Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Stone Circle Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:15 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

Second Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Twelve
✔Mood: Free
✔Status: Single

Samuel loved flying, loved the wind through his hair, loved the rush of adrenaline. He was practicing flying with the first snitch he caught, during Quidditch try-outs, releasing the snitch and then chasing it down. He had been practicing in the gorge, but decided to take a flight over to the forest. As he passed over the Stone Circle, he thought that he spotted Chase chasing after a small animal, possibly his pet. He swooped down towards the boy.

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:55 am
Chase Henrick User Image
~ Ravenclaw Chaser ::: Second Year ~
User Image

Just as Chase thought he had cornered his fox, he dove for the fur ball, only to see the fox take a sharp turn and evaded him completely. Chase would've gotten up and continued the game of chase if it weren't for the fact that he face-planted into the earth. He sighed, then got up, giving up on the fox for the day. A cage for that fox would be a good idea.

As he wiped the dirt off of himself, he felt a sudden surge of panic rising in him. Straight ahead of him was a concentrated patch of coniferous trees. As he stared into the depths of the trees, his body started to tremble and his mind started to enter a state of anxiety. This wasn't even the Forbidden Forest, but why? Throughout the entire year, he had been careful to stay as far away from any forest as possible. Meeting face to face with this patch of trees made him remember last year, when he almost died.

He opened his mouth, but no sound came out. Chase simply stood there, shaking, afraid.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

User Image

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:39 pm
User Image
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛
Samuel Meridith

Second Year Gryffindor
♛═━┈☆┈━═♛

✔Age: Twelve
✔Mood: Free
✔Status: Single

Sam stopped and watched as his friend contemplated the wooden area just south of the circle. He remembered last year when Chase ran into the forest and was severely hurt. Sam floated down towards Chase. "Hey, uh, are you alright there Chase?"

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:32 am
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year
Stone Circle

It had been a long year, longer for the white haired boy who had lost two of his bets friends. That loss’s effect had been clearly seen through Ronyo’s spellwork and focus for the school year. Now the boy with the long white hair stood on his favorite spot with stone pillars all around him. His eyes were closed and he wore only a pair of loose trousers to allow his body to be more exposed to the elements. A wand was in each hand, Ash in the right Blackwood in the left, crossed low in front of him. Ronyo had faced a wall this year, a blocking obstacle that had stopped his progression with his normal spell work and his advancement with his two wands. His inner magical strength had been all he could draw on and that had caused some overcharged or unpredictable outcomes.

It had been the joining of the four new members to the Chimera club that had helped him. Seeing that the ideas and work put in by Jane, Phi, Colton, and Ronyo himself would be carried on had set the boy’s mind at ease somehow. It was a sign that life went on, that no matter the hardships that one faced and the terrible events that so often plague every person, that there is hope. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, a silver lining in that black thunder cloud, and a chance for whatever terrible event transpired to be healed or maybe even fixed completely. Phi and Colton were not gone, just away on a journey that had no clear end. They had not been killed, on the controversy Colton had been saved and so had Phi from ending up like the rest of her family. Now Ronyo looked at that barrier, that wall that stood in his way and it did not look so strong anymore.

His eyes opened and the wizard went to work without a moment lost. Ash wand shot out quickly and with the command fired out the Stupefy spell that slammed into a pillar with a shower of red sparks. Quickly Ronyo rolled himself and his second wand to turn and fire to his exposed right side Petrificus Totalus that hit the pillar it was aimed at with a green wrapping splash of color. Ronyo then contorted his body as he made a quick jump and spin in the air to land looking the other direction and thrusting his two wands out to either side. One fired Expelliarmus while the other Depulso both of which hit with nice thuds and splashes of sparks as well. Another turn and another spell from one wand with his second turning to cover his exposed side, and then a quick spin or acrobatic flip to put him in a new position to better obtain a new group of targets. Then a quick two steps and a high flip and twist to cover ground and turn to face the direction he had come from as he landed. Ash wand came to his mouth as the Blackwood moved out but down. From the Blackwood Aurumflamma send golden fire rolling out and from the Ash Halitus Capiscum and Ronyo opened his mouth as flames rolled out and joined the golden blaze.

As the fire roared on Ronyo closed his eyes knowing this would be the hardest part of the exercise he was now attempting. With a pop he vanished from the spot and another quick pop appeared in the air over the center of the stone circle and the rolling flames. As he fell back to earth his Ash wand moved down and fired Reducto causing the fire to quickly push out and away and a small crater in the ground to form from the impact. Upon landing the boy spun and cast Lustro Circulus first creating even more crimson and gold flames spiraling out from the center. His second wand came out after the first stopped its fire shooting and released Aguamenti and sprayed water over the active flames to put them out and create a cloud of smoke and steam as the result. From within the smoky veil a smile appeared on Ronyo’s face as he brought his wands together and cast.

“Expecto Patronum!”

The wisps of silvery white steam rolled out and then formed into the winged reptilian that stood much taller than it had in the corridor with the rest of the Chimera Club. The Patronus reared its head up and opened its mouth to let out a mock roar and send clouds of vapor and steam out of its mouth like fire. When the spell was sent away and the smoke cleared Ronyo was standing back in the center, his body now shinnying from the sweat, breathing heavily but holding his smile like he used to.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:54 pm
Jessica Sassareth

Slytherin Prefect, Sixth Year

User Image Jessica was taking some time to herself -- needing to get out of the castle. Now that she was finally free of her affliction, the redhead began to wonder if that all there was to her was her will to survive. What was she to do now? Jess could do anything, if she put her mind to it.

However... in the last week, the Slytherin Prefect's thoughts were only revolving around her thoughts of revenge against her family -- to bring them to account for abandoning her at St. Mungo's after her near fatal poisoning. The doctors at the time thought the willowy redhead wouldn't survive to see eleven.

Now at sixteen, fully healthy and full of life, Jess walked out to the circle to think, Is there anything else to me other than my desire for revenge? My family does deserve my ire, but is the desire for vengeance worth one's soul?

No, of course not.

But... what else do I have? I don't really have any friends, I have... acquaintances. I'm not even sure anyone would even care, if something happened to me now? What a depressing thought. Am I so guarded and so cautious of others that I'm afraid of betrayal?

I... guess I am. Charlotte is gone. Hardly anyone chooses to associate with me. And those from other houses... only see me as a 'Slytherin' and nothing more. I don't know if... WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!?!?!

Jess' internal monologue is interrupted by the appearance of glowing silver white winged serpent. Jess' wide open green gaze and gaping mouth clearly displayed her shock staring at this creature of pure white energy breathing a cone of hot vapor. Just enough of the girl's brain engaged to slowly move to some cover -- not wishing to draw the energy creature's attention with a sudden dash.

From behind thick foliage, Jess' green eyes kept watch on the winged serpent barely aware that she drew her Cypress wand ready to cast if necessary. Just as suddenly at it appeared, the serpent vanished. The prefect kept herself hidden just in case the winged beast had simply turned itself invisible.....  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:44 am
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year
Stone Circle

His breathing was returning to normal as he took deep breaths to refill his lungs and pump more oxygen to his muscles after their dynamic motions. Looking at the smoke Ronyo brought his wand up once again and used the hot air charm from both wands to blow the smoke and dust away to clean up slightly from his exercise. It was then his sixth sense gave him a tingle, it was always slightly more alert after a work our as his other five senses were on overdrive from the adrenaline. He sniffed the air and while the scent was familiar to him it was not well known, which was partially a good thing for the one person he thought might try and perform some manner of aggressive act on him he knew well enough by sent and sound. However that particular boy was smart and also knew there differences in dueling skill, so he would not come himself to the deed.

After a quick thought Ronyo sighed and shook his head from the crazy ideas of being attacked like that. In truth Tay had no real reason to want to bring harm to Ronyo these days. They had worked together to accomplish a mutual goal and so still held a respectful idea of a cease fire, for now. Still Ronyo wasn’t one to be spied upon and with a grin he moved to his piled cloths and grabbed a few wooden objects from his bag. He remained as he was, shirtless and shoeless, just in case the individual looking on felt the need to strike, it would give him better range of motion and the act of puling the shirt over his head would cut his sight for a brief moment allowing for an attack of opportunity. Again Ronyo sighed as he realized his own thoughts and how paranoid he had become, or was it just hoping for another fight deep down. Regardless Ronyo placed the three wooden objects on the ground and pointed his Ash wand at each.

“Draconifors.”

The three wooden dragon statues began to move and flap their small wings. They took to the air and circled around Ronyo. The white haired boy pushed his sensory perception out to try and get an idea of the person’s location. It was never an easy task and more often than not Ronyo could only get a general direction unless one of his other senses picked something up. Luckly the onlooker’s scent was enough to help out and Ronyo pointed in three directions towards where he thought the person was. The little wooden dragons made small roars and then zoomed off to go and search the areas they had been instructed to. They raced in and out of the stones and bushes to see if they could push the sneaky spy out of hiding.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:58 am
Jessica Sassareth

User Image [I'm not sure if this would actually work, but I'm guessing it would unless you tell me otherwise Ronyo.]

Jessica silently cursed when she spotted the animated dragon statues. Quickly, her mind came up with a solution. From her hiding spot, Jess moved her wand as if she were drawing a mountain in the air itself and clearly stated her incantation of the Freezing Charm, "Immobilus!"

The inbound 'drakes' froze in mid-flight and simply began to hover, being slightly pushed by the breeze. Then, realizing her casting may have pinpointed her location for whoever did that, Jess picked up a large pebble and threw it through another bush in an attempt to draw attention away from herself.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:40 am
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year
Stone Circle

Ronyo grinned as his dragons were frozen in mid air, that was really all he needed to see thus the dragons did their jobs well. The three little statues had been tasked with gathering information on the person hiding and possibly flush them out. Information was always relative and even when it appeared that the dragons had been stopped they had given valuable intel to Ronyo just in the brief moments they were mobile. The fact that the person, a girl from what Ronyo picked up on the voice, had stopped the dragons instead of destroying them showed the person was likely not looking for a fight. The voice had only been in the casting of the spell and given the tone from casting under a dynamic situation rather than class it was hard to figure out who it belonged to.

A rustle in a nearby bush raised one of Ronyo's eye brows as he turned slightly to look at the location. There had been no movement from the area his dragons had been frozen from, and the sudden motion from another location seemed off. Unless the person had apparated to the bush it seemed unlikely for someone to be that skilled in moving silently, and with not hearing the classic pop that went with a disapparation and then apparation Ronyo could likely rule that out. He chuckled slightly as he was enjoying this small quick little mystery. He could easily end it by just calling out to the person and seeing if the matter had been intentional or done out of reaction. Something had the white haired boy wanting to solve this situation through other means. Ronyo snapped his Blackwood wand out and pointed it towards the bush that had just rustled.

"Reducto!"

The spell hit the area with a thud that sent dirt and leaves flying. At the moment of the impact Ronyo disapparated himself using the small explosion of earth to mask the pop. Ronyo had only started practicing apparation in his training exercises and while he enjoyed the new options it provided for combat he was still looking to refine it more. He had splinched himself a few times, nothing major just some cuts on his arms or legs, or a piece of his clothing being ripped, another reason why Ronyo had decided to train in just a pair of pants as he didn't want to destroy another shirt. This was a smaller distance however and so he felt confident in being able to make the move without harm. He apparated a few feet behind the location he had heard the spell cast from, knowing the pop would give him away he quickly looked to the person who had been playing this game of cat and mouse.

The red hair, milky skin, and green accents to her uniform made it clear who she was and Ronyo smiled knowing it had not been an enemy. He was curious why she was spying on him though, or if that was what she was doing if at all. It seemed the situation was more robust than just a simple matter of spying or setting an ambush. With a chuckle the boy put his wands away behind his back and crossed his arms over his bare chest as he spoke.

"You know it's not nice to spy on people Jess, people might think you're up to no good."  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:21 am
Jessica Sassareth

User Image Jess slowly turned to glance at a shirtless Ronyo, giving him a slightly annoyed look folding her arms, as she sat down, "And sneaking up on a girl while half-naked could be construed as 'being up to no good' as well, Ronyo. Having a few wicked intentions, Sir?" The Slytherin prefect smirked at her classmate before she continued, "By the way, I wasn't spying. I came out here trying to clear my head. I've had a lot on my mind... Then, I came across your 'glowing winged serpent' and hid. Considering that I wasn't too sure what it was, I erred on the side of caution."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 am
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year
Stone Circle

The boy laughed as Jessi quickly turned her situation into something that would better work for her, it was an admirable trait to always look for a way to have the situation work for you. It had indeed been a series of events that led up to a situation that could be viewed in multiple different lights unless the entire truth be known. No enemy trying to sneak up on Ronyo and attack him while he was alone, no spy looking to gain some kind of advantage over him for a future battle. Just a friend coming across the sight of his Patronus as it was fully formed. Again Ronyo laughed a bit and moved towards Jess and stopped before passing her.

"I work out like this so I don't get my cloths dirty, clearly the sight bothers you so I'll remedy it. I would hate to make you uncomfortable Jess."

Ronyo moved to his bag and got out a towel to wipe the sweet of his body before putting his white school shirt back on. After he buttoned his shirt up he sat down to work on his shoes and looked up at the red head who had come to clear her mind. The change in her overall appearance and her personality could not be overlooked, even from someone besides the deductive Ronyo. Something had transpired over the summer to facilitate such a change but the what was still the hidden key. With a smile as he put on a sock and one shoe Ronyo thought to maybe learn more about the red head.

"Sorry if my Patronus startled you, it's a dragon by the way, remember how I kept saying not all Slytherin are snakes?" Ronyo raised an eyebrow and smirked as the answer to his little saying was now being shown to more and more people, "You know Jess I don't think I really know much about you, doesn't make me a very good friend I guess. If you have something on your mind I have found that it helps to talk with someone, even if all you do is vent and curse," Ronyo finished his second shoe and adjusted his sitting position to be cross-legged and he gestured to a spot next to him, "If you would like you can sit and talk about it, and I promise to listen and help if I can."  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Skuld HJG

8,575 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:13 am
Jessica Sassareth

User Image The willowy redhead nodded her head slightly and took the offered spot beside Ronyo. A thought did cross her mind that this almost felt like a 'date', but quickly dispersed such an idea. Jess took a deep breach to start explaining what was on her mind, "Not too sure where to begin... Ever since I've been cured of my affliction this last summer, I think I realized just how consumed I've been about just surviving -- that I've forgotten how to live. This probably sounds completely insane to you, Ronyo."

For a few agonizing seconds, Jess' mouth went dry, and she turned her face away from her fellow Slytherin gazing back in the direction she had come, "Since before I came to Hogwarts, I had been fighting off an insidious poison that was apparently feeding itself on my liver. A few weeks before my letter to attend this school arrived, my family cut me off when the doctors had said at the time that I only had a couple of months to live. All the time that I have attended the school, my 'permanent' residence has been Wool's Orphanage. After I graduate, I won't have a home -- unwanted and unloved. I..."

A sudden rush of tears interrupted poor Jess, and the proud young woman tried to stop the flow of tears to no avail, "My family's creed has always been 'Survival of the Fittest,' and my father couldn't be bothered about a sick daughter. After all of his preaching about 'blood purity' and blood loyalty,' I get thrown away like rubbish! I think that's why I was so mad when I was sorted in Slytherin, because I didn't want to turn into them! And I hate them with every fiber of my being!

"I've lost ... my friends. Poor Miles died, when I was poisoned. And Charlotte simply disappeared off the face of the planet. There's hardly anyone I dare trust in our house -- you're one or the few exceptions to that. Everyone else just sees me as just another Slytherin waiting to backstab them. In the end... I have... absolutely nothing!"

Jess fully broke down crying, now leaning forward cradling her face with her hands....  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:45 pm
User Image User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Sixth Year
Stone Circle

There was a lot of information to digest in the relative short period of time Jessi had begun talking. How could Ronyo not known she was poisoned all these years and always on the verge of dyeing? Did anyone put a select few know or was it something that he had just missed? Whatever the past events had been to stop Ronyo from learning such information he knew it now, but now she was cured of the affliction which was joyous news indeed. Still the young woman had broken into tears of sadness and anger over the events that had led up to her sitting next to him in that stone circle.

As the girl cried Ronyo moved himself closer and put an arm around the girl and brought her in for a hug. She seemed like she could use one at the time, and sometimes just a simple gesture can be the difference for someone in troubled times. Ronyo always realized he had never known Jessi lived at the orphanage instead of with her family, that seemed like something that should have come up but again he had missed it. For all of Ronyo's attention to detail and attempt to make himself well informed he had missed critical information on someone who could have really used the attention and help. Now he was in a position to make up for his lack of assistance and poor example of a friend.

"Well I would say at the very least green looks good on you. If you had been a Gryffindor the red would likely have clashed something horrible with your lovely hair, and the gold and black of a hufflepuff I think would be odd as well. The blue of a Ravenclaw might have looked ok, but green seems to suit you best I think," It was really a small matter to look at in light of everything but sometimes a person had to start small and work up, "I am sorry I have been such a horrible friend Jess. All this time and I have never known you were sick. To know you are cured and healthy now is a wondrous thing and should be celebrated," Ronyo looked to the red head and did his best to wipe away the tear streaks from her face, "I may be able to help with the after school accommodations. I am not one to turn away a friend after I have been seemingly blind to their troubles for so many years, and I also do not believe this is a meeting of chance. If you would permit me to visit you at the orphanage over the summer I think I might be able to explain more. I'm still sorting out the details so I won't be able to be a hundred percent until then but I think this will be good for all of us," Ronyo gave the girl a final squeeze of a hug and moved to stand up as he looked at his watch, "I think the end of the year feast is starting up. Best get ourselves cleaned up and to the hall or we will miss all the good food. I'll look for you at the Slytherin table and we can watch each other's back from all the evil backstabbers and the like, "Ronyo laughed showing he was partially being comical as he moved to gather his things, "well then shall we?" Ronyo extended his hand to help the girl up and move on to the common rooms to get changed for the feast.  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:42 pm
User Image
ℛufus ℑ. ℱlinker
Third YearRavenclawChaserHalf~Blood
User Image
ℜufus sat down with a quill and parchment in the area his cat Archimedes was searching the area Rufus looked up now and then for the cat. He did not want the trouble maker to get lost in the forest again. He started to draw something on the paper.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:53 pm
Picture perfect, that's what it seems

Follow the leader, stay in the lines

They've got this whole thing figured out,

What will people think of what you've done this time?

We'll leave this place behind, doesn't that feel right?

Go with the crowd, surely somebody knows

Picture perfect, it's picture perfect

Why we're all wearing the emperor's clothes

·.·´¯`·.· rα¢ ¢α ·.·´¯`·.·

Wearing

®avenclawalfloodhird ear

User Image User Image
Gracie chased after Alpha as the barn owl flew down near the ground, heading straight for Archimedes. Behind her Feather flew silently. The snowy owl perched close to Rufus as Gracie ran past him shooing her barn owl away from the cat. She turned to look at Rufus apologetically and back towards him. "Sorry... Alpha likes chasing things smaller than her." Gracie said. With her back to the owl and cat, Alpha landed back near him and began poking her talons towards him.

OOC:...
User Image

Love Interest: No one For now

The days are fading

I'm gonna run like I've got the cops on my tail

Like they're one in the same

I'm gonna live my life like I'm out on bail

Picture perfect doesn't mean much to me

I'm gonna be out front, gonna blaze a trail

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:33 pm
User Image
ℛufus ℑ. ℱlinker
Third YearRavenclawChaserHalf~Blood
User Image
ℜufus gave a nerves smile and nodded to Gracie. “I-its alright as long as its just playful. Archi could use a work out now and then.” Rufus was really not sure about the owl. But tried to go back to his drawing. Archi tried to make himself look big and eyed the bird.
User Image

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces