Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply _The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*
The Fire Opal Pub - Sacred Source's Ranting Place Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:58 pm
Ok, time for a rambling story so I don't start coming out of left field...

Working as a cashier I tend to see all kinds of people. Some of them are pagan. I've seen a couple people with pentacles, one specifcally that lives in the area I guess. Allthough, one day while I was passing this one woman through, I noticed that she was staring at my neck. Which by now I have come to associate with a comment about my pentacle (usually ince ones, it's very prettyfull 4laugh ), and she doesn't disappoint me. She points at it, and the dialogue went kinda like this.

Her- Are you into witchraft? You a witch?
Me- Well, sort of, not so much witchcraft as spirituality...
Her- Witch! Me to! Ahahahahaha! Witch! Me- Ummm, okay......
And the fluffy came out and thought me to be it's fellow....

Now this woman comes to my store failrly often, and is friends with one of the cashiers. So we talk on occasion, and we start discussing books. To start with, shes never heard of Scott Cunningham, which is a crime beyond words. She starts talking about this book of incence and oil and their magical properties that she has, and how she wants to lend it to me.
I'm mentally going "is this woman insane?", but agree to take the book. I then recieve a battered cover-less copy of "Magic with Incense and Powders", which seems good enough until I take a look at the contents. And the classifications of what substance can be used for what. Included in there is Attracting, Gambling, andHexing and Jinxing

I don't care if you don't believe in the effeectiviness of hexes. Merely wishing someone ill will like that has karmic back-effects.

Then I started paging through the book, and was readily amused by entries such as "Come to Me, the very potent conction used to attract sexual love", and "Black Devil, can stop infidelity in an instant when mixed with sugar and sprinkled yadayadayada.

I guess the point that I'm getting to is this.

THE HERBS AND SUCH ARE CALLED TOOLS FOR A REASON. THEY HELP MAKE YOUR JOB EASIER. THEY HAVE NO OR LITTLE USE IN THEMSELVES BEHIND THIS. YOU DON'T NEED THEM FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT MAKING THINGS EASIER.

So many books these days spout out endless associations and connections and incantations, while forgetting to mention the inner work. How these corrolate to the human mind. Burning a green candle wont bring you a cent. Using a green candle to set a mental trigger to help you meditate on aquiring more wealth might help. But without your own meditation and effort, you aint doing squat.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:28 pm
xd Your post made me happy heart

Panther Nightwind

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:23 am
Panther Nightwind
xd I take you've had the same problem?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Panther Nightwind
xd I take you've had the same problem?
No, but it made me laugh lol heart

Panther Nightwind

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:15 pm
Well put, Nihl. I agree that people are forgetting that the mind is more powerful than the tools being used. Without the concentration, visualization, meditation, etc. you're just goign through the motions and making everything devoid of meaning (Wait... is that too harsh sweatdrop )

Well, anyway, good post 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:59 pm
Atma311
Well put, Nihl. I agree that people are forgetting that the mind is more powerful than the tools being used. Without the concentration, visualization, meditation, etc. you're just goign through the motions and making everything devoid of meaning (Wait... is that too harsh sweatdrop )

Well, anyway, good post 3nodding
Right on! That's exactly what I'm talking about!  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:04 pm
Caution, I'm really pissed at this, so swear words will be used more than liberally.

First of all, ******** Zahir. Damn presumptuous up-tight b***h-a** mod, banning Roman Holiday for a joke in poor taste. Have the original spammers met any consquences? No, they only get banned from the original thread, by Roman himself. ******** you Zahir.

But you little a**, you can't keep Roman down. His other acounts popped up for a little until he got another version of Roman back up (Flavian Bloodsport). We were happy. Then...

Some little c**t decides to go move the thread to CB and lock. ******** lock it in CB. I'm trying to post, and keep getting these permission errors, then I notice the dreaded teeth icon. We weren't spaming in there, we had our own little thread for that in the Friends sub-forum, and Ty would post it whenever we seemed to go off of topci to much.

But no, some asshat decides to to move. Why? Why the ******** do they get the idea that it should be moved? The ******** thing was allready popped into ED, deleted, moved back to GD with an apology to Roman, CAN'T YOU LEAVE THE ******** THREAD ALONE?

It's violated no rules. It was stating an opinion, and if it did happen to violate something, shouldn't you ******** have done something before it gets past 1400 ******** pages?

Argh, we're onto you. We're going to end up forming a ******** army on your asses, and for sure I'm not above forming mule after mule and spamming the GD with protest posts, images and threads.

Argh.........  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:30 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Jameta
Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:19 pm
An animated sig on said subject has gotten on my nerves:

"Let me ask you something.
Men don't need to choose between children and education.
So why do women?
Men don't need to choose between children and careers.
So why do women?
Men don't need to kill to have free sex.
So why do women?
Men don't need abortions.
So why do women?
Early feminists argued that abortion was the result of women having to conform to a man's world.
This might explain the lack of support given to pregnant women in today's workplace.
Has abortion helped women, or given people an excuse to keep neglecting them?
Don't our women matter to us anymore? Or are women only sex toys and incubators?
Shouldn't they be more than that? Shouldn't they be given the same chances that men are?
How long are we going to let people shove women to the side and press on them to easiest option for us...
Even if it's devastating to them?
Men don't need abortions.
If we worked for it, women wouldn't either."

Men generally do not need to choose because they do not go through the same physical and mental changes and stresses that women do. They have testicals and penes (penises); women have ovaries an uteruses. Men do not need abortions because they cannot (readily) experience an abortion, nor can they (readily) experience pregnancy.

Let me ask you something: do you have full sovereignty over something you cannot experience? No. You can have an idea, but until you actually have some sort of experience close to it (and it's hard to find an experience similiar to pregnancy), one cannot actually fully understand.

We are not exactly the same, and therefore are subject to varying rights when it comes to the physical body and related subjects. Ever heard the expression, "What is fair isn't always right, and what is right isn't always fair?" This is one of those situations, as men are at a fair loss to this experience. This isn't to say that they cannot be loving and supportive of pregnant women and the child(ren) they bear. This is to say that a majority of men should not make such a decision. Guess what? Congress is a majority of men.

Society is the one that needs to be checked here, on both fronts. For, I'm seeing both women getting pregnant and having abortions as being "neglected". (Of course, I can understand not wanting to work with a pregnant woman because their emotions fluctuate and they can be quite bitchy, but that's something else entirely.) Instead of taking away a right, why don't you educate people and make perspectives change.

Let me ask you something. This is the land of the free. So why do you want to take away an individual's right?

I have more points on the subject. However, I kinda' babbled on here, and probably didn't make myself very clear, so I'm not even going to bother with those right now. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:21 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:53 am
I was talking about divination (using my tarot cards) in my friend J's thread the other night. I used it to try and figure out what is in my boyfriend's mind that is making him act so weird lately. And someone who shall remain nameless (L) that I used to be friends with (I am not really L's anymore, I only talk to him because he's my best friend's boyfriend) called divination a bunch of BS.

I told L that I believe divination to be a part of my religion (because it's not for everyone) and that he shouldn't call it BS because that's just as insulting to me as if I told an Xtian that Jesus was just an emo b**ch. When I visit Xtian homes, if they pray at dinner, I will bow my head and say "amen" but pray to another diety, just out of respect.

L then countered by saying that Pagan religions such as Wicca are nothing but consumerist groups that simply play on the "I don't want to be like my parents" feelings of teens.

Gah. It irks me when people are so disrespectful. Especially since J (who is an Xtian) sided with L and said I was trying to start a fight. I just wanted L not to bash divination and recognize that Paganism is a valid religious choice.

When Xtians mention church around me, I will say something about "yeah, that's great..." or just ignore it. I don't go on and on about how Xtianity is such a horrible choice of religion.

I have religious debates with the three people who sit with me in English.

T: 18/f - Agnostic, moral codes similar to Xtianity from previously being Xtian.
C: 17/m - Agnostic, moral codes similar to Xtianity from previously being Xtian.
A: 18/m - Xtian who attends Church when he's not working.
Me: 17/f - Pagan who does not believe in attending Church, used to be an avid Xtian.

We all have debates over the existance of god, god's will, etc. We never let our religions come between us. They all know I'm Pagan and I know that A is an Xtian. T and C are comfortable with the fact that they are not Xtians anymore.

We all know this about each other. And none of us are bothered by hanging out with each other. When we see each other again the next day, nothing we may have argued or fought about affects how we act toward one another. We have a clean slate every day.

So, if T, C, and A (who have known me from about 1 year to about 6 months) can accept my choice of religion as valid even though we are all so different, why can't L (who has known me for 4 years)?

He likes to preach about how America has so many faults and that people are all unaccepting and unnecessarily hateful of each other, but then he denies my religion as valid an calls all areas related to that religion BS. Hypocrites disgust me. At least I fake interest or listen polietely when Xtians talk about their faith.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:43 am
Well... you could always point out that your faith is recognized by the military, and therefore officially recognized by the government. That might shut 'em up... for a moment. xp

Honestly, I'd state they're wasting my time and energy if they didn't want to at least tolerate my personal decision. I obviously have better aquaintances and connections to speak on various matters on. wink  

Jameta
Captain

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:49 pm
God. No one comes here, do they?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:06 am
God doesn't, but I lurk in this Forum, indeffinately.

I have a non-religious Rant! [jumps up and down happily]
It's about cities that grow too fast for their inhabitants.

Ok. For the last ten years I've lived in a fairly big city called Barrie.
Now, I only say fairly big because It's been growing non-stop since I moved here. There is no infrastructure. The public transit is very poorly managed. There is one plaza to service the entire North-West side of Barrie, where I live. You have to go down the hill to find a job. Even then, you're lucky if someone hires you. I've been looking for four years now, haven't found a thing. And I have experiance.
In reality, Barrie is a small town that grew too large, too quickly for the original citiczens to adapt. Therefore, it's a large city with a small town mentality.
People with backyards drink in their driveways. Kids play in the streets, unattended, most of the time. For people who want to make a living as babysitters, they have to deal with kids who would give you a black eye for saying "No, it's time for bed now."
The South End keeps growing, rapidly, but there are no plaza's, no malls, no jobs in that end. The people living there have to come almost to Down Town, the middle of the city, just to find something close to a job.
And teen's getting a job in this town? Forget that all together.
Most of the people in this city still commute to Toronto, because there is no work here.
Hell, I would, if we had a car anymore. This city, being a Pitcherplant in disguise, caused my mother, a spectacularly good driver, to lose her liscence. If we never moved here, that would never had happened. Now none of us can drive.
I'm very strongly considering hopping on a greyhound in May and going to Toronto to find a job, and then an apartment. I'm 18 in July, so it wouldn't be too hard. [nods]
What pisses me off the most about this city is that Dr. David Suzuki came here, and flat out said that we should put a ban on all construction that doesn't create new jobs. He said that we have no infrastructure. He said we're growing far too fast.
And if he says it, it's probably right, because he's brilliant. He knows.
So I'm sick of this pitcherplant. Yes, pitcherplant. A town is what it should have stayed. It's pathetic. Ten years of my life have been wasted here. And I want a Government Refund. Ten years payed back to me in cash.

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:36 pm
*chews on flesh*

It greatly irritates me when users post as though no one else is reading.

This comes up due to a discussion continually being revived by an individual, who complains about the regulars bringing up the issue of morality and ethics on a topic.

*slams a frying pan around*

HELLO, it's frickin' Witchcraft thread! There are all sorts of people reading the posts, so morality and ethics needs to be brought up if we're to consider ourselves responsible practicioners! domokun

That and from what see keeps posting, she does not understand that rock + soul =/= animated rock. xp  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff