Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 797 798 799 800 801 802 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:41 am
Well, I had an. . . eventful weekend. Link to my LJ  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:26 am
The past 6 months have been pretty awful at work. Basically all the work load has been shifted to me because my boss's mom found out in January that she has Stage four Pancreatic Cancer. But before that, she had been having chronic pain in her abdomen, dropping weight and was getting weaker.  

Rainey_angel81

King Kento

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:53 am
hex_xombie

I know the feeling dude. At my old college, we had a ton of canadian geese and sea gulls. When my sister visited one time, there was an injured sea gull and she managed to catch it. We didn't know what to do with it so we went to a near by campus police car and told them. He told us to just leave it so that it can die cause he didn't care about sea gulls. We then went to one of the dorm buildings to use a phone to call animal control. They put us on hold and when we finally got through they told my best friend/brother that we should call someone who actually cares about sea gulls. We ended up just putting him in the lake and leaving him since we couldn't find anyone to help with his broken wing.

Im not suprised by the police, but I wouldve expected animal control to have done something.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:12 pm
King Kento
hex_xombie

I know the feeling dude. At my old college, we had a ton of canadian geese and sea gulls. When my sister visited one time, there was an injured sea gull and she managed to catch it. We didn't know what to do with it so we went to a near by campus police car and told them. He told us to just leave it so that it can die cause he didn't care about sea gulls. We then went to one of the dorm buildings to use a phone to call animal control. They put us on hold and when we finally got through they told my best friend/brother that we should call someone who actually cares about sea gulls. We ended up just putting him in the lake and leaving him since we couldn't find anyone to help with his broken wing.

Im not suprised by the police, but I wouldve expected animal control to have done something.

To be honest, I agree with the policeman. It's just one seagull... That and it probably would have died being kept in a shelter.  

Forcive Habit

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:08 pm
Forcive Habit

To be honest, I agree with the policeman. It's just one seagull... That and it probably would have died being kept in a shelter.
Not necessarily I used to do a lot of work for a group called fur and feathers. I mainly dealt with wild birds (often abandoned babies because they were most time intensive). Depending on the injury the bird might very well have made a full recovery and been released. Animal control should have taken the bird and had it transfered to one of the appropriate wildlife rehabilitation groups. It's their job. If they don't give a crap about animals they should do everyone else a favor and get a new job. =/

As for the police officer, it was his job to give them the number for animal control so they could have sought help for the gull. Sounds like a bunch of incompetence to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:53 pm
Krissim Klaw
Forcive Habit

Not necessarily I used to do a lot of work for a group called fur and feathers. I mainly dealt with wild birds (often abandoned babies because they were most time intensive). Depending on the injury the bird might very well have made a full recovery and been released. Animal control should have taken the bird and had it transfered to one of the appropriate wildlife rehabilitation groups. It's their job. If they don't give a crap about animals they should do everyone else a favor and get a new job. =/

As for the police officer, it was his job to give them the number for animal control so they could have sought help for the gull. Sounds like a bunch of incompetence to me.

Everyone hated sea gulls and geese up there but that is still no excuse to not help a bird with a broken wing. It wasn't even that bad of a break. It didn't break through the skin so it looks like it could have been fixed with the proper care. It really irked my sis. She's a bird breeder (she didn't know how to repair a wild bird's wing plus its illegal to keep a wild animal which is why she didn't take it). She actually just had a clutch of parakeets hatch yesterday :3  

hex_xombie

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:21 pm
Ugh, I just need to vent.

First of all, my mother got fired from the laundromat. Except they didn't have the balls to tell her that, they just removed her from the schedule all together. Also, she got two unemployment checks and was then informed they're going to fight her on it, so we dunno wtf is up with that. That money was all that's keeping us afloat, so I might have to start spending my money on household things like groceries and whatnot. Well, if those stubborn people would just let me help them. My mom is so stressed out and depressed she's having anxiety attacks, like tonight. She needed a Valium to calm down.

Furthermore, I've decided that my brother's therapist is mentally handicapped in some way. My brother leaves his appointment early today so she calls my mother in to talk to her and proceeds to tell her what a horrible failure of a mother she is. She said a lot of criticizing things and wants to start dual therapy. Why do I think she's an idiot? Because she's completely eating up whatever my brother is telling her; she's completely believing the words of an angry, depressed teenager who refuses to take his medication or help himself in anyway. The jackass even yelled at my mother for not having a job, when he's not even trying to get one himself! But mom wants to go along with it because this woman is the only therapist my brother has ever been willing to talk to, probably because she just nods and accepts whatever s**t he says to be God's word. I am SO mad.

Lastly, there's an issue at my work. Seems one girl has told her parents that one of the boys has touched her inappropriately. I'm not sure what to make of it. The girl is two, and generally nods and agrees to whatever you say to her but at the same time she won't come out and lie to anyone. I'd hate to think her parents manipulated her into saying it. Really though, they've never been alone together and I've hardly ever seen them play together. He's five and she's two, they tend to stick to their own aged groups when they play.

I just...I don't know what to think and I'm stressed.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:06 pm
shoki_de_nai
Ugh, I just need to vent.

First of all, my mother got fired from the laundromat. Except they didn't have the balls to tell her that, they just removed her from the schedule all together. Also, she got two unemployment checks and was then informed they're going to fight her on it, so we dunno wtf is up with that. That money was all that's keeping us afloat, so I might have to start spending my money on household things like groceries and whatnot. Well, if those stubborn people would just let me help them. My mom is so stressed out and depressed she's having anxiety attacks, like tonight. She needed a Valium to calm down.

Furthermore, I've decided that my brother's therapist is mentally handicapped in some way. My brother leaves his appointment early today so she calls my mother in to talk to her and proceeds to tell her what a horrible failure of a mother she is. She said a lot of criticizing things and wants to start dual therapy. Why do I think she's an idiot? Because she's completely eating up whatever my brother is telling her; she's completely believing the words of an angry, depressed teenager who refuses to take his medication or help himself in anyway. The jackass even yelled at my mother for not having a job, when he's not even trying to get one himself! But mom wants to go along with it because this woman is the only therapist my brother has ever been willing to talk to, probably because she just nods and accepts whatever s**t he says to be God's word. I am SO mad.

Lastly, there's an issue at my work. Seems one girl has told her parents that one of the boys has touched her inappropriately. I'm not sure what to make of it. The girl is two, and generally nods and agrees to whatever you say to her but at the same time she won't come out and lie to anyone. I'd hate to think her parents manipulated her into saying it. Really though, they've never been alone together and I've hardly ever seen them play together. He's five and she's two, they tend to stick to their own aged groups when they play.

I just...I don't know what to think and I'm stressed.

Why are you paying for a therapist for your brother? It's a huge waste of money. Honestly. I've been in and out of therapy for the past couple years and so far as I can tell, it hasn't done me a lick of good. It's all bullshit. Next time your brother complains about being depressed, I want you to smack him as hard as you can in the back of the head and tell him to get the ******** out of the house for a few hours, that you have better things to do than to listen to his adolescent agonizing.

Second, I would recommend beating your brother with a stick or something for being an a*****e.

As far as the inappropriate touching thingy, you would probably be wise to support the parents of the girl. If you don't, you might get dragged into a court case and that'll really get ******** complicated.  

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:17 pm
CoffeeFox

Why are you paying for a therapist for your brother? It's a huge waste of money. Honestly. I've been in and out of therapy for the past couple years and so far as I can tell, it hasn't done me a lick of good. It's all bullshit. Next time your brother complains about being depressed, I want you to smack him as hard as you can in the back of the head and tell him to get the ******** out of the house for a few hours, that you have better things to do than to listen to his adolescent agonizing.

Second, I would recommend beating your brother with a stick or something for being an a*****e.

As far as the inappropriate touching thingy, you would probably be wise to support the parents of the girl. If you don't, you might get dragged into a court case and that'll really get ******** complicated.

We're actually not paying much for the therapist, she and my therapist have agreed to work for the $10 copay or for free since we lost the insurance. I will have to disagree with you on therapy though, as someone who has had much therapy throughout her life. Furthermore, he doesn't complain about being depressed or even talk to anyone much; he is diagnosed with depression, which has far more symptoms than feeling sad. I will also not risk smacking/beating him as he is significantly larger than I am and once was more than enough times to be assaulted by him, thank you.

This should not become a court case. We simply have to talk to each set of parents and the children, then make sure he knows touching people in certain places is inappropriate. The trouble is, I'm not sure what to believe because of the circumstances and I'd hate for the boy to get in trouble if the girls parent(s) just manipulated her. But honestly, it won't need legal intervention, they're just little kids.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:50 pm
It really irks me when people say therapy is BS rolleyes Of course it won't work if you have that attitude. You have to be willing to hear what they have to say and work with them. They want to help you, they aren't there just for the money (and trust me, it's not always the most lucrative career), but it's all meaningless if you're too stubborn to let someone pick your brain. There's also not just one technique therapists used. Tell me, did your therapist just sit and listen to you talk, occasionally repeating back to you something you've said? That's a particular technique, and it's based around allowing the patient to come to their own solutions to their problems with the therapist guiding them to that goal (That might sound a bit contradictory).

Not everyone needs therapy, that's for sure, but not everyone has the willpower to work out their own problems, and I think that they need to have the patience to allow the therapy to work.

