Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aiden Swiftcat

Shirtless Werewolf

9,950 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:57 pm
Forcive Habit
This is a message for Shavvy, if he ever sees it. I think I know why I got banned. Yesterday it seemed strange that my gold on this character was sitting at 11k, so I logged off and checked it today, and it's sitting at 15k. I changed my password on this account, so hopefully it stops going up. I don't want to get banned AGAIN, for something I'm not doing. I wish there was a way for users to have an overview of their cash flow... where it's comming from and where it's going and such.

Just out of curiosity Audi but are you using Tektek toolbar? It's been found that if you have a thread watch feature on in it that it auto-refreshes gaia and your gold count goes up.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:36 pm
shoki_de_nai
I GOT A JOB!!! biggrin
This lady from church was all "Hey, I know someone who needs help." And we went to meet her, and I got hired! So, now I'm working at a day care business this woman runs at her house. She needs extra help 'cause she's due to have her own baby soon, and she doesn't think her current assistant is working out, so she'll have to replace her as well.

Anyway...I start tomorrow! 3nodding

Congratulations! =^ ^=  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:17 am
Media Writing is driving me mad, and I've only done two chapters of work.

When writing a newspaper article, you are not allowed to use contractions. I just reread my homework and there are at least 6 of them I didn't catch. I can't scribble them out and write them back in, nor do I have time to go back and print it back out.

Media Writing is a lot like someone saying "We're going to teach you English, except it's going to be presented in the format of the Swahili language." There are so many rules that you have to follow, and so many exceptions to those rules. I don't think I'm going to be able to hack it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:10 pm
Pip is moving to Texas. Tomorrow. Forever.

He's not coming back.

I haven't been able to stop crying except for sleep in three days.  

Katzekinder

Worthy Seeker

Forcive Habit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:15 pm
Neote
Forcive Habit
This is a message for Shavvy, if he ever sees it. I think I know why I got banned. Yesterday it seemed strange that my gold on this character was sitting at 11k, so I logged off and checked it today, and it's sitting at 15k. I changed my password on this account, so hopefully it stops going up. I don't want to get banned AGAIN, for something I'm not doing. I wish there was a way for users to have an overview of their cash flow... where it's comming from and where it's going and such.

Just out of curiosity Audi but are you using Tektek toolbar? It's been found that if you have a thread watch feature on in it that it auto-refreshes gaia and your gold count goes up.

Nope, I have no gaia add-ons for any websites or anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:57 pm
Today was exciting. After waking up inexplicably at 5am, and not being able to sleep again....I got up at six. Dog started choking on something, so I got to deal with that, THEN clean up the mess he made during the night. Nothing like vacuuming at six in the morning.

So, first day of work went fine I guess. Twelve kids, all preschool, split half and half between potty trained and diapers. I can't get all their names yet, partially because I'm not sure all of them were given actual names. <_< Kids were pretty well behaved, in my opinion. The assistant I was working with is definitely more of an authoritarian than I am. I go "Hey could you please not do that?" and she goes "Hey, stop that right now!" Oh well. It wasn't too bad...worst part was changing diapers. Not really a huge deal. Though I wish I didn't have to do them all. >>
I need to learn to speak up, I went hungry til I came home (late) this afternoon 'cause I was too nervous to ask what I was supposed to do for lunch and when she wanted me to go home today. x_x;

On an unrelated note, we were denied for food stamps and Medicaid. Lol, we're not poor enough because my step-dad's house that he's trying to sell is considered a "resource" even though the mortgage is still being paid on it.

..at least I like ramen.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:29 pm
Today is my last day at my old job. mrgreen

Edit: Oh, right, got my new phone yesterday.
heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:16 pm
Yesterday my boyfriend came and sat next to me on the couch while I was playing a video game ("Ocarina of Time", if you're curious), and said, "We need to have a serious talk."

Apparently, his company (he's a mechanical engineer) is looking for volunteers to fly to Saudi Arabia for 6 weeks; they'd be leaving this Saturday, and he wanted to know if I'd be okay with him going.

After giving it some honest thought (slight separation anxiety aside), I said that I know how much he loves traveling for work, but I really didn't feel comfortable with him going there.

He immediately said, "Then I'll tell them that unless they absolutely need me, I'm not going." (which, today, he did)

"You sure?"

"6 weeks is a long time. It's my job to take care of you, and if this upsets you, I won't go."

I love that we can talk honestly about stuff and come to mutually-satisfying conclusions. heart

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Sirus Jin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:54 pm
OMG, life rocks so hardcoreish.

My grades are so freaking awesome, they smashed, bashed and penitrated my grades from the previous year. My new classes are pretty amazing, I like all of them, and the teachers. Except for my typography teacher. Dear god woman, get your head out of the clouds and think straight. She says this and that, and all over the place, it gets so confusing. I can see myself able to do the work, as long as I can figure out what she's saying.

The only thing I hate is my job. But that's just a simple sending out the applications and lookin' for a new one. Wouldn't it be awesome to work at Gamestop?

SO. Things are mega, super, awesome, cool.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:33 pm
Sirus Jin

My grades are so freaking awesome, they smashed, bashed and penitrated my grades from the previous year. My new classes are pretty amazing, I like all of them, and the teachers. Except for my typography teacher. Dear god woman, get your head out of the clouds and think straight. She says this and that, and all over the place, it gets so confusing. I can see myself able to do the work, as long as I can figure out what she's saying.

The only thing I hate is my job. But that's just a simple sending out the applications and lookin' for a new one. Wouldn't it be awesome to work at Gamestop?

Trust me, you DON'T want to work there... =_=  

Forcive Habit

Aiden Swiftcat

Shirtless Werewolf

9,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:53 pm
Hey, What's wrong with working at gamestop? I worked there for 6 months till i had to move and loved it. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:01 pm
Forcive Habit
Sirus Jin

Trust me, you DON'T want to work there... =_=

What's wrong wtih it? o-o  

Sirus Jin

Forcive Habit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:25 pm
I've worked in the canadian branch for like 2.5 years now, an honestly, dealing with the masses omg =_=

Maybe I'm just not a patient person... here's my day at work.

Sunday, mall opens at 11, so I start at 10. Get in the door, the phone rings. 1 of 3 (used to be two) things. "Do you hve any RockBand in?", "Do you have any Wii's in stock", "Do you have GuitarHero?". Now I knwo that thoes are probably the more popular things in style right now... But recieving death threats because we don't ahve any isn't something I need to hear. Now it's 11, and our store has a lineup, on SUNDAY. FFS, go sleep or something. Guess what they want? Get this, even though our store lights aren't on, people STILL pull on the doors and ask us why we aren't open. Look the ******** around, do you see any other stores that are open? No, so why would our be?

Day goes by, sell games, dissapoint people when we don't have it. Have nerdy guys hit on me =_=, dissapoint them. Get told about twice an hour that my store policy on opened returned games is crap and that they want to talk to a manager, when neither of them work on sundays. Listen to people cry over the phone because I can't take their credit card or phone number to buy something. Get yelled at because people are in a rush and have to deal with it. Listen to bratty little kids fighting over the interactive systems, then get bitched at by their parents when I turn them off so they stop fighting. Get told that I'm stupid for not offering more money on games that epople paid 50$ for 7 years ago.

Best part is, you don't actually get to play games. The most gaming you get to do is testing out traded in systems to see if they aren't broken, and immagine yourself at home playing one of yourt favourite games while listening to some random customer b***h about how concoles suck and PC's will take over the industry.

Then it's closing time, and all the other stores are closed, we shut our doors, and people who don't know that the mall closes at 5 on sundays pull on our doors and ask us why we closed so early, like it's a holiday or something. Then, MORE phone calls, since we have to answer them and explain why we don't ahve RB/GH/Wii's in stock and get yelled at when we can hear it even better now that it's finally /quiet/.

Best part about working there, the 15 minute loop video. Yep. you get to hear about Habbo Hotel and how it's sweeping the nation, how new and exciting sports games are, and best of all, the Wii game adds, Oooh, they're soo amazing, with Mario and Sonic, OG, being played for the past 4 months in a row =_=

Now, I knwo it's a retail position, and if i could get the pictures off of my cellphone of how ******** disgustingly dirty the storageroom for my store is, I'd share. It's HAZARDOUS to work there. I've had pieces of ceiling and signs flal on me. Like, hardwood scrollsaw cut signs. But since I wasn't /badly/ (scratches and whatnot) hurt, the company won't do anything about it. Not even send someone to fix the parts of our store that are broken. Int he entire time that i've worked there, just last week we had the burned out lightbulbes, that have been there since I started, replaced.

Sigh, now I'm too irritated to even explain anymore X.x

Just my forewarning to you. you can work wherever you want, I just don't want more people to put up with what I've had to...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 pm
wow my days were never like that. I guess the canadian customers are worse than the customers around me. I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with the company audi.  

Aiden Swiftcat

Shirtless Werewolf

9,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

FogSage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:54 pm
The one I used to go to all the time seemed okay. The guys who worked there had a sense of humor at least.

Work is all about dealing with idiots. That's the long and short of it. Doesn't make any difference if it's at GameStop or what have you, you're going to have to deal with idiots within and outside of the company. When I worked in Marvin's IGA, we were instructed to sell expired food products, but to knock a couple bucks off of em so they'd go quicker. The food inspectors were always bribed, so even when they noticed problems, they'd never do anything about them. We had a whole shipment of milk go bad one time and our manager, lazy b*****d that he was, said that we would not be doing returns and that consumers should take it up with the company who delivered the milk to our store.

It's hard all over. I think I'd rather work at Gamestop than at the IGA. It would be fun to disappoint people and make them mad at me, because it's not my fault the damn game or system isn't in stock. I just sell it, but I can't sell what I don't have. Too bad for the retards who can't comprehend s**t like that.

EDIT: I just watched EPIC MOVIE, which I specifically asked my uncle to get for me for Christmas. It's so mind-numbingly stupid that I wonder what exactly the ******** I was thinking when I wanted it.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 773 774 775 776 777 778 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games