Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:25 pm
Sounds good to me. I'm pretty fuzzy on all that.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:41 pm
stellarmagic
Maybe I should put together another article. Starship weaponry besides Turbolasers.

Explanations of and analysis of the various other forms of capital and sub-capital ship weaponry that is or could be in use in the star wars universe.

This have something to do with our discussion on atomic powered turbolasers?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:23 pm
Well Massdrivers, Railguns, Coilguns, and those also came up around the same time. Its also when I said that Nuclear Explosions in space were among the most beautiful explosions ever conceived.

Nukes in Space  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:41 pm
Well type it up and we'll have a look.
And dont forget to include other energy weapons than Lasers. The Ashla Dreadnaught makes use of a special Triple Solar Ionization cannon array in addition to the stanard turbos and ions.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:31 pm
That's some sort of particle beam weapon. Basically a fusion reactor with an outlet port called a barrel smile  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:33 pm
stellarmagic
That's some sort of particle beam weapon. Basically a fusion reactor with an outlet port called a barrel smile

Thats why you dont get infront of an Ashla.
Thats also why we frequently have to replace barrels.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:42 pm
There we go, ships for everyone.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:29 pm
Second try...

Figured I'd go ahead and make an entry for the Gryphon, in case anyone wants to know the backstory and concept behind my new favorite starfighter...

Entry No: 1988
Subject: Gryphon multi-role starfighter
Capsule:

User Image

The Gryphon is a Lyran starfighter design based off of atmospheric fighters, fighter-bombers, and short-range starfighters used in the civil wars that plagued the Lyran system for centuries, some say millenia, before the arrival of Marr Silvertongue. The starfighter incorporates many of the design elements of the republic's Aurek starfighters, and was perfected in the decade of peace preceding the current day. The final result is a multi-role starfighter that is slightly less manueverable than modern Aureks but a little more durable.

Speed: Fast (7)
Manueverability: Very Good ( 8 )
Shielding: Moderate (5)
Armor: Moderate (5)
Hyperdrive: Yes (Class 2)
Life Support Systems: Yes
Length: 13 meters
Armament: Heavy Laser Cannons (2), Proton Torpedo Launchers (2, under each wing, 6 torpedoes total)

The best Gryphon pilots currently serve in Lady Marie Celeste's mysterious "Razgriz" squadron.
Further details on this squadron will be forthcoming...

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:28 am
Back mounted?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:40 am
Oops, that was before the new graphic. Here, I'll change it...

Although, if I could get the program he used I could put two more on the back...

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:46 am
Then I would have to downgrade the maneuverability and speed.
Also, those guns? They dont look like heavy lasers.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:55 am
Cale Darksun

Neither do the Aurek's. Come to think of it, what are heavy lasers cannons supposed to look like?

The additional guns wouldn't be worth the loss in speed and manueverability. Might make for an interesting variant, though...

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:00 am
Darth Fury
Cale Darksun

Neither do the Aurek's. Come to think of it, what are heavy lasers cannons supposed to look like?

The additional guns wouldn't be worth the loss in speed and manueverability. Might make for an interesting variant, though...

Point taken.
If you lengthen the fusilage, maybe make the rear guns a turret placed on the back and perhaps widened the wings, you could make a bomber Varrient.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:05 am
Cale Darksun
Darth Fury
Cale Darksun

Point taken.
If you lengthen the fusilage, maybe make the rear guns a turret placed on the back and perhaps widened the wings, you could make a bomber Varrient.

Could be interesting...

Anyways, she good to go?

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:10 am
Maneuverability is too high for a ship this size.
An Aurek is so fast and nimble because it is only 9.2 meters long and its wings can fold to maneuver.
This ship is a solid machine, too mass heavy to pull off the maneuverability you think it warrants.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff