Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meena Reine

Shameless Fatcat

10,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Confused <> Getting Sorted
First Year <> Half Blood <> Single <> Unsorted
Fairy Wing Core <> Oak Wood <> 9 inches

Hearing her name brought Corn out of her daydreaming. What was she supposed to do again? There had been some big old speech about having to put on a... was it gloves? A coat? Oh yes... she had to put a hat on. Just the thought of it was ridiculous - you weren't supposed to wear hats in school! Amazed by her new school's strangeness, she raised her eyebrows and giggled a bit before deciding to shake it off. Hogwarts was a nice place, after all, despite all of its quirks.

She clasped her hands together and lolled her head around from side to side, returning to the world inside her mind that her mother had labeled "La La Land". Yet, she was taken out of it once again by the same voice and words, but in a harsher and more severe tone -- "Unicorn MacDonald!"

Her cheeks grew red as she became embarrassed. Her sister had warned her on the train there that she had better not pull any stunts like that. In her peripheral vision she could see the girl putting her face in her hands.

Great.

On the first day, after just a few minutes of being there, she had managed to be a complete idiot and screw up any chance she had of making friends. After all, nobody was going to want to talk to an dummy like her. It brought back thoughts of elementary school...

"UNICORN MACDONALD!" the same teacher roared. The girl finally realized her task, and hurried over to the stool where she sat down. A couple of the students seated at the tables chuckled and pointed. Somewhere she heard another teacher tell them to quiet down. Her face grew purple as even more red was added to her cheeks.

Then, everything went black. It was time for her to be sorted.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm really weird, and uncomfortable to be around. I tend to be in my own little world most of the time, so I never really notice what's around me. When I'm daydreaming like that, it's pretty likely that I'll start speaking my thoughts out loud. When I do that, people who don't know me give me strange looks. The people that do know me just try to ignore me.

I pretty much make every situation I'm in awkward, be it by my daydreaming or by other means. Sometimes I'll just say the wrong things at the wrong times (such as giving away someone's deepest, darkest secret) or I'll venture the conversation into a path that really should not be taken. When I do this, though, I find that people like to just stop talking and walk away with an angry look on their face.

I mean well (most of the time). I really don't go out of my way to hurt people's feelings or to ruin relationships by giving things away. It just.... happens. It's like I'm drunk - anything that comes to my mind automatically gets spilled out to all the listening ears around me. Because of that particular trait I hold, I was always the laughing stock in elementary school. I don't quite see why people find it funny, though. And secretly, it hurts. It hurts to be mocked and laughed at for something I have no control over. But that is the only thing that I've never said.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:05 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Apprehensive <> Getting Sorted
First Year <> Half Blood <> Single <> Unsorted
Dragon Heartstring Core <> Elm Core <> 11 inch

Through some freak of nature, Unicorn - sorry, Corn, as she liked to be called - had gone before her, and made a scene, as she always did. It was that part of her sister that annoyed the heck out of her all the time. She never really tried to mess up, the same way as Jen never tried to be mad and ashamed of her. It just happened, and there was never anything that either of them could do to change that. Their mother had warned them, before they left, that they would have to deal with it and take it as it came. She also warned not to get too upset over it, though that part was only said to Jen.

So she watched her sister walk up, looking small. Obviously she was flustered due to her slip up. Jen couldn't help but feel bad for her. It wasn't every day that you got a chance to make a first impression at a new school and you mess it up horribly.

The Sorting Hat came to his decision - after what felt like years - and then it was her turn to go up. Her name hadn't been called yet, but she could just feel it. She took the first couple steps right as her name was called. "Jenevieve MacDonald!"

The walk up to the seat was fairly short, and the butterflies in her stomach grew more prominent as she sat herself down. Her sister had apparently held the ceremony - if that was what it was called - up too long and the hat was thrust down onto her head. She inhaled once more, and let the hat do its thing.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a goody-two-shoes. I've always been called that, ever since my first day in my local elementary school. I often rub people the wrong way because of that, and so I've never really had a lot of friends. The friends I do have, though, treat me with the utmost respect, and I try to do the same to them as well.

I've never been daring or brave, and I especially hate taking risks. I'd rather just stay with what I do know instead of venturing out into the unknown. Because of this, I've always been scared about being a parent and dying, because that would mean that I would have no control over what was going to happen next.

A lot of people have told me that I'm very modest, but the truth is that I'm just shy. If I don't know someone, I'd rather just stand next to them and stare and keep some awkward silence instead of conversing with them. I've been like that since I was a kid, and I don't think that I'm likely to change anytime soon.

Meena Reine

Shameless Fatcat

10,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:56 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

AddyAbnormal
I'm wearing my heart on my sleeve,
Feelin' lucky today
Got the sunshine

User Image

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Leah watched as her friend was sorted, feeling nervous as the hat called out Ravenclaw. Fear tangled in the back of her mind, for she didn't believe herself to be smart enough for Ravenclaw. Sure, she was witty when she ought to be, but not quite on her sister's level. So much planning fell apart, all of the escapades the two were sure to enact. Suddenly Leah's confidence was significantly less. Gypsy wouldn't be there to talk to in the common room. Still, a glimmer of hope remained. Maybe, just maybe, all of the facts and stories her sister had told her would score her a spot at the table beside Gypsy. The redhead stepped shyly up to the hat as her name was called, swallowing as the hat was placed upon her head. “Please, please put me in Ravenclaw. I've been so excited to be in Gryffindor, but now that Gypsy's in Ravenclaw I've changed my mind. I know I'm not super smart and resourceful, but I do what I can. Please.” the words were empty. A lost cause. Leah closed her eyes as she waited for the verdict. She imagined her friends at their separate tables, eating the food and making new companions. This wasn't what she'd been imagining. She just wanted it over with.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

My Diary

Emotion: Ready • Action: Getting sorted • Thought: What?!? • Location: The great hall • Crush: Nobody yet • Outfit: Sorting

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Determined. I face every challenge with bravery and I don’t back down. My curiosity is vast and often gets me into trouble. Trouble, however, is not one of my fears and therefore doesn’t phase me much. I am friendly, loud, and always wanting to do something dangerous.

[OOC: Sorry it's short. I'm on my phone at camp and I only have 20 minutes. Miss you guys, I'll be home soon.]

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Hmm.. Ravenclaw you say?
But sadly it will not be the place for you
Your determination,
Your courage. Your Curiousity,
Means you belong here...

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:08 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Mirror Card
{Still scrambling to find a posting style for Alicia. My bad! ^^''}

one love, one house
                                Alicia 'Laleesha' Leeland
                                no shirt, no blouse

Alicia was more than a tad terrified. She had never seen the entire Great Hall before, in all of its splendor. Actually, she had never seen the Great Hall at all. She recoiled as her name was called, even though plenty more soon-to-be students had gone through the same process. As she traipsed up the steps, she clenched her teeth. This was quite embarassing, to be quite frank. She wasn't usually anything like this timid. Jeanne, would probably be getting ready at Beauxbaton right now, and Laleesha was suddenly struck with bitterness that she wasn't at the French school at the moment. Her walking stopped for a moment, and then resumed.

Sighing, Alicia adjusted herself on the stool, waiting as the hat was slowly dropped onto her head. Suddenly, something that Jeanne had said popped into her mind. ... Something about Hufflepuff being the worst of the houses. While she had seen a bunch of friendly people heading into that house, she trusted the word of her foreign friend more than first appearances. Please, don't put me in Hufflepuff...

{People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit crazy sometimes. I really enjoy art. And by art, I mean everything that could ever be possibly described as art. I love knitting, painting, even the art of face-painting. I'm not exactly the best in any of them, but that's not what I think matters! I believe in doing what you want to do, and enjoying it! Since I grew up in a rather secretive manner, not being allowed to have any friends over, I can get really jealous if I see you hanging out with a bunch of friends when I'm by myself. I'm trying not to be, though, but I just really love being with people and hanging out.

Uhmm, more about me? Well, I guess I can get angry easily. I get upset if someone messes with my stuff without permission, and I guess everyone would, but I've been told that it's really bad with me. So keep your mitts off of my stuff! When I'm at classes, I still have my kitty to swat at you! I don't really get why people are really serious all the time, too. I mean, I can understand being serious at moments, 'cause I get really serious about some topics, but all the time? Man, you need to get... Uhmm... Nevermind. I've been told that I can get kinda robotic around some people.... This is because you're probably getting on my nerves. When you do that, I freeze up my face into this permanent little faint smile. I'm trying to tell you in my own little way that I don't like you without being rude. By smiling. Oh yeah.}

Mood: Nervous
                                                              Thoughts: The stories Jeanne told me... Hmm...
                                                              Companions: Bunch of random witches and wizards...
                                                              House: Unsorted
                                                              Year: Numero Uno
                                                              Theme: Sweater Weather

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Difficult, very difficult.
Many paths before you,
and each house will help you in their own way
But you are artistic..
That skill could be nurtured here...

Ravenclaw!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

x - Mirelle

Allegiant

9,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:38 am
User Image
                                        User Image

FIRST-YEAR WIZARD

User Image

As the Sorting Hat began to think to itself, Alicia closed her eyes shut tight, and rocked back and forth on the seat, desperately hoping for a good, respectable house. One that Jeanne would be happy to learn she was in. She bit her lip as the Sorting Hat began to consider all of the houses. Oh please, not Hufflepuff, not Hufflepuff... As the Sorting Hat came to its decision, her eyes flared open, her chocolatey brown eyes lighting up with happiness. "Yes!" Ravenclaw. Her mother had been a Ravenclaw.

Smiling proudly, she hopped off of the stool as soon as the Proffessor removed the Sorting Hat. She marched down the steps, her black robes swishing behind her. She had a table to be sitting at, now didn't she? And Laleesha's year at Hogwarts was off to a very good start. Very good indeed...

User Image

{ Out of Cookies: Posting style credit due to Fireflower11. uvu }

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

✯ ✯ ✯XXIпƨıdε тнıƨ ρʟαcε ıƨ шαям ( ✵ ) ϴυтƨıɔε ıт ƨтαятƨ тσ ρσυяXX✯ ✯ ✯

Mood: Relaxed
                                        Thoughts: Oh thank you so much! My table is over there, now...
                                        House: Ravenclaw, baby!
                                        Companions: A bunch of other people...

Tнε пεıɢнвσянσσd-ƨшεαтεя шεαтнεя
                                        ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:44 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

x-Phoenix Phyre-x
User Image
𝒩𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝒥𝑜𝑦 𝒪'𝐹𝑒𝓀𝑟𝑒𝓀𝑦
`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´

First Year ~ Unsorted ~ Single ~ Muggleborn

Nessa walked nervously to the front of the hall, knowing that there were a lot of eyes on her. She didn't know how this hat worked, but she learned by now that everything unusual here had to do with magic, so she wasn't surprised. She just hoped that it wasn't too scary, having this talking hat on her head. She turned and sat quietly on the stool, chewing her lower lip as she waited. What were the names of the houses, again? Ravenwing? Gryffin.. Gryffin.. Er, Serpentin.. Hobblegriff? She sighed quietly and worried her lip, looking out at all the tables and up to the coloured banners. Which would she be placed in?

Nessa
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a kind girl with a big heart - sometimes too big, as I tend to neglect my own needs in my efforts to make other people happy. I am sensitive, empathetic, and passionate about the arts and learning new things, especially about language and culture. I tend to see the world through rose-coloured lenses, and hold a childlike sense of wonder with all that it holds. Even so, I tend to be kind of shy around people I don't know, and I'm not very confrontational even when I need to be. I would rather avoid a fight than jump right into one - but if you aggravate me for long enough, you will see that I can have a temper.

Interesting..
Very Interesting...
A kind heart, and a good mind.
You could do well in two houses..
But you will fit best here...

Hufflepuff!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

iamWanderlust626

Spirited Elder

8,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:25 pm
Quihnan Seirha Montgomery

First Year • To Be Decided • Single • Half-blood

User Image
Making his way up to the front of the hall, Quinn couldn't help but swallow hard. His hands were fists at his sides, nerves making his heart bang against his ribs as he takes the steps and situated himself quietly atop the stool. He felt awkward looking out over all of the tables, seeing every pair of eyes on him in waiting to see where he would be placed. He had no real idea of where he would go - he had multiple qualities from several houses, which pretty much meant his fate was up in the air. Closing his eyes hard for a second he takes a deep breath, steeling his nerves and looking back out with a mask of serenity. Wherever he was put, he would be the best. He couldn't settle for less than that from himself.

Quihnan
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stubborn, friendly, and do my best to get along with most anyone until I just can't fake a smile anymore. I have a tendency to be blunt, and even though I try to get along with people I don't sugarcoat things. I don't pretend to be someone that I'm not.. I'm real, and if people don't like it I'm the first person to show them to the door. I'm not afraid to try anything at least once, and I enjoy learning new things - even if I'll never use the skill in my life. I'm a quick learner, and not ashamed to mess up.. But I hate making mistakes, just the same.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:31 pm
*~Victor Beausoleil~*

Victor Beausoleil walked into the room, looking around at the place he now found himself in. The place seemed much grander than his families home and he idly wondered who was the decorator.
Whoever it was seemed to do a very good job. Everything looked clean and the smell in the air was decent enough.

Victor watched as the students were sorted and went to different tables, 'So this is how they do things here? Hm...It seems so...low.' He then shook his head, 'At least I'll see what...house they called it? Yes..House I'll be in.'

Victor then heard his name called and walked up to the hat, looking at the seemingly dusty and old piece of head-wear and grimaced as he put it on.

Mood: 'Nervous'
Thoughts: 'I hope the hat is clean...'

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quite the romantic, or at least attempt to be one. I am quite insecure when I fail at something. I tend to be stuck-up at times and I have a tendency to be curious about lower-class people which can come off as quite rude.
I also am flamboyant and try to be dressed prim and proper. I am not the bravest person in the world and have more of a flight response than fight.

Around strangers I can come off as a snob as I can not take...distasteful things such as rags, poor hygiene or unkempt hair. I'll also speak with flair and tend to be dramatic.

Around friends or people I'm close to I'll joke around and in general be much more pleasant than rude. It can take a bit to become friends as I get picky.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:29 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

o White-Raven o
Quihnan Seirha Montgomery

First Year • To Be Decided • Single • Half-blood

User Image
Making his way up to the front of the hall, Quinn couldn't help but swallow hard. His hands were fists at his sides, nerves making his heart bang against his ribs as he takes the steps and situated himself quietly atop the stool. He felt awkward looking out over all of the tables, seeing every pair of eyes on him in waiting to see where he would be placed. He had no real idea of where he would go - he had multiple qualities from several houses, which pretty much meant his fate was up in the air. Closing his eyes hard for a second he takes a deep breath, steeling his nerves and looking back out with a mask of serenity. Wherever he was put, he would be the best. He couldn't settle for less than that from himself.

Quihnan
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stubborn, friendly, and do my best to get along with most anyone until I just can't fake a smile anymore. I have a tendency to be blunt, and even though I try to get along with people I don't sugarcoat things. I don't pretend to be someone that I'm not.. I'm real, and if people don't like it I'm the first person to show them to the door. I'm not afraid to try anything at least once, and I enjoy learning new things - even if I'll never use the skill in my life. I'm a quick learner, and not ashamed to mess up.. But I hate making mistakes, just the same.

Ha! I know exactly where you should go.
You will fit in well here...

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Squeeky Luff
*~Victor Beausoleil~*

Victor Beausoleil walked into the room, looking around at the place he now found himself in. The place seemed much grander than his families home and he idly wondered who was the decorator.
Whoever it was seemed to do a very good job. Everything looked clean and the smell in the air was decent enough.

Victor watched as the students were sorted and went to different tables, 'So this is how they do things here? Hm...It seems so...low.' He then shook his head, 'At least I'll see what...house they called it? Yes..House I'll be in.'

Victor then heard his name called and walked up to the hat, looking at the seemingly dusty and old piece of head-wear and grimaced as he put it on.

Mood: 'Nervous'
Thoughts: 'I hope the hat is clean...'

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quite the romantic, or at least attempt to be one. I am quite insecure when I fail at something. I tend to be stuck-up at times and I have a tendency to be curious about lower-class people which can come off as quite rude.
I also am flamboyant and try to be dressed prim and proper. I am not the bravest person in the world and have more of a flight response than fight.

Around strangers I can come off as a snob as I can not take...distasteful things such as rags, poor hygiene or unkempt hair. I'll also speak with flair and tend to be dramatic.

Around friends or people I'm close to I'll joke around and in general be much more pleasant than rude. It can take a bit to become friends as I get picky.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. It had barely touched his head before shouting...
Hufflepuff

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Billy Rhino

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 pm
Vermont O'Gnarly People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a kid who stays to myself. When I'm doing sports though, I'm in my element; I'm comfortable. I give everything I do all the power inside of me, sometimes leaving nothing in the tank for the return trip, but deep within there's always power to be had and used. This ethic I apply to my school work, chores, and fun, but my self-conscienceness tends to get in the way. I'll avoid things I love when I think others will judge me. Unable to keep myself from wondering what others are thinking, I keep quiet and to myself so I don't get hurt. There's enough pain in going from one home to another as a foster kid. My main goal is to be comfortable being myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:18 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Billy Rhino
Vermont O'Gnarly People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a kid who stays to myself. When I'm doing sports though, I'm in my element; I'm comfortable. I give everything I do all the power inside of me, sometimes leaving nothing in the tank for the return trip, but deep within there's always power to be had and used. This ethic I apply to my school work, chores, and fun, but my self-conscienceness tends to get in the way. I'll avoid things I love when I think others will judge me. Unable to keep myself from wondering what others are thinking, I keep quiet and to myself so I don't get hurt. There's enough pain in going from one home to another as a foster kid. My main goal is to be comfortable being myself.

Hmm you are seclusive
You are hardworking
Very self-conscious
You will learn much here...

Hufflepuff!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:29 pm
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas rolled up the scroll of names and placed it next to the hat on the side of the Sorting Hat and moved them both to the side of the hall. "Congraulations, First years." he said to he hall before he took his seat.

(( Sorting is now Closed. ))

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:15 am
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas stepped in front of the hall. Setting a stool and the Sorting hat in front of the crowd of first years and students. He unrolled the parchment and read off the first name.

(( Please include your character's personality in your post. ))

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:18 am
User Image
User Image

First YearUnsortedHalf-BloodSingleWearing

Joshua waited in line, having pushed past several people to get a spot where he could see the sorting. He was standing near a table decked out in bright yellow, whom he knew to be Hufflepuffs. Grey-Blue eyes rolled in annoyance, angry that it had taken so long. He tapped his foot, until finally ”JOSHUA STROPTHALL THE THIRD” rang out. He pushed past people, storming to the front. With one sweeping move, he sat down, nose in the air like the proper young man he was. Now he just had to be put in his house, then he could go eat. Hopefully the food was good. He didn’t wish to dine on sludge.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm ambitious, shrewd, clever, resourceful, determined, and a complete disregard for the rules. I don't like people, no matter who they are. People merely exist to serve their superiors. And their superiors are me. I am better than all the idiots who claim "purity" as an excuse to say they have any rights. It's not about blood.

{OoC:}

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games