• Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:47 pm
ArmasTermin
Sgt Buckner
ArmasTermin
Sgt Buckner
Hit level 70, going to get M21 EBR mastery before I prestige
What all does prestige change?

Gives you extra custom slots and a cool looking rank emblem. Also makes the game last longer xd

Does it reset all your unlocked guns and attachments? Or just start your level over at 1?

Start over at level one, all attachments and perks reset, you get to keep the titles and emblems that you have unlocked.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:50 pm
ArmasTermin
I've now unlocked the FN FAL and .44 Magnum revolver, to put together my standard loadout. I could have sworn remembering the FAL being automatic, though. It's semi-in game. Or maybe the selector switch is just forced onto semi for use.

Either way it's great, but I hate the sights. Too thick and enclosed, making it hard to project squarely on the enemy.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I just found out, this is actually a screenshot from Far Cry 2.

Apparently, guns in that game explode from being used too much.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:16 pm
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin
I've now unlocked the FN FAL and .44 Magnum revolver, to put together my standard loadout. I could have sworn remembering the FAL being automatic, though. It's semi-in game. Or maybe the selector switch is just forced onto semi for use.

Either way it's great, but I hate the sights. Too thick and enclosed, making it hard to project squarely on the enemy.

IRL the FAL on auto is uncontrolable  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin

In the game it's listed as "FAL Paratrooper", despite having a fixed stock.

Also, this is what it looks like when it explodes in the game.

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:16 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin

What does the Glock look like when it explodes?

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:36 pm
OberFeldwebel
Requiem in Mortis
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin

What does the Glock look like when it explodes?

User Image
Something like this.

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:12 pm
Sgt Buckner
ArmasTermin
Sgt Buckner
ArmasTermin
Sgt Buckner

Gives you extra custom slots and a cool looking rank emblem. Also makes the game last longer xd

Does it reset all your unlocked guns and attachments? Or just start your level over at 1?

Start over at level one, all attachments and perks reset, you get to keep the titles and emblems that you have unlocked.

Did it!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:43 pm
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin

I've heard during the Falklands War, the British military was using semi-auto varients of the FN FAL and the Argentine military were using FN FAL's that were fully automatic. British soldiers would switch weapons because they liked the idea of having the full auto option.  

Hans Reiker

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:27 pm
Hans Reiker
Sgt Buckner
Requiem in Mortis
ArmasTermin

I've heard during the Falklands War, the British military was using semi-auto varients of the FN FAL and the Argentine military were using FN FAL's that were fully automatic. British soldiers would switch weapons because they liked the idea of having the full auto option.
The British used a semi-auto only version called the L1A1 SLR until it was replaced by the L85. Basically, it's an FAL that fires only in semi-auto, and was made slightly different from the original FAL. Some of it's parts are incompatible with the FAL, and while the L1A1 can take FAL magazines, the FAL can't take L1A1 mags.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:28 pm
I don't see the point in prestiging, then. I'm on 68 now. When I hit 70 I think I'll just stay there. But I've been not playing much again. And I got Silent Hill Homecoming earlier today, so that's going to start taking my gaming time.  

ArmasTermin

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:35 pm
Beating Prestige is just another way to extend one's e-p***s. Also, people who actually care about what other people on XBL or PSN think of them get it to try and make themselves look better.

I talked to a guy a couple of days ago, who's played 81 matches of MW2 online. He's gotten 72 Tactical Nukes.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:34 pm
ArmasTermin
I, too, wondered about the logic in Shepherd killing Roach and Ghost. I just thought it was one of those "had to play the first one to understand it" sort of deals, and I never did.

So he really did just toss the two of them into the lion's den, and when they get Makarov's intel, he just decides to shoot them? It's not like Shepherd was in cahoots with Makarov. He wanted the intel, and that's why he made you get it. It's not like any reason was showed as to why he should be anything but grateful.
"Kids, I just had a conversation with General LeClerc.
He told me he was first into Paris, and by God, he wanted to be first into Berchtesgaden.
I told him I understood his point.
Now you fire up Second Battalion and outflank that French son of a b*tch!"
-Col. Sink, Band of Brothers

He was the big guy in charge of everything. Remember when the U.S Government give Shepherd the blank check? Yeah, basically that's what he wanted. Makarov was conveniently there to unknowingly help Shepherd with his goal. In MW 3, I believe, Shepherd is going to live-somehow-and use that blank check.

Anyway, he needed Roach and Ghost out of the way-no witnesses dealio- because they were smarter than the average Spec Ops soldiers.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Total Value: 553,757 Gold

Item List:
Celebrity Snare Hulk Impact Crater
Jacked Up Cape
Shiny Black Short Shorts
Cheerleader Shoes (Green & Silver)
Green Gaia Feet Stockings
Voracious Fog
Nano-C
Celebrity Snare Snoop Dogg's Hoodie
Elegant Lord's Mask (Emerald Studs)
Wingding (phase one)

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:36 pm
Sgt Buckner
Sgt Buckner
ArmasTermin
Sgt Buckner
ArmasTermin
Sgt Buckner

Did it!
"Kids, I just had a conversation with General LeClerc.
He told me he was first into Paris, and by God, he wanted to be first into Berchtesgaden.
I told him I understood his point.
Now you fire up Second Battalion and outflank that French son of a b*tch!"
-Col. Sink, Band of Brothers

Lulz. Me too. xP

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Total Value: 553,757 Gold

Item List:
Celebrity Snare Hulk Impact Crater
Jacked Up Cape
Shiny Black Short Shorts
Cheerleader Shoes (Green & Silver)
Green Gaia Feet Stockings
Voracious Fog
Nano-C
Celebrity Snare Snoop Dogg's Hoodie
Elegant Lord's Mask (Emerald Studs)
Wingding (phase one)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:03 am
Did anyone notice that the AI with the FAL is akin to a full auto?
But when you use it you can't seem to click the shoot button fast enough.  

OberFeldwebel

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:55 am
Felt like posting about some epic pwnage I managed the day before yesterday.

The snow is coming down softly, but in sheets over the site surrounding the derailed train. As my comrades march forward, I take the steps around the water tower and hunker down behind the low wall with my RPD at the ready, pointing out over the terrain. There are three likely points the enemies may come from, four if they're adventurous. But my comrades are spreading out, making a semi-circle on our half of the area to hold the OpFor. It doesn't take long before little black silhouettes march over the opposite-color terrain. And as I lay the circle-shrouded front sight over one unfortunate soldier, the pops of active gunfire come up in the distance. My comrades, somewhere, are engaging the enemy. I put down the black silhouette far off with a few two- and three-shot bursts. Another tries to run up the downed train cars for a prime sniping location, but I blast him down mid-sprint. They're coming faster now, and pops of gunfire are all over the map. The OpFor is more interested in taking me down now. And a sniper's silhouette passes the window of the building across the way.

His rifle's barrel is sticking out the window, but his head is off the side, behind the wall. It's risky, but I set down the RPD and heave the RPG-7 over my shoulder, line the sights up just a hair the right of the barrel sticking out, and fire. The rocket fires true, which comes to some surprise,* and hits the wall opposite the sniper, blasting him with fragments and taking him down. The quiet semi-circles of terrain possesion held by my comrades and the OpFor turns into a free-for-all across the map, and I pop off shots in long streams, longer than I should. But the kills rack up. Six kills and I duck down long enough to send an airstrike. That nets me the seventh and I call for a harrier strike. But as my harrier continues to light up the battlefield, my belts run thin of ammunition and my last rocket is gone. In no time I'm dry and know the only thing to do is run off to pick up some sorry SOB's gun.

I'd take an M9 over this currently useless boat anchor of an LMG. But across the frozen river I go under the bridge and run into an OpFor with a brace of sawed-off shotguns. It's the prime distance for him to blast me. He fires twice, and somehow misses! I lunge in with my knife, slashing him down. I don't want the gunfire to attract more of them, so I run up the low hill and find an Intervention rifle with an ACOG scope and a suppressor. Better than my boat anchor, so I pick it up. And no sooner does an OpFor pop up on the other side of the train car opening. I get off two quick shots and he's down. My comrades continue to push the numbers in our favor and I take the ladder to the top of the southern building, watching from on high with my new rifle. Our victory is earned, and I get a 17-2 KD.

mrgreen

But I swear, those guns can be absurdly accurate. In another game I managed to get a kill from the ledge off the window of the building next to position C (on Domination) all the way to the building by position A. I took out someone on the top there with the RPD, no ACOG or anything. The guy looked like a little black line at that distance and I still got him. Guy was probably thinking "WTF?" in the killcam.

*The RPG-7 is ungodly innacurate! That thing will just curve RIGHT around Harriers and Choppers. Piece of s**t Russian explosives...  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff