Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:31 pm
True.

I can see there being some armoring on the fingers, but there would -have- to be an opening between the fingers. Otherwise, if it was totally finger armored, finger flexibility could be a b***h.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:41 pm
I was rather bored last night, and decided to use pimpmygun to make a Star Wars weapon. Using the SS Vintorez (one of my favorite rifles), I made something that looks a little like an EE-3.
Here is the "tactical" one with the grip. The olive green part would be the power pack housing. In this version, there isn't an olive green pack, or a grip.  

Valkore Fraust

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:39 pm
Why aren't slugthrowers used more often? I think they're pretty darn effective. Assassinations (with the exception of bullet evidence), bypassing lightsabers, being nifty, etc.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:03 pm
They also usually have longer range then blasters... But carrying five-hundred shots in 5 power packs weighting around 1 pound is an advantage worth considering.  

stellarmagic

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:16 pm
Wouldn't a lightsaber blade vaporize a bullet though, unless it was made of something like cortosis?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:18 pm
I dont think so, more likely it would melt the bullet but still repel it.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:23 pm
Hmm. What if the lightsaber had a magnetic field? It could bounce them back, no?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:29 pm
I suppose, but I thought they had such a field already.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:35 pm
That what I was thinking, because they need a magnetic field to contain the 'saber', as well as deflect blaster bolts

Technically speaking, it shouldn't be any more difficult to deflect slugs over blasters. The hardest thing is they're a lot less visible, so you can't rely on sight. And they can be silenced.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:38 pm
Basically the Star Wars Rule of Thumb goes that the Lightsaber can deflect bullets, arrows, stones, slasers, plasma bolts, Ion bolts, lightning, and pretty much anything that doesn't qualify as a vehicle weapon or artillery piece.  

Sol Walker
Crew

kefkadragon

Learned Protagonist

31,625 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Redecorator 50
  • Deal Me In 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:59 pm
I love those giant wheeled tanks from episode 2. They are also my favorite vehicle in battlefront 2.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff