Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Reticence

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:17 pm

I still like the fact that the episodes showing
now on Toonami are the episodes released preactically
a year ealier on line from Japan. So. Im always a step
ahead. And it feels great. Hurray?! O__o

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:55 am
No.
Kids freak out about other fans.
No one should give a damn about what others do.
I like the Japanese version, and if people hate me for it, screw them.
They just can't read Japanese, so they throw a fit.
Even scanalations are better.
But I don't think it's, "ruined."
Just like Inuyasha. I like the Japanese version.
Everyone hates the English version.
That didn't ruin if for me. <3

((What ruined it for me was Inuyasha turning human.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:57 am
*ahem* WHAT A DRAG. rofl ((s**t, they DID ruin everyone's phrases.))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:40 am
they werent thinking very well of those teenagers who have been longing to see Naruto for the longest time.
No! they were conserned with the little kids that usually sit down on CN aaaaaaaaaall day long (i.e. my bros). They didnt want them to see anything little kids shouldnt! They know kids see and hear crap everywhere but want to raise a good examlpe! SO BELIEVE IT!
also, if the parents found out their kids all time superhero that they run around immitating is saying "Dammit!" they WILL bann CN from their regular channels: something CN cant afford to have!
because they need money too, heck it's a business to them! They do whatever to bring home the money!
They dont care about what the older viewers say!
It's because we make up the least of the population! ><;
Our interests dont matter!

ok done! mrgreen  

Reso Miso Soup

MistuhFieryCat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:07 am
Hmmmm...I haven't been able to compare those two versions.

I only watch either one. I switched to the Japanese version long ago because a lot has praised it.

Hmmmm...so the way they translate it doesn't have anything to do with the bad American version?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:46 am
Resolute Infliction
they werent thinking very well of those teenagers who have been longing to see Naruto for the longest time.
No! they were conserned with the little kids that usually sit down on CN aaaaaaaaaall day long (i.e. my bros). They didnt want them to see anything little kids shouldnt! They know kids see and hear crap everywhere but want to raise a good examlpe! SO BELIEVE IT!
also, if the parents found out their kids all time superhero that they run around immitating is saying "Dammit!" they WILL bann CN from their regular channels: something CN cant afford to have!
because they need money too, heck it's a business to them! They do whatever to bring home the money!
They dont care about what the older viewers say!
It's because we make up the least of the population! ><;
Our interests dont matter!

ok done! mrgreen
You make a very good point. :]
It's also true no adult in their right mind would ask Naruto to be on adult swim.
((Sorry if anyone is. I mean like 20-30 tops.))

Syndactyly

Eternal Transience

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:05 pm
I was utterly pissed off when I heard the dub for the first time. How could they do that!! Ruin a best selling manga and anime by dubbing it... just because some people don't like to read subtitles. They cut out more than half the amount of blood, the swearing, the 'themes'.... and worst of all, they put it on Toonami. It was not a PG show! And then, they butchered the phrases, everytime I hear Believe it! I feel like screaming. They could have at least put some effort into where they said it. "I've never heard of these 'Chu-neen' exams, Believe it!" does not make sense. I'm glad Madman entertainment have said that when Naruto is released here in Australia, they will have an uncut version. Thank God.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:02 am
I was never excited about it, well maybe before I heard it was Toonami. Toonami is notorious for ruining good anime.

And if the watered down Toonami version lasts as long as Dragonball and the anime makes it to manga chapter 250+ I'd hate to see what happens to Sai

(Sai = a character who replaces Sasuke and frequently refer to Naruto's p***s....which is ok, its after the time skip so theyre all 16+)

Darkaura

~the Love Goddess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:08 pm
...They ruined Naruto. HOWEVER! At least I can buy merchandise, now... A lot more Naruto items on Ebay than there was a year ago... xp

...The dub is terrible. I have... no words to describe its awfulness, except... it sucks. I hope maybe sometime they make the Japanese version of the anime available in the USA... then I might consider buying it. Tough cookies to Toonami: What little kid has the money to buy anime? What adult would buy anime for their child, because it costs so much? Us teenagers are the ones who obsess, and have money... twisted Toonami really made a bad decision there. Bakas...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:20 pm
The dub is pretty good, the voices are pretty close and it's funny to watch.
There is no such thing as a perfect dub unless the original Naruto voice actors and actressses learn fluent English and redo the whole show.
-------

You want to know what's really funny? I used to hate the Naruto anime for ruining a perfectly good manga with annoying voices, bad picture and etc.

You just need to accept it and try to enjoy it.  

P a r a K i s s

~the Love Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:01 am
P a r a K i s s
The dub is pretty good, the voices are pretty close and it's funny to watch.
There is no such thing as a perfect dub unless the original Naruto voice actors and actressses learn fluent English and redo the whole show.
-------

You want to know what's really funny? I used to hate the Naruto anime for ruining a perfectly good manga with annoying voices, bad picture and etc.

You just need to accept it and try to enjoy it.

I think that it's insulting to Masashi Kishimoto, and those who work with him on creating Naruto. In the Japanese anime, the voices really help to bring out the characters. In the dub, the voices sound really forced... and you can tell that it's adults trying to sound like children. They lack personality, and they also lack depth. One thing I quite abhor is the fact that- while Naruto may act stupid sometimes- they made Naruto stupid to the point of almost mental retardation. Naruto isn't stupid, he's over-extravagant. ...I used to even hate the Japanese anime, but I learned to love it. But I can't accept that they changed Naruto from the original intentions of the author, into something... in my mind... perverse. Corrupt. Flawed. Mutated. Etc... I would be hurt if I were Masashi Kishimoto.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:53 pm
well you have to think about what you're saying....how do you think they got naruto on air? i mean im sure if masashi kishimoto didn't want them to show the dubbed version of naruto on CN he would have fought them. i mean it is his show and all and it is copywrighted so the only way they could put it on air is if they got his permission (i think). i personally love the dub. of course it doesn't compare with the regular version i think it's fine. i do get a little mad when they mispronounce something, but it's not like they edit out uber important parts. i mean everyone hates the dub for dumb reasons like "Their voices suck" and "they edited stuff out" and of course "i hate it when naruto says believe it". these are the few things i have to say about those things:

1. the show is in ENGLISH not japanese so their voices are not going to be exactly the same
2. ZOMG they edited the stabbing part out and asuma's lit cigarrete too.....oh wait did they even need those parts? I DON'T THINK SO
3. wow, he says beleive it.....why dont you go watch a subbed naruto episode and listen to how many times he says dattebayo

i mean you can't expect a show to change languages entirely and it still be exactly the same. i mean if you don't like it then dont watch it and let that be the end of it instead of complaining about how much you hate it......im sorry if ive gone on a small rant but it just kinda pisses me off when i see these kinda threads

Historical

~the Love Goddess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:31 pm
Junzaki
well you have to think about what you're saying....how do you think they got naruto on air? i mean im sure if masashi kishimoto didn't want them to show the dubbed version of naruto on CN he would have fought them. i mean it is his show and all and it is copywrighted so the only way they could put it on air is if they got his permission (i think). i personally love the dub. of course it doesn't compare with the regular version i think it's fine. i do get a little mad when they mispronounce something, but it's not like they edit out uber important parts. i mean everyone hates the dub for dumb reasons like "Their voices suck" and "they edited stuff out" and of course "i hate it when naruto says believe it". these are the few things i have to say about those things:

1. the show is in ENGLISH not japanese so their voices are not going to be exactly the same
2. ZOMG they edited the stabbing part out and asuma's lit cigarrete too.....oh wait did they even need those parts? I DON'T THINK SO
3. wow, he says beleive it.....why dont you go watch a subbed naruto episode and listen to how many times he says dattebayo

i mean you can't expect a show to change languages entirely and it still be exactly the same. i mean if you don't like it then dont watch it and let that be the end of it instead of complaining about how much you hate it......im sorry if ive gone on a small rant but it just kinda pisses me off when i see these kinda threads

What can I say? People like to rant, as you've said. xp If you knew that, why did you post? It's a way of getting our point of view out, that's why...

1. ...I don't like the fact that they didn't consider us fans, and did the voices half-assedly. I wouldn't mind if they at least used voices that weren't so obviously forced, or obviously adults trying to sound like children. Or maybe voices that suggested there was actually a character behind them. At least get some quality voice actors, they don't need to sound like the Japanese ones, but they ought to have some skill at what they do.

2. Well, it would be nice if they didn't edit stuff out... but heck, if they are going to make it a children's show, then fine.

3. Yeah? I don't mind that either. In fact, it's kind of cute/funny.

...And I don't know if the artist actually watches the versions of their manga in other languages. Toonami might have just bought rights from whatever company owned Naruto.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:08 pm
A lot of people think alike on this subject.

I can't watch the English version. I get physically upset. >.>; I start yelling and screaming at the t.v. and I bite the people closest to me really hard. sweatdrop

I love Naruto. But I just cannot tolerate the english one - whatsoever.  

Kittori

Anxious Blob

Kittori

Anxious Blob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:16 pm
Junzaki

Yes, they would have to get his permission..o_o;
But who'se going to say no when you're being offered money just to publish your show? I know I wouldn't.

1. The voices are bad...i'm sure they could've picked better people. But I don't blame the voice actors.

2. People we're pissed when the cut out the Sasuke/Naruto kissing scene. I mean C'MON! What exactly are you hidding from us?O_o; That gays don't exist? I don't think so. They remove all yaoi like things.
Ex: Sailor Moon. One of Queen Beryl's henchmen was a man and was in love with another member of her team. In the English they made that character into a woman...o_o.
I just find - and so do a lot of others - they shouldn't edit/take out anything. There's just enough violence on all of their movies to cover any anime...
Naruto is like a show for little kids now...X.x

3. "Belive it" is annoying. But any repetition after almost every sentence is freakin' annoying @.@; In english AND japanese.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff