Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 796 797 798 799 800 801 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red August

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:00 am
Red August
Edited by a mod:

Comments removed for being inflammatory in nature.
Well, sorry for using this thread for its intended purpose. ¬_¬  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:48 am

Well today sucked.

Seems there was nearly one less Kougar today. I mentioned last week about the new medications they were starting me on... well, one of them I was to start Sunday morning. I took it at about 9:15 AM and by 9:45 I was feeling really strange, tipsy, disoriented... and was stumbling around and getting a little light headed. By 10:00 I was unconscious on the floor in the kitchen.

Apparently I had a violent reaction to the medication and my blood pressure dropped to 70/40 opposed to it's normal average of 135/85, and my resting pulse rate dropped to 45 from it's normal average of about 75. Too low for me to stay conscious or coherent.

I was unresponsive for about ten hours, with muscle spasms and hallucinations. After the first ten hours I was able regain a normal blood pressure and pulse and though difficult, able to keep myself awake by force of will power. I stayed awake then for about another three or four hours and got something to eat, before going back to sleep to try and shake off the rest of it. Three more hours later, here I am.

I'm mostly feeling okay now, can't sleep anymore but still tired. I don't think I'm going to take any more Depakote, and should probably contact the doctor that gave it to me tomorrow.

J.Kougar
Vice Captain

Fashionable Cat

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:19 am
Holy s**t J. sweatdrop

Glad you are... still alive.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:23 am
Red August
Red August
Edited by a mod:

Comments removed for being inflammatory in nature.
Well, sorry for using this thread for its intended purpose. ¬_¬

This thread is for people to post what is happening in their lives and vent their frustration, not to openly make public slurs because you are upset with a particular group of people. Especially when they happen to makeup the majority of this guild.

Remember that it is not always what you say but how you say it.

Selene Aries

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:28 am
Manda_Tifa
FogSage
"84% of all rapes happen between people who KNOW each other."
I actually wouldn't be surprised if that were true. sweatdrop
It actually is true. It's often a family member, family friend, or someone you'd consider a friend or acquintance.

Let's not forget that child molestation falls under rape and is almost ALWAYS by a family friend or family member.

As for the weed thing, that happens in very rare cases where they've wiped out so many brain cells that they pretty much go schizo, and schizophrenia often causes paranoia so severe that the sufferer often thinks "I need to get them before they get me, they're out to get me, I have to kill them all" type thoughts.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:49 am
FogSage

There are several reasons I don't like it, but I won't bore you with the details.

Ah well. I bought it, I don't feel like selling it. I'll try my hand at unlocking all the characters before I give up on it for good.

Im interested in why you dont like it. I think itd be good to know before hand.

Leyla Giselle
Manda_Tifa
FogSage
"84% of all rapes happen between people who KNOW each other."
I actually wouldn't be surprised if that were true. sweatdrop
It actually is true. It's often a family member, family friend, or someone you'd consider a friend or acquintance.

Let's not forget that child molestation falls under rape and is almost ALWAYS by a family friend or family member.

As for the weed thing, that happens in very rare cases where they've wiped out so many brain cells that they pretty much go schizo, and schizophrenia often causes paranoia so severe that the sufferer often thinks "I need to get them before they get me, they're out to get me, I have to kill them all" type thoughts.

Even if the link between cannabis use and shcizophrenia is valid, not all schizophrenics are paranoid schizophrenics, and even those under the paranoid grouping are still rarely no more violent than mentally healthy people. I think the difference was under 5% more likely or something along those lines.

Agreed on the rape/molestation thing though.

And Fogsage, were the picketers representing some group, or a church? From what you said they had signs with various issues on them.

King Kento

FogSage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:32 am
Actually, they were just signs, staked into the ground. And I now know what it's all about; it's the campus's sad attempt to keep the students safe over spring break. It was funny. It's windy outside and all the signs are blown down. :3

I had thought it was just some psycho who went out of their way to be pathetic.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:47 pm
J.Kougar

Well today sucked.
Wow, that is really scary. Is there anyone you can get to come over if you try something else new while Sebastian is away? It sounds like you are dealing with some serious drugs.

Hope you feel better and don't have any more adverse reactions from the meds.  

Krissim Klaw

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:57 pm
Krissim Klaw
J.Kougar

Well today sucked.
Wow, that is really scary. Is there anyone you can get to come over if you try something else new while Sebastian is away? It sounds like you are dealing with some serious drugs.

Same. Geez that sounded scary. Glad you're ok.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 pm
J, I would have contacted a doctor immediately. Not wait, definitely go to not sleep. Honestly, you should have contacted someone as soon as you got disoriented. You don't know what all got ******** up, and there could be something that could still go wrong, especially since the medications should still be in your system. I also agree with getting someone to at least check up on you while you're trying out meds.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

J.Kougar
Vice Captain

Fashionable Cat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:35 am
Diana Vulpes
Holy s**t J. sweatdrop

Glad you are... still alive.

Thanks. It would suck for all the good stuff I have amassed on Gaia to go to waste. Then again, I'm sure Sabby would either use it or re-distribute it.

Krissim Klaw

Sabastian. wink ...and not really, no. I don't exactly have much in the way of friends besides Sabby. I'm just going to have to hold off on a lot of it till he comes back, or do it on days when he can call every hour or something so that he knows if I'm alive or not depending on if I answer the phone, and if I don't maybe he could call for help, but I don't really like that idea either. sweatdrop

Kakarotto-san
Same. Geez that sounded scary. Glad you're ok.

I've been through much worse, but thanks. smile

shoki_de_nai
J, I would have contacted a doctor immediately. Not wait, definitely go to not sleep. Honestly, you should have contacted someone as soon as you got disoriented. You don't know what all got ******** up, and there could be something that could still go wrong, especially since the medications should still be in your system. I also agree with getting someone to at least check up on you while you're trying out meds.

Well, I haven't exactly got any other friends to call, and besides... I have a very adverse reaction to doctors... I don't do well with them. I'm very educated in the medical field, my mother was a nurse and worked for hospice for years as well, and I also took it upon myself to learn as much as I could because I'm prone to injury, and was so even more when I was young. You'd be surprised just how handy it can be to have the knowledge and equipment around to do your own stitches. wink I also have Class C CPR training for humans as well as CPR training for animals. Anyway, I have a private doctor that I see for most things, he's a fellow homo with his own small practice and he's very good. This new psychiatrist isn't so great apparently, but that's beside the point.

I've just never cared for doctors. When I was in that accident a few years back that tore up my back and ended up with me having rebar puncture my skull, I not only walked home most of the way (till all the blood loss from the open wounds overcame me) but did all my own patching up of the injuries and didn't see my doctor till a few days later. I hate hospitals, they are usually full of people with less medical knowledge that I have, and they don't usually know what's best for me anyway... and when they try to force things that I don't want, it tends to end violently. redface So I just avoid hospitals and the emergency room altogether. About the only way you can get me to go is if I cut something off completely and can't reattach it myself and actually want it reattached, or if I'm completely unconscious. I was in and out of it enough Sunday to have still resisted I think, and I would have. The only way they got me to the hospital years and years ago when I had both Hepatitis A and Mononucleosis at the same time and didn't treat them and continued to work anyway, was after I finally collapsed into total unconscious and stayed that way for a while. Granted there was hell to pay when I work up there, but that's another story. wink

I guess I just have a firm belief that I'll live as long as I'm supposed to live, and I'll not go out of the way to put myself into extreme discomfort or uncomfortable situations just to try and extend my life a little longer. I'd never let them treat me for Cancer because I know there is no available cure, only a chance to prolong things, and I have a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) Card just incase I do stop living of my own will, which legally prevents them from using CPR or other means to revive me or prolong my life artificially. Some people think I'm crazy for it, but it's my life and I'm only willing to live it as long as I can without much interference. I've always known I'd never live to be an old man (older than currently) and I'm okay with that. 3nodding

Thanks though for all the concern for my well being. smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:45 am
Jesus effin Christ, I hate people right now.

On my way to class, I passed by a res hall, and heard a strange scratching noise. Upon further investigation, I realized that there was something alive trapped inside one of the drainpipes attached to the side of the building. Seeing as how it wasn't chirping, I suspected it was a squirrel or chipmunk or maybe a mouse. I reported it to Maintenance, who said they would take care of it. That was around 10 this morning. It's now been four hours and the poor animal is still trapped inside of it. I know. I checked on it and tapped the pipe, and sure enough, there was more scratching to be heard. How cruel and thoughtless, to know about it and to do nothing. I mean, I know they're busy with their job and all, but all this job requires is something to pull the pipe out and thick gloves, so that they don't get bit. It's not that ******** HARD. Goddammit.  

FogSage

hex_xombie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:15 pm
I've been having trouble with the avatar arena. I've been entering the best that I can cause I would like to win the prize so that I can get some of my older items back :< Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:20 pm
FogSage
Jesus effin Christ, I hate people right now.

On my way to class, I passed by a res hall, and heard a strange scratching noise. Upon further investigation, I realized that there was something alive trapped inside one of the drainpipes attached to the side of the building. Seeing as how it wasn't chirping, I suspected it was a squirrel or chipmunk or maybe a mouse. I reported it to Maintenance, who said they would take care of it. That was around 10 this morning. It's now been four hours and the poor animal is still trapped inside of it. I know. I checked on it and tapped the pipe, and sure enough, there was more scratching to be heard. How cruel and thoughtless, to know about it and to do nothing. I mean, I know they're busy with their job and all, but all this job requires is something to pull the pipe out and thick gloves, so that they don't get bit. It's not that ******** HARD. Goddammit.

I know the feeling dude. At my old college, we had a ton of canadian geese and sea gulls. When my sister visited one time, there was an injured sea gull and she managed to catch it. We didn't know what to do with it so we went to a near by campus police car and told them. He told us to just leave it so that it can die cause he didn't care about sea gulls. We then went to one of the dorm buildings to use a phone to call animal control. They put us on hold and when we finally got through they told my best friend/brother that we should call someone who actually cares about sea gulls. We ended up just putting him in the lake and leaving him since we couldn't find anyone to help with his broken wing.  

hex_xombie

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:22 pm
hex_xombie
I've been having trouble with the avatar arena. I've been entering the best that I can cause I would like to win the prize so that I can get some of my older items back :< Any suggestions?

Step one: Stop entering the avatar contests. Trust me, it's for the best. When you have the money to blow on it, then you can do it, but for now, save your money. Entering the avatar arena is like playing the lotto, except you would probably win more from a lottery than from Avatar Arena.

Step two: Continue to amass gold. Do games, puzzles, sell MC's and Daily Chance items. You'll be surprised how much gold you can make in a few hours time.

Also, I hate to say this, but you should ask about your avatar in the AFG Avatar Thread, not the Sallies.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 796 797 798 799 800 801 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games