Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ŧhe Đarkroot Єhronicles ✧Closed✧

Back to Guilds

The peaceful town of Darkroot has been torn from the map by a metallic army in this anthro RP. 

Tags: Roleplay, Accepting, Darkroot, Chronicles, Sonic 

Reply TDC Main Forum
✝ Ŧhe Єhronicles of the Ѵillage Đarkroot (The RP) ✝ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:25 am
Nevermore had been watching the hedgehog's heat signature rise slowly as energy flowed into his body. The creature seemed to be building energy every moment that he was given. Unsure of the full capabilities of the creature, he hoped that the hammer would catch him off guard.

"CHAOS FLASH!"

The heat registered at a massive amount. There was nothing in his records that would explain what exactly had transpired, but it appeared that the area in front of the hedgehog's hand had been engulfed in flames. The energy emitted from the creature had come in an instant, and just as quickly, had left it. The heat readings remaining in the hedgehog were slim to non-existent. The smoke had cleared and Nevermore switched back to his normal vision. The flames died off quickly, the downpour quenching them. The scorched ground was all that remained of the mass incineration. The ground had intrigued him, as it had been drenched only moments before, but it was momentarily dry from the immense heat evaporating the water. The rain was quickly turning the area back into mud.

He followed the blackened mud to its origin, where the hedgehog lay. It seemed that the hammer fell true. A short scan showed that the creature maintained minor life-signs, he was unconscious. Nevermore knelt down beside the creature and retrieved his hammer, placing it into the compartment on his thigh, the locking mechanism holding it in place once more. Such power... he must be the cause of the explosion that demolished the prison. He'll have to be taken to headquarters for examination. While I'm there, I will find out what exactly this mobian saw in me. For now, I will return to Master Sergeant Kenderson for his update on the situation. He picked up the hedehog's sword, sheathing it before placing it upon his own back. He lifted the creature up gently, so as to not harm him further; his answers would depend on this mobian's survival. He placed him upon his right shoulder, holding his legs with his right arm. The hooded figure began the short walk back to the town hall, the military's temporary base of operations in the inner city of Rapture. The rain would soon cover all that had transpired at their makeshift battle-site, leaving behind only a broken metallic hand, sinking into the mud to be forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:58 pm
As Weyetek charged toward the mechanical rhino he knew that whether or not he lived, this robot would not. The reason the explosions sounded so familiar wasn't for no reason, he was face to face with the robot that had torn his life apart.

They met halfway down the alley and the huge rhino swung at Weyetek's head with his massive weapon as they ran past each other. Luckily, Weyetek had ducked just in time and as they rounded on each other Weyetek growled.

"You took everything from me...my father, my tribe,...EVERYTHING!" As he swung his left tomahawk for the rhino's right arm the machine dodged swiftly, picking weyetek up by the neck and began to squeeze. He ripped the fox's weapons from his hands and threw them to the ground.

"I suppose my genocide was incomplete. No matter, I will dispose of you just like the rest of your pathetic tribe." Titan then threw Weyetek against the building in the alley. As he landed, Weyetek felt a sharp pain in his side.

As the robot lifted his weapon to deliver his final blow Weyetek rolled between Titan's legs, picked one of his father's tomahawks up, lifted it above his head and brought it down with all his strength into the back of the rhino's neck, severing all circuitry and almost decapitating him. He picked up his tomahawks and throwing axe and looked down on the lifeless pile of metal beneath him.

"I love you father, and I have avenged you." Weyetek turned and began to walk away but a searing pain in his side had stopped him. He had broken several of his ribs and needed to find a place to rest, if he was attacked in this state he wouldn't stand a chance. He held his side tenderly and limped out of the end of the alley wondering where the bat that he had saved had gone...and if she was still alive.

Tasson

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:18 am
Between pants, she heard the fox running down the wet concrete to face her erstwhile opponent. She did her best to suppress her thoughts, to keep calm, keep breathing. He's putting his life at risk in an fight that wasn't his. Why had he done that?
She threw her left arm out to graze the building's corner, sharping her turn out of the ally. Open street, the rain puddles where ankle deep.

She gasped and threw herself against the brick wall, crouching. A few of those small E-vp's wined down the street and, thankfully, took no notice, or care for the Mobain in the shadows, holding her breath.

Was that thunder or gunfire?

Her head turned upward. Here will do.
She pushed off the wall as a boost into the air and made a hard down stroke. When close enough to this roof she lowered and jumped off that too.
Being airborne again she found a sense of confidence, an advantage to the havoc below. The wind under her wings in the beating rain was something only she could dominate.
She caught a good speed and banked a hard, swift right to swing back to the fight. Well, not right to it, around it. Around it and back to where she had left some things on a metal balcony.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:04 pm
Weyetek was starting to lose conciousness from the pain in his ribs, he needed to find some help and fast or he'd pass out in the street. As he stumbled down the sidewalk he stopped and vomited on a stoop. He sat down on the second stair and leaned against the cement handrail. As he slipped in and out of conciousness he heard voices approaching.

"Hurry up, I just want to get back to HQ and get some grub." There were two soldiers walking down the street on a patrol, a hedgehog and a rat. It had been the hedgehog who was complaining about being hungry.

"Yeah yeah yeah, do you ever stop eating? I swear sometimes you never shut the h-...Well well, what do we have here?" The rat had spotted Weyetek.

"Looks like we get to take a trophy home with us." The hedgehog moved closer to take a look.

Weyetek reached for a tomahawk but couldn't lift it in his weakened state and slumped forward and threw up on the hedgehog's boots.

"What the h*&@?!" The hedgehog slammed the butt of his rifle into Weyetek's right eye so that it was ripped open and crimson blood ran out and down the fox's face.

"Come on, let's get him back to HQ." The rat pulled Weyetek's arm over his shoulders and carried him towards the Town Hall, the armies Headquarters...

The last thing that crossed Weyetek's mind before passing out was that he was going to die tonight...then nothing...  

Tasson

Puff O Puff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:11 am
Slowly rook gained conciousness little by little. He heard a shuffling sound and opened his eyes ever so slightly to see the back and tail of what was obviously a bird in a tan uniform. He was being carried over the shoulder like a sack. If he was in less pain he would have said something along the lines of "I can walk myself damnit" but right now he was extremely comfortable. Closing his eyes and listening he realized that their were two people not one. That wasn't the interesting part though... it was what-no who they were talking about.

"So you think Rook Felid THE Rook Felid is still alive? I mean he was cornerd by the cops and shot himself!", this voice was obviously the bird carrying him. It's voice was high pitched and annoying like most birds.

"What? Some one like that shooting himself?! Are you crazy why would he shoot himself when he could have just gotten bailed out!", this other voice belonged to the person standing next to him. His voice was scratchy and had a deep undertone to it... definatly not some one to talk to on nights like these.

"Even if he some how made it out of that why hasn't attacked again?", the ride on the birds shoulder was starting to poke into his gut at an odd angle.

"I don't know... but I ave met that son of a b***h he was a psycopath to the core. Nearly took my eye out wit his fingers if my old partner didn't bail me out. The worst part about him was that damn smile! ", Rooks legs were starting to fall asleep when he was lifted up by a slight hop. He came right back down onto the shoulder and nearly elbowed the back of the birds head.

"Yeah, yeah old bounty huntin days almost forgot you used to be one." The uncofortable ride suddenly stopped. A small grin broke his calm face as he heard the shuffling of more feet. He opened one of his eyes just enough to see the upside down form of the town hall in front of him.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:45 pm
Elle sat in her camp, her eyes growing heavy. Though rain pelted the outside, inside her canvas tent was warm, and the soft light from her lantern was covering everything with a soft golden glow. She knew that no one would be coming by tonight, and so she laid back onto her blankets and closed her eyes.

Quickly, sleep came over her, a slight snore fluttering the bangs that fell in front of her eyes. Elle fell into a dream.

Walking along a small white stone pathway in the rose garden behind the mansion, she heard someone calling her name. Elle spun, suddenly encumbered by a large gown just like the one she was forced to wear at her coming out party. The pink tulle of the skirt blended with the pink roses in the background.

“Elle.”

Elle started walking towards the farther out gardens, passing under a white gate. She heard the twittering of many birds around her, and they seemed to be egging her on.

“Keep going!” They sang. “Keep going!” Elle felt a heavy dread set on her heart, and reached for the revolver by her side, but somehow could only graze her fingers on it through all the tulle.

“How odd.” She thought.

“Elle.” A voice called again, stronger.

“Yes, I’m coming.” She replied and passed through some bushes.

“Elle, you must hurry.” The voice said. Elle began to run.

“Elle.. He’s gone now.” Elle suddenly recognized the voice. It was her mother’s.

“Mother?” She called. “Mother are you there? Who’s gone?”

“He shouldn’t have messed in with our business.” Her mother’s voice said. “Now I have to make him disappear.”

“Mother? Make who disappear?”

“Your father was so proud when he was asked to lead forces in the Army.”

Elle’s forehead broke out in a cold sweat as she ran down the garden path, her dress being ripped and torn as she passed roses and bushes.

“Father? In the Army?”

“But then he, he had to ruin it all. The common filth.” Elle suddenly came to a large stone circle, where a body was laying on the ground.

“Wha-?”

Her mother’s voice was even louder now. “How could he start a resistance in this village?! Here, where we took the stupid orphan in, after we clothed and fed him. After we taught him to work, after his father died we could have turned him into the poor house! But no! I always said your father was too soft.”

The colors around Elle began to spin and blur around her as she slowly moved towards the body in the circle. The muddy hem of her dress dragged in a red puddle as she stepped forward.

“..No..” She moaned.

Gregor’s body was laying in the circle, his wide blue eyes staring straight above him, glossy.

Elle heard her mother’s voice again. “And when I found out he was trying to woo you, into poverty, into a life of filth and nothingness. I knew what had to be done to the filthy little ingrate.”

“Gregor.. They didn’t..”

Elle felt the familiar grasp of her mother’s long cold fingers, and turned to see the disdainful look on her mother’s cold face. But there was something wrong about her. Her mother usually had bright green eyes, but now they were a solid black. Not even any whites were showing. She looked like a sinister doll.

“You.. Killed..?” Elle asked, afraid to know the truth.

The doll-mother replied. “I did what had to be done. And now you’ve ran away and broke my heart. Your father was so displeased. With his new contacts in the military though. We should be able to find you.” A cruel smile teased the lips of the doll mother. “We’ve missed you so..”

Elle’s mother took her hand from her shoulder and as if in slow motion, put it on Elle’s neck. “Being ungrateful is so unladylike.” Long cold fingers clamped around Elle’s throat, suffocating her. Tears mingled with the cold sweat, and she watched in horror as her mother’s faced changed. It became a gruesome smile, and a small trickle of blood ran from her lips.

The doll mother laughed, and said. “You… will… learn… to be... GRATEFUL!”

Elle woke again in her tent, her back drenched in sweat, sobbing and gasping for air.

“It was only a nightmare.” She said. “Only a stupid dream. Gregor’s death was an accident. Nothing more.” But somewhere in the back of her mind, she couldn’t shake the feeling that that wasn’t the whole story.

Elle wiped her face on her blanket and sat up, finding suddenly that the sound of the rain wasn’t comforting anymore, and she no longer wanted to be alone. She closed her eyes tight and wished silently for a companion, but none sprang out of the ground.

“Perhaps I should move to somewhere less secluded.” She thought, but moving around was hard in these uncertain times, and she could not risk being dragged into prison or even worse, taken back to her parents.

Elle rubbed her forehead and got out of bed, knowing that sleep would be no where near her now. She grabbed her sword and began to sharpen it, if only to ease her mind. The thought of her parents having Gregor killed seemed ludicrous, but she could not deny it altogether.

The thought made her sick to her stomach.

Evangeline Darknote

Tasson

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:51 pm
It's time.

Two soldiers were carrying a now completely unconscious fox through the streets of Rapture. If they reached Town Hall the fox wouldn't last the night. The soldiers, a rat and a pudgy hedgehog, felt uneasy as they hauled there prisoner through the city back to HQ.

"Man, I can't shake the feeling that we're bein' watched. I haven't felt this uneasy since the day I got recruited." The rat was starting to panic. He had been carrying the prisoners weapons.

"Would you calm down?! I'm tired of you whining all the time. You haven't stopped talking since this pathetic little swine passed out!" The hedgehog was getting irritable, having to carry a fox that was bleeding all over his uniform.

"Alright, alright, don't get all testy. I just keep thinking someone's been following us." The rat kept looking around nervously.

"Oh well, get over it. At least that crazy echidna Rage is gone, the guy gives me the creeps. Always talking to himself, how did he become an officer when he's so obiously and completely insane?" The hedgehog adjusted the mobian he had over his shoulder and continued walking.

