Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Hospital Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 82 83 84 85 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Remses

Fuzzy Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Suzumiya Yukino

"Oh?" slipped out his mouth. His silver locks slightly covered his face as he intuitively lowered his head. His hands lifelessly fell onto his lap. Suddenly the idea of playing with the hem of his shirt became more interesting. "I see... you always end up ki..." For some reason, the word just won't come out. Maybe the second time's the charm? "Ki..." Nope. It was still ineffective hence opting to use another way of saying it. "...doing...doing that with others when you're...like that..." An awkward laugh followed suit before growing silent for a while.

He could not understand why he was acting this way. Its as if someone was clenching onto his heart, making it hard for him to breathe. That was until a thought suddenly came to mind. "Ah!" It was a eureka moment. The young man's head tilted slightly and twisted his lips. "So Hana was right. Kissing demons do exist." He murmured, completely unaware of saying them out loud. His best friend warned him of them in the past but he never knew that he would encounter one. "But... doesn't that only apply when they're drunk?" His eyes then laid on the IV stand that was hooked on Swampy. 'Maybe it's because of that?' This time his thoughts remained unspoken. Nurse Kurt's words replayed in his mind. 'Was that the reason why he asked him to stop drinking? No. That can't be, right?' The more he pondered about it, the more confusing it became. It was too complicated for his feeble brain to comprehend. Although, recalling his best friend's warning made him worried. Those people get beaten up badly or at least that's what she said. "Don't worry. I'll protect you when that happens!" He said, finally looking back at him with a proud smile.

"Un..." He nodded. He doesn't want to make him about useless things. This was something for him to celebrate. He said he wasn't angry. More importantly, he doesn't hate him! "I was scared that you'd end up hating me because I took advantage of you..." There was no ulterior motive in his actions. He merely wanted to help. But others may not see it that way. Speaking of which... "No-no. D-Don't get me wrong..." His hands started flailing in front of him, trying to erase the thought that he had possibly planted on Swampy's mind. "I just wanted to help. Promise!" He even raised his right and crossed his heart. That was the best way he could think of to make it more convincing.

Guilt came crawling back into his skin. How can he be so insensitive? It was very unmanly of him to act like that. "Sorry..." came out out of impulse. He accepted his hand but made sure not to put any pressure on it as he stood up. "Uhm... Do you need any help going back to bed?" It was wrong of him to act like a frightened little bunny rabbit. In the room there's only on patient and that certainly isn't him.

COMPANY :: Swampy
                                          FORM :: Human
                                          OUT OF CANDY :: Awww~ Although he's still quite confused in his own thoughts
                                          Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:41 pm
Remses

User Image

"Don't carry on, just walk away
How many more sent to their graves?
In this lesson ignored
I fought your fight
Bought your lie
And in return I lost my life
What purpose does this serve?
What purpose did I serve?"

Æþelsige "Swampy" Rheinmann

What the hell were kissing demons? Was this some new sort of rhetoric that the kids had come up with? It definitely wasn't helping Yuki seem mature, but then again maybe inexperience didn't have to be coupled with immaturity. He would need to answer the...questions? had there been questions in what Yuki said, or were they mostly comments that Swampy would never understand? But first, he needed to go ahead and sit down while he still had a leg that would function. "I've got it, but thanks." He gracefully managed to hobble his way back, pulling himself up onto the bed where he could stretch out. Though maybe it was his lack of proficiency with the English language, or just his lack of social skills, he was pretty sure that his attempts thus far to make Yuki calm down were only making things worse. It was time he came clean, which was going to be one hell of a painful move. "Care to sit down?" he stalled. He had kept his life so private for so long, that divulging most any little detail felt like he was betraying himself, and to let spill such a huge factor of his life...it was like having another limb amputated. "Look, I may as well come clean about a few things, so you can see how I see our relationship, so we don't keep having these awkward encounters and misunderstandings. You...you remind me, both in appearance but more so in personality, of someone who meant everything to me." Without even realizing it, his fingers were fiddling with the ring through his hospital gown. "I lost that person many decades ago, and it absolutely destroyed me. Destroyed to the point that if I had not given my word, I would have killed myself by now. Instead, I've just been trying to allow myself to fall apart so that death was inevitable yet not directly caused by myself." Whoops, maybe he shouldn't have admitted that part yet, but it was kind of an important detail, maybe. He would have to see how it all shook out. "But then I met you and for the first time in over sixty years, I actually felt like there might be something to life. And even though my default personality is cold and aloof, I found I couldn't be like that with you: I had to be gentle and caring, or at least as gentle and caring as I can get. As if by instinct I care for you greatly. That's why, when you found me the other day...if it had been anyone else who found me, I would be dead by now. I would have just gotten them to help me home then leave so I could die alone. But it was you...and I knew if you were the last person to see me alive...it would weigh too much on your conscience." This was starting to get pathetic, which bugged him, but he was willing to be open if it meant doing the right thing by someone he subconsciously adored. "That's probably more than you wanted to hear, and I'm sorry. And I know it isn't fair that sometimes when I look at you I see the past. I'm sorry it is what it is. Just thought maybe it would explain my crazy actions...or why I acted like we were long-time lovers. Sorry." He really had no idea what to do now: he was a predator, one who sought out weaknesses and exploited them. He wasn't used to being the weak one himself, and he kept feeling as if the sharks would soon come circling. How could people be so open all of the time?

"Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please God, wake me

Now the world is gone, I'm just one
Oh, God help me

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell"

Relationship: Widower
      Mood: Uncertain
          Ooc: Sorry for the monologue...

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Remses

Fuzzy Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:37 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Suzumiya Yukino

Although he asked for his permission, he was hoping that he could help him back to his bed. After all, he was the reason why he was in that position in the first place. Still, he kept his silence and sat right beside him as instructed. "Thanks." The boy was curious why he was acted like so, but he figured that it would be impolite to ask. He was never the type of person to judge others by how they look or how they act and most certainly what their background is all about.

Yukino listened to his explanation attentively. The more he heard from him, the more he felt like crying. Imagining him going through such pain made him feel miserable. If there was a way for him to help, he will be willing to thread the fires of hell to do so. The problem is that his mere presence is causing him pain. Tears were threatening to fall from his eyes. He sucked his lower lip trying to suppress his feelings. He needs to listen to it until the end.

His head ferociously shook itself in defiance. "No...P-Please don't say that...I'm the one that should apologize for bringing back such painful memories...It was too insensitive of me to not notice...I'm sorry...." With the back of his hand, he wiped the tears that blurred his vision. Real men don't cry. It's improper for him to act this way. "...I'm sorry for being inconsiderate...it's just that...ever since the last time we met at the park I kept on worrying about how you've been doing...i even have a few sketches of you at home...but I was scared to go there coz you may hate it...that you'd start to hate me..." He said, lowering his head in shame. "...so when I saw you laying in the middle of the street I was so scared of the thought of loosing you. It's creepy, right? We only met once and yet... What am I saying? Of course, it's weird. I'm weird. No wonder my brother hates me." In his eyes, Swampy never did anything wrong. The pathetic one who longs for his company was him. "B-But!" He shifted his seat to face him completely. "I'm really really really really really-" He kept repeating the word a few times more before saying, "- glad that I was there. Yea. I'm certainly super duper uber duper glad I was there." A huge smile was plastered on his face. He did well.

His eyes caught the ring that hung around his neck. It was a quick slap, bringing him back to reality. "Uhm...I know it's selfish of me to ask but..." He remained silent for a few seconds before continuing on. "Please...allow me to still visit you. I know that I remind you of your previous girlfriend but... " At this point, he was trying his best to find the best excuse to stay by his side. He knew that if he was near him then that means there are more chances of him reminiscing about his past. Despite knowing that, he simply could not help but want to see him. "...please let me be your hands and feet. I don't really mind being mistaken as her. Even... even just until you recover? I promise that I won't show my face after that." Yukino may have misinterpreted his words but that's how he managed to decipher it.

OUT OF CANDY ::He just needs an excuse to stay with him...
                                          Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:13 pm
Remses

User Image

In this lesson ignored
I fought your fight
Bought your lie

Was his English that bad or something? How did Yuki keep getting the wrong idea when he clearly...oh. He remembered the feeling now. Feeling so unworthy, so worthless that even the most plainly spoken compliment seemed to take on another meaning. He had felt that way plenty enough, when he had slipped up and done something cruel; he would feel like he was becoming a monster like others of his species, but then Kurt would speak with him, make him see that he wasn't a monster, he had just made a mistake. Then it had been Swampy's turn to support Kurt after the accident. It had taken Kurt a long time to regain his confidence, but gradually they had rebuilt it together and been all the stronger for it. Could it be that Yuki had been made to feel worthless by others? If Yuki assumed that Swampy's love had been a woman, and he had mentioned that his brother hated him...that would probably be enough to wreck someone's self image. Damn it, that meant it was up to the man who had been trying to kill himself for decades to try and help someone else see their worth. Welp, this was going to be a rocky process, to say the least.

He shifted in bed so that he was sitting directly beside Yuki. Gingerly, he took Yuki's hand in his own cool damp hand. Frankly, for Yuki it would feel like gripping a branch wrapped in seaweed that had just washed up on shore, which really wan't too terribly far from the truth. They were fairly close now, though Swampy didn't dare get too much closer, didn't really want to soak Yuki's clothes. "You aren't bringing up painful memories. Life in general: waking up without my husband by my side, fearing I would never again meet a man who could look me in the eyes and see someone worth caring for, someone...who wasn't a monster; that was the most painful memory. For the longest time, I thought that the moment I watched him breathe his last, that in the moment my life ended as well. I was just a soulless husk too dumb to know it was already dead. But then I met you. When I was a total stranger, you cared, and even when you saw my true form, saw what most would consider a monster, your affection never wavered. Don't you see? You don't bring painful memories, you bring the light in my life, the light he used to bring. I...I think I could even try to live, if you stick around?" He sighed. He was so used to pushing people away, that it was hard to prop someone up and reel them in. But it was a lot easier when the one you were trying to get kept swimming towards you on their own. And why did he always have to use aquatic metaphors? He thought he was a little more diverse than that. "I guess the short version is...well, I'm a broken person, and I don't know that I can be repaired. But as much as I am capable of loving...that is what I feel for you. In the grand scheme, it probably doesn't feel like much, and I wouldn't blame you if you decided to associate with someone else. Crazy as it sounds, I give you my broken pathetic little love, and should you accept, I think...I think I would be willing to try and live. I won't guarantee anything, but I would try for you." Oh screw it! He had just put himself through a hell of a lot, Yuki could suffer through a wet shirt. Gently, Swampy leaned over just a little so that his head rested against Yuki's shoulder. He was still holding the boy's hand. Though should anyone approach, he would quickly move away. Couldn't let others know what they were up to.

Oh please God, wake me

Oh, God help me

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell"

Relationship: ??
      Mood: AAAAAA!
          Ooc: If that wasn't clear enough, Swampy is going to cry.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Remses

Fuzzy Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:29 am

Suzumiya Yukino

Yukino was appalled by the thought of being mistaken as a female. On the other hand, there was a mystical force that drew him to the man. For years he has a hole in his heart, that sense of belongingness that he wished he achieved as he grew up. The young man was uncertain how to classify the feeling he has as of the moment. Would it be possible that he had been looking at him as a replacement for his brother? Or was it the one that he feels towards his best friend? If there was one thing he was certain about, it was that he wanted to stay by his side. The reason behind it, he was yet to find out.

“U-Uhm…S-Swampy?” Blood rushed up to his face upon feeling the dampness on his shoulder. They were close, too close! But more importantly, did he just understand that right? So he was not causing him pain but was helping him to live on? Apart from that, it was a husband and not a wife! “B-By love…you mean…” Somehow he wished that his best friend was here to help him out just like old times. He was too oblivious of these things unless it was pointed out. Thankfully, she gave her a piece of advice in case of an emergency.

“I-If you’re fine with having me then I’d be honored...” That sounded too scripted. “I mean…I’m not as good as you think I am so…” No that sounded like he was pushing him away. Gah! Why does it have to be so difficult? Taking a deep breath, he tried to recompose his thoughts and hoped for the better. “I have a confession to make. I was scared of you back then…” He remained silent for a minute. Was it right for him admitting that? It would only fair, given that he had told him his story. “…I have gynophobia. I’m sorry for mistaking you for a woman and the reason why I wasn't scared when I saw your true form was because I’ve seen your kind in the past. I’m not friends with one but my brother was. And maybe the reason why I can’t stop thinking about you was that you kinda remind me of my big brother the only difference is that I was fine kissing you.” Wait! He didn’t have to hear that! “uh…..Not that I like kissing you. It’s just I recalled what my best friend told me. If you don’t feel disgusted by the thought of kissing someone, then that means you like them and it felt wrong imagining kissing my brother. I’d end up dead by the next morning if I did that. Not that he would do that. Other people say that he’s bad but he’s the best big brother in the whole wide world.” He definitely put his foot in his mouth this time but there’s no turning back. “What I’m saying is that. You’re not the only one that’s broken. It’s selfish of me to rob you the opportunity of meeting someone better but if you’d allow me, I’d stay right by your side until you get tired of someone as pathetic as me.”

OUT OF CANDY ::Serving pathetic bunny on a silver platter
                                          Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:12 pm
Remses

User Image

In this lesson ignored
I fought your fight
Bought your lie

Damn...Yuki really didn't have any practice at this, did he? The awkwardness was sort of endearing though, to be frank, and it wasn't so bad that Swampy couldn't understand what he meant. "Well I promise, though I have three different forms I can adopt, all of them are male. Even if my human form looks a bit feminine. Oh well, it was a look I created back when I first learned to shift, and fashion was much different back then." Speaking of, he couldn't help but wonder how old Yuki was. Would it end up being some scandalous age difference, or was Yuki enough of an adult that the years wouldn't seem too bad? He realized he was falling for another human, another individual with a short lifespan compared to his, but he couldn't help it. Apparently humans were his type. "You've seen us before? And that wasn't reason enough to flee? I didn't think there were many of my kind left, and most of the ones I knew were rather horrible. But...I'm glad you managed to find a population of them that wasn't openly hostile." To be fair, his kind did eat people, so even if they weren't trying to be jerks they still tended to come off as cruel individuals. Hell, that was something he had had to work on while he was with Kurt: fighting off his desire for human flesh. It sometimes made for awkward encounters, but he had eventually gotten it under control. "You know, some people might get insulted if you told them that you didn't like kissing them but weren't disgusted by it, but...I understand what you mean. And I'm glad I do not have to compete with your brother: sounds like you really look up to him, and I would be hard pressed to top that." If anything, being compared to Yuki's brother kind of scared him. Hadn't Yuki just been talking about how his brother hated him? Then to follow up with his brother killing him if he had ever kissed him, and that a lot of people thought he was a bad person? That sounded like pure aggression and trouble, and he wondered what the hell he had done to get that sort of label. But it seemed like it was a compliment in Yuki's eyes, so he would just have to accept the intent even if the details were perturbing.

He gave a slight smirk, "my husband, Kurt, died in 1953. Since then, I haven't met anyone I would even call a friend. Besides you, of course. So...my chances of finding anyone I like better are basically zero. I guess staying with you for however long we have is my best case scenario. Though...you are of legal age, right? I'm certain you are, but at my age everyone seems at least a decade or two younger than they are. Besides, I don't want to get arrested over this; I doubt I would do well in prison." He had turned it into a joking matter, but he was serious about making sure everything was above the board. He had encountered people he thought too young to be driving, only to find out they were in their thirties. Sometimes with humans it was just hard to tell.

Oh please God, wake me

Oh, God help me

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell"

Relationship: Dating, maybe?
      Mood: Optimistic
          Ooc: Just a slight mauling of Yuki's pride...

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Remses

Fuzzy Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Suzumiya Yukino

Yukino blushed after hearing his retort about their kiss. If it were his brother he would be able to handle the situation flawlessly. He never had much experience in the field. His best friend proposed to help him out but it just doesn’t feel right. Besides, he knew fairly well that she was just pulling his leg. He continued to listen carefully, trying his best to hide the embarrassment he had been feeling for quite some time now. Thankfully, Swampy decided to help him out. His cheeks puffed after hearing his question. “You really sound like my brother…I’m already in my twenties, you know.” His brother often likes to poke on his little ego but he knew that he knew that he didn’t mean anything bad by it. “Although I’m not sure how long I’ve been twenty… So you won’t be going to jail for child abuse if that’s what you’re worried about.” He chuckled softly. If he wanted to play it off as a joke then might as well go along with it. Better clarify some things in order not to create possible misunderstandings. “You see…Uhm… I forgot his name… but he actually saved me and my brother a lot… I’m no good with dates but I’m pretty sure it was during the Boshin war. For whatever reason we got chased often…” It may sound like the three were always together but in truth Yuki was never able to stay that long around them. They often disappeared without a word. That didn’t bother him one bit. All he knew was that Yuki needed to stay by his side. No matter what others say about him he will always sees the big brother who always comes to his rescue. A bad person would never risk their life for another, right? “But unlike you… he can only shift into his human form… I think?” Recalling it made him miss his brother even more. Speaking of which… “I wonder how they’re doing right now. It’s been awhile ever since I met them. It’ll be nice if you get to meet my brother. I’m pretty sure you’ll get along pretty well.” Maybe. They have some similarities and that often helps with friendship, right? Then again his brother has many friends or so he thought.

OUT OF CANDY :: The kid sees things in with rose colored glasses
                                          Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:09 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, αυɢυsт ⑱тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ③①④
( ⑩ мσитнs, ⑩ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:34 am
User ImageUser Image
Oº°‘¨xxxxxxxxxOOC: ... I I Wearing: Lazy. I I Feeling: Nauseous; Frustrated. I I Funds: $3,000xxxxxxxxx¨‘°ºO

[Character Enter.]

The entry to the hospital was as quiet as the car ride over from the Doux district. It hadn’t lasted long, Hakem occasionally reaching over to lay his hand down on her wrist in comfort as she uncharacteristically fidgeted with her drawstrings. It was the unknown in this context that frightened her - and the redhead already rarely panicked. There was never a time in her life other than Bree’s kidnapping and her mother’s death that she had been so unsure of herself - knowing the world was completely out of her hands until she was allowed to view her cards again. She flared her nostrils and tilted her chin up high, sliding her phone into her front pocket and walking slowly to the front desk. The smell of this place was both a combination of the ill and sterile; disliked more with her increased sense of smell than she had before her transformation. If she had thought the hatred couldn’t increase anymore, she was wrong. She paused behind another tall, blond haired woman, politely but impatiently waiting to be tended to next. It had hardly been a solid two minutes since stepping through the automatic doors and already she wanted out of here. Not that she had visited often, but much like Aubrey the thought of hospitals reminded her of death - and for that, she was not keen on them.

”Yes.” The brunette behind the counter finished typing information over her keyboard and turned her attention to Tori. ”May I help you?” Victoria idly drummed her fingers over the countertop, turning her head to the doctor passing through the patient doors and leaving them swinging behind him. ”We… Were wondering if we could get a possible walk-in appointment.” The receptionist turned her direction back to her screen, taking a long breath and sifting through her schedules. ”It looks like- I can get you in now with Ms. Fennet but-” Victoria’s brows furrowed as she quickly and subtly shook her head. ”I’m sorry, my head is-” She cleared her throat and ran her hand over the top of her hair, stopping when she reached the base of her loose bun. She seemed to be looking almost everywhere except the employee when she spoke to her. ”Is Dr. Harvey available at all? If not we’ll take what we can, he was just recommended to me by someone that saw him.” The brunette turned back to her screen, rolling her lips beneath her teeth as she scanned over the different slots available before slowly nodding. ”I can get you an appointment, but it’s a fifteen minute wait.” Tori shrugged. ”That’s fine.” The receptionist nodded. ”And are you coming here as a regular yearly appointment or a sick visit?” ”Sick visit.” She nodded again. ”If you can take a minute to fill out these forms…” She turned to pull whatever she had recently printed and snapped it onto a clipboard, handing it over to Victoria. ”You can either hand these back to me or hang on to them for the nurse to take. Either’s fine as long as it gets back to us. Do you have an insurance card on you?” She turned to her fiance, letting him hand over whatever cards necessary on the business aspect of the last minute appointment.

She was hot again. She plopped down into the closest chair, hanging her head low over the paperwork, her leg bouncing all the while. The minutes ticked in the waiting room, her penmanship slow as she focused on the ailments flowing through her body and what matched the checklist provided. And finally, after what felt like an eternity of staring at the standard tile floor, they were called back. From that point on it was the typical familiarities - stepping on the scale without her shoes to check her weight, the nurse looking over her paperwork and double checking the checklist she’d marked with small marks, the introduction to their small room as Tori awkwardly sat on the edge of the medical ‘bed’. And just before the nurse exited once again, she stopped by the counter, picking up a small plastic cup and holding it out to her. Slowly Tori took it. ”There’s a restroom located around the corner. You can leave it on the shelf in the bathroom and someone will be in to take it once you leave. Just be sure to put your name and date of birth on the paper strip.” The nurse tapped the preprinted lines on the curvature. ”Doctor Harvey should be in soon.” And she was gone. A urination test? Was there any particular reason for this? Or maybe to check that there weren’t any drugs in her system. Regardless, she tossed one last glance at Hakem, ensuring she’d be back not to minutes after she’d left the room - not that he needed to be concerned about her stepping out to the corner of the hall.

She came back into the room, turning the latch back down with damp but clean washed hands and took a seat back on to the medical bed, the crunch of paper shifting beneath her hips. She hated these damn things. What was the point of them? Why didn’t they throw a thin sheet over the bed and just throw that out after every patient? She scoffed. A swift knock came to the door and in came a taller, relaxed but sharp looking man, a stethoscope tossed casually over his neck and a thoughtful expression on his face. He was hardly clean shaved; what appeared to be close to a five o’clock shadow already encasing his jawline. Brown hair was tossed into a stylish, messy look atop his head - and plenty of it. ”Ms. Porter! Victoria- Vicky? Tori?” The doctor held his hand out with a wide smile. The new wolf ensured the last of the picked names. ”Ah! Tori then. I’m Dr. Harvey and you must be-” There was only a second’s hesitation on the name as he turned to Hakem and extended the same hand for him to shake. ”The fiance, Hakem (Hawk-em)? Am I saying that right? I don’t think I am.” He chuckled. And if he corrected him, he’d only repeat the same sound off of Hakem’s lips with a firm nod. ”So tell me! What brings this fine couple to my office today? I hear we’re having some stomach troubles? Hard to keep things down and… Little bit of temperature problems, dizziness…” Victoria nodded along, resting her hands in her lap whilst Dr. Harvey pulled a few medical things from the cabinets and nestled them together. First was the digital thermometer. ”Have you eaten anything today?” Slowly he slid the end of the device over her forehead and once it beeped, he took a glance, nodded, and jotted something back down on the counter. As he listened to her mentions of the two nibbles from this morning, he continued on. ”And has it been holding down alright?” The ginger’s shoulders rolled.

”Let me get your pulse real quick-” He was already wrapping some velcro around her bicep, pumping the small button between his thumb and pointer until the piece swelled around her arm and exhaled the inanimate breath it held. The man was quick with his movements but precise nonetheless. He had done this for years. ”And is there anything else that wasn’t indicated on the sheet that you want me to know ahead of time- I’m going to listen to your breathing here for a moment.” Tori gingerly pulled the front of her top down, taking in a slow breath and releasing it just as he directed - then doing the same when he moved between her shoulder blades. ”So! Finally the doctor slowed, leaning back on his heels as he watched the two beneath the somewhat harsh fluorescent lighting. ”Any questions for me or anything I should know?”

whiters4

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:38 pm
Remses

User Image

In this lesson ignored
I fought your fight
Bought your lie

He found it hard to believe he had been in the freaking hospital for five days now. Not that it was his longest stay in one ever, but for the past sixty years he had assumed the next time he was in a hospital was just so they could give an official time of death. ((Damn it Kurt, how did you know this was going to happen? Cause this was your doing, I know it.)) It had been eons since he had smiled more than a handful of times in a day, yet whenever Yuki came to visit him, he couldn't keep from smiling. (("I nearly died, but I was able to reunite with the love of my life. Not such a bad price." )) He knew that wasn't how it had worked, knew that Yuki was not the reincarnation of Kurt, but still, they were remarkably similar. (("Would Yuki and I even have ever gotten together if he hadn't found me half-dead?" )) While he would like to think that it was inevitable, he knew himself well enough to question that: Swampy could be pretty damn blind to things when he wanted to be. After his father died, he had given up on a life besides that of a swamp monster, but then Kurt showed up and treated him like a person, made him reevaluate who he was. When Kurt died, he had written off his own life, until Yuki banished the darkness and made him see there was still something left to live for. It was still going to be a battle, Swampy was still prone to falling into depressive periods, but for the first time in over sixty years, he had felt happiness.

Speaking of his ray of sunshine, he hoped that Yuki would show up today. Swampy didn't have a cellphone, and didn't know Yuki's number anyway, so there was no way to tell him that he was finally being released than to see Yuki in person. He would probably need a little hope getting back home, but that was not his principal reason for wanting to see Yuki. He just didn't want Yuki to stop by at some other point only to find out that Swampy had already been released. It would be downright rude of Swampy to let him find out that way.

Oh please God, wake me

Oh, God help me

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell"

Relationship: Dating Yuki
          Ooc: (( )) means he is speaking/thinking in German.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Remses

Fuzzy Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:21 am

Suzumiya Yukino

A light knock came from the door before Yukino came in. In his hands were a bag filled with goodies. He was unsure of what he likes so he bought everything he could get his hands on. Okay, maybe not all, just the healthy bunch. There were just some apples and oranges that he got from the nice grandpa on his way to visit the hospital. It was a perfect gift he could share with someone who has been in the hospital for almost a week or so.

Slowly the door creaked open as he took a peak at the patient inside. This time he opted to use the normal entrance. “Uhmmm… Hi?” His fate, however, was still the same as always. As soon as he entered the room he managed to trip over his own feeble feet causing the fruits to roll all over the floor. Oops? Although he was very excited to pay Swampy a visit, he was still overwhelmed by that what transpired between them for the past few days. Call it over thinking but who wouldn’t be anxious on meeting the special person that rests in their hearts?

“S-Sorry…” With haste, he stretched his arms for the continuously rolling oranges towards different directions. Fortunately for him the apples didn’t gain much velocity to reach the bed. “T-There…” He placed the last piece of fruit into where they once were. “I think that should be the last one.” By the time he was finished, he realized that he managed to crawl near Swampy’s bed. “Uhh….” Suddenly, looking at him felt more embarrassing that before. There was no other choice but to use the bag as a shield to hide his beet red cheeks. “I..I brought you some fruits… w-would you like some?”

OUT OF CANDY :: Pathetic entrance as always
                                          Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:08 pm
Remses

User Image

In this lesson ignored
I fought your fight
Bought your lie

It would seem he was in luck today, for hardly a moment after he had wished for Yuki to visit, that very man poked his head in the door. Swampy had already been disconnected from all of the machines, so he was able to move around somewhat freely, or at least as freely as a sick man on one leg could move. "Morning, Yuki. I'm glad you could stop by." Even though it was just the two of them, Yuki was still acting like a scared little bunny. It was sort of adorable, but at the same time, it was disconcerting. Did Yuki not entirely trust him? or was he just that timid? Well, either way, Swampy would be working on that; believe it or not, Swampy could be a soft, cuddly, affectionate person when he wanted to be, and that seemed like something Yuki could use.

"Are you alright?" he asked as Yuki splatted on the floor. The kid was durable, that was for sure, but he did fear that one of these days Yuki would accidentally hurt himself. The poor little rabbit seemed more intent on gathering up the fruit and hiding than anything else, so Swampy let him have his time. Soon enough Yuki had just about crawled to him while gathering up the fruit once more. "Thank you for bringing them. Would you like to share an orange? I don't think I could eat a whole one on my own just yet. Care to take a seat beside me?" he asked as he extended a hand to help Yuki up. Even if Yuki didn't have his shield up, Swampy wouldn't stare at the blush, that would just be rude. For now, his gaze mainly fell to Yuki in general, but whenever possible, Swampy tended to focus on his eyes: Yuki had the sweetest, most serene eyes he had ever seen, and it gentled his soul just to be able to gaze upon them. "You have good timing, Yuki, they are going to be releasing me today. I don't think I've been away from my house this long since the early fifties. It's...kind of unnerving to be gone."

Oh please God, wake me

Oh, God help me

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell"

Relationship: Dating
          Ooc: At least he's cute.

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Remses

Fuzzy Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:51 am

Suzumiya Yukino

Yukino was too preoccupied with the thought of possibly getting Swampy angry at his clumsiness to understand what he was saying. After gathering all the fruits, he managed to create some time for him to try to compose himself. 'Get yourself together. You don't want him to avoid you too, right?' With the shield up, he took the opportunity to close his eyes and breathe. By the time his eyes opened, he found the same helping hand that was offered to him quite frequently. This time, however, he opted to do the opposite of what he usually does. Yuki lowered his guard and looked up to him seemed to form a smile. "Un," he nodded before he positioned himself right next to him.

Placing the bag on the table next to Swampy's bed, Yuki took one of the oranges. He started peeling its skin leaving the pulps in place making it look like a lotus. "Grandpa's oranges are the best. I was lucky enough to meet him along the way." He shifted a little when so it would be easier for Swampy to get the segments of the fruit he Yuki prepared for him. Oh?" Now that he mentioned it, the apparatus was already removed from Swampy. "That's good news! I'm sure your house misses you too." He chuckled softly trying not to show how worried he was. Yuki was scared of what the nurse told them when they initially came to the hospital so hearing him being released was like a breath of fresh air. "I don't have anything scheduled for today so I could accompany you back home. That is...if that's alright with you..."

OUT OF CANDY :: apologies for the delay
                                          Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:32 pm
Remses

User Image

In this lesson ignored
I fought your fight
Bought your lie

For once, Yuki actually accepted his help, which he hoped was a good sign. In general, he didn’t mind Yuki’s clumsiness, the only thing that worried him was the idea of Yuki getting seriously hurt. In Swampy’s prime, he would have been able to protect Yuki from a great deal of trouble, but he was far from prime, so there was little he could do to help. He grabbed up one of the sections of orange, glancing over it before biting it in half. ”I remember him. I remember when he was just a little thing helping his daddy out on the weekends and in the summer.” People who were around back when Kurt was alive, those were the people he could actually remember, most of the people he had seen around since, well he was either too drunk to remember or he didn’t care enough to commit them to memory. He imagined there would be a period of learning, wherein he met the people of the city, or at least the ones relevant to Yuki. ”I imagine it does miss me. I’m the only person who has been inside since 1953. But…I would appreciate it if you accompanied me back. I’m well enough to get out of here, but I don’t think I’m fully independent yet. Don’t want wind up back here so soon after leaving. Besides, it will be nice to have someone else in the house; it was built for at least two people, and to entertain even more.” If things worked out, that was something they would need to think about: who moved in with whom, or if they got a new place altogether. It was too early at the moment for that sort of thinking, but maybe by the time it was a relevant question, he wouldn’t be quite so loathe to leave his place. As it stood, leaving was not an option for him. ”Hope you are ok with 1950’s Beach Americana style…it…is very much of that style, complete with pastel appliances and everything. Nothing has been remodeled since 1952.” Yeah, it was dated, but it was exactly how Kurt had left it.

Oh please God, wake me

Oh, God help me

Darkness imprisoning me
All that I see
Absolute horror
I cannot live
I cannot die
Trapped in myself
Body my holding cell"

Relationship: Dating