Though with Shoki's brother, I think it may be a breach of ethics to get her mother involved like that. I dunno, it's been a while >.>

Sorry, that's just my rant. Counseling is the thing I've wanted to pursue for a while, and it really gets on my nerves when people act like it's a worthless profession =/  

Af Mas

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:50 am
shoki_de_nai

Okay, that is just completely insane right there. First of all, how does a two year old know and understand what being touched inappropriately means and secondly why would a five year old purposelessly sexually harass anyone?

I remember being that young, kids at that age are pretty much clueless about gender differences, but at the same time are incredibly curious and will experiment. Anyone else remember playing house when they were a child, perhaps doctor? Cliché as it might sound there is the whole "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" game. There isn't anything sexual about any of it, none of them are old enough to have sexual urges and tend to not have the highest sense of modesty and personal space.

Children also tend to be loud mouths and will blurt out things they have heard, seen or done. There is a chance this boy did touch her, but even if he did it is not some huge deal to be made and the parents of the girl are over reacting. All that needs to be done is to sit the boy down, whether he confesses to doing it or even if he really did do it or not, and explain to him that it is wrong to touch a girl in certain ways and for god's sake explain why it is wrong, not just say it is wrong. Despite what a lot of people think a young child is able to process and understand a lot of things as long as they are properly explained. The naivety of children does not come from their brains unable to take certain information, but simply the lack of it from their parents and educators.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:52 am
I've been without my laptop since January. It's ******** ridiculous how long I've had to wait to get the stupid thing fixed.

Well, what was wrong with it was that my battery wasn't holding a charge anymore and my AC adapter stopped working. So I took it into CompUSA and they said they were going out of business =_= so they gave me this number to call.. after being on hold for an hour I finally got to speak to someone and they said they'd send me a box, blah blah blah sorry for the inconvenience. A week later, I get the box.. so I send it in. 2 weeks later I get it back and they only gave me a new battery along with my still broken AC adapter -_-

SO.... I call them again (was on hold for about 45minutes that time) and explain that the AC adapter still DOESN'T WORK. And they say okay, we'll send another box. 2 weeks went by, still no box.. so I call them and he tells me to WAIT ANOTHER WEEK. I, so patiently waited another week.. and still got nothing. I had to call them again. 3rd times a charm.. they tell me I have to start all over again by putting another request in.. so I do it, and I FINALLY got the box one week later.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that they'll actually fix it this time and I'll finally be able to use my laptop again and actually DRAW something for once.

sweatdrop  

Shabiba

FogSage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:39 pm
Af Mas
It really irks me when people say therapy is BS rolleyes Of course it won't work if you have that attitude. You have to be willing to hear what they have to say and work with them. They want to help you, they aren't there just for the money (and trust me, it's not always the most lucrative career), but it's all meaningless if you're too stubborn to let someone pick your brain. There's also not just one technique therapists used. Tell me, did your therapist just sit and listen to you talk, occasionally repeating back to you something you've said? That's a particular technique, and it's based around allowing the patient to come to their own solutions to their problems with the therapist guiding them to that goal (That might sound a bit contradictory).

Not everyone needs therapy, that's for sure, but not everyone has the willpower to work out their own problems, and I think that they need to have the patience to allow the therapy to work.

Though with Shoki's brother, I think it may be a breach of ethics to get her mother involved like that. I dunno, it's been a while >.>

Sorry, that's just my rant. Counseling is the thing I've wanted to pursue for a while, and it really gets on my nerves when people act like it's a worthless profession =/

But it is worthless. You sit down and unload emotional baggage onto the therapist, who, in their mind, is thinking "Wow. What a ******** nutjob.", all while keeping up the pretense that they're listening and are trying to help you with your problems, when in reality there is no answer, no fix for what's wrong with you. People need to admit that so long as they live, they are ******** up and there's nothing, NOTHING you can do about it.

Only real solution is to die. That solves most if not all of life's problems.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:42 pm
FogSage
Af Mas

But it is worthless. You sit down and unload emotional baggage onto the therapist, who, in their mind, is thinking "Wow. What a ******** nutjob.", all while keeping up the pretense that they're listening and are trying to help you with your problems, when in reality there is no answer, no fix for what's wrong with you. People need to admit that so long as they live, they are ******** up and there's nothing, NOTHING you can do about it.

Only real solution is to die. That solves most if not all of life's problems.

Fog...Just...From here on out, you're nothing but a troll to me. I am deeply offended by this, and the only way I can just not give two shits about anything you say is to just treat everything you say as BS.

Never speak to me again  

Af Mas

FogSage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:04 pm
Please get over yourself, Affy.

What's there to be offended over? It's the way things are. It's the way the world is. Everything is completely ******** up and there's nothing anyone can do to solve it. What cannot be cured must be endured.

Of course, me saying this means nothing to you, so whatever.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 797 798 799 800 801 802 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games