Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:27 pm
A bear with a knife
Cake Filled Love
User Image
Hehe... I para para for exercise. XD My personal favorite is "Love & Joy".

Currently 12.5 lbs. away from goal.

I actually find doing these dances good. o__o; I started to cut out soda, and ate less junk food. Right now, I weigh around 141-145 lbs. I really want to get down to 120 lbs. Or.. around in the 120s. My mom said that'll be too skinny for me, but what I really want to lose weight in is my bust. That's where I'll probably lose most of the weight, anyway. That's what I had heard. I have a round face, so my mom is afraid my cheeks will start to sink in.. And, I don't want that happening. That's just.. gross. <~<; So, I'll get down to 130 lbs. Hopefully, my cheeks won't sink in. ;__; I'm a 38D, and I HATE them. UGH, I just want a nice pair of B's. e__e; I want to look good for my Hatsune Miku cosplay. So.. I'm just going to start learning more hard dances (I learned all of the Hare Hare Yuaki dance). Right now, I'm finishing up on the Love & Joy dance. I LOOOVE that dance. o__o; And, I think it's a great workout (maybe I'm just too lazy). I'll keep you guys updated! I'm almost in the 130s.. SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR. ;__;

Well, I don't think your cheeks will sink in dear. XD
And yes, you will lose weight in your bust! :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:34 pm
Oh and, how do you guys do your parapara at home?
I have to go to nickel city down the street, where they have a para para machine. XDD

I'm interested in how to do it at home though! :3  

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Sweet Trixie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:05 pm
Just realized something yesterday that might help people out. It's a lot of fun to put you r favorite OST on a portable music player (for me it's The World Ends With You soundtrack) and then go on a walk for a while while listening to the OST. I walked 8 miles yesterday without hardly realizing it. Just be sure to wear good shoes!! I wore a pair of snow boots and now my ankles have blisters... But it was still a lot of fun! =)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:22 pm
That is a good idea ! : O
Just make sure you are aware of your surrondings. Specially since there are a lot of teenagers in this thread, we don't want something bad to happen because of the lack of observation !
:3  

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:04 pm
I also wanted everyone in need of a workout routine, I have mine written up!
Maybe if your goal is like mine, I can give it to you.
Pm if your interested.
You can tweek it, and I'll let you know which parts I think are the hardest.

I also thought of some good things to removed from your diet:
-When you go out to eat and order a drink, ask for water. It will save you money, and it's healthy. : D
-also, if you get a salad, ask for either a balsamic vinagrette, OR thousand island. I've found those to be the best for you. Whatever you do, stay away from RANCH! it's the devil I swear, haha.

^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:16 pm
FoxTailAngel
I have to go to nickel city down the street, where they have a para para machine. XDD

User Image
I usually para para in front of the computer to learn the steps, usually from youtube. Once I've got them memorized, I burn the songs onto a CD and dance to that.
Though, I have heard that there's a Japanese video game with motion sensors, I think it's called "Para Para Paradise". Though I'm not sure about the console. sweatdrop

Currently 10 lbs. away from goal.

Mao-sensei

Magnetic Player

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:38 pm
Cake Filled Love
FoxTailAngel

User Image
I usually para para in front of the computer to learn the steps, usually from youtube. Once I've got them memorized, I burn the songs onto a CD and dance to that.
Though, I have heard that there's a Japanese video game with motion sensors, I think it's called "Para Para Paradise". Though I'm not sure about the console. sweatdrop

Currently 10 lbs. away from goal.

Ahhh, that's waht I thought. I shall do that soon! haha.
And yes Para Para Paradise! that's the one I play on. :3
It's really fun! Though, I don't know about console either, it's a really big machine thing. Kind of like, DDR in the arcade. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:59 pm
I feel kinda silly for posting here, since I'm not over weight or anything, but I still think I could stand to loose a bit of weight, tone my waist line and get into an overall healthier routine. I'm currently 5'2" and 134lb (according to Wii Fit this morning) and have a waist measurement of 36". My goal is to get down to somewhere between 115-120lbs and shave about 10" off my waist.

I just started phase 1 of my New Years diet and exercise plan today. For my diet, I've eliminated junk food and fast food as well as over snacking. I'm going for low in sugars, carbs, and fat, and high in fiber. I make sure to take my daily multi vitamin and drink 3 cups of skim milk and plenty of water. I use Wii Fit daily in the mornings before work or school and on days where time and weather allow, go for a good 3 mile walk through the park near my house.

Once I get down to my goal weight, I'll move onto phase 2, where I'll focus more on my waist by incorporating more abdominal exercises into my routine. My diet will remain the same for this phase.

Phase 3 is my maintenance phase. I'll back off of the diet and ab exercises, but keep up with my walking and Wii Fit. This should help me maintain my weight and figure not only for the short term, but the long term as well.  

Aino_Haruhi

8,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:22 pm
I found the perfect dance to have fun doing and burn some calories while doing so. I'm still learning it the so process is a bit tiring it but I'm loving it. I actually have a few dances I still need to learn.

The one I'm learning

Others I need/want to learn:
Abracadabra by Brown Eyed Girls
Super Girl by Super Junior sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:31 pm
I actually have trouble keeping weight on! I'm on my high school's track and XC teams and I weigh somewhere around 140 lbs at age 17. I'm gonna try and cosplay rather Kiba or Roxas and I'd like to try and gain a bit more muscle before this June. I'm startin' to do several curl-ups and chin-ups on my brother's door bar thing, and practice keeps me going at least 50-100 sit-ups/crunches and 25-50 push-ups a day. Any other helpful advice? I'm leanly built but looking for just a bit more for my buck!  

Texan-Werewolf

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:37 pm
Texan-Werewolf
I actually have trouble keeping weight on! I'm on my high school's track and XC teams and I weigh somewhere around 140 lbs at age 17. I'm gonna try and cosplay rather Kiba or Roxas and I'd like to try and gain a bit more muscle before this June. I'm startin' to do several curl-ups and chin-ups on my brother's door bar thing, and practice keeps me going at least 50-100 sit-ups/crunches and 25-50 push-ups a day. Any other helpful advice? I'm leanly built but looking for just a bit more for my buck!
Maybe have a slightly higher iron and protein intake, but don't overdo it. Taking certain vitamins also helps as well, like Vitamin D. It's helps with bones and muscles. You can get it from the sun so you can also work on your tan for Kiba if need be. cool  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:45 pm
@Erotic : Nice song choices. They are so goodddd. XD  

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:50 pm
Sweet Trixie
Just realized something yesterday that might help people out. It's a lot of fun to put you r favorite OST on a portable music player (for me it's The World Ends With You soundtrack) and then go on a walk for a while while listening to the OST. I walked 8 miles yesterday without hardly realizing it. Just be sure to wear good shoes!! I wore a pair of snow boots and now my ankles have blisters... But it was still a lot of fun! =)

Man, I'm so paranoid about those kind of things, that I won't even wear a hood if I think it's going to obstruct my hearing 0_0; I guess I watch too many kidnapping movies and such xD

But I'll totally move my hips to my favourites tunes at home!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:08 am
My Weight loss starts today !!!

Okay so For breakfast I had

- A banana

No snack

Lunch- Ramen no broth just noodles and parmesan cheese

Snack - Apple

Dinner -

So far I am doing okay

As far as exercise : I danced around to Hare Hare Yuki I love that dance.  

Senshi_Sailor Harpyia

2,800 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Consumer 100

SakuraRico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:27 am
The new year has begun, I am about 5 or 6 months away from the next Kaisen, for which I plan on doing NiGHTS, I already began walking like last week or earlier, when I said I was gonna start, and tried eating a bit more healthily...

Goal: Losing 50 pounds.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces