Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Blabber
ARGUMENT CLUB Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:31 pm
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
Fresnel
village midget
marmite ... is obviously prefereable
I'm going to ******** murder you with a brick for that, I swear to god.

Seriously, people...What the ******** is marmite?
To quote Morgan, from LRR... "It tastes like a ******** yeast infection!"

neutral how would that person know what a yeast infection tastes like? sweatdrop
Damfino.

xd "[Marmite is] an edible yeast extract with the visual properties of an industrial lubricant." So true... it looks like a dark, jellied grease. I'll be honest, it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't so horribly salty.  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:25 pm
first: wtf is spray on parkay butter? it sounds like suntan lotion.

second: fresnel i have taken a screen shot just incase you do actually follow through with your threat...and how on earth can you talk about delicious marmite that way? clearly you have broken taste buds. i really enjoy the twang marmite has as it bites the roof of your mouth, and spread thinly on toast with oodles of yummy melted butter...there is nothing finer...

and did somebody mentioned de-caff? lol decaff is for total pussies... talk about removing the entire purpose for drinking tea and coffee, seriously it's caffiene not ******** lsd.  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:05 pm
village midget

It LOOKS like suntan lotion.

Ok, "Parkay" is a brand. They gerenally make "squeeze" butter. Butter in bottle you squeeze. you don't have to dirty up a butter knife to spread it on something.

This product, is just a "spray on" version. Yes, you literally just spray it onto whatever you need butter on. It's awesome!

Quote:
second: fresnel i have taken a screen shot just incase you do actually follow through with your threat...and how on earth can you talk about delicious marmite that way? clearly you have broken taste buds. i really enjoy the twang marmite has as it bites the roof of your mouth, and spread thinly on toast with oodles of yummy melted butter...there is nothing finer...

Except for honey, molasses, and cinnamon sugar! (not all together, mind you)

Quote:
and did somebody mentioned de-caff? lol decaff is for total pussies...talk about removing the entire purpose for drinking tea and coffee, seriously it's caffiene not ******** lsd.

Yeah, but when you've detoxed yourself from a dependancy, and become "sensitive" to it, in the process, well, it might as well be LSD.

I used to down bottles of mountain dew, but today, I try to avoid caffeine as much as possible, because if I don't, that s**t will make me look like a paranoid freak with parkison's.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:24 am
village midget

and did somebody mentioned de-caff? lol decaff is for total pussies... talk about removing the entire purpose for drinking tea and coffee, seriously it's caffiene not ******** lsd.
Let me just put this in perspective. In my 10th grade history class, our teacher used Vegemite as PUNISHMENT.  

Fresnel

Citizen

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:45 pm
Fresnel
village midget

Let me just put this in perspective. In my 10th grade history class, our teacher used Vegemite as PUNISHMENT.

that explains a lot...but wait, what did she do with the vegemite to punish you? and vegemite is not marmite...i don't like vegemite.  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:51 pm
black_wing_angel
village midget

Ok, "Parkay" is a brand. They gerenally make "squeeze" butter. Butter in bottle you squeeze. you don't have to dirty up a butter knife to spread it on something.

This product, is just a "spray on" version. Yes, you literally just spray it onto whatever you need butter on. It's awesome!

oh dear, and they question why you yanks get fat...you're not even having to exert energy to get the bread buttered...but it does sound entertaining.

angel

honey yes sometimes, i've never tried molasses or cinamon sugar...in fact i don't think i've ever even seen them irl. i'm more of a savoury gal tbh...cheese wins over chocolate everytime.

angel

I used to down bottles of mountain dew, but today, I try to avoid caffeine as much as possible, because if I don't, that s**t will make me look like a paranoid freak with parkison's.

lmfao! i just had to google mountain dew, before i found out it's a fizzy drink, i had visions of this giant red head fairy, with serious attitude and shaky hands, drinking unsteadily from a buttercup flower in the sunlight...  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:10 am
village midget
Fresnel
village midget

that explains a lot...but wait, what did she do with the vegemite to punish you? and vegemite is not marmite...i don't like vegemite.
He'd just take out a box of unsalted Saltines, a butter knife, and the jar of Vegemite and give us very serious looks. Nobody ******** with the Vegemite. Come the end of the year I convinced him to actually let me try it. It was pretty bad, and I was tasting it for the rest of the week.

They may not be identical, but they're more or less the same.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:17 am
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
village midget

He'd just take out a box of unsalted Saltines, a butter knife, and the jar of Vegemite and give us very serious looks. Nobody ******** with the Vegemite. Come the end of the year I convinced him to actually let me try it. It was pretty bad, and I was tasting it for the rest of the week.

So it traumatized you. I will be wary and/or will use it as a weapon ninja  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:20 am
Fresnel
He'd just take out a box of unsalted Saltines, a butter knife, and the jar of Vegemite and give us very serious looks. Nobody ******** with the Vegemite.

year ten? you were 14/15?!?! a man with a dry cracker and a jar of spread terrified you? have you had counselling since? lol

and they aren't the same you know, they might be made from the same rudinental ingredients...but vegemite is not nice it lacks the consisentcy of crude oil which makes marmite so exciting  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:24 am
village midget
black_wing_angel
village midget

oh dear, and they question why you yanks get fat...you're not even having to exert energy to get the bread buttered...but it does sound entertaining.

I'm not a yankee.

Quote:
angel

honey yes sometimes, i've never tried molasses or cinamon sugar...in fact i don't think i've ever even seen them irl. i'm more of a savoury gal tbh...cheese wins over chocolate everytime.

Depends on the kind of cheese, to me. I can't tolerate the sharpness of cheddar, it makes me gag...

Molasses is basically the same thing as honey, with a slight taste difference, I think. It's been years since I've had any. It's darker in color, though, so I'm thinking it's probably sweeter than honey.

Cinnamon sugar is exactly that, a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Just sprinkle it on the buttered toast, and you have a wonderful treat!

You can get cinnamon sugar pre-mixed, too!

Quote:
angel

lmfao! i just had to google mountain dew, before i found out it's a fizzy drink, i had visions of this giant red head fairy, with serious attitude and shaky hands, drinking unsteadily from a buttercup flower in the sunlight...

confused Ok...you lost me around the buttercup part....

and my hands don't get THAT shakey, but I do become noticeably restless. Like, I'd be walking around like I was paranoid. I've even made people paranoid, by doing that. They thought I was about to murder someone...And looking back, I did kinda look that way.

Most notably, more than a few sips of caffeine, and I get a sort of head rush. Everything seems to move slower, my eyes dilate, and I'm pretty much what you'd call "high". And I do NOT like that feeling. So, I avoid it.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:13 pm
village midget
Fresnel
He'd just take out a box of unsalted Saltines, a butter knife, and the jar of Vegemite and give us very serious looks. Nobody ******** with the Vegemite.

year ten? you were 14/15?!?! a man with a dry cracker and a jar of spread terrified you? have you had counselling since? lol

and they aren't the same you know, they might be made from the same rudinental ingredients...but vegemite is not nice it lacks the consisentcy of crude oil which makes marmite so exciting
Yeah, and spray-on Parkay is still vegetable oil 'butter' substitute, same as Parkay spread is.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:14 pm
magmayoshi
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
village midget

No, it's just the taste DOES NOT GO AWAY. You'll be going about your normal life and burp up vegemite, and be tasting it for another hour or so.  

Fresnel

Citizen

Fresnel

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:15 pm
black_wing_angel
village midget
black_wing_angel
village midget

I'm not a yankee.
Why is it Eurofags don't get that there's about ten states in this union where calling a man a 'yankee' will get you ******** LYNCHED?

Quote:
Depends on the kind of cheese, to me. I can't tolerate the sharpness of cheddar, it makes me gag...
gonk

I ******** love extra-sharp cheddar.

Quote:
Molasses is basically the same thing as honey, with a slight taste difference, I think. It's been years since I've had any. It's darker in color, though, so I'm thinking it's probably sweeter than honey.
Similar in taste, but it's essentially brown sugar sludge. I think it's the byproduct of converting brown sugar to white sugar.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:39 pm
Fresnel
black_wing_angel
village midget
black_wing_angel
village midget

I'm not a yankee.
Why is it Eurofags don't get that there's about ten states in this union where calling a man a 'yankee' will get you ******** LYNCHED?

Well, Missouri isn't such a state, that I know of. However, Missouri was divided in the war, and although I was born and raised in the north half, my family originates from the lower half. There's a town about 15 miles to the boarder to Tennessee, which is where my family comes from. So, as far as personality and pride, and such, I'm FAR from being a Yankee.

Quote:
Quote:
gonk

I ******** love extra-sharp cheddar.

*Gags at the thought of what cheddar tastes like*

Quote:
Quote:
Similar in taste, but it's essentially brown sugar sludge. I think it's the byproduct of converting brown sugar to white sugar.

I have no idea how they make it, I just know that it's ******** AWESOME on cornbread!  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:47 pm
Fresnel
magmayoshi
Fresnel
village midget
Fresnel
village midget

No, it's just the taste DOES NOT GO AWAY. You'll be going about your normal life and burp up vegemite, and be tasting it for another hour or so.

Interesting, interesting. *scribbles notes* So it devoured your soul and is now resting in your upper digestive system; It's been there long enough for you to be used to it but is now plotting revenge on those who created its foul existence?

Wing, we must conscript the upper digestive gnomes for our taking over the world scheme.  
Blabber

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff