Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)
Riding The End (L3 | Archived | Fantasy/Sci-Fi) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Venom3001

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:52 pm
"I don't know, m'self. I never actually met him. Maybe that's why I don't get the hype about him," Theridan answered, leaning against a pillar.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:15 pm
Osiris looked out over the city. "You know something though. Work with me, here. Tell me what you know. Your friends must have seen something, and I know you know what it was. You're smart, man, and I can tell you don't like being kept in the dark. You're rather cavalier about this, so I can conclude that you know something."  

Jokerman-EXE

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:44 am
DuPont smirked, saluted, and replied with nothing more than, "Sir." He'd heard plenty about the Fae known as Saturnine Rhapsody, but had never witnessed the aftermath of his work firsthand. Perhaps it was for the best; despite being a levelheaded fellow, the atrocities he'd heard of would be likely to make him more than angry.

Once the officer had left, Donnie sat down at the table once more and resumed the swapping of stories amongst his fellow Marines. Never once did he wonder what his partner would be like, what his skills would be, where they were headed, or really anything about the mission. That was for another day, another time, another Dane. He was here and now, on this night and in this tavern, having a drink or three. That was, as a matter of fact, just how many he had: three glasses of rum and coke. Over the course of four hours, he was hardly buzzing; it was just the way he liked it. The only way he liked it and would ever have it.

Come closing time, he ended up walking two fellows to their bunks. Fortunately neither was too heavy a drinker and neither one lost their stomach. Afterward, he bunked himself, falling asleep to the thoughts of a peaceful world...

Maybe one day he'd befriend a Trent and get a ride in its branches; that would be pretty bad a**. Maybe the Fae would be willing to teach him how to fly on the wind. Perhaps the Trows would one day give him a personal lesson in walking amongst the shadows. Hunting with the Druids would be a dream come true...

These things were wishful thoughts, and Donnie was fully aware of this; he did not expect any of these things to ever be even slightly plausible in his lifetime...

But a man can dream.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:52 am
Theridan smiled faintly. "Now, now, no flattery here, Druid. But you're right, I don't like being kept in the dark. I'm a Trow. I like literal dark, not metaphorical. Knowledge is power and skills are weapons is one of the oldest Trow sayings. One or the other can get you a certain length but you need both to be truly effective. Now, the knowledge department is where I'm currently lacking, see? I don't know where 'Aeon' is. Who he is. What he is. I don't know anything about him. But this man... the slightest amount of information about him has assassins moving in full force. I didn't tell Lord Phalanx about you or the Trents - just the hitman, Saturnine. With any luck some Trow agents will cut his throat while he sleeps. Now, if this conversation is to advance any further, we need some manner of collateral. If I continue this conversation, I am putting the lives of myself and several others in your hands. I need insurance."  

Venom3001

Jokerman-EXE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:51 am
Osiris nodded as Theridan spoke, though it was to cover his surprise. Assassins were already moving? He would need to hurry, then. It appeared to behoove Osiris to adhere to Theridan's demands.

"Fair enough. My name is Commander Osiris Darke, of the Druids. I was ordered by the Sheperd herself to find those that had information about Aeon. See, Aeon...he's perhaps the most sought-after person on the planet, at the moment. One of the human generals attaches great importance to the man, as does the rest of the human race. The leaders of Aros and Ulla want to find him and see what that importance is."

He scratched the side of his face. "Unfortunately, that's all I know on the matter. I was hoping that our conversation would enlighten me as to what and who he is, but it seems that we're equally unsure. Is there anything else you would like to know before you continue?"

Osiris also tipped his head back as he realized something. "Oh, and as for Saturnine...whatever assassins sent against him, I wish them enough luck to escape without getting mutiliated."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:34 pm
Ashling started stomping back to the city hall towing along Nine and Zuberi. Hopefully, she'd be granted an audience with the Grand Oak. Sarv-e-Abarkooh save me. Rarely did the tree pray to one of the first Trents to walk this world. But this? If praying to the Great Cypress would save her bark, she'd do it everyday.

Zuberi was wondering whether it would have been best to stay with the Druid after all. The tall tree smirked. she added, Zuberi was surprised; for all the tree's gruff appearance and scary anger, she had yet to turn it on him.

<...so are you a boy tree or girl tree?>

Ashling stopped. At least now Ashling wasn't threatening Nine - rather, she was now insulting all races for always ALWAYS asking that question.

-----

Major Perry told Trajan a little about DuPont, but only from what she knew of his military profile. "I've heard from others who've worked with him that he was a good man. Hopefully, the two of you will be able to kill that murderous elf."

She then instructed him to sleep, since they would not be reaching port till the next morning.

The night seemed to go by fast, because next thing Trajan knew, the GM didn't want to waste anymore time writing about how the night went it was morning, and they'd docked. Major Perry came out and told him to head in the direction of the tavern. "That's where the soldiers usually have their meals. Or so I'm told. Good luck to you."

Now it was up to Trajan to search for DuPont and start their mission together.

-----

DuPont, having woken up, returned to the tavern. He realized that many people went there, and he was likely going to find Trajan wandering there.  

Isa-sama

Venom3001

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:06 pm
"All right. Loose Lass Tavern in a few hours? I need to meet with the ones who met Aeon and find out just what's happening. I'll try to arrange for us to all speak together." Theridan made a casual Trow-style half-salute with two fingers and descended down a staircase to find Filly and Phallo.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:28 pm
"Don't alarm them!" Osiris called down the stairs after Theridan. "And see about those assassins on Saturnine, would you!"

The Trow was gone. Osiris shrugged and decided to catch up to the others, since he had a few hours to kill. He morphed into an owl and flew towards the headquarters of Grand Oak Behemo, remembering that Ashling was headed that way.

In a minute, he had found them; it was easy to spot a giant tree and a white-haired Fae amongst the crowds. He flew down, shifted back a few feet above the ground, and dropped the last bit. He walked alongside them as if he had been with them the entire time.

"What's up?" he asked as they walked.  

Jokerman-EXE

SiberDrac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:15 pm
"You're trees," Nine grumbled unhappily as he let himself be dragged along. "Most trees are both."

The city visit had gone extraordinarily poorly, in his opinion. He had only killed three of the promised four, none of which had been the Trow in question. He had not gained the information he had needed. And he was now in the company of a skittish boy who would be vastly more entertaining if he weren't apparently under the protection of a tree, who despite recent efforts, seemed more difficult to dehydrate than he had hoped, and that tree itself.

He really hadn't murdered very many people. The old man had fallen, and then died when a bodyguard's pike "accidentally" got whipped out of his grasp and half-beheaded him. A carving knife had kindly ensured the soldier would never have to face charges, and then the merchant he had been guarding had found himself unable to breathe and, with his mouth open and exposed, the saliva in his throat frozen.

He hadn't even killed a woman. What was the problem? As for international relations: if he had wanted to start a war, he would not have chosen a slaver and his sticky-fingered hired man. The old guy... had of course been just entertainment. But the other two were very precisely-chosen targets meant specifically so...

Oh, who was he kidding? Nine had seen a rich buffoon and wanted him dead. He smiled to himself, Ashling's insults just floating over him. The rich always died the most humorously.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:26 pm
Ashling had been explaining to the Fae that trees were hermaphrodites, but Trents actually had specific genders (an unfortunately not so common fact). When the shape shifter arrived, she turned her furious glare at Osiris. Which might mean that Nine would have to be killed; but who knew?

After arriving at the city hall, she asked/demanded to see Behemo. When asked, all she had to do was lift Nine to be seen, and the Trent (plus group) were given the requested audience.

Ashling gave a small bow. She dropped Nine in front of the huge Trent.

Behemo stared down at the small man. He narrowed his eyes.  

Isa-sama

SirBayer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:25 pm
After some consideration in the morning, Trajan determined to go to the trouble of arming and suiting up before moving out. Heaven only knew what would happen, even not on the lines. Trows showed up every-damn-where.

It took him time to get there, but upon arrival he made an impression. Most people carried weapons everywhere. Not many put on their helmets and carried battle rifles. The tavern went silent for only a split second upon his entry while the various soldiers within determined whether or not he was a threat. Upon recognizing him as a friendly, they went back to what they were doing, That was the way of the soldier.

Trajan took a seat in a corner, sure that anyone who had seen a movie would look in the dark places first. Anyway, it wasn't hard to spot a man with a rifle.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:56 pm
Filly had been waiting at the Loose Lass. True, he said to meet at night, but well, he was rather nervous about what Theridan had said to Lord Phalanx. I told Phallo to stay out of sight; hopefully, he listened to me.

Filly disliked the idea of having to run from their own people, but well, that was the price of being found out. That's not right - I don't know if I've been discovered yet. Rancor lands seemed safe for the two to be if they were forced to leave.  

Isa-sama

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:36 am
Surprisingly enough, Donnie arrived later than Trajan. A few greenhorns had been making morons of themselves and the Dane had spent some thirty minutes straightening them out. By the end, they were certainly shooting much better but he still feared for their lives. If they were examples of the majority of the marines, God help them all.

When he did arrive, he did so in full gear. A shotgun was hugging the small of his back, and he carried a SCAR-H mounted with a reflex sight in his left hand: DuPont was a lefty when it came to shooting, but he'd been known to switch when the need presented itself. A quick surveillance of the room revealed Trajan's position rather easily as he stuck out quite a bit from the crowd of half-dressed soldiers.

Donnie strode to the table and offered his rather large hand. "Donnie DuPont."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:50 am
Trajan looked up in surprise. The man was slightly later than he had expected, but not overly so, and Trajan was pleased to see he was already equipped. "Trajan Jordan," Trajan replied, taking the man's hand and shaking it. "I assume you've already been given the brief and everything? Speaking of which, did they mention if we're walking or flying? I never bothered to ask. This could be an interesting march if we're not getting any vehicle support..."  

SirBayer

Jokerman-EXE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:18 pm
"Grand Oak," Osiris said respectfully, kneeling on the ground between Behemo and Nine. "Please, stay your mighty hand. I am Commander Osiris Darke, under direct orders from the Sheperd. I will take responsibility for the actions of Saturnine here."

He looked up at the great tree. "You are wise to not wish to cause tension between our peoples, Grand Oak. Now is not the time for that; the humans are too much of a problem for us to infight. As per the parameters of both the truce between our peoples and my own mission here, I would like to make a humble request."  
11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff