Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anorexic Goldfish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:06 pm
xd Stop! Grammar time! Hi guys.......lyke omgz im nuu her................hahahaha....no. Despicable little ********...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:53 am
greetings, everyone. i am Sachiko13, known offline as Meaghan. i have been literate for most of my life, having learned to read at the age of four. in third grade, i had a seventh-grade reading level. in an IQ test taken during seventh grade, i scored 140. i am always irritated by those who can't seem to be bothered to use proper grammar, and are too lazy to type their words out fully. i have trouble understanding when people use "e-speak," probably because i choose to use the English language properly. i am very glad to have discovered this guild.  

Sachiko13

Shrocomemos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:52 pm
Hello all, I am new here. Um, yeah, I'm 12 years old and literate. I've gotten into the bad habit of talking...sorta gangster-y sometimes. Not sure what else to call it. sweatdrop So, if I call you a b***h, it's a habit, don't take it personally, I'm just playing. I also tend to do the whole 'ish-teh-luff' thing sometimes. And I love the word 'shmexeh'. I made it up and for some reason it seems to crack people up whenever I use it in a sentence.

Chat speak is okay in IMs when you don't really feel like waiting for someone to take the time to be literate and you want to convey your message as fast as possible, but when you're on a website, it's degrading and annoying. And that's not cool. mad

I tend to rant a lot and sometimes go off topic. I'm also sarcastic a lot, so...

Woosh, I live on Long Island in the USA. I like pandas, anime, manga(favorites being Naruto and Fruits Basket. I DESPISE InuYasha.), seeing how people pronounce 'orange'(err...yeah, inside joke thing. But if you pronounce it 'are-inge' I will luff you forever.).

Oh yeah. If you don't feel like typing my whole username out, you may call me Shroco-kun, Sora, or any other variation of my username you can make up.

And, yeah. That's it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:51 am
I own your soul. heart

(I wanted an easy way to describe myself)  

Lord Thatlatu of the Tofu

Satsun

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:12 am
I am 11
German
and proudly anti chat talk blaugh yay for REAL English!

I am also learning Japanese mrgreen and better German/English
(...I have no language...)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:17 pm
My name's Doumyouji. Well, at least to anyone who matters. I'm 18 and very happy that I got accepted into this guild.  

Doumyouji

Invisible Witch

Thalestris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:42 am
Hello everybody. Just received my B.A. in English last May and I'm now working towards my Master's Degree.

Writing and Reading have become my veins and arteries. When I catch some of the spastastic grammar on this site and elsewhere on the internet, I have a metaphoric heart attack.

If anyone interested in obtaining a BA in English or applying to graduate school has any questions, I'm your girl. I love to help out when I can!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:49 am
Greetings friends!  

The Amphibological One

Joshua_Ritter

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:02 pm
Why hello all.. I'd just like to say I am a self proclamed writer as well as literary appreciatior... I may have occasionally sub-par spelling skills, but I believe my expression in writing overcomes this. ^ ^ I love writing, anime (Yes, yes... I am an anime freak. Don't blame me, I caught it from my friends), and particularly philosophy. ^ ^ Is is my love and teaches me many things. If anyone wants a chatting partner, I am your man. Peace and Love  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:40 pm
Well, hello everyone. I'm Bittersweet_3 and I really do appreciate good grammar and spelling. That's about it, besides the fact that I can't really write about myself since everyone else's perceptions of myself are different than mine. wink  

Bittersweet_3

BlackenedPoetic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:48 pm
Well...
Even though I have been part of this guild for about a week,
I have yet to introduce myself.
My name is Jessica,
Jess for short,
And I've always had this little pet peeve about proper grammatical use.
I sometimes unintentionally correct my friends on their grammar,
And it is my most annoying habit.
But...
That's just me!
^_^

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:47 pm
Just a few moments ago I was accepted into this guild, which makes me happy.
Shinigami Banchou sama is who I am and you will remember it because my name is above my head.

I am 14 years of age.
Literacy and good grammar is my game, especially in role-play.

I utterly enjoy watching Chrno Crusade which is simply the best along with other anime's. I like video games I'm currently playing Xenogears(( It's an antique I know))

What I can't stand are those weird make-out if hot, boy/girl in cage, and hunt girl or guy/sneak in sleep over/slave threads they have in the chatterbox also which you can find being posted in GD and ED sometimes by delusional gaians who can't tell the difference between conversation forums and spam forums.

Also I really don't like it when people put "u" instead of "you"
I mean what is so hard about typing y and o next to u?
Lazy people.

Also I like to Role-Play as I said so if you have a Role-Play and need a member, feel free to ask.

Shinigami Banchou sama

Ithaya

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:39 pm
I'm a pedantic fourteen-year-old girl.

Call me Angel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:05 pm
Um... hi. Call me Kurry, Kurai, TK (for those are my initials), or whatever suits your fancy. I'm not particularly picky about nicknames. ^_^

I'm a 16 year old (though tomorrow is my birthday...) girl, fascinated with writing in all shapes and forms. Admittedly, I've been told that I'm a rather stubborn stickler when it comes to literacy, but it's a bad habit I'm trying to kick when on MSN Messenger. ^^''

I enjoy playing video games such as Square Enix's Final Fantasy series, and I absolutely adore Kingdom Hearts... to an almost freakish extent, actually. o.o I love some very odd pairings in those games, so don't mind me and my Squall/Cloud or Squall/Yuffie obsessions. ^^ I am also a huge fan of the Fire Emblem series, and am writing a fanfiction based off Fire Emblems 6, 7, and 8, with character appearances from 1, 4, and 9. PM me if you want a link to that. 3nodding

I loathe chatspeak in all its forms, and can't figure out why people go through the trouble of finding numbers on their keyboard... For example, 'GR8!' takes longer to type than a simple, "Great!" I just don't get those people. v.v

I love Role Playing, so go ahead and link me if you need someone to join... I'm open to any genre and style, so long as it's not one of those creepy, semi-lit, 'OMG! SL4V3S! LOL!' threads. x.x Honestly, people need to take their fetishes to PMs. :3

...Sorry. I'm a teller of crude jokes, as well. ^^'' Well, I hope I'll fit in here. It's nice to meet you all!

KuraiKitty

AilurusRed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:56 am
Hello.

Most of my friends call me Yetti so you are welcome to aswell. I'm 15 and female and have been called literate for a few years, thought tycnically everyone is literate, but I think that's besdies the point.

I talk on the interent quite a bit and recently got back into Gaia. I also like to draw and do I enjoy creative writing. One of my main hobbies, or rather most expensive one, at the current moment is Dungeons and Dragons.

So anywhos, that's pretty much me.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces