Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Alchemy I ~ (1/5) Open! (Introduction) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 3:41 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson
╚══════════════╝

Angel stood and adjusted his crisp tailored suit and grasped his wand hidden in his inner breast pocket, a few silent swipes of his wand, and his name began to write itself out on the board and when the clock struck three, his wand had been brandished again to swish the door ajar to allow the students to file in. ”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish for a fault, and continued in English once the majority of the students had arrived. ”Welcome to Alchemy, I am Professor Amorocho, I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, you may call me Professor Angel….

“Now, today we are going to begin the year by briefly learning about the Philosopher’s Stone and its properties. The Philosopher’s Stone can be used to create the Elixir of Life, to transform base metals into pure gold, and, power, but, only one stone created has ever been recorded into existence. created by the hands of Nicholas Flamel, and, Albus Dumbledore....

“Now, can any one of you tell me the crucial events leading up to the destruction of the Philosopher’s Stone in the year nineteen-ninety two, and please, state your name, as well?”

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:28 pm
User Image

After all this has ραṡṡε∂, I still will гє๓คเภ 
After I've cried my ℓαṡτ, there'll be ๒єคยҭұ from pain 
And though I can't
υи∂εяṡταи∂ why this ђคקקєภє๔ 
I ќиøω that I will when I look back ร๏๓є๔คұ

Verily walked silently into the classroom, trying to push all thoughts of Erik out of her mind. She was half tempted to just fly as high as possible on her broom in the first match, and just jump. If Erik were still here, she knew he'd catch her, but who else cared enough to catch her anymore? She pushed everyone she loved away from her. Darius, Elli. Her father was to far away to know, and Gracie was lost in her own world. With a small sigh, she took a seat in the front of class, and dutifully took notes on the subject, in neat loopy cursive. When asked to provide details on the destruction of the stone, she raised her voice tentatively. "My name is Verily McHalen. The Philosophers Stone was destroyed in 1992 after Lord Voldemort tried to use it to bring himself back to full power. Luckily, Harry Potter realised something was amiss, worked his way through the many obstacles to reach where the stone was hidden within the walls of Hogwarts. Voldemort, in the body of Professor Quirrel was trying desperately to get the stone from the Mirror of Erised. Fortunately for us, and unfortunately for Voldemort and Quirrel, Dumbledore was a smart man. When Harry looked into the mirror he was able to retrieve the stone and ended up defeating the dark lord. After that, in order to protect the magical world, Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel mutually decided to destroy the stone, so Lord Voldemort couldn't use it for his own evil needs. Thus ending Nicholas Flamel's long life." When she finished her long winded rant she nodded her head politely and turned back to her notes, fixing a messy e at the end of the notes to look better.

OOC: …

Here I am at the єภ๔ of me. Tryin' to hold to what I can't ṡεε  
I forgot how to ђ๏קє. This night's been so ℓøиģ 
I cling to Your קг๏๓เรє. There will be a ∂αωи 
Though it won't be ҭ๏ค๔ұ, someday I'll нøρε again

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:24 am
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson
╚══════════════╝

”That is an excellent response, Miss McHalen, twenty points will be added to Ravenclaw.” His smile and nod gleamed approvingly, as he ushered the smallest of waves of his wand that had enchanted the piece of chalk behind him to levitate and hastily scribble down all the key components of her explanation. ”Is there anything anyone else would like to add?”

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:40 pm
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Second Lesson: Corrumpo Spell
╚══════════════╝

Quote:

Name of the spell: Corrumpo
Pronunciation of the spell: Corr-um-PEE-oh
Meaning behind the name: Corrumpo meaning: to break up, destroy, annhiliate / spoil, weaken
Effects of the spell: This spell causes any iron or iron based object to rust upon will.
Wand movements required to perform properly: With a swift wrist, form a zigzag line with the tip of the wand and then thrust it towards the object.
Distance requirement: Item must be within sight
Lasting effects: The effects last upon the object until the spell is reversed

Manually guiding the chalk to his uniquely sprawling script, Angel copied down the spell for the day and the page it appeared in their alchemical textbooks. Wiping his hands of any fine white residue, he turned his attention to the head of the class, waving a hand through the air with simple ease which had caused the classroom door to swing open, and then, the curtains upon every high arched window pulled to the side to let the light spill through and douse its rays upon the foliage nestled along the back walls of the circular room. ”Good afternoon, class, today, we will be spell casting, so, take out your books, turn to the page, and retrieve your wands.

“This spell is a fairly simple charm, and, in this class, you’ll learn that alchemy is truly a branch of magic, that incorporates all other branches into one, the difference? Alchemical spells, potions, and transmutations are all deviations of spells to achieve enlightenment, but in the end, the main, conclusive difference between alchemy and magic, is the period in which it was born. These spells we’re practicing now have been practiced for hundreds of years and have changed over those years. For instance, before metalwork had ever been invented there were nomadic alchemists that often dealt with the melting of iron ore, sometimes to create shelter in the side of mountains, because it was easier to create a cave in this fashion that blasting one through, or, for the process of separating iron ore from other minerals, and then revitalize it with a spell you’ll learn in next class, to use the pure iron ore in experimentations…

“Now, to begin, we will learn the Corrumpo spell, which, as I explained can cast any metal to tarnish to rust, thus, creating an ease of access to burst though iron bars, mar an opponent’s shield, or, simply, destroy your friends bicycle, which, I don’t at all condone.

“The wandwork is a bit difficult, so repeat after me, with a swift wrist, guide your wand in an even zigzag, absolutely make sure it is as even as possible going left, and then right, and left once again, failure to do so could cause the spell to to tarnish too much, then thrust the point of the wand at the target. Understand? Now, the incantation is fairly simple. If you’ll repeat after me, cor-um-PEE-oh.

“Excellent, now, give it a go on the metal chain link I’ve summoned to your desks, if you need any help, please, don’t hesitate to ask.”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:13 pm
User Image

And though I can't

Ver listened to the lecutre on the spell quietly, writing notes carefully, before looking at the chain summoned to her desk. She licked her lips and finished up the rest of her notes before even thinking about attempting the spell. "Cor-um-PEE-oh!" She said confidently, as she zigzagged her wand, first left, then right, then back left again, before thrusting her wand towards the chain. She smirked ever so slightly as the chain began to slowly rust.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:36 pm
User Image

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
Cause I
want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius sat down paying attention to the spell. It would be a useful thing to know who to do if he ever needed to escape from bars or some other metal casein. With a zigzag and a thrust he called out."Cor-um-PEE-oh."Darius looked at the metal that began to rust before his eyes. He was a little afrade that this class would be like transfigurations. But this spell at least he did not have to change the target into something unnatural. "Sir does this spell also work on metals that don't rust such as goblin steel?"

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
This isn't what I
wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:54 pm
Ravenclaw Head of House
Professor of Alchemy

..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Second Lesson: Corrumpo Spell
╚══════════════╝

”That is an excellent question…” he paused, realizing that the boy hadn’t appeared at the last class and thus, he honestly hadn’t a clue who was who on his roster list. He’d have to wait on giving out house points, then, he realized with a mirthful smile. ”Unfortunately, no, goblin made silver, iron, and gold are enchanted far too powerfully to be broken down with this simple spell, it’s use is entirely for muggle and mundane iron,

“And that’ll be ten points to Slytherin to…. I’m sorry, what was your name young lad?”
He blinked, easily deducing his house by the emblem and trimmed color of his robing but also realizing he’d skipped introductions entirely last class and this class as well. Hell, if Verily hadn’t been in Ravenclaw, he wouldn’t have known her name either…

Juan Angel Amorocho

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:38 pm
User Image

Cause I

Darius looked up at the teacher and said "Its Darius, Sir Darius Silver."
He parting his hair from his eyes. His eyes looked about to see if there was anyone else there he may have known.

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
This isn't what I

Xistund

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:37 pm
User Image

And though I can't

Verily's head shot around when she heard the distinctive voice of none other than Darius Silver. She gulped as she stared at him with wide silver eyes. She immediately wished she had this class alone like she had thought last week, since no one else showed up. She gulped, but could tear her eyes away from him. What did she do? Her best friend.... She broke his heart. He hated her...

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:49 am
=Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Third Lesson: Inveteratus Spell
╚══════════════╝

"Welcome back class, today, we will begin with the counter to last class's spell...

"The counter charm: inveteratus, essentially does the opposite of your last spell, if you come across iron that’s rusted, this will do the trick to reverse the effects."
Juan stepped forward to demonstrate the wandwork, and the etymology behind the spell and then offered for the students to have a go on the rusted instruments on his desk. ”Do be careful, this is rust, I’d advise you all to wear your gloves if you have them, if not, I have a box full right here you can use.”

Quote:
Inveteratus: Reverses the effects of rust on iron based objects.
Etymology: Invertatus, meaning, hardened-by-age, of long-lasting.
Wandwork: Exact opposite of its counterpart, a thrust, concluded with a zigzag motion.

Juan Angel Amorocho

   

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:51 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..............Ravenclaw

User Image
╔══════════════╗
Fourth Lesson: Baleful Brew
╚══════════════╝

Several silent flicks and flurries of his wand had led directions to be scribed upon the chalk board that stood at the forefront of the classroom adjacent the students desk. Today, bronze cauldrons were placed at the head of every desk, which, for this class, had transformed into a longer wooden table to accommodate all of the ingredients and materials deemed necessary. Hasty steps manually pushed a cart that he had prepared with all of the ingredients and measuring cups needed and several of the rarer ingredients were already bottled to the exact increment, as well.

”Today, we will begin with a little challenge while learning the Baleful Brew, a powerful potion that will eradicate any sense of dread, fear, anxiety, worry or paranoia… Whoever completes the best potion, the quickest, may keep a small portion of it for themselves. I took the liberty of completing the first step for you which requires a twenty four hour preparation period. Before you begin, I would like you direct your attention to step number four.

“That step specifies that, as you stir the contents in the cauldron, you’re allowed to stir clockwise as many times as need be, it does not matter, but if you decide to stir counterclockwise during this step, you may only stir eighteen full circle strokes, at the most, and at the least, no more. So, you really don’t need to stir counterclockwise because of the risk involved, if you do it one too many times or less, then the chances of the potion brewing successfully are significantly reduced, but if you do decide to stir counterclockwise—remember, only eighteen strokes—and manage it successfully, it will actually increase the rate of success for the potion. Now, if nobody has any more questions, you may begin brewing….

And remember, the first one to bring me the perfect potion gets to keep a small portion, and the added bonus of twenty-five points to your house.”

Quote:
Baleful Brew- All sense of fear, worry, and paranoia are gone, the drinker will be encouraged to act upon basic and primal impulse, eradicating any emotion and fear, and the drinker will successfully be able to do what they otherwise could not. For example, a man too fearful to fly will feel no qualms while under this potion.

1 ½ cup of Essence of Dittany
3/5 cup of flobberworm mucus
3 grams of dried Asphodel leaves
1 ounce crushed Wormwood
1 handful of Aconite flowers
1/5 cup of molten Antimony
4 Doxy eggs
2 Dragon livers
5 Eel eye
5 1/3 grams of dried Venomous Tentacula leaves
12 pints of syrup of Hellebore
6 fl. Oz of Salamander blood
11 grams of Scurvy grass
2 grams of Lovage flowers
1 milligram of powdered unicorn horn

1. Mix and stir Dried Asphodel Leaves with the Dried Venomous Tentacula leaves in a mortar and crush until contents are near powder form, and then pour into a separate basin. Stir in 1 ½ cups of Essence of Dittany, and 3/5 cup of flobberworm mucus into the basin (preferably with a wand) and let simmer for twenty four hours to let the powder absorb.
2. Pour Salamander Blood into your empty cauldron and set to boil. After precisely six minutes, drop each Dragon Liver in, one at a time, while slowly mixing in, and then let sit and boil.
3. Once the mixture comes to a boil, stir in the asphodel, venomous tentacula, essence of dittany, flobberworm mucus mixture into the cauldron *only* stirring counterclockwise. The thick, red and course potion should take on a thinner, smoother texture now.
4. Once the mixture has liquefied, stir clockwise as need be, but *only* stir counterclockwise eighteen strokes at the most, or least. (See Professor for Further Instruction)
5. Drop in the Doxy Eggs and sprinkle in one handful of Aconite Flowers.
6. The potion should then immediately morph into a deep and vibrant violet color, wafting fumes of pink hues.
7. Stir in one ounce of Crushed Wormwood, and only *six* ounces of Syrup of Hellebore.
8. Allow contents to boil for over ten minutes before stirring in five Eel Eyes.
9. Also, combine Scurvy Grass and Lovage Flowers in a separate basin; add the final six ounces of Syrup of Hellebore into the mixture and stir the ingredients until the solidity of the grass and flowers have melted into the compound. Then add to the cauldron stirring counterclockwise.
10. Finally, add a dash of Molten Antimony (1/5 cup) and the Powdered Unicorn Horn (1 milligram.) The potion will then spark with a luminescent glow if done correctly.

[[[[[[OOC: To determine the victor in this little contest, when you make your potion brewing post, you will also enable the roll dice, in the Post Action option found just above the Submit and Preview button. Select, 20 sided dice. Select, 1 # of dice to be rolled. The closest number to my number, which I rolled now and can be found at the top of the page, will be the winner.]]]]]]

Juan Angel Amorocho

Xistund rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:23 pm
User Image

Cause I

Darius looked at the board and smiled. A potion yes something he was good at and the potion would be useful to have a bit of. His eyes darted as he read the method he was committing it to memory. This was a complicated potion harder then anything he had to do before. He smiled a bit at the challenge. He set off to work to get try and get the potion right.

This isn't what I

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:14 am
[[Whoops, forgot to actually roll for my professor. xD]]]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:03 pm
Professor of Alchemy
Ravenclaw Head of House

User Image
╔══════════════╗
First Lesson
╚══════════════╝

Angel stood and adjusted his crisp tailored suit and grasped his wand hidden in his inner breast pocket, a few silent swipes of his wand, and his name began to write itself out on the board and when the clock struck three, his wand had been brandished again to swish the door ajar to allow the students to file in. ”Ah, hola y bienvenidos,” Angel began in Spanish for a fault, and continued in English once the majority of the students had arrived. ”Welcome to Alchemy, I am Professor Amorocho, I understand it may be a bit difficult to pronounce, as it is, you may call me Professor Angel….

“Now, today we are going to begin the year by briefly learning about the Philosopher’s Stone and its properties. The Philosopher’s Stone can be used to create the Elixir of Life, to transform base metals into pure gold, and, power, but, only one stone created has ever been recorded into existence. created by the hands of Nicholas Flamel, and, Albus Dumbledore....

“Now, can any one of you tell me the crucial events leading up to the destruction of the Philosopher’s Stone in the year nineteen-ninety two, and please, state your name, as well?”

Juan Angel Amorocho

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:18 pm
User Image
☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽

I knew you were trouble when you walked in,
So shame on me now,
Flew me to places I've never been,
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground.

Ⓗᴀʟғ-Ⓑʟᴏᴏᴅ// Ⓡᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ// Ⓣʜɪʀᴅ Ⓨᴇᴀʀ// Ⓡᴇⓢᴇʀᴠᴇ Ⓢᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ// ➊➌ ʏᴇᴀʀⓢ ᴏʟᴅ// Ⓓᴀᴛɪɴɢ Ⓓᴀᴠɪᴅ

User Image

Shayna entered the classroom and took a seat towards the front. As he questioned about the Philosopher's stone she thought back to what she had read from the book the couple of days she had had it before class. "Professor, Shayna Snow, Ravenclaw. The Philosopher's stone was destroyed because it was too dangerous to keep. Albus Dumbledore requested the Mr. Flamel destroy it after Voldemorte tried to get his hands on it during the end of the school year by means of a professor by the name of Quirrel? But the efforts of three Gryffindor's stopped him from retrieving it and stopped Voldemorte's quest for a little longer.

(O.o.C.)

User Image

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Sapphire The Owl

Third Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff