Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:39 pm
elvisnake
That's another way that BF2 is less realistic. You can just hit square (Or whatever.) and the nearest enemy is automatically pinpointed for you. Totally removes teh point of camo.

I turend that function off though.

It was too easy that way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:45 pm
You can turn it off? Cool, I'll try that.
Oh, I forgot to ask. Am I the only person here who plays the Battlefront games first person? 'Cause all of the people I know in real life play third person, and call me weird for playing first.  

elvisnake

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:04 pm
First was cool, but I function better in third.

Especially on 2, when you switch to jedi, it means less time for me to adjust.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:51 pm
Oh, I don't ever have to adjust to third person stuff like Jedi, ships or whatnot for some reason. Just give me a lightsaber, and I kick uber a** in that game.  

elvisnake

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:51 am
1st person, 3rd person...

Doesn't really matter to me. I'll usually go 1st though, especially when sniping. I don't do 3rd all that much though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:24 pm
elvisnake
You can turn it off? Cool, I'll try that.
Oh, I forgot to ask. Am I the only person here who plays the Battlefront games first person? 'Cause all of the people I know in real life play third person, and call me weird for playing first.

I play FP on PC but 3rd on PS2. Go figure.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:17 pm
I believe that skill of the player is reflected by how high their mouse sensitivity is.

On my PC, its 87.... according to everyone I know, that's outrageously too sensitive. I find anything slower to be a hindrance.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:38 pm
I have a pretty steady hand, so my mouse sensitivity is really high. My friend always has to turn it down when he plays though. I can't stand it as low as he puts it....  

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:08 pm
i have a prittey steady hand buy my mouse sucks so i have use for force to get it to move so i turned my sensitivity down so the icon doesnt fly about  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:08 pm
the best game WAS SWG (star wars galixy) befor SOE got hold of it and changed the entire game crying
I miss my Trandoshan

_~C.u.R.s.E.d~_

elvisnake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:33 am
Wow, I thought I was uneducated in many facets of the Star Wars Universe... I was playing BF2 with my stepdad yesterday, and when I asked him who he wanted to be, he said he didn't care as long as he got to be the 'furry teddy bear guys.' I'm just glad for his sake that no actual wookiees were around to hear that. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:12 pm
rofl

I've had a similar experience with my friend's sister. I was at my friend's house, and we were playing on Endor, and his sister was watching. She said 'Awww...look at those cute little bears' (not a SW fan, can you tell). After she said that, and we laughed a bit, my friend started killing all the ewoks. She asked 'Oh, are they bad guys?' rolleyes

I kinda wanted to shoot her....don't know why....I just had this urge....  

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100

Count of Moogi Cristo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:13 pm
Aanika_Phaeton
rofl

I've had a similar experience with my friend's sister. I was at my friend's house, and we were playing on Endor, and his sister was watching. She said 'Awww...look at those cute little bears' (not a SW fan, can you tell). After she said that, and we laughed a bit, my friend started killing all the ewoks. She asked 'Oh, are they bad guys?' rolleyes

I kinda wanted to shoot her....don't know why....I just had this urge....

That's hilarious! I've, thankfully, never played Star Wars games with a non-SW fan. Although, I have played them with people who aren't familiar with the EU... although that's almost everyone I know: the only people I know who are familiar with the Star Wars novels are people I haven't played games with. crying

In other news, I believe this is the first post I've made on hte Guild Forum.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:52 pm
elvisnake
Wow, I thought I was uneducated in many facets of the Star Wars Universe... I was playing BF2 with my stepdad yesterday, and when I asked him who he wanted to be, he said he didn't care as long as he got to be the 'furry teddy bear guys.' I'm just glad for his sake that no actual wookiees were around to hear that. neutral

WOW.

lol.  

FrozenPhoenix32

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:48 pm
_~C.u.R.s.E.d~_
the best game WAS SWG (star wars galixy) befor SOE got hold of it and changed the entire game crying
I miss my Trandoshan
i miss it to crying  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games