Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:56 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Cara MiaKitty
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable in The Great Hallspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // The Sorting Hatspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Nervousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'This is... it. This is the moment.' spacespac

Sometimes I get so weird
I even freak myself out...

════════════════════════════════════════════════

Gypsy's eyes flashed when her name was called. This was the moment. This was what she'd been waiting for. Today's long train ride, the early wake up, everything was totally worth it, because she was about to sit down on that famous stool, and hear what was possibly the most important voice in all. Her. Life.

She was about to be sorted.

The nerves were driving her nuts as she walked up to the stool, thankful that no one here knew her well enough to recognize the all-too obvious tell of her bright orange hair, showcasing how utterly anxious she was right now. She sat down, her eyes wide as the hat was placed on her head.

'Gryffindor. Let it be Gryffindor. Leah's totally going to be a Gryffindor, and Toby's a Gryffindor, and I will be, too. Where else am I going to find people who're willing to do all the crazy stuff I want to do while I'm here? ... I didn't just think that. Nope. Not at all. I'm totally not planning on breaking any rules or causing any mayhem. Not a bit. Unless... unless that means I'll get Gryffindor. Then I totally am.'

Gypsy wasn't quite sure if the Hat was maybe the sort to tattle on students he knew were planning on misbehaving. She didn't think so, but really, it would be crazy of the professors not to try and get the Hat to tell them in whose mind he'd read such thoughts. It'd be the easiest way to figure out who the problem students were, like, in the whole world.

════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          I laugh myself to sleep, it's my lullaby.

(( OOC: ))

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm just like my mother! I’ve got my head in the clouds, and all my brainpower is focused on the creative side of things. I’m not a books kind of girl. That is, I don’t do things by the books, and I’m not really book smart. I mostly go with how I feel. But, I am smart, don’t think I’m stupid just because I don’t really get into traditional learning. I’m actually really clever, and I can figure things out a lot quicker, and more imaginatively, than most people I know. I just don’t get caught up in the serious side of things. I like to be upbeat and happy and free, you know? And yeah, maybe I'm a bit mischievous, but it's all in fun. and what's life without a little fun, yeah?

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Gryffindor? Are you sure that's where you belong?
Your creativity and cleverness tell me otherwise.
While you are not a traditional learner,
I sense that you are indeed quite intelligent.
You will find friends to be crazy with you in any house.
Yet the one for you is...

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:36 pm
User Image
User Image

When the sun shines, we'll shine together. Told you I'll be here forever.
                                                    🍂 Said I'll always be a friend. Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.

Terren hurried into the Great Hall alongside Erica and Miranda. He looked around in awe of the greatness of the Great Hall. Well, that was clever thinking on that name. He followed the other first year's to the front of the Hall, where the Sorting Hat sat upon a stool, watching them all. Erica was called up, and so was Miranda, and finally... "Terren Hawthorn." "That's me!" The boy ran up to the stool, jumping up to sit on it, anxious to hear what the hat had to say about him. 'Come on, Mister Hat. I'm a Hawthorn! I belong where the Hawthorn's belong! Please please please put me with my sister, so I can follow in my parents' footsteps!' he pleaded in his mind. As the hat was placed upon his head, Terren squeezed his eyes shut, both terrified and excited to finally know where he belonged.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a very happy person. I love making people smile, and sad people upset me. I think my parents gave me their Hufflepuff genetics, because I'm fiercely loyal to anyone I consider a friend. I would follow them to the ends of the Earth if they asked me to go with them. I'm love adventures too, and can end up getting pretty reckless at times when I'm having too much fun. Otherwise, I'm very focused on my studies. I understand that to go far in this world, you need to make the grades to get you there. I am very open with my emotions, and I, as they say, "wear my heart on my sleeve". Oh, and if you haven't been around me very much, you'll know that I can sometimes maybe get a wee bit hyperactive.

Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other.
                                                    You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella.

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Sariwa

Shadowy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:52 pm
User Image
Sariwa Harris

| First year | Unsorted | Muggleborn

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sariwa looked around the Great Hall. It is so big! she thought. She stood to the left of the crowd and tried not to seem afraid. It wasn't the sorting so much as the people around here. What if they don't like me. What if I say something stupid, like I always do. she thought. She didn't have time to worry anymore, though, as her name was called out. She walked up to the chair and the sorting hat was lowered onto her head...

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a shy tomboy. Due to my social awkwardness I come across as shy and maybe a bit unfriendly sometimes. I am not fond of doing a lot of girly things, I rather hang out with the boys. Although I love reading, I never say no to a bit of exploring. I always think ahead and I am good at seeing the consequences of my actions, it is just that I usually don't care about them.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:17 pm
User Image
User Image

Jarlath jumped in excitement as his name was called. He dashed up to the sorting hat. He plopped down on the stool as the hat fell on his head. "Finally!" he said. Where will I go? he asked as he looked at the crowded hall.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm I'm a kind fellow who enjoys the quiet. I don't like lots of noise or lots of people. I just don't like crowds. I am intelligent, but I don't really put much effort into my work. I would rather spend the night outside rather than inside. I just don't like being cooped up. Dunno why though. I also have a rather hard time staying focused, I think Dad mentioned something about something called ADHD or something like that, apparently its a term muggles use for people like me. But Mum says it is normal. I'm just not sure though.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:28 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

heather030595
User Image
User Image

When the sun shines, we'll shine together. Told you I'll be here forever.
                                                    🍂 Said I'll always be a friend. Took an oath I'ma stick it out till the end.

Terren hurried into the Great Hall alongside Erica and Miranda. He looked around in awe of the greatness of the Great Hall. Well, that was clever thinking on that name. He followed the other first year's to the front of the Hall, where the Sorting Hat sat upon a stool, watching them all. Erica was called up, and so was Miranda, and finally... "Terren Hawthorn." "That's me!" The boy ran up to the stool, jumping up to sit on it, anxious to hear what the hat had to say about him. 'Come on, Mister Hat. I'm a Hawthorn! I belong where the Hawthorn's belong! Please please please put me with my sister, so I can follow in my parents' footsteps!' he pleaded in his mind. As the hat was placed upon his head, Terren squeezed his eyes shut, both terrified and excited to finally know where he belonged.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a very happy person. I love making people smile, and sad people upset me. I think my parents gave me their Hufflepuff genetics, because I'm fiercely loyal to anyone I consider a friend. I would follow them to the ends of the Earth if they asked me to go with them. I'm love adventures too, and can end up getting pretty reckless at times when I'm having too much fun. Otherwise, I'm very focused on my studies. I understand that to go far in this world, you need to make the grades to get you there. I am very open with my emotions, and I, as they say, "wear my heart on my sleeve". Oh, and if you haven't been around me very much, you'll know that I can sometimes maybe get a wee bit hyperactive.

Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we'll still have each other.
                                                    You can stand under my umbrella. You can stand under my umbrella.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
LIke your family, you wish to be?
That is something I could see.
It will make you great, in your own way.
So it will be...

HUFFLEPUFF!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:08 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Sariwa
User Image
Sariwa Harris

| First year | Unsorted | Muggleborn

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Sariwa looked around the Great Hall. It is so big! she thought. She stood to the left of the crowd and tried not to seem afraid. It wasn't the sorting so much as the people around here. What if they don't like me. What if I say something stupid, like I always do. she thought. She didn't have time to worry anymore, though, as her name was called out. She walked up to the chair and the sorting hat was lowered onto her head...

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a shy tomboy. Due to my social awkwardness I come across as shy and maybe a bit unfriendly sometimes. I am not fond of doing a lot of girly things, I rather hang out with the boys. Although I love reading, I never say no to a bit of exploring. I always think ahead and I am good at seeing the consequences of my actions, it is just that I usually don't care about them.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A tomboy, eh?
And somewhat awkward.
Perhaps you will grow out of that here...

HUFFLEPUFF!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:11 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Sir Spazalots
User Image
User Image

Jarlath jumped in excitement as his name was called. He dashed up to the sorting hat. He plopped down on the stool as the hat fell on his head. "Finally!" he said. Where will I go? he asked as he looked at the crowded hall.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm I'm a kind fellow who enjoys the quiet. I don't like lots of noise or lots of people. I just don't like crowds. I am intelligent, but I don't really put much effort into my work. I would rather spend the night outside rather than inside. I just don't like being cooped up. Dunno why though. I also have a rather hard time staying focused, I think Dad mentioned something about something called ADHD or something like that, apparently its a term muggles use for people like me. But Mum says it is normal. I'm just not sure though.

Unable to sit still,
Unable to focus.
Perhaps you can do so in
the house of your forefathers.

HUFFLEPUFF!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:23 am
User Image
User Image

First YearUnsortedSingle

Darren waited for his name to be called, rather impatiently too. He looked over at the Gryffindor table where his sister sat. He really wanted to be there too. When his name was called, he hurried up to the stool and sat down. 'Please put me in Gryffindor...'

Darren
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm A daredevil, to the bone. Always up for a challenge. No matter what it is, he'll do. He has the heart of a grizzly bear. It doesn't matter who he is up against or what he has to do. He is a bit scared of being alone ever since his sister left after the death of their father. He is really loyal and fun loving. Darren also tends to talk a lot

{OoC:}

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:35 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Rawwry
User Image
User Image

First YearUnsortedSingle

Darren waited for his name to be called, rather impatiently too. He looked over at the Gryffindor table where his sister sat. He really wanted to be there too. When his name was called, he hurried up to the stool and sat down. 'Please put me in Gryffindor...'

Darren
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm A daredevil, to the bone. Always up for a challenge. No matter what it is, he'll do. He has the heart of a grizzly bear. It doesn't matter who he is up against or what he has to do. He is a bit scared of being alone ever since his sister left after the death of their father. He is really loyal and fun loving. Darren also tends to talk a lot

{OoC:}

A daredevil? And Reckless as well
You need to think of consequences
Perhaps here you can learn how

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:38 am
User Image

Raphael Alexander Snow

Unsorted First Year
Single
Pureblood

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Raph walked up when his name was called. He watched his cousin sit at the Ravenclaw table and felt a little jealous. But that soon faded as his attention was taken by the old hat.

Raphael
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Cold and calculating. I'm pretty down to Earth and really harsh to others. I tend to make little to no friends whatsoever. But maybe that will change. I'm really quite lonely and would like at least one friend... Maybe if i do act a little nicer I can have one... I'm only mean because I don't want people to look down on me. I'm also very very shy

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:27 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

shabatha
User Image

Raphael Alexander Snow

Unsorted First Year
Single
Pureblood

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Raph walked up when his name was called. He watched his cousin sit at the Ravenclaw table and felt a little jealous. But that soon faded as his attention was taken by the old hat.

Raphael
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Cold and calculating. I'm pretty down to Earth and really harsh to others. I tend to make little to no friends whatsoever. But maybe that will change. I'm really quite lonely and would like at least one friend... Maybe if i do act a little nicer I can have one... I'm only mean because I don't want people to look down on me. I'm also very very shy

Calculating and Cold.
These signs points to Slytherin
But that is not where you belong.
Your lonely feelings will disappear here...

Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:21 am
I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve,
Feelin' lucky today
Got the sunshine

User Image

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Leah watched as her friend was sorted, feeling nervous as the hat called out Ravenclaw. Fear tangled in the back of her mind, for she didn't believe herself to be smart enough for Ravenclaw. Sure, she was witty when she ought to be, but not quite on her sister's level. So much planning fell apart, all of the escapades the two were sure to enact. Suddenly Leah's confidence was significantly less. Gypsy wouldn't be there to talk to in the common room. Still, a glimmer of hope remained. Maybe, just maybe, all of the facts and stories her sister had told her would score her a spot at the table beside Gypsy. The redhead stepped shyly up to the hat as her name was called, swallowing as the hat was placed upon her head. “Please, please put me in Ravenclaw. I've been so excited to be in Gryffindor, but now that Gypsy's in Ravenclaw I've changed my mind. I know I'm not super smart and resourceful, but I do what I can. Please.” the words were empty. A lost cause. Leah closed her eyes as she waited for the verdict. She imagined her friends at their separate tables, eating the food and making new companions. This wasn't what she'd been imagining. She just wanted it over with.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My Diary

Emotion: Ready • Action: Getting sorted • Thought: What?!? • Location: The great hall • Crush: Nobody yet • Outfit: Sorting

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Determined. I face every challenge with bravery and I don’t back down. My curiosity is vast and often gets me into trouble. Trouble, however, is not one of my fears and therefore doesn’t phase me much. I am friendly, loud, and always wanting to do something dangerous.

[OOC: Sorry it's short. I'm on my phone at camp and I only have 20 minutes. Miss you guys, I'll be home soon.]  

AddyAbnormal

x - Mirelle

Allegiant

9,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:27 am
{Still scrambling to find a posting style for Alicia. My bad! ^^''}

one love, one house
                                Alicia 'Laleesha' Leeland
                                no shirt, no blouse

Alicia was more than a tad terrified. She had never seen the entire Great Hall before, in all of its splendor. Actually, she had never seen the Great Hall at all. She recoiled as her name was called, even though plenty more soon-to-be students had gone through the same process. As she traipsed up the steps, she clenched her teeth. This was quite embarassing, to be quite frank. She wasn't usually anything like this timid. Jeanne, would probably be getting ready at Beauxbaton right now, and Laleesha was suddenly struck with bitterness that she wasn't at the French school at the moment. Her walking stopped for a moment, and then resumed.

Sighing, Alicia adjusted herself on the stool, waiting as the hat was slowly dropped onto her head. Suddenly, something that Jeanne had said popped into her mind. ... Something about Hufflepuff being the worst of the houses. While she had seen a bunch of friendly people heading into that house, she trusted the word of her foreign friend more than first appearances. Please, don't put me in Hufflepuff...

{People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit crazy sometimes. I really enjoy art. And by art, I mean everything that could ever be possibly described as art. I love knitting, painting, even the art of face-painting. I'm not exactly the best in any of them, but that's not what I think matters! I believe in doing what you want to do, and enjoying it! Since I grew up in a rather secretive manner, not being allowed to have any friends over, I can get really jealous if I see you hanging out with a bunch of friends when I'm by myself. I'm trying not to be, though, but I just really love being with people and hanging out.

Uhmm, more about me? Well, I guess I can get angry easily. I get upset if someone messes with my stuff without permission, and I guess everyone would, but I've been told that it's really bad with me. So keep your mitts off of my stuff! When I'm at classes, I still have my kitty to swat at you! I don't really get why people are really serious all the time, too. I mean, I can understand being serious at moments, 'cause I get really serious about some topics, but all the time? Man, you need to get... Uhmm... Nevermind. I've been told that I can get kinda robotic around some people.... This is because you're probably getting on my nerves. When you do that, I freeze up my face into this permanent little faint smile. I'm trying to tell you in my own little way that I don't like you without being rude. By smiling. Oh yeah.}

Mood: Nervous
                                                              Thoughts: The stories Jeanne told me... Hmm...
                                                              Companions: Bunch of random witches and wizards...
                                                              House: Unsorted
                                                              Year: Numero Uno
                                                              Theme: Sweater Weather

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:10 pm
User Image
𝒩𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝒥𝑜𝑦 𝒪'𝐹𝑒𝓀𝑟𝑒𝓀𝑦
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

First Year ~ Unsorted ~ Single ~ Muggleborn

Nessa walked nervously to the front of the hall, knowing that there were a lot of eyes on her. She didn't know how this hat worked, but she learned by now that everything unusual here had to do with magic, so she wasn't surprised. She just hoped that it wasn't too scary, having this talking hat on her head. She turned and sat quietly on the stool, chewing her lower lip as she waited. What were the names of the houses, again? Ravenwing? Gryffin.. Gryffin.. Er, Serpentin.. Hobblegriff? She sighed quietly and worried her lip, looking out at all the tables and up to the coloured banners. Which would she be placed in?

Nessa
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a kind girl with a big heart - sometimes too big, as I tend to neglect my own needs in my efforts to make other people happy. I am sensitive, empathetic, and passionate about the arts and learning new things, especially about language and culture. I tend to see the world through rose-coloured lenses, and hold a childlike sense of wonder with all that it holds. Even so, I tend to be kind of shy around people I don't know, and I'm not very confrontational even when I need to be. I would rather avoid a fight than jump right into one - but if you aggravate me for long enough, you will see that I can have a temper.

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Meena Reine

Shameless Fatcat

10,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Anxious | | Getting Sorted
First Year | | Mudblood | | Single | | Unsorted
Griffin Hair Core | | Mahogany Wood | | 15 inches

"Kim John Uno!"

What was that? -- his name was called? He felt as if everyone was staring at him, which, of course, they were. Reeling in as much of his strength as he could muster, he straightened his back and marched forward with his head upward. He had to act as if this was a boring task, as if it wasn't going to determine his fate possibly forever.

Despite all the lies he ran through his mind, he still shivered as he sat upon the stool. This was the moment that his life had been leading up to. This was the deciding factor in what was going to become of him.

It felt like the world had slowed down, and only he was the one going as fast as it was supposed to. The hat was still not on his head, and he quickly glanced up to see what was taking them so long, when he noticed a scruffy looking, black piece of cloth hovering right above him. He had just enough time to realize what it was before it was placed on him.

It was the sorting hat.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a very controlling person. I do not like it if I have something held over my head. Usually, if that happens, I will react with a flash of anger, but that's just to cover up my fear.

Pretty much everyone I talk to tells me that I'm a spoiled brat. I grew up rich, and with that wealth came great power and endless opportunities for me to be happy, which I took in stride and took complete advantage of. I do not know how I will fare in a place other than my home, but I suspect that I'll hate it, just because it isn't my house. I'm very rarely surprised, so I bet that new school I'm going to will be horrible.

I don't like doing risky things, but I like to be thought of as strong, intelligent and brave. I will do anything to be the center of attention, and I will stop at nothing to make myself a popular kid. To whoever may come across my path and fall as I plow through - Beware!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games