"True story, but we're stuck in the trenches. Always have been, always will be. Nothing we can do about it. If we run, we die. That's why I joined up. I'd rather fight than be like this poor fool." The cowardous rat said.

"That does not have to be so, young man." A low and rough voice responded from the shadows.

"Who was that?! Show yourself, I order you to show yourself!" The hedgehog quickly joined in with the rat's previous paranoia when he heard it.

"I told you we were being followed! D@%$ IT! Come out of the shadows you coward! Come out and we'll let you live!" The rat was trying to hide his fear, but his shaking was not helping the matter.

"I do not think that to be your decision." The voice answered calmy.

"What do you want from us?" The hedgehog finally regained the ability to speak.

"Yeah, what do you want? We're only soldiers." The rat tried to provide his partner some backup.

"Only for you to put that poor young fox and his things down, then walk away. Nothing more, Nothing less."

"I don't think so, this prisoner is my new promotion. I'm not giving him up for anything." The hedgehog had the idea that if he returned with this prisoner that he might earn some points with his commander and get a new promotion. He looked to his left and saw his partner shaking. "Would you pull yourself together? It's one against two, he's got no chance."

"I have a proposition, I will come out if you two promise not to shoot. Do we have a deal?" The voice was still calm.

"Let's see...NO! Do you think we're stupid?! That's it, I'm done playing games!" The rat dropped the fox's weapons and started firing his M-16 into the shadows and other random areas.

"CEASE FIRE! CEASE FIRE! You idiot! What were you shooting at? The Boogieman? I'm done talking with shadows. I'm going back to base for my promotion and a nice warm....meal...." The hedgehog's sentence trailed off as he saw who it was they were talking to.

A huge siberian tiger stepped out from the shadows directly in front of them, tall enough to dwarf the two now shaking soldiers. His eyes were covered with a black bandana tied around his head and his grey dreadlocks fell down his back, he was dressed in black ninja gear yet appeared to be unarmed. "Now, put him down. NOW!" The tiger roared as he said this and just as he did a flash of lightning crashed across the sky with thunder close after.

The hedgehog dropped Weyetek sloppily onto the ground and stood paralyzed where they stood. Suddenly they realized that they had guns and the tiger had nothing to defend himself with, not to mention his eyes were bound. As they both reached for their machine guns the tiger drew two blades from his back and crouched down low to the ground.

"FREEZE! Drop your weapons or we'll paint the street with your brains!" The hedgehog screamed. Both soldiers still shaking and not knowing what to do next they both stood taking sideways glances at each other.

The tiger took this oppurtunity to attack. He leapt forward and cut the guns they were carrying in half as if they were made of butter. As the soldiers quickly dropped they're now useless weapons the tiger gave them one last chance. "I have no quarrels with either of you, now go before you leave me no choice but to kill you."

The rat turned as if to leave then turned around brandishing a combat knife. The hedgehog then drew his and they circled the tiger. "We'll be making the orders around here." The rat had his confidence back and the hedgehog was grinning maliciously.

"I see you give me no choice, fine." The tiger spun around and clashed with the hedgehog who fell down from the force of the tiger's blow, the rat lunged with his knife while the tiger's back was turned but it was easily dodged and the tiger's counter attack cut the rat's throat. The hedgehog was on all fours starting to get up but the tiger jumped up and landed on his neck with both feet, snapping the soldier’s neck and skull. He then wiped off his blades and returned them to their hidden sheaths on his back. Then the tiger walked over to Weyetek and knelt over him. He then pulled a vial out his coat, and poured it into the unconscious fox’s mouth.

”Wha- What happened? Who are you, and what was that drink?” Weyetek sat up and asked this question between coughs and splutters. Sitting up he saw that the tiger standing over him had his eyes bound.

”I am Cain, I gave you a tonic to stop the internal bleeding which caused you to black out. It also will help with the pain, however your ribs are broken and we need to get you somewhere safe. I am here to help you Weyetek.” Cain held out his hand to help Weyetek up.

”How do you know my name?” Weyetek was very wary of Cain, but he grabbed the enormous paw and stood up slowly.

”I know much about you Weyetek, your father was a great chief of the Darkroot Tribes. You, his son, are the greatest hunter they have ever known, yet you are still very young and have much to learn.” Cain walked over to where the rat had dropped Weyetek’s weapons and handed them to the nervous fox. “We must get out of the city, you need to rest. I know where we can go.”

”Where is it?”

”It’s near the small town of Sayer, I know of someone there who will help us. She has a troubled past but she will also play a role in things to come.” Cain turned and started walking as Weyetek put his equipment back on.

”How do you know all this, and how do I know that I can trust you?” Weyetek didn’t like that Cain spoke so vaguely, but he followed him anyway.

”Weyetek, know this. I have seen the downfall of good as evil stood over it laughing and the world was plunged into darkness. I have lived through it, and I can tell you that if we don’t leave now the army will find you and kill you. You need rest before you can fight again, this battle has just begun and I feel that this is only time you will have to rest. I will explain more when we are safe, as for now we need to go.” Cain was getting impatient and uneasy, he knew if they didn’t move now that it would be to late.

”Ok, but how are we going to get there? It’ll take at least a day to reach Sayer.” Weyetek was not looking forward to another long trek on foot, he almost died in the wastes and he was not eager to be so close to death again.

”Come now, Weyetek. Surely you did not think that I was unprepared? I brought this, it has enough fuel to reach Sayer, and a good nights rest.” Cain walked around the edge of the building they were in front of and pointed to a mid-size truck that looked like it had seen better days.

”Well, I hope we make it there without this pile breaking down on us. Ummm….should I drive? I mean, you can’t see while your eyes are bound.” Weyetek said almost laughing at the sight..

”Do not worry, I have different ways of seeing.” Cain said with a small grin glitting across his face. “Besides, how do you think I got here? Walked? I am far to old to be walking great distances, don’t you think an old man such as I deserve at least some leisure?” Cain said with a wise chuckle as he fired up the truck. The engine roared loudly as they barreled down the street and out of Rapture. Sayer was the next destination, and Cain’s next recruit….  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:14 pm
The moon shot a stream of light through a small hole in the clouds, slowly lifting Rob's spirit. The rainfall glistened on the ground below him as he finished preparing. This was going to be his call to arms. From now on, man and beast will learn to respect him, or even fear him. He threw down the rope ladder with one free hand and started his descent. Constantly looking back and forth for any hostiles. NOBODY could learn about this spot.

After a few steps, Rob could feel the weak balcony underneath him as he threw the ladder back up and shut the wall, like it would give way at any second. It was enough to get him to run back into the secured warehouse. Fueled by fear, vengence, and the purpose he strived for. Rob dashed through the old building as fast as his injured foot would let him.

Robert stopped right outside the open doors only long enough to check his ammo supply. AK-47. Might be a rusty a year or two of abuse. But full ammo. Robert had grabbed a few extra mags. Stashed in his pocket was his trusty magnum, six shots of lead, six killers, ready to be released on his command. Along with the sphere. His best friend, hell. His only friend. still giving off the slightest glow. Maybe enough power for one final charge. He was ready.

Rob sprinted into the street to find them nearly barren, which was quite a shock after what he had heard back in the freezer. The only thing close to a soldier was the remaings of some huge hunk of metal laying about a block away. Rob made it his first priority to decipher whether it was friend or foe.

It resembled a rhino of some sort. With its head barely attached to its enourmous torso. This thing was monstrous! And very well constructed. It had to have been military, which was a good thing. In a sense. At least there are others fighting. I'd hate to see the person who took THAT thing out.

After he had gotten over the bulk of the behemoth. Rob started thinking a little clearer. Sparks were still emmiting from the things frame, which meant it was freshly killed. Somebody was nearby. Somebody STRONG, and maybe helpful, was nearby.

Rob turned his attention to the small trail of blood that left from the spot that the figure still layed. Hopefully it's down for good. Rob became curious about the blood trail that led into the alleyway that he had originally came from. They couldn't have gotten far.

He questioned his thinking for a second. That thing must have been a handful. Maybe it would be better not to follow that guy. God knows what he's gonna go pick a fight with later. After slight conflict with himself, Robert had made up his mind. More people will only bring more attention from the army. I'll have to get my revenge on my own.

Robert was sure of that. He couldn't count on somebody else to fight his battles anymore. He would have to become the threat, on his own. The sound of echoing gunfire could be heard through the pattering rain. Rob listened in on where it was coming from. His ears were big, but that didn't mean hearing was any easier for him than any other mobian. The sound seemed to be coming from the other side of the rusty-brown warehouse. That was his fight he heard on the wind. That would be his chance. Already panting slightly, Rob ran past the hideout and toward the beckoning sound of war.

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Puff O Puff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:22 am
The night was calm even for megaopolis, not a single person was on the wide streets of the giant city. The dimly light streets of the megaopolis slums had an overly eerie glow. The silence was interrupted a torrent of loud coughing. The coughing originated from a greyish green gecko that was wearing blue jeans that were stained with oil and an equaly stained light grey hoodie. A tatoo looked like it was creeping up from the collar of his hoodie and ended right at his right eye. The tatoo looked as if four six vines crawled up his neck and part of his face at a distance. But each line were made of letters and each line formed a sentence.This geckos name was Caden Lagarto.

The look on Cadens face was one of pain and that look was proven true, by the small amount of blood trickling down the edge of his lip.

"Lung cancer... and i never knew it." Caden quickly recomposed himself and started walking down the abandend roads. The buildings around him seemed as if they were towering over him. It almost seemed as if they were staring at him with randomly placed square eyes.

He took a right and opened a door to a fairly tall building. The sign above said "Bridge view apartments" Caden couldn't help but laugh a little when he remembered the sign and thought "Their is no bridge and there is no view." After going up a few flights of stairs and pulled out a key and walked to a door that had the numbers 319 on a metal plate right at eye height for most people. when he opened the door he suddenly feared tommorow for some reason... it was as if he knew his life was going to change completely.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:17 pm
How is there this much chaos?? How can such a strictly structured, “Do it my way or die” organization like The Army send thing so far out of control every time they go anywhere!? Contrary to the apparent popular assumption, it’s not so easy to clean up after!
The frustrated Master Sergeant let out a weighted sigh as he led his small search party throughout the city, picking up stragglers, dealing with the wounded, and arresting escapees. Already their small group of five had nearly tripled, though that served little comfort due to the expansive maze of streets and alleys that lay before them.
Anywhere… Anyone could be anywhere…
John couldn’t help but feel a bit paranoid, it felt like every corner he turned was yet another chance for some rebel or escapee to leap from the shadows and run him through.
“SIR!”
He nearly leapt out of his soggy fur. His focus had been ahead of him, a little behind, but not to his right… He let out a deep breath-- that he had been holding for some time-- and turned to the soldier who had addressed him.
Y--yes… ahemYes, Sergeant…!?”
“Sir, I see something over here!! It’s… big, Sir…
“What…? I… Alright then… We’d better go have a look…”
He took the lead heading toward the alley where the Corporal had indicated, moving slowly in the case it may turn out to be a trap. Or something. With a gun. As they rounded the corner, Kenderson could just make out the outline of some hulking machine being pelted by the rain. He didn’t recognize the model, but it certainly bore the fingerprints of the Army’s scientists.
It must be a prototype or something… It’s massive! Who… Who could’ve taken it out??
Then something dawned on him. Panic rising in his throat, he spun full circle, his eyes darting between shadows. He turned to the troops as they entered the alley and started to gawk at the recently decapitated mechanized beast lying face down in a pool of glowing green liquid.
“No… We have to get out of here! Whoever did this could still be here! ABOUT FACE! GET OUT OF THE ALLEY!!”
“Sir, the bots could--”
“Right! E-pvT’s! Scan the area immediately!!”
SIR. ALL SCANS INDICATE THE AREA TO BE CLEAR, SIR. NO HOSTILES ARE PRESENT, SIR.
“I… Ah… Good! That’s good… Good job. Ok, let’s see what we’ve got here.”
He stooped close to the behemoth and examined the substance that was seeping from the severed tubes. He hadn’t ever seen anything like it… Then again, he had never seen what they used inside these bots. He wasn’t by any means an engineer. Something, though… There was something… enthralling about it. It drew him in, as though it were something he wanted. He reached out to dip his fingers in the substance, but was snapped out of his trance at the sound of rubble falling from a nearby building. His head swung around to look at the culprit of the clatter and noticed that there was a very large chunk missing from the building's corner.
It must've run into that as it came around the corner... We'd better get out of here.
“Come on, let's get this thing back to Base! Billy-- err, Corporal! Go back and get the truck, we'll wait here!”

“Yes sir!”
As Cpl. Billy ran back the direction they had come, the rain pelted all the harder on the waiting search team. John tore himself away from the glowing substance puddling on the ground, only to find nothing around him held any interest. The dark alley, the monotonous rain, the battered street, the stupidly tall concrete walls on all sides, the continuous sounds of war. It was yet another conquered city. Though this time, one of the few surviving industrialized ones.
Though that didn't prove much difference.
So, he went back to his pondering of the glowing mystery goo.
It held a pale green tinge, bright and vibrant as an emerald, but almost milky at the same time. It was thick, much like crude oil before being processed. Its color, though vibrant, was not truly solid. It looked as though it was poorly mixed, with swirls of darker green, solid white, even green so neon it was nearly yellow. The glow it gave off supplied far more light than one would have guessed. John dipped his fingers into the puddle, scooping up a small amount in his hand. It felt warm, and instantly gave the same tingling sensation one feels when their foot falls asleep. After a minute or so, however, the skin on Kenderson's fingers began to rash. He frantically wiped his hand on his jacket, trying to relieve the burning. More curious than ever, he leaned in close to the puddle and took a deep breath. It smelled odd, like a mixture of propane and burning paper. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but there was just something very familiar about it. It must have been--

“SIR!!”
John fell from his crouching position onto his rear, letting out a small yelp as he hit the street.
“WHAT--” Kenderson looked up indignantly at the Cpl, “do you WANT!?”
He glared at Billy as he awaited a response.
“Sir... I'm back with the truck...”
“The tr--? Oh. I... Good.”
The red glow of John's face could be easily distinguished through his fur. Even over the substantial glow of the green liquid. He got himself off the ground, though his eyes seemed glued to it. The only thing that could avert his attention away from the ground was the beautiful goo. He tore his eyes away once again and stood up to his full, though unintimidating height. His composure regained, he began to order the removal of the large metallic husk.
“Alright, get it up on the truck! I want an E-BOT on each corner, and everyone else to fill in o each side! Sergeant, get that leg! Wait, Pvt., you get under the head, it’s falling! Ok, now… LIFT!! Good… good… Ok, now—DROP!”
The weight of the bestial machine brought a creaking to the ears of the troops as the axels strained tremendously under it. Kenderson looked around and decided that the best course of action was to get the mountain of metal back to base immediately and return to his orders with a new, unburdened truck. He turned toward the truck to make sure it was holding up, which it was-but only just, and gave the order to head in for the deposit.
~*~*~*~*~*~

They arrived at City Hall in the midst of… More chaos.
If there’s anything this Army does well…
“Alright… Corporal, go order that idle group of E-pvT’s to help with the unloading.”

“SIR!”
Billy leapt off the truck and made his way over to the E-BOTS, weaving between the masses of soldiers, recaptured prisoners, and other BOTS as they went about their duties. After their instant acknowledgement, the orders were exchanged and the BOTS followed Billy back to the heavy laden truck. The BOTS and the now sore and tired soldiers hefted the massive carapace out of the over burdened vehicle, and into the wide double doors to Town Hall Building.
They didn’t fit.
John let out an irritated sigh.

“Alright, I can’t get through the door. I’ll let go and follow you in.”
John backed out of the way and followed the slow procession into their temporary base of operations. The inside was only slightly less chaotic than the grounds had been.
“Sir! LOOK OUT!!”
“ Wha--??”
He had diverted his attention from his men. One of them had slipped and fallen out from under his place, forcing one of the unintelligent E-pvT’s to make up the slack. One of the arms went swinging outward, taking Kenderson off guard and flying straight for his temple. He saw the shimmering wet metal, thought how amazing it was that it could be so clean after lying on the street in the rain, and then found he could no longer see its sheen for some reason. An instant later, his ears erupted with intense ringing at the same time that his senses went reeling. He could only just comprehend that he was falling backward, but not well enough stop his own descent. When he hit the ground, he suddenly became properly aware of his surroundings. First, the pain flowering in his head, then the solid white that seemed to be all he could see melted away, revealing what he could only describe as ‘the pretty rainbows’ he saw when he was at that college party some years ago. Then, more slowly, his hearing returned as the searing ringing faded. He groaned as he labored to stand, his stomach was upside down, and his heart was sideways. Several soldiers stopped and helped him up, and he leaned his full weight on them, working fiendishly hard to suppress his retching. Once he’d gained control of his stomach, he stood on his own feet and turned toward the door. He looked up and found the room was rocking. He took a deep breath, and righted himself. As he looked on, he saw two things; first, a soldier with a very bright rainbow splotch for a head walked in, and then a knocked out prisoner, held up by nothing floated into the large entryway. Kenderson tilted his head to one side, trying to make sense of things in his head. It was effective to some extent, as he then realized the rainbow splotch was in his vision, not the soldiers head.
Unfortunately, it only confused him further in terms of the floating blue and green hedgehog. He blinked a couple of times, trying to clear his eyes, but came to the same conclusion. He shook his head, but only found that to be a monumental mistake. He reluctantly walked over to the floating prisoner. As he neared the strange scene, he bumped into another soldier. After a quick apology, he turned his head back only to find Nevermore’s hooded face only inches from his own. He let out a small wimper and fought his legs’ attempts to turn into gel. He took a labored step backward and noticed the limp body of the hedgehog slumped over Nevermore’s shoulder.

Oh… His cloak… It must’ve just been… blending in…
The rainsoaked heavily shadowed white cloak matched the black and white pattern of the wall quite effectively.
“C--Colonel Nevermore, SIR! I… uh… found a destroyed BOT, Sir! I know they usually get left, but this one appeared to be some sort of prototype. I’ve never seen it before. My men just unloaded it, erm, Sir!”  

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:10 am
The military is moving on. Still, it's too quiet down there. What's going on.

Her attention came to something else, the only other thing on this street.
That rabbit.

Night folded her wings in and both feet planted solidly on the metal railing, echoing the deep metal creek.
'How naive, this again. What the hell does he think he's doing? Does he want that foot to fall off? See, he almost tripped over the curb. Does he sincerely think he's being brave?

Seems to be my cliche. Push your luck until your luck runs out.

Well, it's not happening again.'

She snapped back the double- action and fired, aiming for the ground. The Mobain actually didn't stop.
Another shot rang out, three, four. He stopped and was looking for where the ominous shots came from, but anger nagged her to pull again. She didn't in fear it would only go 'click', end of magazine.

So she fueled anger to her voice.
"Wake up! Your just an naive incompetent kid! You think your brave if you can hide your fear behind a gun! Are you so blind from arrogance that you think you can actually have a place here? Decimate a melodramatics's game?"
The rabbit's face went numb. He knew who shot at him. She actually manged to chuckle at the thought, bring the sound closer as she landed in front of him.
"Inconsequential brat. I could have killed you four times right then."

Another barrel was pointed at her. How many times was that today?
Night frowned. It wasn't even necessary to walk closer before swinging her fist up and left. There was a clack like his gun was hit by something and knocked it across the pavement. The unnamed rabbit's eyes grew in both curiosity and terror.

She suddenly coughed and struggled to find her breath for a moment. Her head throbbed, the quivering in her hands strengthened. If she forced her telekinesis anymore she could black out; but not from physical weakness. She shouldn't be pushing herself Chaosticly like this.

The boy stared at the gun that had just flown from his hand in amazement. "I don't have time for your s***. What do you want?"

A shaky sigh. "You have shelter in there." Motioning to the warehouse, she dropped each word like a stone. "Show me how to get in. And if your too stubborn to listen, you can get 9mm lead. Move."

Still. The rabbit didn't look defeated, like there was a chance in him dodging a bullet from this range.
"You think I haven't been in this position before?"

Nothing changed in her face. The sight on her Beretta came right in the middle of his eyes.
BLAM!
Inwardly, she smirked. He flinched slightly at that. She had jerked her arm up at the last moment and instid shattered the bulb in the street light above them, showering him in splintered glass.
"Move your a**, now."

The rabbit seemed to be growing impatient if anything. After recovering from the shot, he said something that pierced right through her.

"You wouldn't kill an unarmed kid wouldja? Drop the act and just try to stop me."  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:48 am
As Col Winters stepped into rank next to him, Rage couldn’t help but notice the poisonous glint in those beady eyes.

Hey! What was that for??

I betcha he’s jealous.

Of what…?

My foot.

Psh. Who CARES?

I care…

“I dunno. Where’s the Big Man? Isn’t he usually here before--”

Traffic problems. He prolly hit a telephone pole. Or a baby carriage. Either way, that would slow ya down.

Yeah, cuz ya gotta go to the car wash to get all that--

Lamppost.

Huh…?

… He didn’t hit a lamppost. Seriously. He’s just--

Oh, so he DID hit a baby carriage?

No! He’s just--

Musta been a soccer player.

... What?

He’s just… Wait, what? What’s a soccer player got to do with--

HE MUSTA BEEN TRYIN TA INFILTRATE OUT SHINDIG!

How dare he?!

No.

What? What no?

I dunno.

You're no?!!?

That's not what I said....!!!

Just… Would you cut it out?!? Jeeze!

But… I just--

At that very moment, a faint, mechanical clanking could be heard. Heads turned and all eyes fell on the main doors-- where the General was expected to present his awards and promotions. A small robot zipped into the room as the doors slowly opened themselves.

Little guy’s kinda cute! Wait…! I think he’s tryin to tell us something!! What is it, boy? Uh huh… Yeah… What’s that boy? You’re a girl? Oh, sorry, boy! I’ll tell everyone! HEY!! I HAVE SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT TO TELL YOU GUYS!! The little bot just--

WOULD YOU STOP IT!? Just SHUT your indomitable PIE HOLE!! You’ve already got Rage nearly doubled over with laughter, and with all these high ranking officers present, THAT’S A VERY BAD THING!!
Anyway, once the bot had come to a stop in front of the entire assembly, it sent a small current of energy into its speakers- causing an audible squeal to emit from them- in order to draw the attention of the waiting soldiers.

>{ATTENTION, ALL PRESENT. A MESSAGE FROM THE GENERAL HIMSELF. PREPERATIONS ARE FINISHED, AND OUR MILITARY LEADER WILL ARRIVE SHORTLY. PLEASE REMAIN AT ATTENTION. THAT IS ALL.}<

The bot about faced, and zipped back out the large double doors, which clanked closed behind him.

“So … does that mean we’re still gonna wait…?”

The words came out of his mouth far louder than he had intended, but before anyone could step forward to reprimand him, the doors opened once more, this time not of their own volition. A sudden stillness swept over the room. If it seemed hushed when Winters had entered…
The entire room was holding its breath, as though every soul present feared their breath could set off some unseen detonator. Some, being unaccustomed to being in the General’s company, found themselves turning blue. But they dared not be the one who shattered the tangible silence. The General strode through the doors, standing nearly a foot taller than every other living soldier in the building. No Mobian he had met had ever surpassed his shoulder. Standing upon his upper podium he towered over the entire room, elevated another several feet by the construct. He walked slowly to the edge of his stage, taking in his surroundings, relishing the flawless uniformity that stood before him.
The tiny messenger bot zipped back into the room, coming to an abrupt stop next to the General. It swiveled to face him and let out a single beep. At this sound, all E-Soldiers brought up a salute to their General, signaling all Mobian troops to do the same. Once all had complied, the General gave a brisk return salute, allowing the soldiers to drop theirs. He stood a moment more, and then bellowed in his deep, powerful, yet effortless commanding tone.

“Officers of our glorious Army. We are here tonight to both celebrate a strong and militarily advantageous victory, and to decorate those who made it a possibility. We have now taken command of the large city of Rapture, the last major city in this province. Now, only the small, yet fully modernized city of Midway and the as of yet still medieval villages of Sayer and Criofan escape our influence. This is, in no small part, due to Cpl. Blake, Lt. Staffers, Col. Rage and Col. Winters. They have all shown great loyalty and bravery in the field of battle and on the home front.”

At this, the General swiftly turned to face those he had mentioned before, all lined up along the right side of the stage. As his hand shot to his temple, he began to speak.

“Gentlemen, for your outstanding courage and pride of state-- we salute you!

At this, every soldier in the room save for those four facing the General stomped their left foot while turning to face those same four and raised a salute. Winters, being the only one who knew what to do-- while still caring, returned the salute to the General. The others in line next to him quickly followed suit, as they wouldn’t likely be pardoned for not having been to such a ceremony before. Just for shock value, Rage lifted his hand to his head and then let it go limp. The General apparently hadn’t noticed, or he ignored it, and immediately made his way to Cpl. Blake. After coming to a halt in front of him, the General took a medal from the rich wood box that the until now forgotten messenger bot presented him with.

“Corporal Blake, for your great courage under enemy fire, and as the only surviving member of this battle’s Alpha Squadron Force, I present you with this honor, the Blazing Heart. I also do now promote you to specialist. Your services to this Army are outstanding! Congratulations, soldier!

With this, the General saluted the young survivor once more, which he immediately returned, quivering, desperately holding back tears and beaming with pride. The General then moved on to the Lt., with the messenger bot scurrying over to his side once more.

“Lieutenant Staffers, for your doubtless loyalty in the face of evil’s charm, and unwavering resolve in carrying out your orders, I present you with these honors, the Beaming Star and the Silver Sword. Your unending services to this Army are inspiring! Congratulations, soldier!

This time, the soldier seemed less than pleased. His scowl and stiff demeanor showed more than simple tradition. He returned the General’s salute as though he were delivering a sword through the chest. There was a glint in the General’s eyes, but he moved on.

“Colonel Rage, for your vision and ruthless execution of orders, I present you with this honor, the Gold Hammer, not presented since I was given ranking position.”

There was a collective inward breath at these words. Everyone in the building-- in fact, most in the Army knew that it was the General himself that had been the second and last to receive it.

“Also, for your consecutive, surmountable victories over this last year, I now enlist you into the National Green Berets, and promote you to the rank of Brigadier General, the first General promotion since myself. Your… artistic services to this Army are overwhelming! Congratulations, soldier!

After the beret was placed onto Rage’s head, he slowly lifted his face to look at the General’s. A huge, toothy grin that curled around at the corners opened the lower half of his face. He held his stance--with his hands at his sides-- for as long as this blissful loaded silence would allow. He then noticed the furrowing eyebrows of the General. His lips snapped shut, though his smile didn’t fade. He quickly raised his hand to his forehead, fingers floppy, and launched his hand back to his waist, putting his entire body into delivering the force, not to be outdone be the Lt.’s furious motion. The General’s eyes narrowed to glowing slivers, but again he moved on.

“Colonel Winters, for your beautiful, complete and precise execution of orders, I present you with these honors, the Medal of Honor, the Gold star, and the Silver Sword. I also promote you to Brigadier General, among the first to receive such a promotion since myself. Your orderly services to this Army are irreplaceable! Congratulations, soldier!

Brigadier General Rowan Winters dropped his return salute ceremoniously. The General then turned to the crowd, and readied to make another speech. Rage let out a sigh of relief.

Man, that was a lot of holding my breath!

Your breath?! That was my breath you were holding!

“It’s a good thing the breath holding contests between all the other people here are over…”

Breath holdi…? That’s the only reason you were relieved? Ugh… I’m not EVEN going there.

Huh? Going where…?

Just… Nevermind.

But, I thought…

“--laim myself EMPEROR!”

The entire auditorium went silent, as if it were possible. Even Rage was taken completely off guard. He took a quick glance to the side, and noticed that Winters was equally surprised. He smirked and looked back to the newly self proclaimed Emperor. He was impressed. That was a decision that Rage could respect. And thus, he actually listened to the rest of the speech.

“From this day forward, My word will be law in this Province, and wherever else my reach may spread! Not just to be obeyed by the military, but by all peoples who live or visit within my Empire! My rule is absolute, my laws without exception. Today, you have bared witness to a great and magnificent moment in history! This monumental occasion marks the rising of the sun upon the beginning of the New World’s Order!

At the declaration of those last words, the Emperor thrust his fists into the air to the cheering of the huge crowd of officers in the auditorium.

That’s… Wow!!

I know, right??

Did you really just say that…? You’ve been spending WAY too much time on the internet…

But it’s so neato! He just decided to make himself the Emperor!

I know!! It’s… Wait… Um... What’s a laim…?

Sigh…  

Clutch 45
Captain

Gracious Lunatic

7,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Guildmember 100

Tasson

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:33 am
"So, Cain. Where exactly are we going? Weyetek broke the silence in the truck that was barreling down a battered old road.

"I told you, we're going to Sayer. I know of someone who can help you." Cain had been purposefully vague to where he was headed, let alone to whom they were going to see.

"What do you mean you know of someone?

"Is that not self explanatory?" Cain let out a wise old chuckle as he said this. "Her name is Evangeline, she hasn't met me yet, but she like you, will play a role in things to come. Trust me Weyetek, If I had any notion of killing you. You'd already be dead."

"Well that's...reassuring? How is it exactly that she can help me?"

"She can give you a place to rest. Besides, I also need to speak wit-

Cain stopped mid sentence and got out of the car.

"What are you doing?!" Weyetek yelled from the passenger seat.

"Stay in the truck Weyetek, no matter what happens, get to Sayer if I don't make it." Cain drew his blades and stood in front of the truck.

Just as Cain took his stance, a military humvy pulled out from behind the trees to the right. Four soldiers stepped out from the vehicle and face Cain.

"Sorry to interrupt your romantic drive through the country side. But the fox is coming with us."

"Not while this old cat still breathes." Cain stood his ground.

"In that case, let the fun begin." The soldier that adressed cain was a rat with three hedgehogs with him. The hedghogs all pulled up small pistols while the rat drew two swords from his back.

"Let me have the first go boys, let's see what the blind man can do." The rat lunged forward and cain and him were locked in battle, it took very little time for the rat to notice he was outclassed. Just as he realized this, Cain delivered a leg kick that took him down and jumped on him.

"Leave now. Tell your General that his war is lost." Cain growled into the face of the trembling rat.

"NOW!!!!" The rat screamed. The three hedghogs then shot Cain with the pistols they had, whick turned out to be stun guns with a super charged battery.

Cain couldn't move in time and was hit by the three shocking shots. He fell to the ground and was convulsing violently.

"How's ten thousand volts? Furball!" The rats jeers soon disapated as Cain was starting to stand up. The rat acted quickly and slashed the tiger across the chest leaving a giant gash.

As Cain forced himself up he felt a warm syrupy sensation on his chest, he looked down in shock to see the gash the sword had left. Cain then let out a furious roar that was so loud the rat had to cover his ears because it hurt. Cain threw his weapons down and snapped his claws open. He grabbed the rat and squeezed his neck shut with the claws. He was on the other soldiers so fast that they had no time to react. He took the first two out the same as the rat and as he reached the last soldier he picked the hedgehog off his feet and let out another roar straight into his face. Then, Cain sunk his teeth into the hedgehogs neck and spit out more than just blood. Then in exhaustion and pain, he dropped to his knees.  
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:54 pm
Nevermore set the unconscious hedgehog on the ground in front of Master Sergeant Kenderson. He took the sheathed sword from his back and tossed it to the mobian. "Watch him." He spoke simple words to the frightened cat, as the mobian seemed uneasy in his presence. Initially he did not express gratitude towards Kenderson's efforts, for unlike some ranking officers, Nevermore did not reward mediocrity from a mobian. Mobians were capable of more than a robot. Robots could only follow orders, they're generally not capable of going above and beyond their duty, where as a mobian can. In addition, Kenderson's fear showed weakness, this did not impress him.

He turned his attention to the incapacitated robot whos records showed was a prototype bot under the model name Titan. His neck was severed. The cut was clean, not torn apart, indicating some kind of sharp metallic object, likely a sword or some other kind of of cutting weaponry. It more importantly showed that whomever had done this was indeed skilled. To bring down a bot like this in one blow... I would like to meet the individual capable of this. A pool of greenish clear liquid spilled from the bot. After a short scan, he noticed that the hoses carrying the liquid seemed to be intricately placed throughout the entire body of the bot. To Nevermore, it resembled the system of veins or nerves inside a mobian body. What this liquid was used for was not known to him. Searching his files for the substance brought him to an area beyond his access. Whatever it is, I'm not supposed to know about it.

Nevermore wanted to know more about the prototype, and the only way for him to do that was to open it up. At first, he looked for a way to open the front chest plate, but the behemoth was massively armored. He wondered what kind of machinery could even be used to construct the bot. Such skill it would take to build such a masterpiece. He released the locking mechanism on his hammer, taking it in his hand. He swung lightly at the robot's chest, using only enough force for the axe blade end of his weapon to pierce through the breastplate. He replaced his weapon and used his hand to pry open the gash further.

An complex system was before him. Most of it he was not programmed to know about, but he did see more of the green vein-like tubes strung throughout. He could make out a feint red glowing behind the mechanics of the beast. He curiously pushed aside the inner workings to reveal a small, red gem. It was approximately one inch in height and the same for width. The stone resembled a ruby in color and had a cut of the round brilliant design, the same cut used in jewelry that is priced and designed for the common consumer. Simply by examining the gem's design, he could tell that these were mass produced for time and cost efficiency. The best cut for a gem like this would have been a concave cut. However, that would be more costly and more time consuming. When he tried to access information on the gem, he came across the same inaccessibility as the green liquid. He reached in to pull out the object. When his hand made contact with it, the gem seemed to glow slightly brighter and gave off a reading of increased heat. This seemed to be the only likely power source of the Titan model.

He took the gem from the bot and placed it in his cloak, rising back up to a standing position. He turned back to Master Sergeant Kenderson. "For now, keep what you have seen to yourself. The information on the workings of this model is classified. The bot is no longer functional and I have removed what I believe to be its power source. Therefore the prototype can remain here for now. I will go to headquarters to speak with Colonel Winters and report on our situation. You are to remain here and oversee the rebuilding of the town, and a new prison, using whatever resources you need. You are to also make sure that this prisoner does not escape again. He may have been the cause of the prison's destruction and his abilities will need to be examined at a later date."

He could see the uneasiness in the mobian's eyes. It was clear that he would not be capable of containing the hedgehog once it regained consciousness. He called over a E-Pvt. Nevermore went to the nearby wall and tore off a thick piece of metal piping. He then handed the pipe to the E-Pvt and had him tie the chunk of pipe around the hedgehog's hands as a makeshift pair of handcuffs. "The hedgehog's energy is down to an extreme minimum. Hopefully it will stay that way and you should be able to manage his containment." He could still see the cat's uncertainty. "You've done well Master Sergeant. Don't forget your accomplishments thus far." He gave him a salute in an attempt to encourage the mobian. His programming had taught him that this encouragement was occasionally successful on mobians. Though, as a robot, he was not fully aware or able to comprehend a mobians need for self-esteem. Regardless, he felt it necessary in this situation. It was the first time he had given what was known as a compliment. Nevermore then made his way out of the building and into the stormy night, disappearing into the darkness.

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

Puff O Puff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:27 pm
Rook looked threw a small hole in the apartment door to see several men in armor. S.W.A.T had come for him he needed some way to get out... he was four stories up. He looked around assessing his options until his eyes caught a rope in their sight. As quietly as he could he walked over to the rope and picked it up. The rope was hardly four feet long. His ear twitched as he heard the nearly inaudible sound of a swat member whispering.

"Five..." Rook didn't have much time. Rook quickly started to make a loop on both ends of the rope and he tossed it up around the ceiling fan.

"Four..." Quickly grabbing a dark red marker he started to write on the wall, "three..." Putting a period at the end of the sentence he quickly turned around and grabbed a chair.

"Two..." He slid it under the ceiling fan. Turning around opening the closet door he dragged out an unconscious figure. He stood him up onto the chair and put the rope around his neck, then he kicked the chair out from under the figure. Quickly he turned around and heard a loud smashing sound of the swat breaking down his door.

The image that greeted them was a hanging figure, a broken window, and writing on the wall. "Run, run as fast as you can you can't catch me I'm the ginger bread man." The writing when read would have seemed innocent if it weren't from the hanging body not four feet from it.

Wind wiped across his face as he fell to the ground. Rook closed his eyes waiting for the impact. Instead of smashing against the ground he broke threw the concrete much like he would glass. Looking down he inky shadows that moved on there own accord. The farther he fell the more and more he could see the shadows, and in the shadows he saw where black, featureless figures reaching up towards him. He grew nervous the figures grew more and more numerous the closer he got... it was as if they would just appear out of the ground. He was seconds from the ground when all the figures looked up and yelled

"YOU KILLED US...YOU KILLED US ALL!!!"

As quickly as they formed they gained feature. All of them every single one of them had grave wounds on them. Some were burned horribly and others where to horrible to even imagine. Rook stared silently as he fell straight into their hands, straight into their cold clawing hands. Rooks eyes darted open and he bolted up into a sitting position. He raised his hand and noticed that it was shaking uncontrollably.

Rook felt his familiar uniform on and looked down to see that he was sitting on a greenish grey cot that was stiff and that was extremely uncomfortable. What where they trying to do break his back? Slowly Rook laid back down and started to wait for the medic to come and check on him. He didn't want to attract attention to himself he needed to be anonymous and expendable. He needed to make friends and one hell of an enemy then he would make his deal.  
TDC Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff