Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Roleplay Subforum
Pokémon Legends: Court of Kings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:23 am
((R.I.P. Team Flare Grunt Jeff and his Fashion Patrol Squad. His last thoughts were of how generic his tombstone would be))

Lumiose City - Gotengo

It had been a long time since the two Kalosian girls had seen each other. Mia wasn't sure how long. She pulled at the hem of her skirt. "Yeah, this is my thing now. I want to be open about my fetishes." A few seconds passed before she decided her sarcasm might be taken seriously. Clearing her throat, she said, "It's for my temp job. Hotel Richissime, you know how it goes. So you and Zack know each other?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:57 pm
((So it's just dawned on me that the Flare guys who posed as cops before were the fashion police... unless it dawned on me before and I just forgot ninja ))

Lumiose City - Moreau Library

'Oh, he just follows me around,' Esme said, waving her hand dismissively. Zack pursed his lips and looked away, glaring at an innocent bookcase. 'God, it's been ages... how's Salieri doing? Somehow I can't see her being a maid.'

Esme gave Zack a sidelong glance. She hadn't known he'd been in contact with Salieri. But, she supposed, as big a personality as Salieri was in Lumiose City, it was bound to happen sooner or later, especially if Zack was in the loop about darkhorse hunters. Salieri, she knew, was highly capable. Judging from how she'd seen Zack handle Antiq at Professor Sycamore's, she supposed he must be a decent trainer as well. Maybe if they teamed up, they could actually do something?

Something she couldn't.

Route 10 - The Crater

'Ferox,' Ratio said when it looked like Goldberg wouldn't back down. A pity, really, as he'd hoped to finish this by killing as few people as possible. Blood begets blood, and he already had enough on his hands. The Arcanine padded forward, keeping her body in a low, hunting posture. Wind blew hot ash across the battlefield. Air whistled between pillars, and Ratio's Aegislash crackled with electicity as the aura master mentally conveyed his command.

Magnet Rise

Goldberg fired Steelix. Ferox's growl peaked and she opened her maw, unleashing a powerful blast of Roar in the steel type's face. It would force the monster back into its ball, which Ferox would then destroy with a burst of Flamethrower, unless Steelix had a way of shifting his considerable momentum in time. As for Ratio, he and Aegislash would fly behind a row of pillars, off the ground and clear of Ska's traps. They would circle around Goldberg's back, and could take advantage of the admin's attention being split between two targets.

It was a simple ploy. If Goldberg focused on Ratio, he'd have his throat ripped out by an Extremespeed Ferox. If he focused on the Arcanine, Ratio would easily get behind him, and Aegislash would do the rest by plunging into Goldberg's back.  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:03 pm
((Oh man, I didn't even realize that. And I wrote it!))

Lumiose City - Gotengo

“Salieri would be a terrible maid. Good trainers don’t need temp jobs, anyway.” Mia brushed stray curls of hair away from her face. “She’s taking on the league for real this year.” Salieri had told her not to tell anyone about what happened with Faust. Surely Esme would be the exception. The three of them had a history of looking into the conspiracy together. If there was anyone that could keep the information discreet, it was someone who went through what Salieri had gone through. Someone like Esme.

“I don’t know all the details, and I’m trusting you not to tell the wrong people about this, but Salieri took out a Darkhorse Hunter yesterday. One of the ones that got to her brother.” It was a feat that she, as a friend, had pride in. Most trainers that encountered the rumored Darkhorse Hunters had their journey cut short then and there. Moze had encountered at least four before having to quit the league, and Salieri had successfully defeated one already. The ever looming threat of running into more was exactly why Mia was calling in the first place.

“Salieri’s good. Very good. But Moze was better, and look what happened to him. If her luck runs out, or if they’re luckier than she is, Sal’s gonna be crushed out there. That’s why I’m trying to get Zack to work with her.” Her eyes moved to Zack, even though she continued to address Esme. “But kids these days, they just can’t get along.”  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Zack folded his arms and frowned. 'Hey, she started it.'

'Sal took out a darkhorse hunter?' Esme raised her brow. As impressive as that was, it meant that if Salieri wasn't a target before, she was now. And the hunters could play dirty if they wanted to. 'I think you ought to watch your back, Mia. The darkhorse hunters don't just go after the person they're targetting, not if there's an easier way to get what they want.'  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:00 pm
Lumiose City - Gotengo

"Yeah." What Esme said was true, but Mia never felt like she could be in danger from Salieri's antics. This was because she trusted Moze, wherever he was, to keep her safe. Sometimes it felt like he was watching over her, and she'd turn around thinking he was there. It was irrational and it left her disappointed at every turn, but she couldn't help herself. This phantom comfort was something she had to keep to herself. "Consider my back watched. It's Arnaud I'm worried about. If something happens to Sal's dad..."

Mia sighed and looked at Zack. "I know Salieri started it, now I'm ending it. Zack, if you want to keep your sister safe then working with Sal is your best bet. If I can make her civil, can you suck it up?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:37 pm

'Fine. I'll try,' Zack said, trying to keep the edge off his voice. He was so busy looking sullen that he almost missed Esme smirking at him. He quickly turned his attention back to Mia. 'So'd you find any leads?'  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:10 pm

The hologram of Mia shook her head. "Nothing new, just the one. Alanza Taine." Saying the name made her feel something ominous. "She's real, there are records of her competing in the Kalos League for the past eight years, under a sponsorship by Silph Co." Big name companies only sponsored big name trainers, and The Silph Company was an international top dog. It meant that Alanza Taine walked the walk. "I haven't had the time to look into the records yet, the morning shift just ended and here there are-"

On cue, two holographic Emolgas flew into view, joyfully glomping onto Mia's shoulder and waist. The girl was unfazed. "New guests," she sighed with subtle annoyance, yanking the squirrels off and tossing them out of the picture. "Sal caught twelve of these. Do you see what I mean? She must be losing her mind out there."

Now Mia looked at Esme, trying to gauge the older girl. "Anyway, Esme, I didn't think you'd want to entertain all this conspiracy talk." The hologram pointed at both Zack and Esme. "Who roped who into this?"  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:22 am

Esme tried and failed to hold off a smile when the two Emolga introduced themselves. She didn't know how Mia kept such a cool head, but there were times where she envied her for it. One of those times was about 15 minutes ago. Her smile dropped at the techie's question.

'I did,' Esme said quietly. 'I saw the interview with the Professor, and I freaked. It was the same as the ones they ran after the landslide, and it just got stuck in my head.'
'I'm what you'd call collateral damage,' said Zack through a sandwich-full mouth.
'Well, I had to tell someone. It was driving me insane,' Esme looked from Zack to Mia. 'I'm sorry I walked out on you guys. Things got complicated.'

Zack swallowed. 'Right, so this Alanza Taine's the target. I go in there, beat her up, we break out the thumbscrews and take down the rest of this operation. All I need is a location.'  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:31 am
Lumiose City - Gotengo

"No big deal, Esme. It happens, I'm used to it." When Zack said his piece, Mia closed her eyes and let out a slow breath, something she did when she had to be patient with the younger Gotengo kids, or with Salieri. "Zack. You don't go beat her up. We don't know what her gimmick is yet. The last guy sniped at Sal from one end of a Route to the next. This girl could turn you into a Gogoat with her mind, or something. She has to be tough if Silph's willing to sponsor her."

Veillantif hopped into Gotengo's main floor and started shooting Octazookas at the Emolgas buzzing around the ceiling. Mia tried not to think of how they'd have to clean the ink later as she took a spliff out from behind her ear. "We also have no real evidence, just a rumor," she added, lighting up. "Hunter or not, she's still a Taine. You'll get locked up if you lay a finger on Alanza with nothing to back you up." She neglected to mention that Salieri got away with it twice over the course of this week. Once because she had video proof of Antoine punching her first, and another because of Matheson's assistance.

"My lunch break is almost over. Try not to let yourself get transmogrified or whatever before I get off work. I'll have something for us to work with by tonight."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:33 am
((Let's not forget poor Faust crying burning_eyes ))

'I didn't mean it like that...' Zack grumbled quietly. He hadn't planned on laying a hand on Alanza. Her pokémon, however, were fair game. There were no laws about beating nobles in pokémon battles, just underhanded government conspiracies to make sure it wasn't too common.

'See you later, Mia,' Esme said. The gravity of their situation weighed on her, yet she felt strangely elated at the same time. She tingled with excitement at the thought that, perhaps finally, she could get justice for Allard. Things weren't like they were two years before. This time she could leave everything to Salieri and Zack, then benefit in their wake. She felt sly even thinking it, but what other options were there?

'Yeah, later,' Zack said, giving Mia a second to say any goodbyes before closing off the Holo Caster. He tossed it aside and let out a long sigh.

'How come you didn't say you knew Mia and One Shot?' he asked. Esme frowned.
'Why didn't you? It's far more relevant.'
'Cause I only just met one, and the other's an a*****e. I met some shop assistant this morning, did you want to know about them too?'
'That's not the same thing, and you know it.'
Zack sulked into his hot chocolate. 'Yes it is...'

Esme rolled her eyes at him and picked up her book. It was amazing how, in the space of one short phone call, she felt hopeful again. Maybe that was the power of a friendly face. Dexio and Sina were good friends, but they'd never really believed that the nobility would assassinate trainers just to secure a league win. It sounded ridiculous even to Esme, and she'd never stopped believing, not really.

'It's nice to see you smiling again,' said Zack. Annoyingly, Esme blushed.
'Miracles do happen.' Esme chewed on a thought for a second. It was something that had been nagging at her. 'Do you really think you can just waltz in and beat Alanza? You do realise darkhorse hunters aren't your average trainers?'

Zack rubbed his neck. 'Obviously it's not going to be straightforward. My mentor always said any conflict can be resolved with enough force. Like how waves can topple a cliff sooner or later.'
Esme remembered something like that when she skimmed Zack's notebook. 'Really. That's ridiculous. What about negotiation? Diplomacy? Some people are fuelled by ideology, and force can't stop that.'

'Her area of expertise was really just pokémon battles,' Zack shrugged. 'Luckily we're not going to try and talk any hunters down, so I think it holds true.'
'So your plan is to overpower Alanza, regardless of any tricks she might have?'

Zack grinned. 'I like to keep things simple.'  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:56 am
Route 10 - The Crater

Goldberg pointed his rifle toward Ferox, and shifted himself to try and avoid a fatal blow from Ratio from behind. Stepping toward the left, as the sword pierced through him, he grit his teeth and bit through the butt of his cigar. It fell with blood that escaped his teeth.

Ha! You're good.

Goldberg braced himself on his left foot, planting it firmly as he twirled his rifle by the trigger guard, pointing it behind him against a bent arm, the tip of the barrell just behind him. When he pulled the trigger, it would release a Bastiodon, but only a moment after firing. If it hit Ratio, it would pierce into him, an then shred him to pieces as the Bastiodon emerged from the ball.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:52 pm
Route 10 - The Crater

It was over. Staring down the wrong end of a gun barrel, Ratio closed his eyes. He left himself, his body, and went elsewhere. Suddenly he was wild, his four paws beating the earth in a blinding sprint. There was Goldberg, dead ahead, his arm raised, bent and vulnerable. With a single burst of Extremespeed, Ratio blew the earth from under his paws.

Wind would rush as blood filled his mouth. Unless Goldberg had some way of knowing about and avoiding the attack, he would lose his lower arm, ripped off in a single bite. The gun it was holding would be scattered to the charred earth, unfired, and Ferox would touch down, the meat of the admin's arm in her maw. As Ferox spat out the bloody meat, Ratio's eyes would open, himself again.

If he had no other delay, the aura master would rip his Aegislash from Goldberg's chest and resheathe it. Pushing against Goldberg as he did so would be enough to send the admin crashing uselessly to the ground, where he would soon pass out from blood loss. Satisfied with this inevitable outcome, Ratio would turn and walk away. One obstacle down. Flare had only one other admin with them, and after that they were at his mercy.  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:04 pm
Route 10 - The Crater

What kind of life is it that you want to live?

'The answer's obvious isn't it?'

Goldberg's body was torn one way as his arm was pulled from his body.

The majority of your body is scar tissue. It says here that you grew up in a gladiator arena. Sold into slavery by your parents to pay off debt.

'Does it say that I eventually ran the damn thing? Champion and executive, it's a nice title.'

Goldberg's legs gave away, forcing him to be susceptible to Ratio's push. His body crumpled under the lack of balance, as well as the creature's force.

You enjoy fighting, gambling, and the challenge of life. Is this why you eventually left the gladiator arena? To pursue what the world had to offer?

'Hell yeah. If you can't live with excitement, if you can't live with a whole hell of alot of flare, then what's the ******** point?'

Goldberg's remaining hand caught him on his fall, gave away from the second, and then he pushed himself back up. Ratio had turned his back, deciding that the fight was over.

Is it?

'Never.'

Goldberg's laugh, loud, booming, and full of a happiness you'd expect of a child, came alongside the flash of light that was the appearance of a Haxorus. The Pokemon was attached to his arm, the axe blades on its head, a head.

Goldberg was upon Ratio, the buttons and seams of his shirt ripping with the flex of effort, revealing the muscle - toned, broad, and shining with blood - as well as the scars that covered his torso. A thousand injuries, a thousand scars, each one unique, each one its own story.

Goldberg swung the axe down toward the smaller frame of Ratio, his left arm boasting as much power as his right, flexed and strained with power and effort.

'It ain't ever ********' over till I'm dead and buried!'  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:37 pm
Route 10 - The Crater

Ratio felt Goldberg before he heard him laugh the laugh of a dead man. Goldberg's desire to battle washed over the assassin like the intense heat of a blaze, as hot as any of Ferox's attacks. It was a shame. Really.

As Goldberg swung his axe, Ratio turned on the spot. It wasn't just his metal gauntlet that hardened, but the flesh beneath turned into steel. Steel strong enough to be little more than scratched when Ratio caught the Haxorus axe in his palm. Excess force flew through his body, shattering the earth at his feet, causing his cloak to billow as if caught in a storm. He looked Goldberg in the eye, though of course the aura master's face was hidden by his mask, and with disproportionate strength, would attempt to force the axe away.

Aegislash unsheathed itself, whirling magnetically into Ratio's grasp. And in the same manoeuvre, Ratio would swing the sword pokémon at Goldberg's midsection, aiming to cut up to his spine.  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

Spinne Biss
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:49 pm
Route 10 - The Crater

'Yes, this is it!' Goldberg's teeth were grit, but the curve of his lips gave it away as a grin. His eyes were wide open, catching every movement, from micro to macro, that Ratio made. There was a focus to the chaos of his bloodlust. An enjoyment, in not just the act, but the practice - as an art.

Goldberg was stronger than most men. Between himself and Ratio, it was aura that separated them. Without that, it would be a physical impossibility for someone of Ratio's height, frame, and build, to compete with Goldberg's strength.

'It's overwhelming.'

Goldberg felt his arm as Ratio pushed it back, the force against his strain, it fought against every fiber, every muscle, in Goldberg's body. He was aware of each micro sensation as his arm was overpowered.

Ratio struck with his blade, and Goldberg pulled himself back, using Ratio's exerted force to strengthen the motion. The motion let Goldberg bring a leg up, meeting Ratio's Aegislash with his foot, the toes being clipped clean off. Using the force of his foot, or the stub of the end of it anyway, Goldberg pushed his leg fully into a kick, off-setting the blade closer to the tip, where there wasn't enough power for it to be controlled completely.

The motion also let Goldberg turn, escaping the jab that would have been fatal, as a gash across his side, as he moved out of the way of it. His foot planted, and he pushed off the heel to gain some distance between them, hopping on his good foot as he went.

Goldberg did not flinch at pain.

Humans don't have health bars. Even with endurance like yours, you'll only get so far.

'Ha! That's what I'm looking for! Let me fight the man who challenges me! I want to meet him, I want to fight him, and I want to see how good he is!'

Instead, Haxorus increased in power with Sword Dance. Micro motions across the Pokemon's body would signify it to one's eyes, but Goldberg was sure that Ratio could feel the power. That he was aware of it.

"Gotta say," Goldberg said, the words releasing a spittle of saliva and blood, "I haven't had this much fun in a long time."  
Roleplay Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games