Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Hospital Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x Winter Bunny x

Shy Shopper

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:04 pm
User Image
User Image
【 Feeling: Confused, slightly worried, kinda flustered. Trying to just get by the day 】【Company: No one 】【 Wallet: $960 】

Lilianna's face grew red as Reo called her out and she started stuttering all over again. She was just completely stunned at the moment to be pulled in such a manner, but... at least he's pretty cute...? His sweet whispered left Lilianna's face bright red, but then her mind came back to reality as she heard the long beep from the heart monitor. She looked over to the window sill that he ran to, saying his last words to her before jumping out the window. "W-wait! You shouldn't be moving around so much yet!" Lilianna called out to him as she tried to stop him from jumping out the window, but he already landed on the ground once she got to the window sill. Lilianna leaned out the window, watching him just sprint off and gave a sigh. He wasn't even properly discharged... She mumbled in her mind, turning around and looking at the now empty room and the heartbeat monitor. She walked over to the monitor, shutting it off, then looked over to the coffee table which still had his wallet. The idiot left his wallet... Lilianna scoffed in her head, as she picked it up, and then putting it in her pocket.

Lilianna picked up the rest of his paperwork, and finished filing for him and stated that he was discharged from the hospital. After cleaning his room, she went about working with other patients with a smile on her face.

【 OOC: 】

Remses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:18 pm
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N<|<

[[Designation: Dr. James -- Laird]]

User Image

"You really don't have have to worry Ma'am. A few weeks and I promise you'll feel just fine." he spoke as he left the room with a woman who looked more at ease. He placed his hands in the coat of his pocket, the large man directing his mismatched eyes to her as she looked over her papers. He smiled letting her become comfortable with the information in it before he began to walk with her. A little illness, nothing more but people tended to worry about these things.

Once they got far enough he stopped in place as she was ready to leave on her own "If you feel anything else is off just give me a call. I'm here pretty much all the time." he said as she moved away. He looked at his P.O.E.T. to check the time. It wasn't a busy day, and that was a good day all in all. Nothing in the way of emergencies or the like just some check ups, consolations, and follow ups. He liked a well running hospital.

He moved away, heading to the counter to ask the nurse for some paperwork for another patient he was to visit. A calm enough day. Once he got what he needed he began to make his way there before coming across the sight of a white-haired woman just looking around. She seemed familiar. It took him a moment to realize it was one of the staff.

He moved over, though looking over the paperwork. It was on the way and he felt it important to engage with staff even outside of training and questions. Hello Miss. Lin. Are you having a good day? he thought to her hoping her mind was open enough to hear him.

User Image

C.L: [Soleil Hospital] __ C.A: [N/A] __ C.M: [977$] __M.S: [Single] __C.W.: [Doctor's Coat]

Falling Scattered Petals

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

Falling Scattered Petals

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Pain: - "What I should expect if I plan on bringing larger objects without having to lug them around" | Mood: Calm but nervous | Company: | Previous Post:

Items at hand:

Sleeves
    • Fuxiao the sword

~{{((-------------------------------))}}~

Oh, her boss is talking to her. Lin Jixue breathed in a little more sharply than would be considered normal, half in surprise of being approached but otherwise still calm. "Salutations, sir. I believe I cannot quite say yet. It is quite early to know." She offered.

"As this old body has only come back to this kind of practice, this inexperienced one is not quite sure if my knowledge in certain areas is updated for this point in time." She admits. The immortal's resume probably had a lot of years on her, but from how long she's been around in this earth, she was sure that at this point her sense of time was distorted. What would be a long amount of time for others felt a lot more like blinking the longer she lived. She looked young, she knew- but more often than not her general demeanor and style of speech gave it away.

"That and.... Patients. Since I have only just started here, I figured it would be a good idea to see what I could do until people actually start being under my care. I do really good with nutrition and I can cook so I could probably make the meals of patients in confinement and I can work a little bit in the pharmacy unless someone comes through the emergency room."

~{{((--------------------------------))}}~

Family Name: Lin (林) Birth Name: YinRou (陰柔) Courtesy Name: JiXue (积䨮)
Residence: 1501 Lumiere Housing District

Concentration (1 )
  • (sustain)sleeves(inside/outside) - storage - 2/--

Causes of Pain and appropriate pain modifiers log:

>Cause of Pain - Modifier Added - Stacking if applicable
>The usual headache - +1 - x1
>storage sustain - +1 - x1
--------------------------------------
Total: 2

//OOC:
asbloodrunscold

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:57 pm
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N<|<

[[Designation: Dr. James -- Laird]]

User Image

He listened to her speak able to sense how nervous and unsure she was with her position so far. He figured she would be alright though, her vibrations seemed quite attuned for medical care even if talk of such things wouldn't matter to much but him. He simply looked over his papers and then her, making sure she knew the aliens attention was on her. He allowed her to explain what her reservations were, a gentle smile on his face as she looked down.

Her file did say she was quite old, but to his knowledge her age was only into the thousands. It wasn't that long to him, but he guessed a Terrans perception of time was a lot more grounded. He only nodded his head for a moment. He looked about Well Miss Lin if you are not on call the nurses would love to have your help. You had a glowing resume and while its not modern medical care, the nature of Soleil allows me some leeway in the hiring of staff. You needn't worry. he assured her especially since his own methods for care were not exactly the same the humans used.

He looked over his papers again Well if you feel that is best for you I don't quite have a schedule or anything of the sort printed out for you. I would suggest you just look at the general round schedule and follow that until you form a routine yourself. the alien would motion over to the board which had a list of patients not yet seen, and things to do that she could partake in.

Patients are always happy to have a doctor interact, and nurses are always asking questions so don't be afraid to interact. Plenty to do.
the alien doing his best to be encouraging to the new doctor. He thought for a moment I am on my way to see one right now. Would you like to attend with me? Its a routine check-up. he was glad the hospital was at least used to his mental speak, and someone of her background was probably used to it too. He did still have to warn patients every now and then but he had cards to make it clear that he could hand out before interacting.

User Image

C.L: [Soleil Hospital] __ C.A: [N/A] __ C.M: [977$] __M.S: [Single] __C.W.: [Doctor's Coat]

Falling Scattered Petals

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:36 pm
x
x
x
x
sυиםαч, sєρтємвєя ⑨тн

םαч ⑦ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ③③⑥
( ⑪ мσитнs, ② םαч )

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:52 pm
User Image
User Image
【 Feeling: Tired 】【Company: No One 】【 Wallet: $1410 】

Lilianna gave a stretch as she finally caught some time to relax a little before it got busy in the hospital. She gave her eyes a rub, followed up by a yawn as she looked around in the empty hallways. It was quiet, with some muffled beeping of monitors. She wandered down the halls, checking to see everything was going smoothly, as she would hope the rest of the day would. Lilianna started pushing around carts to the patients, administering their medications and checking up on their blood pressure. After making her rounds, she looked down at the empty cart, then into the room that she carried that man in that fell from the hotel. She entered into the room, which was now cleaned out and vacant. She walked over to the window that he jumped out of, and peered down, but of course there wouldn't be a sign of him. She rubbed her fingers against her temple, walking back out of the room, but then tripping over the empty cart and started cursing under her breath as she quickly tried to grab on to something to catch her fall, only to knock over the cart. "It looks fine..." Lilianna grumbled as she started to push the cart down the hall, slightly with a limp as she tried to gently rub the ribcage area that hit the cart when she fell, grumbling to herself.

【 OOC: xxx 】

x Winter Bunny x

Shy Shopper

7,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Falling Scattered Petals

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:00 am
Pain: - -breaks into cold sweat- "This is nothing." | Mood(if Character sprite is not yet available): pitying patients | Company: Patients | Previous Post:

Items at hand:

Sleeves
    • Pen + Paper
    • Fuxiao the sword

After a few days of working here, she realized that she had slowly become popular with the senior citizens- she was among her folks after all- though some of her patients had moderately outdated views on race and gender. She wouldn't fault them for sticking with what they were raised to believe, however. She found very little problem with the idea of human sacrifices to the gods or their ancestors, but in the current era it was considered inhumane, inethical and immoral. She figured it was a similar generation gap. She merely chose to remain respectful, understood that what she found acceptable might not agree with another person's idea of acceptable and chose to simply not mention them for the purpose of maintaining peace. The slow rise in popularity with the local senior citizen population would probably lead to a very fast decline in her statistics as a medical practitioner, but that was to be expected when you interact with those who were at a stage in life where a decline in health was the only thing that could be expected whether the decline would be over a few weeks or a few years.

"Aiyaa, madam, I'm afraid you'll have to cut down on your sugar. You're very close to developing diabetes. It's not uncommon in your age, but I think you would not want your diet to be restricted because of health." She explains to an old lady. Madam usually made the older women happy, it made them feel high-class. For her, it was just the standard way of addressing an older woman. She internally sighs. These westerners and their diets, they should really eat more vegetables. Then again, she came from a culture where every part of most domestic animals were eaten and vegetables were abundant and tasty. The patient tries to make excuses for her diet. Lin Jixue looks to her husband grimly before saying. "If you can find a source for it, I suggest you start having lots of bittermelon or as some would call it bittergourd in your diet. Also, please get an insulin plant if you can. Your wife is prediabetic. She isn't there yet, but she will if you don't regulate her sugar in-take. Getting an insulin plant to regulate her blood sugar will be infinitely cheaper than actually developing diabetes and having to pay for continuing treatment that you would continue to pay for until she dies." The wife looks at her in outrage. She remains calm. "Look, ah, being sick is unpleasant and you both have your share of maintenance medications. But some things can be prevented. Please have more veggies if you can. One big filling veggie dish a day will help greatly. If you go to an asian restaurant with rice meals, you can instead have a veggie side per meal." She sighs. She watches the old couple argue. These two were nearing their eighties. She keeps her smile of pleasantries. 'Most humans die by then' She thinks grimly. The appointment eventually concludes and she lets loose a sigh. Her boundary manipulation abilities and her spiritual senses told her the wife would probably go first, but it would probably be a long time- or at least by mortal human's standards.

'Twas just another day of work.

Things that only matter when in a fight or when casting lots of spells at once

Concentration ( # of things being concentrated on )
  • (prep/sustain)What boundary am I playing with?(boundary between what/and what?) - effect - duration
  • (sustain)Sleeves(Inside/Outside) - Storage - 1/-

>the usual - +1 -x1
>storage spell sustain - +1 - x1
>in a place surrounded by boundaries that are constantly being breached (rooms) and moved - +2 - x1
Total: 4

//OOC:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:25 pm
x
x
x
x
тυєsםαч, sєρтємвєя ②⑤тн

םαч ② σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

םαч ③⑤②
( ⑪ мσитнs, ⑱ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Falling Scattered Petals

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:12 pm
Pain: - "Not worth my attention" | Mood(if Character sprite is not yet available): Melancholic | Company: Anyone else in the hospital breakroom? | Previous Post:

Items at hand:

Sleeves
    • Pens
    • Paper
    • wallet

handheld
    • Shizhong the spear, wrapped in cloth to not look like a spear
    • 2 baskets, with 2 steamers' filled with steamed buns in each basket

Today was her daughter's second centennial death anniversary. It was usually a sad day of mourning for Lin Yinrou, that being said she could not afford to be complacent. Her harvest was bountiful to the point of excess this season; hence, cooking away her sorrows was something she had done before coming to work- it was way beyond what a person who lived alone could feasibly finish before spoilage. She wrapped Shizhong's pointy end in cloth then shafted it onto baskets like one would expect someone to carry over the shoulder then climbed on top of the spear, standing balanced as it flew low, flying in accordance to traffic laws. She must have been a sight on her way to work- a person balanced on a flying stick with one basket on each end.

Stopping at the front of the hospital's main entrance, she walked in with the spear on her shoulder. She stopped by the breakroom and unshafted her spear from the baskets, before stuffing the (disguised) weapon into her sleeve. She went to work unpacking the contents of the baskets, revealing 4 steamers filled with various baozi as the smell of freshly steamed buns permeated the room. "Barring people with gluten-free diets, today's lunch is on me." She announced.

Things that only matter when in a fight or when casting lots of spells at once

Concentration ( # of things being concentrated on )
  • (prep/sustain)What boundary am I playing with?(boundary between what/and what?) - effect - duration
  • (sustain)Sleeves(Inside/Outside) - storage - 1/-
  • (sustain)Spear Flying - using her spear as a motorcycle - 1/1

>The usual headache - +1 - x1
>Spear flying - +1 - x1
>Storage spell - +1 - x1
Total: 3

//OOC: Anyone who stops by the hospital today can get one >w<
LordJaxTheSadistic

asbloodrunscold

Remses

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:47 pm
x
x
x
x
sυиםαч, σcтσвєя ②①sт

םαч ⑦ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

םαч ③⑦⑧
( ① чєαя, ⑬ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:04 pm
User Image

C E R E Sxxx C A L I S T O
The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The drive from Etoile housing district to Soliel Hospital went rather quickly. Luck was on their side since there wasn't much traffic going through Uptown, so that was a plus! After the cab fair was paid, the two made their way into the lobby area to talk with the receptionist. The whole time, Ceres had her hand intertwined with Driz's. It was not only a comfort mechanism for her, but she knew how much her husband-to-be disliked the hospital in general. She figured if she stayed close to him then he would also feel a bit more at ease. After getting signed in with the receptionist up front, the Dryad was handed a small clipboard to fill out any general information which was to be given to whatever nurse called her up for her medical assessment.

The waiting time felt like forever, but soon enough, Ceres name was called to head back towards one of the examination rooms. The nurse that was assigned to her got her general body weight and temperature before the doctor came in to speak to her. " Okay, ma'am. What seems to be the problem today? " The doctor could already tell that Ceres wasn't feeling too well based on how pale her face seemed. " I've just been really nauseous lately. I can barely hold anything down besides water. You think it's a stomach bug? " " Hmmm... I'm not quite sure, but we'll run some quick tests on you and try to get down to the bottom of this, okay? " After that was said, the nurse returned with a few items for the tests they were going to do. " Alrighty, first off, we're gonna do a urine analysis. Here's the cup. We're also going to have to do a blood test, just to make sure. " The syringe with the needle as well as a small test tube were placed on a silver tray that was on the counter in the room. Already Ceres was pretty nervous about that, but if it had to be done then there wasn't much she could do.

Following the nurse to the bathroom, Ceres did as told to fill up the cup before returning to the room. Next was the hard part. She was always a bit wary of needles, but she stayed brave! The doctor got her as calm as possible as she talked Ceres through the whole process. A rubber cord was tied around the upper portion of her arm as the area where she was going to get stuck by the needle was cleaned off with an alcohol wipe. " Okay, it'll just be one little pinch and then we'll be done, okay? Just keep your arm relaxed now. " The doctor's voice was very calming and she gave her as much reassurance as possible while inserting the needle into a vein in Ceres's arm. The Dryad cringed a bit but the pain wasn't really all that bad. She just did her best not to look at the needle and kept her eyes up at the ceiling.

Once the doctor had enough blood to fill the small test tube, she cleaned off the area once more before sticking a fun little bandaid over the injection site. " Good job! I'm gonna take these to our lab, so you two sit tight and I'll be back with results. "

☆ mood: Nauseousxxx☆ company: Drizxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:59 pm
[quote"Cho-Cho Twain"]

User Image
`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´
A Secret Missive I Am A Drow My Voice Home Base: 1110 Etoile District My Occupation: Potions Cashier
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

Bringing a bag, now that was a smart idea. He really should have thought of that, but perhaps that was just a sign of how worried he was: even he was starting to get a bit frazzled and forgetful. He let her lean up against him if she wanted, and if she did, he wrapped his arm around her gently, trying to make her feel as comfortable as was possible for a moving vehicle. The ride to the hospital was shorter than he thought, but once there he quickly paid the driver, not bothering with exact amount so long as it was enough to cover. She took his hand as she glided into the lobby of the hospital, her balance much better now, though he was ready to jump in and catch or stabilize her as needed. The receptionist asked her some questions, then handed over a clipboard with paper covered in words on it. A new sort of panic set in: could she fill it out herself, or would she need him to do it? At least she knew about his literacy issue, but the doctor definitely would not assume such a thing. Would they take Ceres away somewhere and make him fill out paperwork by himself? Actually, the taking her away part was the most terrifying, but having to read and write in common on his own was its own sort of horror. For now though she was holding his hand, possibly finding comfort in his presence, but most definitely allaying some of his fears. It seemed like an eternity before they called his little lotus back, all the while he had been thinking: ”What in Avernus is taking them so damn long!? Don’t they believe in triage? Obviously she needs to be seen to before any of these whelps.” He kept his cool though lest he upset his baby girl.

Heading back to the examination room, he made note of the path they had taken, security measures, and alternate routes, just in case they were ambushed by more people than he could handle. Or, in case he had to kill a few and they needed to make a speedy getaway. Either was possible. The scale was fine, he knew what they did, and there was little chance it had been rigged to do anything other than calculate one’s weight. He didn’t look at the number, even though he certainly wanted to; it was impolite to ask or snoop about another’s weight, but at the same time he was worried about how much she might have lost. His girl was a solid oak, not a scraggly little weed, and he never wanted that to change. The thermometer was questionable as he could not guarantee that it had not been coated in anything, but even he had to admit that seemed really unlikely. The doctor was a female. Yes it meant there was not going to be a strange man surveilling her, but at the same time he felt a bit less powerful. Ceres had told him the sexes were equal here, but it was still a novel concept to him, one that would take a long time to grow comfortable with. As it stood, he was the lone male in a room with three women, yet he was trying to defend one against the other two. Back home he would have been so dead. The needle was clearly empty, which made him relax ever so slightly, but he could feel the tension coming from her. He gave her hand a reassuring squeeze before she was lead away somewhere.

Oh no. She was being taken elsewhere and the nurse had definitely pushed the door closed after they left. Nope. No. This was not good. The instant her steps faded away, the tension in him began to mount. He had been standing the whole time anyway, but now he stood rigid, tensed up to take a beating yet coiled so he could bolt whenever need be. His eyes refused to settle upon any one subject for long rather they constantly darted across the room, though at least no one could see that through his sunglasses. HIs ears stood rigid as well, though every now and again the tips would twitch as he put his superior hearing to use, trying to pick up even the inaudible sounds of the place. But the worst detail by far was that he was fingering something hidden within his shirt. The casual observer might not understand the significance, but Ceres would: he had a hand on a dagger, and any errant sound or flicker of movement would have him drawing said weapon in a flash and training it on the nearest potential adversary. He remained poised for action, only letting down his guard once Ceres was back in the room and he could tell no harm had been done to her. Next up was the needle, and this time it was he who needed to give the reassurance. He took his place at Ceres’s side, holding her hand gently in his and stroking it gently. As the needle was removed, he whispered to her, ”that’s my brave, beautiful wildflower.” He didn’t extend the comment for the moment, not wanting the doctor to learn anything about them that was not necessary for a diagnosis. Once the two were alone in the room however, he sang a few more of her praises. ”You’re doing so well my love. So much braver than me. I’d be all nerves without you.” He planted a soft kiss upon her cheek before hopping up onto the table beside her. She could use him in whatever way made her feel most comfortable, though he would get off and return to his corner of observation when the doctor came back in.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Comrades: Ceres My Status: Engaged to Ceres Calisto Demeanor: Nervous to Nervous af Pain: ⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎ Obviously Obsessed with Ceres: __

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cho-Cho Twain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:30 am
User Image

C E R E Sxxx C A L I S T O
The Protective Dryad
Dryad Form:
User Image

Who doing a few tests would wear her out so quickly? Man, something must be wrong. She was anxious as all hell, but at least with Drizyrr near her she could feel somewhat at ease. It almost seemed like forever... again as they both waited for the doctor to return. As her fiance sat up on the examination table with her, Ceres immediately went to rest her head on his shoulder. Whatever illness she had, it made her feel incredibly tired. She couldn't wait to get whatever medicine she needed to rid herself of this miserable feeling. " Ugh... the longer I'm here like this the more anxious I get. I just don't wanna look like a baby in front of them, ya know? " The tired dryad said as she closed her eyes for a moment. She would've nearly fallen asleep if their room door hadn't opened again.

Sitting up straight and opening her eyes, Ceres watched as the doctor came in with a few papers of test results while a smile on her face. " Good news! You don't have a stomach bug. " She said cheerfully as she took her seat. Of course, she chuckled as she saw the confused look on the dryad's face. " It's not? So... what is it then? I can't just be feeling like this out of nowhere. " In that moment, the doctor handed over the papers, the end results of the tests highlighted and circled. Amber eyes read over the notes carefully only for them to widen in surprise as her cheeks began to look flushed. It was exciting news for her! It was her dream to start a family of her very own. However... she was a bit worried at how Driz would take it. He mentioned having a lot of children in the Underdark, but it wasn't necessarily part of his wishes. It was a basic duty that he had to fulfill in order to not be killed. " A-Are you sure?! This isn't fake? " Shaking her head, the doctor gave the two a sweet smile. " Test results don't lie. Congratulations. You two are going to be parents~ "

Being pregnant definitely explained her being so sick all the time. Even so, she still couldn't wrap her head around it. She never imagined herself being pregnant now. She just assumed it would happen later down the line like... maybe a few years after their wedding or something. Overall, she just hoped that maybe Driz was as happy as she was...

☆ mood: Surprised || Excited || Nervousxxx☆ company: Drizxxx☆ house: 1118 Etoilexxx☆ ooc:

Katze Allemon-Schatten

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:43 am
Cho-Cho Twain

User Image
A Secret Missive I Am A Drow My Voice Home Base: 1110 Etoile District My Occupation: Potions Cashier
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder as she leaned up against him. ”You aren’t going to sound like a baby, my sweet sapling. Everyone has different reactions to things, and they can’t possibly know how exactly it feels for you. Besides, if they make fun of you I will cut their tongues out and make them swallow them whole…or suffocate, whichever.” Huh, maybe breaking out in murder wasn’t the best idea, but at least it let her know he was definitely there for her. ”I’m anxious as well. I worry about what has been ailing you, and I admit, when you were gone just now I was very close to breaking out of the room and tracking you down. I probably would have stabbed someone by now if you weren’t here protecting me.” He kept cuddling her, letting her nuzzle in as close as she wanted; there was no need for both of them to be on high alert whilst the doctors were away performing their incantations or divinations or rituals, it would probably take a long time and Ceres was not in a condition to keep watch. However, long before he thought a conclusion could have been reached, there was a knock at the door. His eyes trained upon the portal, ear tips twitching ever so slightly he waited for whomever to enter the room, equally ready to cover Ceres, launch an attack, or calm down. Seeing the doctor and nurse walk in, he opted for calming down.

As soon a Ceres let go of him, he hopped (or rather, gracefully slid and softly landed) from the table and stood just to the side where he could survey the whole scene. Ceres most assuredly had the more rational reaction to the doctor's comment. Driz was about to go in for the threat, something along the lines of "you damn well better not think she is making this up or I swear I will slit your throat so fast you won't have time to scream." But instead Ceres reiterated something had to be wrong, even if it was not a bug and the doctor handed her over several papers. He looked towards her anxiously, trying to read her expression for clues. Her reaction utterly confused him. She was surprised, that wasn't hard to read at all, yet she also seemed...happy? What sort of ailment could she possibly have that would make her happy? Now he was hanging on to every word that was said, desperate for someone to tell him what was going on. Veracity of the report was called into question, veracity confirmed and what-
-wait, she hadn't really just said-
-no, she definitely had. His eyes glazed over as he tried to process the information he had just heard. The question reverberating in his skull was a simple one: how? His youngest was only twelve, there was no way he could have sired another so soon, yet he knew she wouldn't cheat on him, and they had been together long enough that the issue would have arisen a while ago if it was a previous mate, so there was no doubt in his mind that the child was his. As the truth cemented itself into his skull, he could feel himself losing touch with reality as the room seemed to fly further and further away, leaving him in a dark vacuum. And then there was this sinking feeling as if…wait no, that wasn’t purely in his head. Fortunately, the nurse had made a move to catch him, and the thought of a woman he did not know touching him was as shocking as ice, like an icy grip on his brain preventing it from burning through the thoughts. His legs had given out on him, and he was just barely able to gather his wits again and grab onto the table to steady himself. Not a good first reaction. But as he pulled himself up straight, a big, goofy, obvious smile graced his lips (some might have called it homicidal, but there was a softness which denoted it as a happy grin). Leaning against the table as he made his way around, he stopped directly in front of her. His hand trembled as he raised it up and over, his fingers slithering past her shirt so that his hand right against the skin of her belly. ”You took me in, gave me a life worth living, saved it, and now you have blessed me with a child. Truly Ceres, you have made me the happiest man in all the universes.” Still, there was one thing on his mind that he would really like to know; without even turning to look at the doctor, he quietly asked ”H-how far along is she?” It was so much at once, but he couldn’t have asked for a better sunset of his life.

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Comrades: Ceres My Status: Engaged to Ceres Calisto Demeanor: Nervous/Homicidal || Ecstatic Pain: ⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎⚕︎ Obviously Obsessed with Ceres: __

chibi

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Dapper Romantic

16,025 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff