leaving broke my heart, but I know it's for her own good. They said after she comes home, that the skin and flesh won't fully recover for another two to three weeks. I'll be taking progress pictures of her leg as it heals.

Edit: Forgot to mention, my b/f's mom was with me and she said the veterinary technician was all shocked at how attached Poof is to me, she's never seen a cat act so clingy before.  

Leyla Giselle

LilKitty115

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:34 am
Aww Leyla, I hope she heals soon!! What's her vet's address? She needs flowers... or a catnip blanket...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:53 pm
Well...mom's in tears 'cause we're applying for food stamps and we're getting close to losing the house. I've got enough in my savings account to make a single house payment for the month, but not enough for the rest of the bills and utilities. *sigh*

Edit: Stubborn old lady. She won't take my money. She'd rather dip into her retirement money than my savings. I know I need it for college, but I'm going to be swimming in debt anyway, a few hundred to a thousand dollars won't make much difference.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:23 pm
I'm having a crisis.

Or at least what is a crisis for me. I want to date, or at least to find a gay guy or girl to hang out with. Now, here's my predicament.

I don't want to join a GSA on campus because if there's one thing I would hate to do is to have to declare my sexuality to complete strangers. They would remain strangers to me, just because I never really connect with anyone. I'm terribly shy, even though I appear intelligent and outgoing. I have a hard time talking to other guys, because they're straight (or being very good actors at it) and I feel somewhat threatened by them. I feel inadequate to other guys; physically, mentally, emotionally, socially.

Why can't I have a fairytale romance where my bookbag rips and some hot guy helps me pick them up, thus spawning a series of lunches and dinners and finally a kiss and all that follows? I know it's a lot to ask for, but it seems that asking me to get over my shyness is like telling a mountain to move itself.

Gah, this is all so ******** confusing. It doesn't help that I live in a red state, and that I'm incredibly picky about what I want in a man. Beggars can't be choosers, but I cannot be with a man who lisps, wears gaudy jewelry, and is excessively feminine. I want a man who acts like a man and not a woman. Being gay does not mean you want to be a woman.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:41 pm
FogSage
but I cannot be with a man who lisps, wears gaudy jewelry, and is excessively feminine. I want a man who acts like a man and not a woman. Being gay does not mean you want to be a woman.
I don't lisp, wear gaudy jewelry, and act excessively feminine.... so does that mean I'm a guy? @____@

I don't think you should associate those sort of actions as trying to be female. Not everyone falls into the stereotypical Barbie and G.I. Joe genders.  

Krissim Klaw

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:55 pm
Most gay/bi men I meet do not act overly feminine. Please keep in mind that the flamers are the minority, they just get the most attention.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:17 pm
FogSage
I'm having a crisis.

Or at least what is a crisis for me. I want to date, or at least to find a gay guy or girl to hang out with. Now, here's my predicament.

I don't want to join a GSA on campus because if there's one thing I would hate to do is to have to declare my sexuality to complete strangers. They would remain strangers to me, just because I never really connect with anyone. I'm terribly shy, even though I appear intelligent and outgoing. I have a hard time talking to other guys, because they're straight (or being very good actors at it) and I feel somewhat threatened by them. I feel inadequate to other guys; physically, mentally, emotionally, socially.

Why can't I have a fairytale romance where my bookbag rips and some hot guy helps me pick them up, thus spawning a series of lunches and dinners and finally a kiss and all that follows? I know it's a lot to ask for, but it seems that asking me to get over my shyness is like telling a mountain to move itself.

Gah, this is all so ******** confusing. It doesn't help that I live in a red state, and that I'm incredibly picky about what I want in a man. Beggars can't be choosers, but I cannot be with a man who lisps, wears gaudy jewelry, and is excessively feminine. I want a man who acts like a man and not a woman. Being gay does not mean you want to be a woman.

First of all Fog, in the GSA you do not have to say what your sexuality is. They want you to be comfortable there, and while you're very free to express your sexuality, you're also not required to. Furthermore, as already stated, 'flaming gays' are quite the minority...I'd assume even moreso given your location. So, the odds of finding a gay man who is still very manly is actually pretty good, provided you can find a gay man at all. Perhaps joining the GSA would be good for enlightening you and finding people who are at least tolerant of homosexuality, even if they're not one themselves.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:32 pm
Fog is barely tolerant of homosexuals himself and he is one.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:40 pm
Diana Vulpes
Fog is barely tolerant of homosexuals himself and he is one.

Which is why the GSA may do him some good. I just didn't want to be quite as...blunt about it. It'll probably be a fairly little group, but at least it'll be a group of people trying to promote tolerance for all. I've always met very nice people through the GSA. 3nodding  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Af Mas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:56 pm
I didn't like the GSA on my campus. Lots of drama, and they didn't do a very good job. A lot of what they were doing was really pretty offensive.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:01 pm
That's too bad. confused I really liked the ones at my High School in WI and IA (small though it was).

Also, word of advice to everyone:
If you know you're intolerant to something, don't eat it! No matter how lazy you are about making food, or how few other things there are to eat, or how you think only a little bit can't hurt.

Uuuughhhh....Never....again. gonk  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:09 pm
shoki_de_nai

Also, word of advice to everyone:
If you know you're intolerant to something, don't eat it! No matter how lazy you are about making food, or how few other things there are to eat, or how you think only a little bit can't hurt.

Uuuughhhh....Never....again. gonk
Lawls, for some reason I am now picturing you trying to eat some poor gay boy since we were one minute chatting about intolerance to homosexuals and then you suddenly switched thoughts to talking about eating some unnamed food your intolerant too. xd  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 766 767 768 769 770 771 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games