Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:26 am
I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -Waiting patiently until his name was called- - - 'Kasdeja de Assi!' Sometimes he wished his name wasn't so weird- - - Kas gently made his way to the raised platform, suppressing a tingle of nerves as the hat slipped over his head.

Double-checking himself, he made sure he was seated properly. It was exciting. Waiting once more- - - he had done a lot of it and a few more minutes wouldn't hurt- - - Kas made himself comfortable to see what name the Sorting Hat would shout out.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm interesting, I suppose.

— For an 11-year-old, Kasdeja is more mature in his ways of thought as opposed to those of his age group due to his history. He is intelligent—exceptionally so, but does not exercise it as often as you would think he would. He prefers to observe rather than participate and stay in the background rather than be shone upon by a social spotlight. It is surprisingly easy for him to ‘disappear,’ so to speak, in a room, a quality he uses greatly to his advantage. Kasdeja is quiet, but not shy, and does not mind the company of others though he does prefer solitude slightly more to the former. This is may be attributed to the fact that the things he relates to have not occurred to his usual companions yet. He is polite, not nice, as that is a privilege reserved only for those he holds close or takes a liking to, and apathetic to others in general. With regards to those he holds close, he is unendingly loyal and often consenting to their wishes and whims and develops a great fondness and protectiveness for them. To those he trusts well, he shows a different side of himself, coming off as coy, playful and teasing. He is not easily angered, but on the rare occasions that he is, it takes the form of a razor-sharp, cold, cutting-edged verbal lashing. When faced with situations and decisions, he weighs the pros and cons of each side regardless of the matter at hand— a habit he occasionally regrets. Not one to act on impulse, even when others are on the line, he is considered selfish by many who encounter him at these times. He begs to differ, though, simply stating it as a more developed sense of self-preservation than others. He is capable of resorting to alternative measures to counter a disadvantageous situation, even at his young age, though he does try not to make it a habit, since he is not completely immune to the guilt and other emotions that accompany the results of his ruthlessness. He is rarely violent, is very strong-willed and extremely accepting of many things and is unafraid to speak his opinion and have his say in matters, especially if they concern him, regardless of whether it is inappropriate or not. Overall. He is a difficult person and at first glance, an observably antisocial character.—

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

Sukoshi Doku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:45 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Miss GryffindorK
User Image
User Image

First YearUnsortedHalf-BloodSingleWearing

Joshua waited in line, having pushed past several people to get a spot where he could see the sorting. He was standing near a table decked out in bright yellow, whom he knew to be Hufflepuffs. Grey-Blue eyes rolled in annoyance, angry that it had taken so long. He tapped his foot, until finally ”JOSHUA STROPTHALL THE THIRD” rang out. He pushed past people, storming to the front. With one sweeping move, he sat down, nose in the air like the proper young man he was. Now he just had to be put in his house, then he could go eat. Hopefully the food was good. He didn’t wish to dine on sludge.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm ambitious, shrewd, clever, resourceful, determined, and a complete disregard for the rules. I don't like people, no matter who they are. People merely exist to serve their superiors. And their superiors are me. I am better than all the idiots who claim "purity" as an excuse to say they have any rights. It's not about blood.

{OoC:}

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Ambitious and Clever.
A bit Arrogant as well.
You child dwell with a dangerous state of mind
Beware of where this path may take you

Slytherin!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:53 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Greycast
I d i s a p p r o v e of what you say....

fallenfallenthekinghasfallen / cryingcryingashelaydying / oncetwiceandthricetheysang / hispitifulohhispooryoungmajesty / weepweepweepohweep / weepyepeopleforyourking

User Image

Kasdeja de Assi

1st Year, _________

╚══════════════════════════╝

✖✖- - -Waiting patiently until his name was called- - - 'Kasdeja de Assi!' Sometimes he wished his name wasn't so weird- - - Kas gently made his way to the raised platform, suppressing a tingle of nerves as the hat slipped over his head.

Double-checking himself, he made sure he was seated properly. It was exciting. Waiting once more- - - he had done a lot of it and a few more minutes wouldn't hurt- - - Kas made himself comfortable to see what name the Sorting Hat would shout out.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm interesting, I suppose.

— For an 11-year-old, Kasdeja is more mature in his ways of thought as opposed to those of his age group due to his history. He is intelligent—exceptionally so, but does not exercise it as often as you would think he would. He prefers to observe rather than participate and stay in the background rather than be shone upon by a social spotlight. It is surprisingly easy for him to ‘disappear,’ so to speak, in a room, a quality he uses greatly to his advantage. Kasdeja is quiet, but not shy, and does not mind the company of others though he does prefer solitude slightly more to the former. This is may be attributed to the fact that the things he relates to have not occurred to his usual companions yet. He is polite, not nice, as that is a privilege reserved only for those he holds close or takes a liking to, and apathetic to others in general. With regards to those he holds close, he is unendingly loyal and often consenting to their wishes and whims and develops a great fondness and protectiveness for them. To those he trusts well, he shows a different side of himself, coming off as coy, playful and teasing. He is not easily angered, but on the rare occasions that he is, it takes the form of a razor-sharp, cold, cutting-edged verbal lashing. When faced with situations and decisions, he weighs the pros and cons of each side regardless of the matter at hand— a habit he occasionally regrets. Not one to act on impulse, even when others are on the line, he is considered selfish by many who encounter him at these times. He begs to differ, though, simply stating it as a more developed sense of self-preservation than others. He is capable of resorting to alternative measures to counter a disadvantageous situation, even at his young age, though he does try not to make it a habit, since he is not completely immune to the guilt and other emotions that accompany the results of his ruthlessness. He is rarely violent, is very strong-willed and extremely accepting of many things and is unafraid to speak his opinion and have his say in matters, especially if they concern him, regardless of whether it is inappropriate or not. Overall. He is a difficult person and at first glance, an observably antisocial character.—

.... but I will d e f e n d to my D E A T H your right to say it.

seehiscrownwhereitsadlylays / hescreameduntiltheendofhisdays / hiseyeswideopenhisheadtohang / fatedtodeathbeforehewasgrown / weepweepweepohweep / yourking

mc2

StudiousDemoness

Piera Touko

Sukoshi Doku

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Bright. Very Bright indeed.
Slightly withdrawn and closed off.
But you have a good heart.
You make Logical Decisions.
To me it is clear that you belong here...

Ravenclaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:13 am
Staring up at the midnight Sky.
I wonder what it would be like to fly.
As I soar past and it's a storm in my soul.
Now I'm ready to let go. Now Let's go.
Ready to live the Best Night Ever.
Come with me and this will last forever.

User Image

Ash blinked. All they had to do was try on a hat? A talking hat? Well that was... odd... it was at that moment he heard his name called out "Ashley Barnes!" His cheeks turned pink as he stepped up to the sorting Hat. He had so far avoided anyone knowing his name, yet now the whole school knew his name was Ashley. That girly name! "Please letme go somewhere fun." he muttered as he st on the stool. And then the hat fell on over his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Hyperactive and loud. I can never sit still, According to my doctor it's ADHD but Mum said not to medicate, instead she got me playing football to get rid of the excess energy. Anyway I love playing sports and being active. Oh I also like having adventures in the woods behind our home. its fun to climb the trees and hang there swinging from branches. Oh I also like singing. I'm good a it! What were talking about? Oh yeah! Me! Well I think I a brave guy, I wasn't afraid of no monsters in my closet. Nope.

Let Us Go: Great Hall :: Let's Forget the Pain: Nervous and Excited! :: Just us together: The Whole School! :: Forever together No one. Single! ::

Now Lets Go. Let's Fly. Let's Soar.
And forget the pain that was around.
Just a view of the midnight sky.
And a simple question of why.
I set off and I fly.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:17 am
User Image
                                                  All I know is just you're not here to say
                                                  What you always used to say
                                                  But it's written in the sky tonight
                                                  So I won't give up, no I won't break down
                                                  Sooner than it seems life turns around
                                                  And I will be strong even if it all goes wrong
                                                  When I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe
                                                  Someone's watching over me

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Kayla was once again bouncing in place, her excitement overflowing. She grinned widely at the hat as it sorted the people. Then her name was called. She umped up and sat on the stool excitedly. And then the hat fell onto her head, slipping over her eyes. Oh! Where will I be? she thought excitedly.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Happy, kind, helpful, smart, intuitive, though she can be stubborn and easily confused. I am much like my mother, dedicated and helpful, but I got some of my father, his kindness and ability to react quickly. But I am actually much more than I appear.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

That I won't give up, no I won't break down
And I will be strong even when it all goes wrong
That someone's watching over, someone's watching over
Someone's watching over me, someone's watching over me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:22 am
User Image

It was odd how in a few seconds something that seems rather small and unimportant can suddenly take up all the space in a person's mind. Catharine had walking into the Great Hall with the others of her year without true worry or care. A House was just a House after all and so long as her friends were pleased with where they went, she'd be pleased where she went. She had been sure of this. In her opinion she had bigger problems. Kas's mystery, David's lack of social life and chief among those was the unease she had growing with her about truly fitting into this new world.

Yet as the first few names names were called, she grew worried. Not about her House. Her House maybe her home, but it didn't bind her. No she worried about the friends she had made. David shunned any idea of being a Slytherin, so what if she became one? Would he shun her because it was the House of his mother and her family? Those who played the 'game' he seemed forever to talk about. A game she was quickly starting to feel would enter your life anywhere. Great Witches and Wizards weren't always good.

"Blanche, Catharine."

Looking up suddenly she realized she had gotten so wrapped up in her thoughts that she had forgotten the actual Sorting was going on. Sighing, she glanced around as she headed for the stool. It seemed Kas had been called, which made her wish she had been paying attention. Turning she settled on the stool, the hat settled on her head and she waited. Hopefully this would be over quickly and she could get back to solving all the riddles that seemed to be clouding her head and maybe possible quiet the tiny voice in her head that said this moment could make or break her new friends.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit sharp and not in the smart way. Which I think is just spite talking. My mum says I'm nosy, but I just like knowing things about my betters. Gossip has power, I've felt it and haven't liked it. Keeping tabs on it sometimes makes me sick, but it keeps me entertained most of the time. It's the frivolous things people do and say that make or break a person. As I said, my mum says I'm nosy. I'm not. I just like to know things, hear things, spread things, pick locks to get at things nothing wrong with that. You can experience things by reading them or you can do it by exploring, but few mix the two. I do though. I tend to think I'm a touch more clever than others, but then I ramble on and on it seems like I'm an airhead. I switch topics like I'm mad sometimes. I start talking about one thing end on a completely different point. Often within the same breath. Yet I think it one of the many specially things about me. Trust me, I know I'm special. I've got talents, loads of them. My mum doesn't know, that I knew that I was something extra special. I wasn't sure what, of course. But sometimes odd things would happen...I'll stop here.

[{o.o.C }]

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:25 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image
Sir Spazalots
Staring up at the midnight Sky.
I wonder what it would be like to fly.
As I soar past and it's a storm in my soul.
Now I'm ready to let go. Now Let's go.
Ready to live the Best Night Ever.
Come with me and this will last forever.

User Image

Ash blinked. All they had to do was try on a hat? A talking hat? Well that was... odd... it was at that moment he heard his name called out "Ashley Barnes!" His cheeks turned pink as he stepped up to the sorting Hat. He had so far avoided anyone knowing his name, yet now the whole school knew his name was Ashley. That girly name! "Please letme go somewhere fun." he muttered as he st on the stool. And then the hat fell on over his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Hyperactive and loud. I can never sit still, According to my doctor it's ADHD but Mum said not to medicate, instead she got me playing football to get rid of the excess energy. Anyway I love playing sports and being active. Oh I also like having adventures in the woods behind our home. its fun to climb the trees and hang there swinging from branches. Oh I also like singing. I'm good a it! What were talking about? Oh yeah! Me! Well I think I a brave guy, I wasn't afraid of no monsters in my closet. Nope.

Let Us Go: Great Hall :: Let's Forget the Pain: Nervous and Excited! :: Just us together: The Whole School! :: Forever together No one. Single! ::

Now Lets Go. Let's Fly. Let's Soar.
And forget the pain that was around.
Just a view of the midnight sky.
And a simple question of why.
I set off and I fly.

You wish for somewhere fun?
Fun is in the eye of the beholder,
But I can see where you'd best have fun.
A restless soul like you belongs in...

Gryffindor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:27 am
The Lovely Ice Queen~
R U N E☬☬ S Y B I L

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWrapped in all of the promises that no-one seems to keep
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe no longer cries to herself, no tears left to wash away~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJust diaries of empty pages, feelings gone astray~.

But she will sing~! Till everything BURNS~
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxOne's Lust for Knowledge is never satiated.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Rune had walked in silently and took in the surroundings as best she could, it was a lot to take in at first, but she did try to at least get her bearings, she didn’t bother talking or making herself stand out in the Antechamber. She made a late mental note of the new man that was guiding her and the others around and towards their destinies. His name was professor Brighton was it not? Her Governess that lead her around to get her shopping done has the same last name, she wondered if they were of any relation or if it was just some sort of coincidence? Perhaps they were siblings, husband and wife, maybe? Maybe they were sibling-in-laws to each other? It was hard to tell and she chose not to dwell on the pointless and ridiculous when something apparently so important was right in front of her anyway. She also noted that such a thing was not her business to pry into. After all, she probably wouldn’t appreciate if someone came to her and suddenly started to pry into her personal relations and affairs.

Rune watched as the first person approached the stool where a rather… well worn… hat rested. This was the ways in which they were going to be sorted? Rune wasn’t sure if she should be disappointed or intrigued by what she was seeing. Rune perked up a bit when she heard the hat start to talk! Her eyes widened a little bit from the surprise at what she was witnessing, but the surprise quickly gave way to her mind suddenly trying to figure out how the hat operated and what it would have been used in order to make it. She wondered if the Deputy would allow her to study it closely for a time, try and dissect it to the best of her abilities and perhaps even do her best to create one of her own… she would take up the challenge of the hat, in its song it stated that it would eat itself if there anyone could find a smart hat than it. Rune’s lips tugged into a smirk, she wondered if he would like himself with ketchup or mustard?

Though it did raise the odd question: If a hat ate itself… was that a form of cannibalism?

Moving her mind from the strangeness that, that thought was going, she instead focused on how the hat might have worked. Was it some sort of mind-reading spell placed into the hat? Was it an enchantment woven into the fabric at creation? Perhaps its original owner was a mind reader themselves and the hat absorbed so much of the magic that it took on a life of its own?

There was another curious question: Could enough absorbed magic breathe life into an inanimate object?

Rune closed her eyes, her mind and thoughts were running away with her and she needed to calm herself down a little, there would be plenty of time to find answers to these questions in the future. There was no use letting emotions and curiosity run rampant and in the end allow her to make an utter fool of herself in front of so many people. She kept her eyes closed and her emotions tranquil as she waited to be called. Perhaps it was to Rune’s advantage to go into these ‘houses’ totally blind, she overheard a lot of the first years hoping and wishing that they could go in to a certain house. Hope, Rune had known, was the first step on a road of disappointment. It was better to act and carve one’s own path, free from such wishful thinking that could cloud your reality and foresight when things started to go sour for you.

”Rune Sybil.”

Rune opened her eyes at the mention of her name and made her way to the location of the Deputy and the Sorting hat was. She could feel eyes fall upon her and she tensed under their silent scrutiny, if there was anything that Rune hated… it was being in the center of attention. She would have lived cheerfully for the rest of her life if she never had to be put under a microscope of so many people. When she passed Professor Brighton, she tossed him a quick glance… it was a wonder that he didn’t get frost bite from that look… regardless of the lack of warmth that emanated from the girl, she lowered herself onto the stool and waited to be given a house so that she could start her study of magic.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm: Rune has become frigidly disconnected from the world around her. Rune is a highly intelligent girl who has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. She has a rather personal, introverted nature that can make her hard to approach and even hard to get her to open up. At the moment, she has a rather bleak and callused outlook when it comes to friendship and as a result she is quickly labelled as ‘cold hearted’. Rune is somewhat insecure about herself, with the news that she learned about her dying magical bloodline she has an unfair and possibly unrealistic expectations of herself, to hide these insecurities, she puffs herself up with a barbed, venomous tongue and a keen, sharp wit. This has only fed the loneliness that she has convinced herself that she wants and created an air of mystery about her that can make her unapproachable at the best of times. Rune maintains integrity and principles by moderating actions and avoiding unnecessary risks. Though she does have a vicious temper, it does take a while to reach that boiling point.

Underneath all of this there is a proud girl who is unrepentantly herself, full of focus and ambition that is narrowed but strengthened by her bull head and her unyielding will. Rune hates being the fool, and tends to avoid the spot light in order to spare herself from possible embarrassment. Rune’s ego is very important for her, and as such, there is nothing worse than being laughed at. Rune’s ego can cripple her from time to time because of this. She hesitates to try new things until she is sure that she can do things perfectly. Rune is prone to letting her temper get the better of her when things seem to go against her, or she just falls short of the expectations that she has of herself. She doesn’t necessarily lash out in aggression when this happens but she tends to bottle it up until some poor soul comes along and says the right thing at the right time. It is worth noting that Rune has no interest in the politics of Hogwarts, to her competition is nothing more than Neanderthallic chest pounding that is beneath her. She has more important things to focus on.

House of:
Thoughts: Man… this give the term ‘Talking out of one’s hat’ a whole new meaning. >.<
Feelings: Stoic and Guarded
Theme music: Ice runs in my veins

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhile everyone SCREAMS.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBurning their lies, burning my dreams
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll of this hate, all of this pain
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll burn it all down while my anger reins

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

hjcoffman2881

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:28 am
User Image
User Image
Kimberly Hudson
======================
Pureblood || Unsorted || Eleven || First Year
======================

Kimberly heard her name get called and she stepped up to the seat. Her hair whipped around as she turned around to sit down and smiled. She hoped so much for the one house she thought she could fit in with the best."Ravenclaw, please please Ravenclaw,,she whispered right before the hat went on her head.

======================
Location: The Great Hall || Thoughts: Ravenclaw Please || Company: Everyone || Crush: No One
======================
Outfit

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm
A complete book worm. Yes I will correct you on spelling, the way you talk, and grammatical errors, because that is just how I am. Also I am very OCD I have to have certain things in certain places. My food must always be one centimeter away from all other food items on my plate and I am a complete germ hater. I hate being sick so I haven't been sick since I was three years old. Yes I am a little crazy, but at least I care about my health and grades. I guess you can say I am super uptight and I like everything a certain way. I am serious, one little thing off and I freak out until it is fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:30 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image
Sir Spazalots
User Image
                                                  All I know is just you're not here to say
                                                  What you always used to say
                                                  But it's written in the sky tonight
                                                  So I won't give up, no I won't break down
                                                  And I will be strong even if it all goes wrong
                                                  Someone's watching over me

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Kayla was once again bouncing in place, her excitement overflowing. She grinned widely at the hat as it sorted the people. Then her name was called. She umped up and sat on the stool excitedly. And then the hat fell onto her head, slipping over her eyes. Oh! Where will I be? she thought excitedly.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Happy, kind, helpful, smart, intuitive, though she can be stubborn and easily confused. I am much like my mother, dedicated and helpful, but I got some of my father, his kindness and ability to react quickly. But I am actually much more than I appear.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

That I won't give up, no I won't break down
And I will be strong even when it all goes wrong
That someone's watching over, someone's watching over
Someone's watching over me, someone's watching over me

A kind and helpful heart,
A dedicated mind,
These are all things that will serve you best in

Hufflepuff!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:30 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: plain black robes

I feel sick.

"David Sinclair League" was called and David stepped forward, nervous. He knew himself to know his mother was right-he was ambitious and he could play the 'game' which would suit Slytherin and both sides of his family had practically all been Slytherin but it wasn't what he wanted for himself.

He wanted a quiet time to focus on his studies and Ravenclaw would be best for that he had decided, but the sorting wasn't up to him it was up to the hat. He sat down and let the hat delve into his mind.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm mature for my age, able to pick my battles wisely, and am quite a bookworm. I have always been at the top of my classes in school (muggle school at Dad's insistence-he's a squib) and dream about being a world renowned healer able to save many lives from my skills. I tend to be some what of a know it all and have little patience for illogical behavior. Due to my lack of patience and know it all behavior I have been called cocky when it comes to academics-but I'm good at it and should be to meet my goals of being a world renown healer. One of my faults is that I know what I am good at and am not afraid to say it or let it shine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:44 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

StudiousDemoness
User Image

It was odd how in a few seconds something that seems rather small and unimportant can suddenly take up all the space in a person's mind. Catharine had walking into the Great Hall with the others of her year without true worry or care. A House was just a House after all and so long as her friends were pleased with where they went, she'd be pleased where she went. She had been sure of this. In her opinion she had bigger problems. Kas's mystery, David's lack of social life and chief among those was the unease she had growing with her about truly fitting into this new world.

Yet as the first few names names were called, she grew worried. Not about her House. Her House maybe her home, but it didn't bind her. No she worried about the friends she had made. David shunned any idea of being a Slytherin, so what if she became one? Would he shun her because it was the House of his mother and her family? Those who played the 'game' he seemed forever to talk about. A game she was quickly starting to feel would enter your life anywhere. Great Witches and Wizards weren't always good.

"Blanche, Catharine."

Looking up suddenly she realized she had gotten so wrapped up in her thoughts that she had forgotten the actual Sorting was going on. Sighing, she glanced around as she headed for the stool. It seemed Kas had been called, which made her wish she had been paying attention. Turning she settled on the stool, the hat settled on her head and she waited. Hopefully this would be over quickly and she could get back to solving all the riddles that seemed to be clouding her head and maybe possible quiet the tiny voice in her head that said this moment could make or break her new friends.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit sharp and not in the smart way. Which I think is just spite talking. My mum says I'm nosy, but I just like knowing things about my betters. Gossip has power, I've felt it and haven't liked it. Keeping tabs on it sometimes makes me sick, but it keeps me entertained most of the time. It's the frivolous things people do and say that make or break a person. As I said, my mum says I'm nosy. I'm not. I just like to know things, hear things, spread things, pick locks to get at things nothing wrong with that. You can experience things by reading them or you can do it by exploring, but few mix the two. I do though. I tend to think I'm a touch more clever than others, but then I ramble on and on it seems like I'm an airhead. I switch topics like I'm mad sometimes. I start talking about one thing end on a completely different point. Often within the same breath. Yet I think it one of the many specially things about me. Trust me, I know I'm special. I've got talents, loads of them. My mum doesn't know, that I knew that I was something extra special. I wasn't sure what, of course. But sometimes odd things would happen...I'll stop here.

[{o.o.C }]

Curious. Very Curious.
You are clever.And very talented,
You desire information, not to learn, but to challenge.
You make a disregard for rules to obtain that.
You are a difficult place. But I believe you will do best in...

Gryffindor!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sariwa

Shadowy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:46 am
User Image
ȷᴀsoɴ ҭʜʏɴᴇ

| ғɪʀsᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ | uɴsoʀᴛᴇᴅ | ρuʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ |
| ℩℩ ɪɴ, ʜoʟʟʏ wɪᴛʜ ᴅʀᴀɢoɴ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ sᴛʀɪɴɢ, ɪɴғʟᴇxɪʙʟᴇ |
| sɴow ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀʀɴ owʟ |

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Jason waited impatiently for his name to be called. After what seemed like many long minutes it was finally his turn. "Jason Thyne!" He froze for a couple of seconds then started walking up the steps. "The worst that can happen is that it sorts me into Slytherin. But I could live with that if I had to." he convinced himself as he sat down on the stool. Then the hat was lowered onto his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm an outgoing, fun and sort of a brave (and sometimes reckless) person. I depend on the people around me and I am afraid of being alone. I can come off as arrogant, but I am really very confident. My friends and family are the most important people to me and I am not afraid of defending them. Being with my older friends are more important than accepting new friends into my life.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:07 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Razsminion
The Lovely Ice Queen~
R U N E☬☬ S Y B I L

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWrapped in all of the promises that no-one seems to keep
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe no longer cries to herself, no tears left to wash away~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJust diaries of empty pages, feelings gone astray~.

But she will sing~! Till everything BURNS~
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxOne's Lust for Knowledge is never satiated.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Rune had walked in silently and took in the surroundings as best she could, it was a lot to take in at first, but she did try to at least get her bearings, she didn’t bother talking or making herself stand out in the Antechamber. She made a late mental note of the new man that was guiding her and the others around and towards their destinies. His name was professor Brighton was it not? Her Governess that lead her around to get her shopping done has the same last name, she wondered if they were of any relation or if it was just some sort of coincidence? Perhaps they were siblings, husband and wife, maybe? Maybe they were sibling-in-laws to each other? It was hard to tell and she chose not to dwell on the pointless and ridiculous when something apparently so important was right in front of her anyway. She also noted that such a thing was not her business to pry into. After all, she probably wouldn’t appreciate if someone came to her and suddenly started to pry into her personal relations and affairs.

Rune watched as the first person approached the stool where a rather… well worn… hat rested. This was the ways in which they were going to be sorted? Rune wasn’t sure if she should be disappointed or intrigued by what she was seeing. Rune perked up a bit when she heard the hat start to talk! Her eyes widened a little bit from the surprise at what she was witnessing, but the surprise quickly gave way to her mind suddenly trying to figure out how the hat operated and what it would have been used in order to make it. She wondered if the Deputy would allow her to study it closely for a time, try and dissect it to the best of her abilities and perhaps even do her best to create one of her own… she would take up the challenge of the hat, in its song it stated that it would eat itself if there anyone could find a smart hat than it. Rune’s lips tugged into a smirk, she wondered if he would like himself with ketchup or mustard?

Though it did raise the odd question: If a hat ate itself… was that a form of cannibalism?

Moving her mind from the strangeness that, that thought was going, she instead focused on how the hat might have worked. Was it some sort of mind-reading spell placed into the hat? Was it an enchantment woven into the fabric at creation? Perhaps its original owner was a mind reader themselves and the hat absorbed so much of the magic that it took on a life of its own?

There was another curious question: Could enough absorbed magic breathe life into an inanimate object?

Rune closed her eyes, her mind and thoughts were running away with her and she needed to calm herself down a little, there would be plenty of time to find answers to these questions in the future. There was no use letting emotions and curiosity run rampant and in the end allow her to make an utter fool of herself in front of so many people. She kept her eyes closed and her emotions tranquil as she waited to be called. Perhaps it was to Rune’s advantage to go into these ‘houses’ totally blind, she overheard a lot of the first years hoping and wishing that they could go in to a certain house. Hope, Rune had known, was the first step on a road of disappointment. It was better to act and carve one’s own path, free from such wishful thinking that could cloud your reality and foresight when things started to go sour for you.

”Rune Sybil.”

Rune opened her eyes at the mention of her name and made her way to the location of the Deputy and the Sorting hat was. She could feel eyes fall upon her and she tensed under their silent scrutiny, if there was anything that Rune hated… it was being in the center of attention. She would have lived cheerfully for the rest of her life if she never had to be put under a microscope of so many people. When she passed Professor Brighton, she tossed him a quick glance… it was a wonder that he didn’t get frost bite from that look… regardless of the lack of warmth that emanated from the girl, she lowered herself onto the stool and waited to be given a house so that she could start her study of magic.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm: Rune has become frigidly disconnected from the world around her. Rune is a highly intelligent girl who has an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. She has a rather personal, introverted nature that can make her hard to approach and even hard to get her to open up. At the moment, she has a rather bleak and callused outlook when it comes to friendship and as a result she is quickly labelled as ‘cold hearted’. Rune is somewhat insecure about herself, with the news that she learned about her dying magical bloodline she has an unfair and possibly unrealistic expectations of herself, to hide these insecurities, she puffs herself up with a barbed, venomous tongue and a keen, sharp wit. This has only fed the loneliness that she has convinced herself that she wants and created an air of mystery about her that can make her unapproachable at the best of times. Rune maintains integrity and principles by moderating actions and avoiding unnecessary risks. Though she does have a vicious temper, it does take a while to reach that boiling point.

Underneath all of this there is a proud girl who is unrepentantly herself, full of focus and ambition that is narrowed but strengthened by her bull head and her unyielding will. Rune hates being the fool, and tends to avoid the spot light in order to spare herself from possible embarrassment. Rune’s ego is very important for her, and as such, there is nothing worse than being laughed at. Rune’s ego can cripple her from time to time because of this. She hesitates to try new things until she is sure that she can do things perfectly. Rune is prone to letting her temper get the better of her when things seem to go against her, or she just falls short of the expectations that she has of herself. She doesn’t necessarily lash out in aggression when this happens but she tends to bottle it up until some poor soul comes along and says the right thing at the right time. It is worth noting that Rune has no interest in the politics of Hogwarts, to her competition is nothing more than Neanderthallic chest pounding that is beneath her. She has more important things to focus on.

House of:
Thoughts: Man… this give the term ‘Talking out of one’s hat’ a whole new meaning. >.<
Feelings: Stoic and Guarded
Theme music: Ice runs in my veins

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhile everyone SCREAMS.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBurning their lies, burning my dreams
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll of this hate, all of this pain
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll burn it all down while my anger reins

Hmm I see
You are intelligent, Quite so in fact,
But you are determined to show your worth.
Perhaps it's this ambition that makes you fit here...

Slytherin!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:09 am
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

hjcoffman2881
User Image
User Image
Kimberly Hudson
======================
Pureblood || Unsorted || Eleven || First Year
======================

Kimberly heard her name get called and she stepped up to the seat. Her hair whipped around as she turned around to sit down and smiled. She hoped so much for the one house she thought she could fit in with the best."Ravenclaw, please please Ravenclaw,,she whispered right before the hat went on her head.

======================
Location: The Great Hall || Thoughts: Ravenclaw Please || Company: Everyone || Crush: No One
======================
Outfit

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm
A complete book worm. Yes I will correct you on spelling, the way you talk, and grammatical errors, because that is just how I am. Also I am very OCD I have to have certain things in certain places. My food must always be one centimeter away from all other food items on my plate and I am a complete germ hater. I hate being sick so I haven't been sick since I was three years old. Yes I am a little crazy, but at least I care about my health and grades. I guess you can say I am super uptight and I like everything a certain way. I am serious, one little thing off and I freak out until it is fixed.

Ravenclaw you say?
Yes Indeed you would do well there.
But are you sure?
You are?
Well than, better be...

Ravenclaw!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games