Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:49 am
They always want more ration packs!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:13 pm
Ain't that the truth. The demand for more and better rations is a fundamental law of the universe.  

stellarmagic

RegalFirebird

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:11 am
FrozenPhoenix32
This topic has been popular amongst SW forums.

The questions is: Why do some Jedi dissapear when they die?

Many peoples' answer to this is "they became one with the force"
However, Yoda AND Obi-Wan tell Anakin that Qui-Gon became one with the force, YET, Qui-Gon Jinn's body did not dissapear.

My theory is that a Jedi's body only dissapears when they are willing to accept death. Here is my reasoning:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Accepted death and, as he told Darth Vader, that death would only make him much stronger. His body dissapears.

Yoda: Accepted death when he told Luke that it was just like a very long sleep, and that he had done enough for a lifetime. The guy was almost 1000 years old, and accepted death. His body Dissapears,

Darth Vader: Accepted death when he told Luke to remove the helmet so that he may see his son with his own eyes. His body dissapears.

Qui-Gon Jinn: Did not accept death when he faced it because he never saw it coming, he was struck down by a Sith in the midst of a battle. His body didn NOT dissapear.

But then I have a question. At the end of Return of the Jedi, Luke is seen setting Darth's armor on fire to cremate it. Now, was that just his armor or was that his body in there too? ALSO, I think your thinking is right, because in Attack of the Clones a whole lot of Jedi were lying dead on the Geonosis area.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:19 am
I've been thinking about lightsabers for a long time now, and I've always wondered: What are those things made out of? I was watching "Star Wars Tech" on the History Channel the other day (total Star Wars nerd) and they did a thing on it. It can't be a laser sword, because a laser blade would just continue to travel in a straight line and not take on the shape of a sword.

But they said it could be plasma possibly, because you can make plasma stop at a set distance and make it glow like the lightsabers do. But they said to get the plasma hot enough it would take a heating generator about the size of a building, and lightsabers are just little things you carry around on your belt!

Any thoughts guys?  

RegalFirebird

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:50 pm
Jeti magic. They imagine their enemies being sliced to bits and a little pretty beam of light materializes and it magically kills everything. Everything that isn't wrapped in beskar, that is.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:04 am
Marvel Iron Wolf
FrozenPhoenix32
This topic has been popular amongst SW forums.

The questions is: Why do some Jedi dissapear when they die?

Many peoples' answer to this is "they became one with the force"
However, Yoda AND Obi-Wan tell Anakin that Qui-Gon became one with the force, YET, Qui-Gon Jinn's body did not dissapear.

My theory is that a Jedi's body only dissapears when they are willing to accept death. Here is my reasoning:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: Accepted death and, as he told Darth Vader, that death would only make him much stronger. His body dissapears.

Yoda: Accepted death when he told Luke that it was just like a very long sleep, and that he had done enough for a lifetime. The guy was almost 1000 years old, and accepted death. His body Dissapears,

Darth Vader: Accepted death when he told Luke to remove the helmet so that he may see his son with his own eyes. His body dissapears.

Qui-Gon Jinn: Did not accept death when he faced it because he never saw it coming, he was struck down by a Sith in the midst of a battle. His body didn NOT dissapear.

But then I have a question. At the end of Return of the Jedi, Luke is seen setting Darth's armor on fire to cremate it. Now, was that just his armor or was that his body in there too? ALSO, I think your thinking is right, because in Attack of the Clones a whole lot of Jedi were lying dead on the Geonosis area.

That was his armor.
The body was gone and it showed that if you watched the film.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:06 am
Marvel Iron Wolf
I've been thinking about lightsabers for a long time now, and I've always wondered: What are those things made out of? I was watching "Star Wars Tech" on the History Channel the other day (total Star Wars nerd) and they did a thing on it. It can't be a laser sword, because a laser blade would just continue to travel in a straight line and not take on the shape of a sword.

But they said it could be plasma possibly, because you can make plasma stop at a set distance and make it glow like the lightsabers do. But they said to get the plasma hot enough it would take a heating generator about the size of a building, and lightsabers are just little things you carry around on your belt!

Any thoughts guys?

The common idea is that its a tightloop of plasma energy being force fed back into the device. The loop is so tight that it gives the illusion of the blade being a solid line of energy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:44 am
I did watch the movie, but it was a long time ago so my memory is a bit fuzzy of that particular scene.  

RegalFirebird

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:45 am
Marvel Iron Wolf
I did watch the movie, but it was a long time ago so my memory is a bit fuzzy of that particular scene.

Vader's body becomes one with the Force right before Luke can get him in the shuttle.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:49 am
That's why I don't remember it... thanks.  

RegalFirebird

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:51 am
Its was right after he said
"Luke...tell your sister...that you were right about me..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:41 am
Kind of how Obi-wan just sorta went poof.

Seriously, that fight could have been choreographed alot better.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:44 am
confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:18 am
What? I'm not talking about on par with the ridiculous fight from Ep III.

Just better.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:20 am
confused  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items