Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
BRAWL IS ONLINE!11!wan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:40 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
Personally I just want to get in there and fight and im sure I will deveolp a strategy and what not when I play for mindless hours.

Mindlessly playing won't get you anywhere competitively.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:51 pm
Ok I mean it as in I will be practicing...  

Razz-Berry 9

The Veil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:55 pm
TheBasementDweller
!!Razz-berry!!9
Personally I just want to get in there and fight and im sure I will deveolp a strategy and what not when I play for mindless hours.

Mindlessly playing won't get you anywhere competitively.

Indeed. Back when I played as Marth on Melee, I focused on countering and getting my opponent in the air. Once I get him air born, I can easily do a good 60% of damage. And thats when they counter properly, if they don't then I can do far more. Speed and projectiles were nothing against me as Marth, as a well placed counter can stop a projectile or speeding Fox cold, giving me the chance for a launcher attack or throw, and to start some of my deadly air combos. Countering Samus' shots and missiles makes it harder for her to attack from afar. In fact, the only attacks I know of that is non item that cannot be coutered by Marth are Bowser's Flame, Mewtwo's Confusion, and Pikachu/Pichu's Thunder.

I am still undefeated in Singles Deuls. Kukuku~ (I am good in Teams, but my counters are harder to pull off in a 4-Way free for all.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:57 pm
I always would Practice dodging with Fox comes in real handy.  

Razz-Berry 9

Itakio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:27 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
Playing a Game of smash Without Items and random stages is not right.Anyone can win in a game of Smash bros Skill helps yes but it doesent win the battle by it'self.
In a match like that, what can you do that is not skill based?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:30 pm
I have decided to only train certain people tro be good as they include...

1.Metaknight
2.Samus
3.Pit
4.Snake
5.Ike
6.Fox
7.Kirby
8.Zelda
9.Mewtwo
10.???  

Raijin36

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:35 pm
Taking a game not even out yet too seriously.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:35 pm
I fear that this will turn out like link and melee, and by that I mean all the n00bs will flock to one or two characters (link/roy anyone?). In this case, Metaknight for now. I am not saying that choosing these characters makes you a n00b, but there will be too many people using them.  

Itakio

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:37 pm
Itakio
I fear that this will turn out like link and melee, and by that I mean all the n00bs will flock to one or two characters (link/roy anyone?). In this case, Metaknight for now. I am not saying that choosing these characters makes you a n00b, but there will be too many people using them.
Yeah I hate Link Noobs cus, man that spin attack can get annoying  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:37 pm
I thought Fox/Falco was the noob char of Melee.

Seeing as everyone I know uses them.

Not saying that they're bad. Just pointing out that they're popular.  

Shigeru the Hero

Raijin36

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:41 pm
I'm gonna master pit. surprised

Yea I wanna be good as metaknight but if everyone is gonna use him i'm goin' hardly use him.

And you need to have skill to play the game. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:44 pm
Actually they are on the top of the tier list. Fox's reflector has a set knockback, so on most characters, as long as they are off the edge, is almost a free kill, unless they avoid it or attack you, or just have a great recovery. Falco has the "short hop laser" (SHL) cancel and down-air as notable techniques (fox does too but falco's is more practical because it stuns them). To do the SHL, you simply do a short hop (press jump and release before leaving the ground) then fire your laser, then when you land, you will only have the few frames of landing lag, which is a why you never see a pro falco use his laser on gground just standing. If you haven't noticed, it takes at least half a second to put the laser gun away after being fired on ground.

@Knight - The spin attack is hardly a threat usually, cause n00bs think that it's ok to use it after every 3 moves it cause it's TEH POWARFUL!!11 My cousin always does it after a dash attack and it gets very predictable.  

Itakio

The Veil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:48 pm
Personally, if Marth does not make an appearance in this version, I may try Ikei as a replacement, or give Pokemon Trainer a shot. If anything, I will fall back on playing Wario as a character. Kukuku. <3  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:06 pm
Im going to play as every single one of em but for Compettive battles Mario,Fox,Samus, Maybe Pikachu and It depends what some of the new characters are like.  

Razz-Berry 9

Itakio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:28 pm
I forgot to post it before, but here is a video of someone who only used AR to slow down the game and cleared very hard adventure mode with 0% with fox, with wavedashing and all that good stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euHUAbmkyAY  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces