Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Welcome to 3G! Rules, Site and Staff Info are here!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Apsalas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:51 pm
Well, it seems that this is the "thank you for welcoming me to the guild", thread. So, I shall follow suit, Thank you for welcoming me to the guild. I shall do my best to use proper grammar, although, warnings are in order. I spend a lot of my time on the computer during the wee hours of my morning, so if there are typo's or inconsistancies with previous and current sentence structure. It will most definately have something to do with the time differences.

That being said, thank you again.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:07 pm
Thank you for letting me join. I look forward to learning more about correct grammer so I can help others where I work. I'm a writing and grammer tutor, so I could always use some more training. Nice to meet you all.  

Patron with a Mission

Sara Hysaro

Precious Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:24 pm
Ah, literacy! What a sight for sour eyes! How long has it been since I've seen such a large quantity of correctly spelled words in one place at any time? Alas, it has been much too long! I embrace this guild as a safehaven, a sanctuary from the horrors of txt.tlk and 1337!

........Sorry, it was just something that just popped into my mind. I have a tendency to type out almost anything that pops to mind so long as it isn't offensive or idiotic.

Anyhow, thank you for accepting me into this guild, and I apologize in advance for any regressions I might make in my posts.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:45 am
Thank you for letting me in. smile
It's cold out there amongst the grammerless masses.  

Naristar

Dangerous Nerd

14,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Signature Look 250

Maka Koa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:53 am
Thank you for letting me into this guild. I am looking foward to having intelligant conversations (and learning how to spell some words better...) with people who dont constantly shout "1337". Also, if you notice there is one more C than there should be in the word, it's most likely my keyboard messing up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:00 pm
Uh. Woot? Thanks for letting me join?:Ninja:

Please ignore my random outbursts that will happen later on.<3

KKthx.... I mean... ;-; Thanks.

[See example One: Kkthx = Random outburst.]

I need to be Deprogrammed of all Improper Grammar.

Help is needed. xD

-Aesthetic Bliss

DeathsMercy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:13 pm
Finally a place where people know how to type correctly... Thank you for letting my join the Grammer Guild, you don't know the hell that you have saved me from.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Hooray! I'm new and very proud to be apart of this Guild. My apologies to the dying English language. sad

What I really can't stand is the atrocious spelling and grammar in fan fictions. Why, oh Why? Do they still teach English in schools?  

ScorpioSess

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:01 pm
Thanks for letting me join! It's nice to see vowels again...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:04 pm
Hey, thanks for letting me in. smile Yeah, I'm not that old, one of the actually fairly intelligent seventh graders, so, even though if I feel like it, I can, I don't usually talk in huge words. I can, yeah, but I don't always choose to. That's just the way I am. I'm not the best speller, but you can usually read what I type, and I have typos sometimes. Heck, I'm human. I think. I was last time I checked....Exactly how do you check that? Anyway, I get some of the better vocabulary and English grades in my class, but totally loose it in math. stare If I could kill math, I would.  

Requiem Dare

Ares SpartanGod of War

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:44 pm
Well I joined the guild not so long ago, and I would just like to say thank you for accepting my request to join the guild. Even though my grammar is not that great. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:47 pm
Thank you very much for accepting me into this guild. I will carry out my duty with pride!  

Chaotic Element 626

Saiyan Warrior Chicoli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:00 pm
Good sweet ever-merciful God, I had thought my friends and myself were the last bastions of literacy on the internet.

With a look that spoke of past traumas and horrors, he spoke again...

Thank God for you all...

We thought there were none left. We had lost hope. They're taking over, gaining control. Soon we'll be overrun, and be left bereft. What do we do when faced with such seemingly insurmountable odds? ARE WE DOOMED TO FAILURE AND OBLIVION, CAST ASIDE AS THE EONS PASS IN FAVOR OF ILLITERACY AND STUPIDITY?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:31 pm
Oh, wow, it's been so long since Iv'e been on Gaia, that they put up new emoticons! sweatdrop
Anyways, thank you for accepting my request. I was a little worried I wasn't up to standards, but.. I'm not sure how much more literate I can get.
But, thanks for accepting me, and, i'll stay active?
I guess that's not really a question.
<<
whee  

DJxJingle

Kormagg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:33 pm
Thank you for responding to my request to join, I am very thankful for the fact that there is a Guild specifically designed for Literate people. I can finally have an engaging conversation with someone and not have trouble reading someones writing.

Thanks again.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces