Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Proposal for using guild treasure-WE HAVE AN UPDATE!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How can we write this up...
...so he will actually do if for us?
100%
 100%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 63

welian

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:34 am
Oh my god, both of you, chill out. You're not even listening to each other anymore.

Perks, if you want to come up with fantastic, creative, massive ideas, fine. No one is killing your creativity, Pilotslover and I are just saying that the focus is going to be on the little things that are more feasible.

I'm saying that therefore, that's where the bulk of the brainstorming should be. I'm also personally saying, on a side note, the power plant was a bad analogy, completely out of line with the type of issue and the scope of what we're dealing with. Too soon.

And by demanding "the impossible" Pilots is proving his/her point - it's going to be very very difficult to come up with a safe, effective contest system integrated into the site.

I'd rather not take sides with people I don't even know that well, but down. Perks, I think you're the one who's overreacting,

But everyone, just calm down, and bring this back on topic. This is brainstorming, not trying to fight over who's being more childish.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:35 am
Pilotslover
Sergeant Perks

So you say. But I don't see 'moderator' written under your username, so I have only your word for it. Devil's Advocate? Exactly how is it harming me that I make impossible suggestions? Please elaborate? Will Gaia take my Gold and GCash? Will they delete my guild? Will they ban me? So far I've seen no repercussions for anyone who's made petitions for impossible things. Gaia loves feedback. That's why they have Fireside Chats and petitions subforum, that's why Panagrammic has asked for input. Why do you insist on censoring other people's input, when mamarita has made it clear this guild wants all kinds of ideas to be posted in this topic - it does say brainstorming in the title. Look up brainstorming in a dictionary. mamarita will decide which suggestions get forwarded. Not you. Please stop trying to make others feel bad about making suggestions or having ideas. You're not helping. I've got bigger things to worry about than your PMS. If you're the Devil's Advocate, I think any Devil I ever knew would fire you. That quitting gaia threat? You're acting like you're 12.

This is a brainstorming topic. Why do you keep trying to make a lobotomy on it?

Please go back and read my posts again, I'm not shooting down for the express purposes of shooting down those ideas, I'm trying to encourage people to come up with solutions.

Please stop making this personal because it's not, I'm a naturally cynical person so I find it easy to find holes in ideas. Also, stop with the personal insults and attacks.

So yes, to clarify, I'm only trying to encourage people to think outside of the box, to come up with the flaws in these ideas before the Gaia developers do (The more we dissect an idea the less chance we have to them shooting it down.) I'm not knowledgeable about coding so I'm trying to encourage people who are to come up with usable ideas since we all know that the coding here is so old.

Apologies if you misunderstood my intentions, I'll try to be more clear in the future.

Fair enough. I did indeed misunderstand. People mean different things by 'playing the Devil's Advocate'. I don't need to continue this conversation, I've achieved my objective, which was to get you to say that you don't want people to stop posting complicated suggestions, you want people to post them and then you want other people to improve them. I am opposed to any posts that suggest someone should stop posting here, or that someone's ideas are not welcome here. I wanted it out in the open that you are not anti-ideas, you're simply doing your best to make the ideas better. Your messages were confusing, and you're the one who took it personal when you threatened to quit gaia. mamarita told you her opinion on that, and I agree with her.

We're not interested in whether you quit gaia or not. That is not part of what this thread is about. I'm sorry I took this to the level of personal attacks. I would not say I insulted you, but if you feel insulted, I apologize.  

Sergeant Perks

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:37 am
Eylios
Oh my god, both of you, chill out. You're not even listening to each other anymore.

Perks, if you want to come up with fantastic, creative, massive ideas, fine. No one is killing your creativity, Pilotslover and I are just saying that the focus is going to be on the little things that are more feasible.

I'm saying that therefore, that's where the bulk of the brainstorming should be. I'm also personally saying, on a side note, the power plant was a bad analogy, completely out of line with the type of issue and the scope of what we're dealing with. Too soon.

And by demanding "the impossible" Pilots is proving his/her point - it's going to be very very difficult to come up with a safe, effective contest system integrated into the site.

I'd rather not take sides with people I don't even know that well, but down. Perks, I think you're the one who's overreacting,

But everyone, just calm down, and bring this back on topic. This is brainstorming, not trying to fight over who's being more childish.

Thank you Eylios, I'm sorry that you had to get involved.

Conversely I'm a She. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:00 am
In deference to guild rules and the nation of Japan, I've censored some of my own posts.  

Sergeant Perks

Furzball

Dapper Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:43 pm
Whew, read through all 8 pages of posts that are up. Back at anime convention 2006 or 7 I stood up and asked about guild changes. Still nothing. So I'm glad the it is at least being proposed right now.

While the main topic is on using guild donations, alot of these suggestions are on things I think should be simple updates for the guild system. I will talk about each point after sorting them into the two catagories of system updates and donations
-----------------------------------------
System Updates
-Sub-forum removal
-sub forum sorting
-kick members without bans
-guild reset of clearing all threads and members.
-change user titles (Captain, vice, crew, members, etc.)
-donation transaction public
-block non-members
-larger guild banner space

These are the ones I definantly agree with. Other donation things like a specific guild shop will be harder to add into the code. Basically I think this updates is mostly going to be a data update and less graphical. If gaia sees alot of excitement due to this update they may decide to get onboard with other suggestions.

Charities, contests, etc. have as much chance of being abused as discussed. I believe it should be up to the users and their mules to decide on what's appropriate rather then gaia.

As for title changes, just make it in the catagories we have in guild already. So if I want to change things to
Captain-Shoghan
Vice Captain-Tactician
Crew-Ninjas
Member-Peasants
(Hah! Pirates versus ninjas!)
Then that would be it. Less programming work right now then adding the option to add titles like subforums.
--------------------------------
Edit: Also forgot, because some of us cleared out guilds by banning all the members, perhaps an unban feature would be good sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:36 pm
I have to agree with making something to clear out a guild quickly. I had to clear out a guild someone spam bombed on a massive scale once and it was extremely tedious. I would have loved the option of wiping the guild for a fee.  

God-the-almighty

Angelic Unicorn

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:19 am
God-the-almighty
I have to agree with making something to clear out a guild quickly. I had to clear out a guild someone spam bombed on a massive scale once and it was extremely tedious. I would have loved the option of wiping the guild for a fee.

I love this idea, almost like a blitz clean for the guild before you sell it on.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:24 am
Pilotslover
God-the-almighty

I love this idea, almost like a blitz clean for the guild before you sell it on.
Yeah, I thought of that too.  

God-the-almighty

Angelic Unicorn

water_spirit

Timid Cupcake

21,200 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Loiterer 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:55 am
Gosh this is probably too late but if I had a suggestion, it would be for them to let us tip members via the Treasury.
Stings because someone just dropped 100k in my own little black hole.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:48 am
water_spirit
Gosh this is probably too late but if I had a suggestion, it would be for them to let us tip members via the Treasury.

Tipping on a whole would be great for the guilds, I sadly don't think the older then old coding the guilds function on supports it and as so far Gaia doesn't seem keen on updating it.

Which sucks.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:01 am
Let's do a thing called transforming transactions:

For the guild's bank, have the gold turn into GG - Guild Gold

You can change the bright golden coins into more of a bronze type.

And this will be separate from the regular spending in the mp/stores rather than be spent in the guild.

This will help prevent abuse. Separate the guild gold from the actual amount of gold. The guild gold will only be spent for use of the guild.

Now- using it for contests and such? Well if you're going to do that, you still might as well come out of your own pocket.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:04 am
water_spirit

ouch/  

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

BobCatHOH

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:40 am
Not sure if anyone else came up with these ideas, but if someone else did, I give credit to them and not claiming these ideas as my own.

How about a news fader like feature, where you can put an announcement and have it show up for a period of time.

Also a way to reorganize subforums. (move them up and down)

Adding colors, formatting to subforum names (bold, red, italics, bigger letters, etc)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:16 pm
I think all my ideas are already brought up, so I'll second their opinions!

1) make it so captains can choose to give out gold for contests
----a)Can put the logs public
----b)Cap at a certain amount (maybe more members = higher cap?)
----c)Have option to allow Vice-Captain/ crew to give prizes/gold
----d)Allow Captain/VC/Crew/different options to buy items in the marketplace via guild gold -> only transferable to guild members and not to themselves

2)More customization options for guilds like profiles

3)Subscribe/alert options for guilds

4)I don't know if it's in the guilds already, but a "past announcements" feature or something? xP  

Triangular Dice

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items