Reply The Darker Side of the Castle
The Battle Arena Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melkore The Bard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:07 pm
Jayce looked at the ground. I can't really. Life was never truly kind to me. Sure, at first, I had wealth, power, fame. But now....I finally found something that makes me happy. But once again, the dice of fate have been cast against me, and once more I will lose all that I hold dear. I damn to the deepest circle of hell the one who made me this way. He looked up suddenly. I have business I must attend to. With that, he vanished. Lucien stood, head down.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:55 am
Usagi, flushed, staring at the dusty earth, guilt gnawing at her innards. "I...I never meant to upset him...." she murmured, a tear falling to the floor, shattering into glimmering shards.  

Barmy Bunny

Shy Bunny

Melkore The Bard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:36 am
Lucien shook his head. It isn't your fault. Both of us have lost everything. It.....It's my fault. It was I who made him what he is. I.....I just didn't want him to die...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:40 am
She sighed, smiling weakly at him. "But that is a noble thought....not wanting to lose him...but I shouldn't have brought it upp..."  

Barmy Bunny

Shy Bunny

Melkore The Bard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:54 pm
Lucien shook his head again. Do not worry. He will be back to his old tricks in a day or so.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:58 pm
"That doesnt mean the pain has gone...." she murmured, gazing upwards in thought.  

Barmy Bunny

Shy Bunny

Melkore The Bard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:10 pm
Lucien nodded. Do you have a weapon Genin?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:08 am
"Weapon? No...I don't really like them...." she said, thinking of the times she had held anything that could remotely be seen as a weapon, the cold metal glinting dangerously in her hand.  

Barmy Bunny

Shy Bunny

Melkore The Bard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:53 pm
Lucien cocked his head. They had come here to train, and worrying about Jayce would only make them feel worse. Then we shall practice your unarmed combat. He slid into a Fein Shein stance.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:55 pm
Staring at him in confusion, she took a step back. "I've never done unarmed combat either..." she murmrued, her voice quivering a little with fear and confusion.  

Barmy Bunny

Shy Bunny

Melkore The Bard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:28 pm
Lucien stayed in his stance. Unarmed combat is as good a place as any to start. He stayed in his stance, legs spaced apart, each about 4 feet from the other, left hand held upward, two fingers on his forehead, right held across the left, pinky and ring finger folded down, index and middle finger pointed outward. This style is called Fein Shein. It is the preferred choice of Water Ninja. He paused to let her examine his stance. Now, mimic my stance.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:38 pm
Staring at him, she slowly and carefully bagan to move, positioning her feet the uncomfortable distance apart, and then copying the hands with care. It wasn't a comfortable way to stand, or a very stable one, as she had very little balance.  

Barmy Bunny

Shy Bunny

Melkore The Bard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:14 pm
Lucien nodded. Excellent for your first time. Do you know why unarmed combat is the most reliable form of combat?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:36 pm
For a second, she paused, thinking as she tried to maintain her balance. "You can use it in any situation?" she asked.  

Barmy Bunny

Shy Bunny

Melkore The Bard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:36 pm
Lucien nodded. That is one reason. There are others though. Firstly, You cannot lose what is attached to you. Secondly, A gun or blade can be taken from you and used against you. Not so the fist. Thirdly, it is much easier to approach a target whilst unarmed than if you were carrying a weapon. And lastly, because oneness with body leads to oneness with mind.  
The Darker Side of the Castle

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff