Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:28 am
And down went the Flareon, the Brine's salty effects work devastatingly in this scenario, defeating the fox decisively. "Your heart is strong indeed, one of which may make the Pokemon Entei tremble. May your flame burn bright and true as you face your next challenge." The monk said with a bow as he recalled his Pokemon and stepped off to the side, another monk taking his place, this one wearing a yellow robe, similar to the red one the other wore.

"You defeated my brother in Ho-oh, alas he was only the first of three challenges which shall test your resolve to ring the bell. I shall test the will and determination of your heart, can you overcome what may seem like an impossible task? Or will your heart stay true? That is what we must find out." The monk said as he released his Pokemon, a Jolteon sporting a Choice Scarf around its neck. "Prove to me the will of your heart, take the scarf that adorns my Pokemon's neck, if you can." He told Ryan, the Jolteon crackling with electricity to show its own determination, that it would not allow him to take the scarf with ease.

Back at HQ, Sub would nod at Kaya. "Indeed it does, and so much more. I like to think it would make the legendary Professor Oak gasp in wonder." He laughed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:40 pm
Kaya nodded as he lost himself in exploring the new piece of technology. "Oh! You have any idea where Lykas might be? I wanna surprise him." He asked as he snapped himself back to his senses a few moments later.

"Last I heard, he was out on a training expedition to Hoenn." Odd provided, giving it some thought. "Unless Sub's heard from him since he left?" He directed to the team's leader.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:40 pm
Team Snagem would find their headquarters was now home to yet another hybrid, a young man many would be familiar with by now. Lykas Fenrall walked through the front door, a small cup in his hands, staring it at, forlorn. He gently wiped a tear from one of his lilac eyes, not noticing it was one of his hair!tentacles that had done so.

He approached the nearest couch in the lobby and took a seat, still trying to collect his thoughts. He'd returned early on in the day but he'd he'd been outside, hiding from sight while he tried to figure out how he was going to explain what happened to Odd. Hopefully someone else would find him, or he them, before he had to and they could help him figure it out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:50 pm
With a flick of its...brain, and...closed eyes, the Claydol teleported Arthur right back to Snagem. However, he didn't recognize the room he was in. Then again, he never had a chance to explore. The alarm had went off before Cera could give him the grand tour. There was no time like the present.

Walking out of the room, Arthur found himself walking back into the entrance hall. He never left the main building. Shrugging, he decided to see what else Snagem had to offer.  

Fancy Mr A

Dapper Guildsman

5,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:01 pm
Odd and Kaya appeared just outside of HQ and walked inside together, Odd beginning to speak. He was starting to explain to Kaya who was who and what to avoid around those that needed certain things avoided. Such as doing anything like interfering with a battle Blizz was involved in or hitting on Night unless you were a woman and a tough one at that. If either noticed Lykas as they passed, neither recognized him since they didn't speak to him and the new hybrid was still off on his own in his mind at the moment, failing to notice the both of them, as well. Maybe someone should see what was going on with Lykas?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:28 pm
Sub could be found in his office upstairs, going over the collected data and comparing it to the information he had already gathered from the first trip to the Under, and anything else he had on the place, using all this to form a plan.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Fancy Mr A

Dapper Guildsman

5,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:37 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
Odd and Lykas appeared just outside of HQ and walked inside together, Odd beginning to speak. He was starting to explain to Kaya who was who and what to avoid around those that needed certain things avoided. Such as doing anything like interfering with a battle Blizz was involved in or hitting on Night unless you were a woman and a tough one at that. If either noticed Lykas as they passed, neither recognized him since they didn't speak to him and the new hybrid was still off on his own in his mind at the moment, failing to notice the both of them, as well. Maybe someone should see what was going on with Lykas?

"This map doesn't help," Arthur said as he looked over his SNAG. All he had was a general view of the region, but not of the inside of Snagem itself. He didn't want to explore if he didn't know where he was going. For all he knew he could stumble upon some giant three headed demon that was locked away for thousands of years and unleash destruction upon the world. Just the thought of it made Arthur's skin crawl. What he needed was a guide. "It doesn't look like Cera or Sub's anywhere," Arthur thought brielfly. "Guess I should ask someone else." Looking around, he noticed someone sitting by the entrance. He didn't look to friendly in Arthur's opinion, but looks could be decieving.

"Excuse me," Arthur said as he approached Lyklas. "Could you help me? I'm new to Snagem and need someone to help me find...everything."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:51 pm
"Hmm?" Lykas asked as he was spoken too, dragged from his reverie by an unfamiliar voice. "New, huh?" He asked as he stood up and stretched. "Sure, I can show you around. It's kinda confusing until you get the hang of it, though, fair warning." He offered with a small smile.

"Basically, to start with, this is the main lobby. You got your couches a tvs and whatnot for public entertainment in here." He explained as he gestured around, indicating the "free reign" area. "The kitchen's just off this room as well." He added as he pointed towards the team's dining area, it was huge with plenty of space for anyone to cook anything they wanted. "Granted, I think it's about time somebody did some shopping....Can't remember the last time I saw somebody bringing groceries into this place....."

He laughed lightly as he realized he didn't remember ever seeing anyone bring groceries in. "Anyway, the stairs to the second floor are also here, as you may have noticed." He pointed out, indicating the stairway leading up in the corner. "All that's up there, to my knowledge, are the bedrooms for the team members." He noted as he gave this a bit of thought as well. "The rest of the base is on the lower floors." He admitted as he walked across the room and headed down the stairs. "Coming?" He asked, turning to look at Arthur before he continued down.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Fancy Mr A

Dapper Guildsman

5,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:15 pm
Requiem of Whyspers

Smiling as Lykas agreed to give him the tour, Arthur followed closely behind with Lava and Squirrel behind him. As Lykas introduced everything, Arthur found the kitchen part most interesting. He hadn't realized until then that he hadn't really eaten anything since the day before. It was amazing that with everything going on he forgot what was most important...food.

"I'll be right back," Arthur said as he ran to the fridge. He came back with an apple in hand, since it was the only vegan thing he could find. "Alright let's go," he continued as he ran up the stairs. When he got to the top, he realized that he hadn't even introduced himself. "I'm Arthur," he said with a warm smile. "What's your name?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:21 pm
Lykas grinned at Arthur as he returned with an apple. "Vegetarian?" He asked, knowing full well that it was uncommon to find members of the tea who didn't eat meat. "Nice to find another one here for once. It gets kind of annoying to only ever eat simple things so nobody gets irritated trying to cook for you...."

When Arthur introduced himself, he smiled once again, holding out a tentacle for the boy to shake in greeting. "Name's Lykas. I'm sure you might have noticed by now but I'm a hybrid...Not sure if you've got much experience with us but if it makes you feel better, it's very new to me." He introduced.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Fancy Mr A

Dapper Guildsman

5,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:52 pm
Arthur was happy to know that he wasn't the only vegetarian, but also a bit surprised. Considering all the Pokemon wandering around, you'd think they'd stop eating meat in front of them. That would be like eating a Magikarp in front of a Gyarados. It seemed that sensitivity was lacking in Snagem. Then again, there was a possibilty that the Pokemon didn't care or were carnivores themselves.

Seeing Lykas hold out a tentacle instead of a hand, Arthur shook it if only to be polite. The tentacle felt a little slimy, but that was about it. "I only know about Mew and some blue bird Pokemon," Arthur said as he remembered Cera and Blizz. "If you're like them then are you some kind of legendary Pokemon?" That didn't seem to be the case considering he'd never seen or heard of a tentacled legendary. However, he'd never seen or heard of a Mew or an Articuno either.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:52 pm
Lykas laughed lightly at Arthur's question. "No, no. I'm a Jellicent hybrid." He said as he withdrew his tentacle, it rejoining the other three to form his ponytail.

Once at the bottom of the stairs, Lykas pointed towards a door off to his side. "Over there's the training room, or one of them, at least. I think we have several. There's state-of-the-art training equipment in there including a holographic battle simulator with preset parameters as well as power readout meters to help with increasing physical strength." He noted as he stepped inside.

"Speaking, of, if you wouldn't mind, I want to check something...." He said as he gave some thought to how to program the right settings into the machine. "GRAY, can you set the training room to test the power of special attacks?" He asked of the AI.

"Of course I can. What do you think I am, a toaster?" GRAY's response came over the loudspeakers.

"It'd be about as much help as you are most of the time. And it would stay quiet." Lykas replied. GRAY huffed indignantly but the training room's computer produced a rather sizeable target. "Thank you."

The hybrid stared down the target for a moment, a small orb of water forming in front of the gem on his forehead before a small gush of water blasted from it, striking the target with a powerful initial surge but quickly dissipating. Checking the readouts on the machine, he gave a small sigh. "Yep....I'm definitely gonna be spending a lot of time in here over the next few weeks....."  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Fancy Mr A

Dapper Guildsman

5,950 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:31 am
"Jellicent," Arthur repeated with a click of the SNAG. Turning on the Pokedex, he scanned Lykas and listened intently to the explanation. "Jellicent, the Floating Pokémon and the evolved form of Frillish. They propel themselves by expelling absorbed seawater from their bodies. Their favorite food is life energy. The fate of the ships and crew that wander into Jellicent's habitat: all sunken, all lost, all vanished." Arthur gulped at the end of the explanation. As far as he knew, life energy was what kept people alive. If Jellicent took it...

And what about the sunken ships? Would Lykas really do something like that? He seemed nice, but the explanation was pretty clear about the mysterious disappearances of the crew. What if it was all an act? Even if it was, Arthur knew he couldn't freak out and run for two reasons: he might have his life energy take right then and there & he still needed a guide. He'd still follow, but he'd be on guard for danger. The same went for Lava and Squirrel, though they were both cowering now.

Seeing Lykas use some sort of battle simulation, Arthur was surprised Lykas's attack fell short. He did say he was a new hybrid, so it made since that he didn't know how to use his powers. Arthur briefly wondered if he'd have the same luck with Lava. "Ember," he called out. Peaking from behind Arthur, he spit out a weak fireball that barely singed the target. They'd have to work on that later.

As he continued to follow Lykas, Arthur felt a question rising inside of him. "What's a hybrid?" he asked suddenly. "I keep hearing people saying hybrid all the time. What does it mean?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:55 am
Lykas laughed lightly as Arthiur read up on Jellicent. "I wouldn't put much stock in that for tame, trainer owned Pokemon and hybrids. Very rarely are Pokemon in captivity as bad as wild ones." He told the boy, in an attempt to comfort him.

"Besides that, I still don't know squat about life energy. I eat food just like everybody else." He laughed at this, realizing how funny it must sound to anyone else to hear a vegetarian claim he ate food 'like everybody else'.

As he headed back out into the hall, he heard Arthur's next question. "Hybrids are, well, hybrids of a human and a Pokemon. Most hybrids are created rather than born, through some means or another, but children born to hybrids often inherit their Pokemon genes as well, to a lesser extent." He explained as he thought of Aden. The fairy bird hadn't been around in quite some time and he wondered how he was doing. "Anyway, put simply, hybrids are, at maximum in most cases, half Pokemon and half human. They have the powers and instincts of their Pokemon half while retaining their humanity and all their memories and experiences as a human."

He'd been walking down the hall this whole time and finally stopped again when he reached another room. "Indoor pool." He noted as he pointed inside. It looked to be a fairly large one and he reminded himself that he still needed to spend some time down here. Particularly now. He could learn how to spend more time underwater.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Other Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 771 772 773 774 775 776 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games