Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:29 pm
It's the self-preservation part that's tough.

Make it very " ensure my safety 1st, then do X " and it'll end up eliminating all possible threats just to be sure it won't get attacked, then it'll see humans as being capable of reprogramming it, and that would hinder it, so it'll turn on humans, etc.

Though, what good is any robot army when you make them all process a logical paradox that makes them explode, for whatever reason?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:33 pm
Darkened Angel
It's the self-preservation part that's tough.

Make it very " ensure my safety 1st, then do X " and it'll end up eliminating all possible threats just to be sure it won't get attacked, then it'll see humans as being capable of reprogramming it, and that would hinder it, so it'll turn on humans, etc.

Though, what good is any robot army when you make them all process a logical paradox that makes them explode, for whatever reason?

HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey, anyone?  

AFK Masturbating

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:18 pm
Another good reason why there should never b a droid army.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:55 pm
The Geth from Mass Effect are another reason why a Droid army should never be attempted.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:57 pm
Cale Darksun
The Geth from Mass Effect are another reason why a Droid army should never be attempted.
That's the best example I would give.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:57 pm
Alright. You guys win. For now. Ill stop with the droid soilders stuff if I need to.  

Derpzilla88

General Belife

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:34 pm
well for an army i say we go back to cloning. concidering that the 501'st have been the most loyal of all squadrens. the clones tend to listen well, not big on rebelling and they do one heck of a job cleanin a mess up. the droid army had it's flaws as we all saw and got one question...

if we go to take planets and what not...what do we do if yoda pops that little green head up outta the bush?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:12 am
Shotguns, decksweeper blasters, artillery, grenades, and personal energy shields.  

Sol Walker
Crew

alexthegreat56204

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:56 pm
the gaxaxy is really big.  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:23 pm
if you were to attack a useful planet which would you attack???  

alexthegreat56204

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:07 pm
Considering all the 'useful' planets out there, the easiest to take is probably Bespin.

Plentiful supplies of tibanna + private ownership and affiliation + nominal security.

To put it simply, Sending a Star Destroyer to secure the planet would be a bit overkill. All you'd need is a few CR-70s, and some commando teams, and you can secure virtually the entire planet (or at least Cloud City).  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:14 pm
What do you think is the best strategy for space combat? A few large powerful ships or a lot of small frigates/freighters/corvettes?  

Jaden_Ordo

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:51 am
That's a rather vague question. In star wars, a few powerful ships often have fighter support to begin with so they aren't taken down.

And numerical superiority could easily top even the elite fighters given enough. So I'm not sure. I prefer skill over numbers, but to each his own.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:45 am
I personally would prefer to have my flagship be a large, powerful ship, But for a fleet, I think I could do much more with a large Number of frigates than a few capital ships.  

Jaden_Ordo

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:12 am
Depends on what you're doing. Personally, the rule of thumb is 3 frigates per every Destroyer.

Having the three frigates has a few key advantages. You have more hangar space, and provide smaller targets, that are also more nimble.

However, this comes at the cost of a lot less firepower and defenses per ship.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games