Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:52 pm
D: Are talking about the horse one? Zoo grabbed that because she's instantly attracted to black and neon green. Seriously, it's a little pathetic, but since she's burning herself out like crazy making students, please humor her. K?

Other one's that get nabbed quickly are one's that involve enrollment, and we tend to get to those right before or right after the art is done for them.

I only get quests that are "ready" but as you may have noticed, in my announcement that I ask for people to post their threads that were made on or before such and such date. This means that once your thread is "ready" all you have to do is post it up on there, and the date it was made, and it will get priority over latter threads that are posted.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:58 pm
XxEternal MelodyxX
I have a question about accepted quests. Let's say that you posted up a quest but one of the staff goes through it and sees that it is not ready to be accepted yet. Will they tell you that it still needs work or will they just not say anything? Also, I've noticed that some quests get accepted faster than others despite the fact that the quest that just got accepted was made much later than the other quests that have yet to be accepted. For example, a quest made on the 16th has yet to be accepted, but then a quest that was made on the 20th gets accepted before the quest made on the 16th does. Does the acceptance process not go by the date that the quest was made or does it just go by whichever quest seems the most ready?

If you haven't figured out I pretty much grab quests that are closed to being enrolled and/or have the enrolled thing next to them and/or they are going to be grabbed for enrollment. I've been trying to be a good staffer and not tread on other feet in the meanwhile XD.

I keep on having to emphasize that the questing fairy is taking both APPROVED and NON APPROVED quests (it is a rather complex but charming system involving fairy butts and five-leaved clovers).

I would also like reiterate the quest approval system: you actually need to get your character approved ONE MORE TIME upon approval (for most people) even if it has been quest-stamped, just to see if you've missed any spots. So yarrr, basically a staff coming in to help you with your quest and stamping it to say its a-okay? Pure kindness in their part, so the enrollment approval process goes whoahfast. Try not to abuse it D:  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

thefancycakes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:33 pm
I have a question in regards to the Human World!

To my understanding, students are required (at a much later point in their school lives) to garner FEAR and harvest it. To do this, I'm assuming they must be scary/use their own FEAR?

But are there instances in which some creatures are allowed to be benevolent-- i.e., the little mermaid rescuing the prince, elves helping construct shoes, fairies guiding lost people through dark forests-- or would they be considered renegade creatures in Halloween?

Or, are they even creatures that lost their passport, and got bored while waiting for who knows how long, so decided to do good deeds for humankind? Would there be any repercussions, or is it kosher to do nice things once in awhile?

Is there a scary image to uphold for the students?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:44 pm
brown peach
I have a question in regards to the Human World!

To my understanding, students are required (at a much later point in their school lives) to garner FEAR and harvest it. To do this, I'm assuming they must be scary/use their own FEAR?

Yes ~ though there are many ways to be "scary."

But are there instances in which some creatures are allowed to be benevolent-- i.e., the little mermaid rescuing the prince, elves helping construct shoes, fairies guiding lost people through dark forests-- or would they be considered renegade creatures in Halloween?

The nice mermaids, elves, and fairies aren't part of Halloween to begin with. Halloween is home to the "cautionary" versions of these, that humans are told to watch out for. Now we won't dictate personal choices, and your mermaid can make nice with the humans if you want her to, but going fully down that path, where the student refuses to gather FEAR will result, at the end of their 3rd year, in expulsion rather than graduation.

Or, are they even creatures that lost their passport, and got bored while waiting for who knows how long, so decided to do good deeds for humankind? Would there be any repercussions, or is it kosher to do nice things once in awhile?

D: That's along the lines of personal choice. The occasional moment of nice is fine, but dedicating a character to it will have repercussions.

Is there a scary image to uphold for the students?

Definitely, Halloween society as a whole reveres scary. Scary is the food on their table and the air that they breathe. Scary is the reason they even exist! And those who contribute to it are honored in certain ways. But remember, this is society as a whole, and personal choices are left up to you.

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

WE ARE HALLOWEEN
Captain

Blessed Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:56 pm
Yes, doing good deeds and being nice and granting wishes and pony rainbows and s**t is the equivalent of idk, picking your nose and farting in public. Or stripping naked or the likes D: It is very frowned upon, and you most likely will not be able to pass your classes if you do not want to scare!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm
I had a few quick questions about one of the sub-species. <3

Having read back through, I saw that the Yuki-onna have been classified as Demons and that got me to thinking. As far as a family would go, how exactly would one work their parentage? As it is a female dominated sub-species, there would need to be a way to reproduce. From what i could tell, there wasn't much else said about them, so I wasn't sure if there was a certain shop lore about them or if I need to make something up.  

Katarina Everard

Mythical Gem

19,900 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:47 pm
You can make something up -- just because lore doesn't mention any demons of the opposite gender doesn't mean that there isn't any. :3 Your character can have parents of both the same species, or a mixed species. It's all up to you.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:44 pm
Umm I seem to be unable to post an application for a new undead subspecies. When I try to post I am told I do not have any posting rights.  

Valandal

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:25 pm
I don't know if this has been asked yet (as far as I read it hadn't - if it has just disregard me > w >;; )

What is the POV on exorcists? Would they count as a subclass of reaper, and would they be allowed?

Also - how would you classify a Changling? As a monster or a demon?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:30 am
Exorcists are kinda like the human world's protection against a good many of Halloween's peoples, so no, not allowed.

Changelings would be a demon subspecies ~  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:01 pm
Whoo~ Lots of ghost questions. e u e;

Can ghosts have parents? How do they come to the world generally? Can they be adopted if someone died and turned into a ghost? Would ghosts regularly try to help each other if a spirit comes to he Halloween Town world, obviously mindless of their past?

If a person dies and their ghost arrives in Halloween Town can they "appear" in this world with personal items of their past - like Halloween Town equivalent/twist of their clothes and items in their bag? I'm asking because I want a student of mine's obsession to be video games, and I'm working out how she gets her messenger bag full of horror games and "HEX" handheld game console.

What's the view on an 'orphan' ghost? Since they can survive all climates and what not I imagine it doesn't take much to live on your own. .. Can a ghost's tangible body get dirty/smelly like a hobo? What happens if they go intangible when their tangible body is dirty?

Ohgod, sorry for the mass of questions. o no;  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:20 pm
S a l l y S h e e p
Whoo~ Lots of ghost questions. e u e;

Can ghosts have parents? If their living parents died at the same time, and didn't pass on either, it's possible. But that's something we'd like to stay away from generally, as ghosts aren't supposed to remember much of anything about their past. If you'd like to make a character like that make sure you have a Damn Good Reason and we'll try and work it out with you. How do they come to the world generally? They died and didn't move on, Reapers find them and bring them back to Halloween. Can they be adopted if someone died and turned into a ghost? Yah Would ghosts regularly try to help each other if a spirit comes to he Halloween Town world, obviously mindless of their past? Ghosts are a very territorial 'keep to yourself' species, so while it's allowed, it's not common.

If a person dies and their ghost arrives in Halloween Town can they "appear" in this world with personal items of their past - like Halloween Town equivalent/twist of their clothes and items in their bag? I'm asking because I want a student of mine's obsession to be video games, and I'm working out how she gets her messenger bag full of horror games and "HEX" handheld game console. D: I'm going to say no to a console and video games, unless she's a Haunt, in which case she could be bound to either the console or a game.

- HAUNT::
xxxxxCommon Desc: Haunts are tied to a specific object or place, and frequently share physical attributes with their object. Other than this, they vary greatly.
xxxxxNatural Ability:
xxxxxxxxxxObject invocation: A haunt's powers are usually tied to their power object in some way.

What's the view on an 'orphan' ghost? All ghosts are pretty much orphans. Since they can survive all climates and what not I imagine it doesn't take much to live on your own. .. Can a ghost's tangible body get dirty/smelly like a hobo? Sure. What happens if they go intangible when their tangible body is dirty? Whatever you happen to feel like RP-ing.

Ohgod, sorry for the mass of questions. o no;

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

The_Great_Book_Wyrm

Gallant Gawker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:57 pm
This is not a necessarily a character questing, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but since the questing fairy is dead, will it be impossible to get your own character quest made except by auctions?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 pm
The_Great_Book_Wyrm
This is not a necessarily a character questing, and I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but since the questing fairy is dead, will it be impossible to get your own character quest made except by auctions?

If I'm recalling correctly, Questing Fairy is like a phoenix; she's only dead for the month, she'll return soon!  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

GallusDomesticus

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:53 pm

Quick question; What is TiH POV on homosexuality (for example, I know a few people have plottings for gay students, meanwhile some have expressed they don't like homosexuality in students), so does the society turn a blind eye like 'dont ask, dont tell', or is it open? Or is it completely scandalous to be gay? >->;;

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games