Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hallways and the Grand Staircase
The Owlery Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:09 pm
User Image
first year - hufflepuff
▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

allen w. rhoddes

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬
muggle born - wizard raised

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan, and not quite enough time.”
– Leonard Bernstein
“Now, somehow, in some new way, the sky seemed almost alien.”
– Lyndon B. Johnson

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

¦¦
The sadness remained in his eyes and he nodded, acknowledging that it made sense to not know why. Emotions were tricky and so hard to understand and control.
"What are you stressed about? Do you," he hesitated, feeling like he was stealing her 'idea' and offered help from before, but he carried on, feeling what he was offering was just as true to him, "want to talk about it? About anything?"
He wanted to hug her. She seemed to need one and wanted to hold her and make her feel safe. But, instead, he simply began to gently rub her arm.
¦¦

User Image

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:34 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...
User Image
William Dante Nott the Third

Second Year, Slytherin

User Image

While the rest of the school had hurried towards class, Tay hadn't. He remained behind hidden near the rafters of the owlery dutifully awaiting his owl to soar from the heavens and perch loyally at his side, but the owl had been gone all day. No doubt, Drogo had been hunting beforehand, but now? The owl should have been here by now...

A letter was clenched in the hands of William Nott while he waited, it was to be sent to his uncle, but now he wondered if it would ever get there. He should have been to class, he knew, but he'd make it up anyway later. For now, this was far too important to neglect. And without further due, Drogo's massive wings swept inside the owlery sending most other winged carriers flocking away to the other side at the sight of the beastly Eurasian Eagle Owl. But what Tay hadn't expected was the package dutifully wrapped against his owls leg. A moment was spared to retrieve the treat he had for his owl before he snatched the package and noted his uncles print keenly through the brown packaging. Tearing apart the fabrication, Tay was met with the cool familiarity of the aged bronze pocket watch that Roi had acknowledged during the summer. It's frigid metallic shape ticked with vehemence as Tay's eyes scrambled to read a short but concise note.

Remington

Spin its wheels thrice, but never stay for three hours or you'll be stuck forever.

╔══════════════╗
Injuries:
Desires:Home
╚══════════════╝

User Image

..even heroes know when to be scared.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Ms.Green Apple

3,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:17 pm
User Image
{HALVINE | CLENORE}

1st Year Gryffindor

Since he had a bit of free time after his short fifth class, Halvine decided to take a quick trip to the owlery to see his owl. In all honesty, he should have used the extra time to find the greenhouses for his next class, but he hadn’t seen Nikolai since they’d arrived, and he missed him. Nikolai was the one constant he could always count on.

He opened the heavy door to the owlery, and half-smiled/half-grimaced at the smell. It was a familiar and comforting smell, but with a multitude of owls like this, it was a little overpowering. Whistling once in an absent-minded way, he rummaged through his bag for some parchment. He hadn’t planned on posting anything, but he might as well while he was here. His parents must have been waiting to hear from him. For some reason though, he was nervous to send them news; what would they think of him being in Gryffindor?

Taking out two separate sheets along with his favorite quill, he sat down on a step, Nikolai flitting onto his shoulder a moment later. Nuzzling his head into the bird’s soft feathers, he jotted down a few quick sentences.

Hullo dad,
All right? I’m fine.
I got sorted into Gryffindor. I know, weird.
My classes are good so far, and no, no new mates just yet, before you ask.
You can ask anyway though, maybe it’ll change by the time your letter arrives.

Well, write later.
Love,
Halvine xxx

The second piece of parchment was for his mother, and this one was quite a bit more difficult. After a ridiculously long feeling five minutes, he gave up and decided on adding something to his father’s letter instead.

P.S. Could you post mum for me? I gotta get to my next class. Thanks dad. Send her my love.

He knew he was just scared of talking to her; he was lying to himself as much as to his father. She would never show it, but he was afraid she’d be disappointed in him. His dad never judged him, that’s just who he was. Sighing, he rolled up the short letter and wrapped a string around it haphazardly. He handed it to Nikolai, petting his favorite spot above his beak for a moment before standing abruptly. “Nikolai, take that to dad okay? And wait for his post to mum. Thanks, have a safe trip.” Then with a few chirps in reply, the bird was off. Exhaling, Halvine shrugged his bag onto one shoulder and hurried outside, hoping he had enough time to get to his next class.

NEXT: HERBOLOGY

{Nikolai}

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:57 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Fifth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

►The man... The mystery... The legend...◄

Will led Aravis by her hand up to the Owlery, the smell of the place wafting out. To some, it was a nasty smell, but to Will, it was a welcoming smell. The animals around his seemed to come more to life when he entered. Turning, he watched Aravis enter as a chilly gust blew through the Owlery. The largest owl currently roosted there squawked and flew to land beside Will. He patted the owl's head. "Hello Baron," Will said and the owl squawked. Then he turned his attention back to Aravis. "You get a really beautiful view up here, especially at sunset."

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:04 pm
User Image

Aravis Rosentha

Fourth YearGryffindorDreamer

After being led up to the Owlery by Will, Aravis was uncertain of what to expect. She certainly hadn't been expecting the sudden chilly gust even though it was her fourth year going up there. The girl would have looked for Sadie, but then she remembered that she had sent the owl off to visit home a few days ago. She nearly jumped as a large owl landed next to Will, but her attention was soon diverted to the surroundings. "It's quite breathtaking," she agreed as she tried to hide behind Will from the wind.

I am a dreamer
Take me higher

Open the sky up
Start a fire

I believe
Even if it's just a dream

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:50 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Fifth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

He turned and smiled at her. "Not as breathtaking as the sight I brought with me," he said, his eyes catching the light in just a way that they seemed to sparkle. He noticed the goosebumps on her arms and inferred that she was cold. Instinctively, he wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to him. He was radiating warmth.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:01 pm
User Image

Aravis Rosentha

Aravis was quite certain that she had been growing a new layer of skin in the time she had been up in the Owlery. She should have known that it wouldn't be as warm up there, but things such as love had been known to addle the mind. The girl had just never thoughyt that they would happen to her, yet here she was, definately in love. There was no way around it.

The Fourth Year could tell she was blushing, since her face was just about the only warm part of her body. She was glad that Will had put his arms around her. He was hot, and in more ways than one. Aravis just snuggled into his arms, unsure of what to say.

I am a dreamer
Take me higher

Open the sky up
Start a fire

I believe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:46 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Fifth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

Will smiled and held her against the wind as another breeze blew through the Owlery. He leaned his head down to kiss her gently on her head. His heart pounded out a rhythmic beat, that to him, said that he loved her. It was a good feeling, after what had happened with Indala. He was afraid after that that he would be broken, but with Aravis in his life now, he was clearly certain that idea was wrong. He still held her in his arms. "If, if you're cold... we can go back inside," he said, not entirely sure he wanted to go back.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:07 pm
User Image

Aravis Rosentha

Aravis felt comfortable with Will around her. With him, her mind didn't get a chance to think about what had happened to her dad. That had been all she had been able to think of in her free time for a long time. Now that Will was in her life, that was all she could think of. How could she not?

The girl snapped back to reality when Will spoke. "It's not too bad," she said through chattered teeth. "I do have you." At the moment, she didn't want to go inside.

I am a dreamer
Take me higher

Open the sky up
Start a fire

I believe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:52 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Fifth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

Will smiled when she, despite being cold, said that it wasn't too bad out here. Then she said that she had him and his heart almost skipped a beat. He blushed a little, though it was indiscernible from the color due to the cold. He held her a little tighter, hoping the warmth of his body would help stop her chattering teeth. "Oh, well if... when you want to go back inside..." he said, trailing off. He wanted to kiss her again, but then he'd have to stop holding her against him.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:06 pm
User Image

Aravis Rosentha

Aravis was starting to get a bit annoyed. Not with Will. No definately not at him, but rather at her body. She hadn't spent much time outside in the cold in recent times, and it showed. He teeth were chattering uncontrollably, and she was quite certain that the clouds in front of her were coming from her own mouth. "Is it too late to change my mind? she asked, trying not to chatter as much.

I am a dreamer
Take me higher

Open the sky up
Start a fire

I believe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:09 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Fifth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

He started to chuckle and slowly began to move towards the stairs down to the halls. "Nope... I think I know somewhere we could sit though. Nice and warm," he said and kissed her on the head. He was thinking of snuggling on the couch in the common room in front of a nice fire.

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:38 pm
User Image

Aravis Rosentha

Aravis found her legs moving stiffly to the stairs. Warm definately sounded good right about now. "As long as it's warmer than here," she said as a cloud formed in front of her face.

I am a dreamer
Take me higher

Open the sky up
Start a fire

I believe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:57 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Fifth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

He smiled and tipped her chin up so that he could kiss her before he led her down the stairs. "It'll be a lot warmer, I promise," he said and held her against him as he slowly moved down the stairs. "Maybe... would you want to go down to Hogsmeade sometime?"

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:41 pm
User Image

Aravis Rosentha

Aravis was getting used to Will kissing her. Well used to, as in, it didn't surprise her as much as their first kiss had. She was still quite interested in the Fifth Year. Quite could even be an understatement.

She thought about his offer for a moment, but only a moment. The Fourth Year didn't need long to make up her mind. "Of course I'd go with you to Hogsmeade! she exclaimed excitedly.

I am a dreamer
Take me higher

Open the sky up
Start a fire

I believe

Hallways and the Grand Staircase

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers