Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
Roleplay Brainstorm Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:23 am
Eikre_Vrael_DarNell
Otulissa
By the way, does anyone want to make a romance RP? Since I don't read much romance, and I haven't actually tried to write romance, I think I need some practice. XD I've actually tried incorporating romance into a story before. Let's just say it totally ruined my story and it sucked. XD;; It either ends up so that no one can tell which part is romance, or it's so obvious it ends up being cheesy. XD

Unfortunately, almost ALL romance RPs tend to be cheesy. I've only had one instance where it WASN'T, and that's because myself and the significant other were both nearly clinically insane, and never did ANYTHING ordinary.

Oh. XD Well, what I mean by MY cheesiness is...the lame kind. xD The kind when it looks like a little kid wrote it. XD Ugh... That's why I tend to write romance-free when I free-write. The only exception is fanfiction. It's strange, but I write better when I write about a shipping I avidly support...xD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:54 am
Otulissa
Miss Meat Shield
'Ello, I've recently been itching to make a Pokemorph RP and I wanted to post the idea up here to see if anyone would be interested of if there was any feed back on a plot I have cooked up.

The plot is that there's a virus traveling about the land of pokemon, an awful virus carried through the water. It messes with the pokemon's minds, making them rabid and in a huge surge, they've turned against even their beloved trainers. Some die in the attacks, but those who survive with only scratches suffer what some might consider an even worse fate. The pokemon's DNA is transfered and somehow warps with the human's as a result of the virus, forming half breeds known as pokemorphs. They're pokemon enough to be ignored by the rabid pokemon, but human refugees take this as a sign of danger and thus, pokemorphs are considered even more dangerous than normal pokemon to the refugees hiding away in which ever place they can get, some even believing that these pokemorphs must be captured in order to restore balance. So how long can these pokemorphs and humans last in a world flipped upside down and will a cure for the disease ever be found?

There'd be a little more detail in the actual information/plot post, but that's the gist of it. ^^ Any comments?
Hm....sounds interesting! Do you think I could join even if I don't know much about pokemon? I used to collect pokemon cards, but that's about it. XD;; Do I need to watch the show or something in order to RP in that roleplay?

Sure, I don't think knowledge of anything other than a few pokemon and the basics of the world would be necessary. If there is any problems, then one of the brainy characters can certainly fill in gaps, or psypokes.com and serebii.net have a lot of good information. But least someone's interested. ^^  

Miss Meat Shield

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:13 pm
Otulissa
Eikre_Vrael_DarNell
Otulissa
By the way, does anyone want to make a romance RP? Since I don't read much romance, and I haven't actually tried to write romance, I think I need some practice. XD I've actually tried incorporating romance into a story before. Let's just say it totally ruined my story and it sucked. XD;; It either ends up so that no one can tell which part is romance, or it's so obvious it ends up being cheesy. XD

Unfortunately, almost ALL romance RPs tend to be cheesy. I've only had one instance where it WASN'T, and that's because myself and the significant other were both nearly clinically insane, and never did ANYTHING ordinary.

Oh. XD Well, what I mean by MY cheesiness is...the lame kind. xD The kind when it looks like a little kid wrote it. XD Ugh... That's why I tend to write romance-free when I free-write. The only exception is fanfiction. It's strange, but I write better when I write about a shipping I avidly support...xD

Don't worry, your kid-romance isn't the only literary childry. I picked up one of my mom's while I was in the bathroom (Don't ask.), and within the next two pages, I had set it back down again, and I was immensely glad that Rachel (My girlfriend IRL) doesn't like that kind of thing all too much.

Though, I suppose what you want out of a romance. You get the freaks in the school hallways who spend every other second lip-locked, then you get other people who like the idea of just doing things together, and you get still others who're just socially inept dorks. =D  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:21 am
Yeah, but I still want some practice...hm... I am only good at shipping fanfictions, LOL. XD I can't even write a romantic poem.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:52 pm
Otulissa
Yeah, but I still want some practice...hm... I am only good at shipping fanfictions, LOL. XD I can't even write a romantic poem.

Neither can I (...er...well.). I could sing a romantic song ("Song for You" by Lunatica, followed closely by "Don't Stop Being Crazy" by Helloween are possibly metal's best "Friendship" songs. Listening to Hardline's Double Eclipse album is awesome to.)

But I can't write one. Unless you count these [x] [x]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:59 pm
What do you mean by you can't write romance?! Of course you can! The "In Our Dreams" one is so cute and sweet~!

"Everything I Do" is equally awesome! ^_^  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:42 pm
Believe it or don't, "In our Dreams?" was inspired by Calvin and Hobbes ._. I read this one strip, and I was like "Duh, why didn't I think of that?" And promptly wrote about it. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:58 am
Really? XD  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:10 pm
I'm dead serious.

Also, getting back on topic: If I mentioned doing a "Battle Royale" roleplay (most likely in this format) would we get people to join? Even a total of ten would be interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:38 pm

o:
that is so hardcore.

I would love too except I find those tend to get at a standstill really easily, point and case our own lovely forum.

Plus if I die i get depressed. xD
Plus plus I don't do grids well(;

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:08 am
Hm...maybe. If and when I get used to all this crazy homework and tests and projects this school year... XD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:51 pm
That and when we get people back to the guild.

It's so empty...  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:44 pm
I think it's because of school and work. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:28 pm
Because it's fun, I was wondering about more Zombie-Apocylypse RPs  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:53 pm
You want to create one? Isn't one already going? But...it's inactive, isn't it? This whole guild is getting pretty dormant. crying  
.::The Surreal Sanctuary::.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff