Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Roses

Back to Guilds

~A place to be yourself; a place to be free~ 

Tags: rose, free, stem, petal, thorn 

Reply Guild of Roses
***What to Expect When Maeve's a Stay at Home Mommy*** Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

With the impending blizzard looming over the Jersey Shore, I have to know. Am I popping this kid out in a snow drift?
  Yes! Babies always pick the worst time to come!
  No, you've got a few good days left.
  Who knows. When the levy breaks, the levy breaks...
View Results

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:30 am
Thanks Chi! Hopefully we'll get there in time! Although, in WtEWYE, I read that 1 in 3 women have cesareans. I might not get a choice in the matter! Let's just hope there's no major no snow storm when the contractions start. smile

EDIT:: Update on page 1. AND Ick I can start setting up my classroom today. Guess where I'll be all day. I love the fall. I just wish we didn't have school LOL.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:04 am
~huggles~ Maeve, just wanted you to know that I may be lax in posting but I have been keeping tabs on this thread! Sounds like everything is smooth as silk - YaY! School starting... wow, forgot about that. Celery and peanut butter (if you aren't allergic) is an awesome halfway-healthy snack that helps keep blood sugar (and energy) levels up - you'll probably be exhausted by the end of the day for the first few weeks.  

MystiBlu

Connorthecreator
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:10 pm
alil bit of advice for dealing with children if you put leashes choker chains on them and put tie them up to the ground(a stake works best) it'll make things alot easier...jsut remember, they can and will end up rapping themselves up.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:13 pm
I just keep the children in the workshops with a dude with a whip watching them 24/7

btw nice meave hope everything works for the best  

Joeyfish5
Crew

jessi_angel94_2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:00 pm
hey!
silly boys. just give them something to watch, and they'll be busy for a while. but you should make it educational, just don't put on the health video that teens have to watch.lolz  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:48 pm
Bah, give the kid to a grandparent of choice. Me an' sis where raised that way, poking around in their garden all day and getting all fatty because grandma haven't heard the news that a kilo fat is too much for frying two hotdogs XP
On top of that, when your parents grow senile, they will have something nice to repeat. In my case: how I successfully came up with an idea to plant trees at the age of 3. Yeah, real genius I was. Odd thing is, I never remember that part and I have relatively good memory of my early childhood...  

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

MystiBlu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:33 pm
mber being surrounded by books....ALWAYS! It was awesome!! I had everything a child could ever want to read at my finger tips - and some things a parent would have a heart attack about .... but o well.....

Here's a tip:keep Delta of Venus by Anisis Nin away from your 10 year old!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:49 pm
rofl
what about a tigs? is it safe for a tigs to read?
do you know Creepy Susie by Angus Oblong? my mom brought it home when i was a sophomore in high school, she word at a company that did bound galleys. well it said it was a kids book so she tossed it into my room and a friend was over so we read it....that was so not a kids book!! it was not that bad but...titles can be deceiving!  

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

Joeyfish5
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:56 pm
manic magee melted my heart when i was younger

the old black equiement manger character just i cant explain it...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:15 am
wow. I haven't been here in so long. Come on to see what's been going on and look what i discover! Congratulations Maeve!! Kids scare me but it's different when it's your own kids... not that i know... but it's sorta common sense. I think.... well. not much about my sense is common. ANYWHO! moving on.

Really excited to hear about your news, once again Congratulations!  

JustAPoisonApple

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:15 am
Thanks Poison!

Everyone: Books are definitely the way to go. The hubby and I are total book worms. When I was little I had a tall, three-shelf book case filled with books. Even when I still didn't know how to read I would pull down book after book and get lost in the pictures, just day dreaming away. In fact, my favorite book was "The Busy World of Richard Scarry". It was a tall, thin, yellow book about the goings on in town and I would get lost in the details of the illustrations for hours noticing new things and making up stories. I loved it so much that when I saw a copy of it at B&N last year I bought it.

I'm excited to be able to share this book with the baby when it gets older. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:19 pm
I always loved Where the Wild Things Are....and there is this really cool book called The Red Ranger Comes Calling - it's a really neat Christmas story, and there is a heartwarming story about the telling of the tale as well. Hard to find, but well worth the look!  

MystiBlu

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:12 pm
where the wild things are is mandatory!
there are so many good children books. i kept all mine they are in boxes under my bed. if i had shelves i think i would still keep them out.

for you baby shower you could have people give signed books instead of cards. that is what they did for a friend in college. i thought that was a neat idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:38 pm
MystiBlu
I always loved Where the Wild Things Are....and there is this really cool book called The Red Ranger Comes Calling - it's a really neat Christmas story, and there is a heartwarming story about the telling of the tale as well. Hard to find, but well worth the look!

I love Wild Things! while suffering through Spanish I in college we had to choose a children's story to read in Espanol...guess what I chose! It sounded great as I read it in Spanish, but I can't write in Spanish for beans. LOL Yeah I got something like a C+ or B-.

And Mysti that book you mentioned...you can read the stories online. I read a few. eek Let's say I found the stories about the philandering Baron and the Monk to be a little jolt to the system. LOL

Tigris..books are big in both of our families. My Aunt has been getting my sister and I a book for our birthdays and Christmas since we learned how to read. The baby's room will be filled with books like all the other rooms in our house. LOL  

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:44 pm
spanish....what a nightmare!
reading was about the only thing i could understand! it saved me!
i love books too. my house is stuffed with them. unfortunatly i do not have many book shelves so they are in piles and boxes everywhere. i can never find anything. i converted the doll house my grandfather made for me into a book case. it is very nice i still get to use my doll house and have places for my books...you would think. kali, one of my cats, keeps pushing the books out of what would be the living room. well it is her size so i guess she thinks it should be her room!
anyway since i understand story i was able to make out the one in spanish. that was the only thing that saved me from failing spanish *shudder* so much time spent in the spanish lab...

well you are already a good parent for being a big reader! that is about one of the best gifts you can give it think, the passion to read!  
Guild of Roses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff