Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
Grand Staircase Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:59 pm
Grand Staircase/ Somewhere on the Stairs
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
First Year

Ronyo looked up suddenly seeing Phi call to him from a bit higher up. Ronyo had stopped as the stair he was on had decided to move just before he had reached its top and so, like he had decided, he was letting the stairs guide his path. Seeing Phi move through the complex moving structure with relative ease had Ronyo only guessing she had studied the structural design or something to that nature already. As she came to his small flight of stairs Ronyo smiled back at her with the thought of his not-known destination.

“I slept well enough despite the excitement of being within such a place; I would say it is on par with Christmas Eve. I would not deny the company of a lady; however I’m not all too sure where I am going. With a bit of time to spare I thought I would get lost without needing to be anywhere,” Ronyo looked up the stairs and cocked his head for a bit,” If you have a location in mind we can make it the destination.”

For a brief second after Ronyo spoke he turned at the sound of his name being called by the musical voice he knew all too well. Looking towards the sound he could only see the back end of the bouncing blonde’s hair as it walked on towards his destination. Odd for Blaire not to make anything more than a greeting, and Ronyo was running his mind through the possibilities as of why. He let that go to the back of his mind, still working on the problem, but making his attention is Phi not Blaire.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:20 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi turned her head and peered over her shoulder to catch a fleeting glimpse of Blaire as he rushed to what Phi pinpointed on her mental map of the school as the entrance to the Dungeons. Her mind worked and she knew that if Blaire had not stopped to mock them or confront them in some sort of fashion, he must have been up to something.
She turned back to Ronyo, smiling at his comparison to the festive day. She could wholeheartedly agree on his basis. "I have a vague idea where everything lays in the castle," from finding her classrooms(sometimes with a few unsuccessful attempts), having a large, detailed text on Hogwarts and simply assuming the architecture style, Phi had grasped what she could only really refer to as a 'very vague' idea, "But things change, not just this stair case. A mystery at every step." She looked up and around with a shine of awe in her eyes.
"I very much like your idea, lets simply see where we end up."
Just as she finished those words, the stairs they were on moved abruptly, sending Phi to grasp at the banister in surprise, and moved its landing to a complete other floor.

"Have not been here before, have we?" She stepped off in case the change persisted, and looked at Ronyo with a smile. Enjoy the thrill of such an adventure.

{ooc: they could go all over the corridors and floors this way. you may post at which ever level you please~}

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:33 am
User Image
яεġrετηστнιηġ ғεαяησ σηε ταkε prιdε ιηεvεяyτнιηġ
User Image
Colton laughed heartily at Phi's joke, more at her effort than the actually thing. "Well what does that make me? A thestral?" His suggestion of symbolic creature was in part because of his never-ending goal of staying unreadable to others, but he lowered his eyes a bit when he realized that she may not know what a thestral was.

Leading her up the stairs, he smiled softly as she answered the question he asked many moments ago - he was happy to see that she was observant.
"Great choice, and even greater reasoning behind it. My father instilled a rather thick value in me, despite being a muggle. Before arriving at Hogwarts, he wanted to be sure that I knew I was more than able to continue doing muggle things, regardless of the fact that I am a wizard in the wizarding world. Many people often forget about their two hands when they discover their magical inclination." Colton considered the hypocritical aspects of his words. "I know what you're probably thinking...for someone who thinks like this, it is rather coincidental that I still favor the physical classes that are encompassed in magic. I guess I just like the idea of being well-rounded. I spent the first 10 years of my life doing muggle things, so I feel my attention is owed to the magical ones now." Colton was well aware of how he seemed to be rambling, and likely boring her, as well.

In attempt to speed up the conversation, he turned a twist on the subject.
"I saw you in Flying, though. You seem to know what you're doing. Considered the thought of Quidditch next year at all? I could use another competitor." He laughed freely, thinking about him and Ronyo competing for bragging rights on the Quidditch pitch. Realizing that they had already climbed to their destination, he held out a hand, gesturing that the Seventh Floor Corridor was their stop. "Ladies first."

User Image
[[Sorry for any confusion that posting him here causes, but I thought it'd make more sense than making their journey up the stairs on the first floor corridor lol. You can just post on the seventh floor next, as not to cause mess up your conversation with Ronyo.]]
User Image
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:12 am
User Image

Enter from 7th Floor Corridor

Blaire scurried onto the platform, his companions close in-toe. He peered over the rail, removing several more folded notes from his satchel, and noted none of the stairwell's lower occupants paying him any mind. He quickly thumbed through the collection, and returned a specific note to the bag at his waist. Giving the floors below a final glance, the Slytherin tossed the lot over the balcony. The scraps fluttered and danced like feathers onto the various floors and platforms beneath him. Each was labeled with a different name, "Bea B.", "Jessica S.", "Echo E.", "Marcey D.", "Jane D.", "Vanessa H.", "Draven S.", "Rayne M.", "Rowen K.". He left no stone unturned, so to speak. Regardless of who actually discovered each, there was only one person who stood to gain from the scattered letters, and it was Blaire. Confident in his schemes, the blonde nonchalantly made his way down the staircase and on to his next focus.

Exit to the Dungeons

User Image

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Enter from First Floor

Phi fumed with anger and hatred towards the paper clenched in her left hand. Her dark eyes filled with a sharp, dangerous fuel that rarely is allowed to show itself from the usual calm, intelligent spark. The redhead could even feel herself grinding her teeth at the thought that there was more of this propaganda being placed around her school.
Her eyes suddenly caught on something more; a folded note with jane's name on it. Picking it up, she read what it said. Then re-read it. Twice.
This couldn't be what she was reading. Not because of what it said, but because of the writing. This was not Colton's writing. She had seen his notes before, this did not match. Looking around she noticed a few more notes, all with the same message and writing, she noticed once she unfolded each.
Then she stopped abruptly. If anyone had been walking behind her they would have definitely run into her back. But the thick consuming thought that had made her stop would not have allowed her to feel the impact. Her eyes grew with realization. It was working. This is what it was meant for. Its real purpose, not the direct, obvious one.
She gasped and ran down the stairs (narrowly missing the ground floor before the stairs began to move) and out the grand oak doors to the grounds, hoping Ronyo or Colton would already be there.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:04 am
User Image

Peeves the Poltergeirst
User Image

Peeves flew in, both silent and invisible. He was planning on a classic prank. Loosening the carpets so the students would trip.

He hummed a tune that sounded suspiciously like the ABC song as he began his work.

He started about halfway up the main flight of stairs and loosened the carpet on a few stairs. Someone walking on this would slip because the carpet would move with their foot.

Awesome.

User Image

User Image

KupoWrath

Ruthless Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:41 am
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Thoughts: 'Excellent,'
╚══════════════╝

Content with the way his class had ended, Angel decidedly left the comfort of his sanctuary in the heart of his office, to take a simple stroll along the schools corridors and perhaps even a visit outside. Eventually, he would have to make a trip into the Forbidden Forest- he knew that much, but when? Well, that was up for discussion.

The bronzed male decided to descend the stairs, two at a time, to hurry his pace to the world outside the dreary castle walls. He noticed, out of the corner of his eyes, several slips of parchment, folded, and discarded throughout. He casually bent down to seize on of the leafs, and, finding only what appeared to be gossip, he dropped the paper and took a step forward.

But that particular step forward wasn't a trap step! Right? Either way, Angel lost his footing as the rug under him was swept with his weight and brought him to his impending doom down to the floor below. "AH- oh! OW! Bloo-

"Gah!"
Angel finally reached the bottom, his behind a bit sore, and the back of his head throbbed. "Peeves!!!" Angel shouted from his position still on the floor.

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:49 pm
User Image

Peeves the Poltergeirst
User Image

Peeves watched silently as the professor entered, barely able to contain his glee. He thought he might be able to ruin a students day, but instead he got a professor! Bouncing around silently and invisible, Peeves watched the professor pick up a piece of paper, toss it, then step on his step! Yes!

And there he went, tumbling down to the bottom, and cursing Peeves. Cackling madly, Peeves reappeared and swooped around the Professor. "You got caught in ol' Peevies trick!" He said with a large smile on his face. Peeves then left through the nearest wall.

It wouldn't do to stay around an angry professor.

User Image

User Image

KupoWrath

Ruthless Sex Symbol

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:09 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Enter from Library with Jane

The fair-haired Hufflepuff continued to tug strongly at Phi as she nearly dragged her towards the area which Phi guessed housed the Common Room. They were running up many flights of moving stairs, jumping whenever a switch occurred. The redhead was not completely focusing on her direction, she was giving very little attention to it in fact. Her mind was busy trying to arrange what she should tell her leading friend first. How she should start off; what she should say; what details she shouldn't include. But worry bubbled in her too - worry over whether the note was one of Blaire's and worried about Jane. About how hurt she was because of the word. She wasn't coming to classes because of it! She was clearly in more distress than Phi had been when she was called a Mudblood. Not to say it wasn't because of not being informed of its meaning. It was easy enough to guess.
But her biggest worry, regarding dear Jane, was whether Jane would join her. Join Ronyo, Colton, herself and whom ever the other two had so far persuaded in fighting this hatred. Phi looked up at the back of her friend's head and realized they had made impressive distance from the library in the short time she had focused out of reality.

Noticing this stairwell was completely abandoned sans them, Phi halted and pulled Jane back. Making her turn to face her. She wasted no time and her tone was quick with obvious rush, "My friends and I have been finding many posters and notes around the school. Some with names of first years, saying terrible things about them, others are notes made to look as if someone else had written them. Whatever the case they were all made to hurt who ever read them or picked them up. They were made to provoke gossip and see how people reacted. it is a game and we think we know who is behind it.
He has to be stopped. IF he is also behind the note you received, then you should join us; Ronyo, Colton and myself. We are going to start a group to fight him; Blaire. You remember him right? From our boat ride that first day? We are trying out to find out what he is after with those notes.
"
Phi took a breath. She had sped through all that with such haste and whisper she felt as if her throat was about to burst. She tightened her grip on Jane's hand and pulled her down to be literally face to face with her.
"If it was Blaire's note, the one that you got, then you realize that he is out to hurt people and manipulate. And even if it was not from him, we need to stop this all together. "

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:13 pm
xxxxxxxxxxUser Image

█████████████████ Muggle Born Hufflepuff ████████████

Jane ran up the stairs still pulling Phi along. "Blaire! Why am I not surprised. Either way I'm in. " Jane said raising her voice slightly. She stopped for a moment to let the staircases move. Even before the staircases stopped completely Jane jumped and started for the Hufflepuff common rooms.

Made by Purpleinator
ooc; check out tektek her.

Jane Abigail Doyle

Her

User Image

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Dark Prince of Thorns

6,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:33 am
((Just so you gals know, the Hufflepuff Common-room is on the sub-level near the kitchens(downstairs). I'm loving the thickening plot!))

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:28 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Phi smiled, her eyes still completely serious, but she was glowing with determination. She nodded to her friend as she went in the direction of the Common Room and stood far enough out of earshot so the Hufflepuff entrance portrait didn't think she was eavesdropping.
Pressing her back against the cold stone pillars that lined the beautiful walls, Phi waited for Jane's return.

Watching from a distance as a few other students walked the stairwells, though none coming this way, she watched the movement of the stairs. Magic still astounded her and she knew very well she was not alone. She often say the light of curiosity and excitement light up in her classmates' eyes as spells were preformed or shown to create wondrous things. Pureblood, Halfblood or Muggleborn. It was did not matter, curiosity was not in the blood. They all were often filled with awe at what the power could do.

{thanks prince! i am loving the plot as well!}

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:50 pm
xxxxxxxxxxUser Image

█████████████████ Muggle Born Hufflepuff ████████████

Jane ran back with the note in hand. "This is it" Jane said handing Phi the the crumpled yellow stain paper. She didn't dare even look at the note. The note was in dark black ink and in rather nice calligraphy though Jane hated to admit it. The note said horrible things and not just the word mudblood. Things she didn't dare recount

Made by Purpleinator
ooc; check out tektek her.

Jane Abigail Doyle

Her

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:29 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - ravenclaw

hermes
– Desiderius Erasmus
– Aesop
– Socrates
– Lyall Watson

╔══════════════════╗

Taking the note from her friend upon her return, she turned her eyes to begin reading it. But she stopped just a few words in. From the script as well as what was written - even the parchment used - Phi could immediately tell the source of the hate-note.
Phi turned her dark eye's to Jane's. A strange sadness filled her's as she folded and placed the note in her bag.
"Forget about it. None of it is true, sit next to me during our next potion's class?" She added with a smile. thinking about it now, Phi reminded herself that jane had not been attending most of her classes. Another smile turned to the dark haired girl, a thought weaved into it. Phi needed to give her a copy of all the notes she had taken and whatever else to help Jane stay on top of what was occurring in class.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Pale Mist

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out