Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:54 pm
"Ya, me too." Odd agreed as he petted A'Capella. "So how are your Pokemon doing?" He finally asked, attempting to change the subject away from Chaos.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:08 pm
"They're doing alright," Keiko smiled, although it wasn't very convincing. "To be honest, I haven't made a lot of time for training them lately, but I let them out and about for a while each day."  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:29 pm
Odd nodded to Keiko's response. "Understandable." He agreed. "I've been neglecting training a bit, myself. Rhythm and Beat still haven't evolved, despite being the first two Pokemon I caught after joining the team. I've been so focused on my Ghost Channeler training and my Ghost-types that I've left them unattended." He admitted, referring to his Klink and Cubone, respectively.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:47 pm
"Don't feel bad. Last I heard, my brother's first pokemon is still an Oshawott. It just takes time." Keiko said with a smile.

After a moment of silence, Keiko speaks up again. "So... how is your Ghost Channeler training going?"  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 pm
"Ya, but I think that's because it wants to stay an Oshawott for now..." Odd opined as he gave Keiko's statement some thought. I've heard of Pokemon fighting evolution because they like their current forms."

When Keiko asked him about his training, he sat down and gave her a small smile. "Better than I'd hoped. I finally have intangibility down and Sensei Amaya has already contacted me about my next training session. She's going to teach me to use illusions." He explained, phasing his arm through the kitchen table without the slightest bit of trouble.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:35 pm
Keiko's face goes blank. She hadn't thought about that. Her smile returns shortly after it left, a result of Odd's eager reminiscence regarding his training.

"I'm happy for you. And a little jealous, too. I've always wondered what being able to use a pokemon's power would be like, but I've heard about how much hard work it is, and how life-altering it can be. I'm a bit apprehensive about looking into it since I don't have a real reason to go through with it other than..."

Keiko stopped herself for a moment. The words 'morbid curiosity' were what she had in mind to say, but it wasn't really appropriate since in involved a close friend like Odd. Not wanting to worry him, however, she forced a smile back on her lips. "Well, just curiosity, I guess."  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:47 pm
"It's not something to take lightly, I'll tell you that for sure." Odd agreed. "I took the challenge of doing it for my goal. Lykas took his challenge because of his own goal but neither of us would have done so if we weren't 100% certain that we wouldn't regret it." He assured the girl as he withdrew his hand from the table and looked at it.

"Curiosity can be appeased by other methods than experience, I assure you." He told the girl with a smile. He was certain she knew better than to jump headlong into something she wasn't completely prepared for, so he felt confident she would stay out of this situation. For now, at least. Curiosity could be a dangerous thing is left unchecked.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:54 pm
Getting an answer from Odd that she expected, Keiko didn't comment on the surety of the paths Odd and his lover were taking. She was happy they had that resolve, but she was happy for Odd already, and told him such, so she didn't feel the need to say anything more about it.

The matter of her curiosity was different. "I know," Keiko said without missing a beat. "I just have a habit of wanting to experience things first hand. It's not necessarily a good habit either," she added with a frown. "I've had to learn the hard way that there are some things that are too risky to experience first-hand. Still, I know enough about this sort of thing that I'm not going to try anything unless I have a good reason." she finished saying, her smile re-emerging at last.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:12 pm
Odd nodded to the girl's answer. "Good idea. Some things are great to learn first-hand but something like this is nothing to take lightly. For a Channeler, you and your Pokemon become co-dependent to an extent." He figured it would be best to get off of this subject now but he couldnt' figure out what he could switch to.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:12 am
"Co-dependence..." Keiko murmured. She wasn't sure if she could handle that. She loved her pokemon, for sure, but to be dependant on one was a thought she wasn't sure how to process. She always saw herself as the one to take care of her pokemon, so the thought of her needing them scared her a little.

She wasn't quite sure how to voice her concerns, however, so she didn't say anything else until Chaos returned, finishing off a clear glass bottle of an unknown substance.

"That hit the ~/~ spot," Chaos sighed as he threw the bottle away harshly, letting out a belch afterward. With that, he ducked back into the kitchen for the sandwich he couldn't quite finish and sitting down where he had left. "So, what are you two on about?" Chaos asked, deciding he wants back into the conversation.

"Channeling," Keiko replied without considering the chance to keep Chaos from getting involved in her talk with Odd.

"Huh. That anything like becoming a hybrid?" Chaos asked.

"I don't think so," Keiko said. "Odd said that, for a Channeler, you and your Pokemon become co-dependent to an extent."

"So, it's like becoming a Trainer, but with more power, then," Chaos retorted.

That knocked Keiko off-guard. "Huh?"

"You probably think that as a Trainer, your Pokemon rely on you. Strategy, companionship, even basic ~/~ like food. But think about it. What are you getting out of it in return? Training Pokemon isn't a one-way thing, yanno." Chaos jeered.

Keiko was struck speechless by this realization, but it didn't really last. "I guess I haven't thought about it in a while..."

Chaos shrugs. "You got complacent. ~/~ happens. It's easy to take ~/~ for granted sometimes."

That thought made Keiko almost reel. It had been so long since she had been seriously involved with the relationship between herself and her pokemon due to a lack of training that she had forgotten how important they were to her. Now that she made this realization, the thought of being co-dependant with her Pokemon didn't scare her as much. She already was, to an extent. Maybe not as much as a Channeler would be, but still.

She wanted to thank Chaos for helping her get a better perspective on things, but he waved her off when she opened her mouth. "You're welcome. So, what's Lykas been up to?"  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:19 am
Odd nodded slowly when Chaos gave Keiko his own explanation. "He's right. Trainers are co-dependent with their Pokemon as well." He agreed as Cadenza appeared from his Pokeball. "The Pokemon might get stronger and learn to battle better through the Trainer-Pokemon relationship but the trainer receives the Pokemon's love, their strength and their protection when they need it. Just to name a few."

Are you trying to scare her away or make her feel like this is a good choice?

I'm working on it. Give me some time. I don't want to scar her to life, after all.

"But with Channelers..... We depend on our Pokemon even more. Nearly to the point of being inseparable. See, without Cadenza close to me, I can use my Channeling powers and if one of us is ever.....well....killed....The other would die as well. A result of our bonded chi." He didn't seem upset about any of this but perhaps he had simply come to terms with it already.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:40 pm
"D-die?!" Keiko asked, her voice shaking with fear and intensity.

"Whoa, what the ~/~? You serious? ~/~ that!" Chaos blurted in shock.

"You're not in any danger of..." Keiko trailed off. The thought of one of her friends dying was nearly paralyzing to her.

"Nah. From what I can tell, this Cadenza of his is a Ghost-type, so the chances of it dropping off are pretty slim," Chaos said to Keiko before turning his attention to Odd. "Unless you use up too much of its power, I guess, but you don't seem the type to take things too far."

"Y-you're right, Chaos. Odd isn't like that..." Keiko said with a weak smile, as though she were trying harder to convince herself that Odd was in no danger of dying than she was trying to agree with Chaos.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:59 pm
"No, no!" Odd countered, waving his hands erratically as he realized what he'd done. "I meant that since our chi is bonded together, We're practically one being now." He explained.

"I have no intention of pushing for more than we can handle and Cadenza's not going anywhere for quite a while." He added as the Shedinja drifted forward and nodded, his whole body moving with the motion.

"We're not in any danger from it, I promise." He assured his friend and acquaintance. It would be a cold day in the Underworld before he called Chaos a friend.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:06 pm
"Toldja," Chaos said with a smirk.

Keiko sighed in relief. For a moment, Odd's attempts to avoid scaring her had failed miserably, but she was stable now. "Phew. I'm glad. I'd hate to lose a friend like that."  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:10 pm
Odd sighed as well. "Sorry about that. I didn't mean to scare you...." He apologized.

"Scare who?" Lykas asked as he appeared at the kitchen door. It would be obvious why he was there within seconds as his stomach growled loudly enough to hear it throughout the room.  
Other Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 786 787 788 789 790 791 ... 841 842 843 844 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games