Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:42 am

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He couldn’t deny himself the smirk that had alighted upon his lips as she’d been baited on to his wager, and followed him eagerly into the dueling ring where their challenge would commence. The winds were still blustering high but, for now, they were safe in the small pocket of the courtyard where the clock tower beat off most of the roaring winds. For a moment, he had to think, tapping his fingers against his chin as his eyes darted high up into the skies for inspiration.
”Alright, how about this,

“Loser has to enchant their hair color to the winner’s choice for an entire week; sound fair?”

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 14
Clocktower Courtyard—Dueling Club
You green with Envy?
╚═══════════════════╝

heather030595

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 12:24 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Clocktower Courtyard (Dueling club)

“It’s nice to meet you too.” David replied. He didn’t know if his sister was sweet but he’d go along with Heather’s description for her. Hearing that Serafina would be his partner he was ready to get on with the duel. “This will be interesting.” He said ready for anything. Following her to the clearing he held his wand in his hand.

Standing in front of Serafina David held his wand at the ready. “Ready for this?” he asked her. When she gave her answer he bowed. Taking ten paces backwards he thought of the first spell he would use. What would be a good first spell he was sure there were a few.

With: Dueling club... Serafina

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---
User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:21 pm
❝And all the roads we have to walk are winding; And all the lights that lead us there are blinding❞

❝There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how❞

❝Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me; And after all, you're my wonderwall❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Sᴛᴇᴠɪᴀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image
▬▬▬ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ▬▬▬ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ▬▬▬ Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ▬▬▬ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Jᴜsᴛ Mᴇ Aɴᴅ Mʏ Lᴏᴠᴇ ▬▬▬

❝Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ thought for a moment, pondering his request. Then, she nodded her head. "You're on." she said, offering her hand for a handshake. Once that was done, she bowed, and turned on her toe to face the opposite direction. One, two, three... Ten paces later, she turned back around to face her opponent. She raised her wand-ready arm and taking her stance. She stared the blue eyed Slytherin down, smiling her Hufflepuff smile. "Ready when you are, Dommie Dom." she called. Heather was ready to go, and clearly excited about this duel.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝Backbeat, the word was on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:29 pm
User Image

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
Cause I
want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius looked at the boy who introduced himself. He gave a nod."Darius Silver"He said as he got his wand ready and took ten steps back."Ready when you are." He said calmly as he thought of what spells to use. Nothing to hurt the yonger boy to badly at least.

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
This isn't what I
wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

IceGrayWolf

Xistund

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:50 pm
User ImageUser Image 
Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Wearing
Volare

¤¤¤¤¤¤Michelle blinked as the words left Marina's lips. She quickly lifted her wand up. "Protego." She said simply. The spell hit her shield and bounced away. The spell probably wouldn't have hurt her, but Michelle disliked the idea of being slowed down, even if for a only a minute or two. "Locomotor Mortis!" She muttered under her breath, flicking her wand at Marina, as her shield dissipated. Maybe the red head wouldn't see this one coming until it was too late.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:01 pm

User Image
User Image

✿✿✿Serafina couldn't help but smile , tightly holding her wand. When he asked if she was ready, she nodded. " Ready when you are! " After she answered, she bowed at the same time he did and took ten paces back. As soon as she was done, she spun around, ready to fire a spell.

Silence fell between the two as the partners beside them had already cast their spells. The wind gently blew her face, her soft brown curls almost covering her grin. As the sounds of spells fired beside them echoed in her ears, she thought of an easy spell. She held her wand, pointing it over at her partner, and with a gentle voice,
" Rictusempra! " As the spell was cast, light flew at the end of her wand, targeting her current opponent. She was curious on how the Gryffindor would react, having the tickling charm shot at him. ✿✿✿

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ: Excited
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ : Dueling

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ : Go David~
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Clocktower Courtyard - Dueling Club

Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Dueling Club Members...David

Out Of Cookies:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:40 pm
User Image
User Image

☀☀☀ The stubbornness I had as a child has been transmitted into perseverance. I can let go but I don't give up. I don't beat myself up about negative things ☁☁☁
☛☛☛ Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate ☚☚☚

Xavier let out a small smirk, acknowledging the older student. A second after nodding at his name, he bowed, and took ten light steps back. He spun on his heel and nodded, implementing that he was ready. Yet, what spell to use? He swallowed, confused on what spell to use. He knows so little, and obviously, Darius had the upper hand. But that won't stop him. In his mind he was remembering the spells that were taught to them this year and the previous one. Not much for offense, really. He stood in front of his partner, his poker face on so that he wouldn't know that he was actually nervous and confused.

The brunette let out a sigh, flexing his muscles in case he had to dodge some spells. Blue eyes looked at the side, seeing that the others had already started dueling. He took a deep breath first, then took his game face on. He pointed his wand on the ground, quietly casting the first spell,
" Serpensortia. " As green light struck the torn grass of the clearing, a snake, made of purely illusion, appeared, hissing at the Slytherin. " Engorgio, " he uttered, his wand still pointed at the snake. The snake grew larger, swelling as it's blood pumped in it's body. It continued to hiss at Darius, slithering towards him. Cold blue eyes followed as the engorged snake slowly made it's way to Darius. Now, what would the third year do?

►►► Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness ◄◄◄
☣☣☣ You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life ☢☢☢

Mᴏᴏᴅ : Excited
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ: If he were to fire a fire spell at me, what should I do?
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Clocktower Courtyard - Dueling club
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Dueling club members....Darius

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:56 am
User Image

Cause I

Darius held his wand ready as he saw the snake came towards him. He could cast the counter spell for Engorgio, Reducio but the snake would still be there. Darius had a better idea. "Impedimenta" The slowing spell would slow the target for ten seconds. Darius needed three. "Confundus, Locomotor" He casts the spells onto the snake the first one was to put the snake in a sense of confusion the second one was to move it turning it around to face Xavier. He hoped that the snake in its confused state would target Xavier or at least wonder off and leave the two of them be.

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
This isn't what I

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:00 pm

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fourth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

He couldn’t deny himself the sincerest of smirks to flourish with life upon his flesh as he took a coy bow and spun on his heel, drawing his leg up and striking forward ten large paces before he whipped back around to see Heather already there, waiting for him, baiting him in. Maybe he should have seen that coming, but, somehow, he just couldn’t keep himself off of his toes with paranoia and second guesses. Ha! Second guesses—he could fill the entire castle with second guesses, doubts, and what if’s… But now wasn’t the time for such proverbial little concepts, was it?
”Scriboscipio!” He whipped out as he waved his wand from left to right, an ribbon of dark green silk spurted through the air in little waves and he snapped his wand, this way and that, guiding the ribbon to shadow the blonde, to manifest around her like smoke until she can’t see, twist her until she can’t move, if he can get it to last that far enough, anyway.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 159lbs ☣ Age: 14
Clocktower Courtyard—Dueling Club
You green with Envy?
╚═══════════════════╝

heather030595

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:23 pm
❝And all the roads we have to walk are winding; And all the lights that lead us there are blinding❞

❝There are many things that I would like to say to you, but I don't know how❞

❝Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me; And after all, you're my wonderwall❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ Sᴛᴇᴠɪᴀ Hᴀᴡᴛʜᴏʀɴ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
User Image
▬▬▬ Fɪғᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ ▬▬▬ Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ ▬▬▬ Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Bᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ▬▬▬ Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ▬▬▬
▬▬▬ Jᴜsᴛ Mᴇ Aɴᴅ Mʏ Lᴏᴠᴇ ▬▬▬

❝Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ watched him carefully, his smirk toying with her mind. He was dangerous, she knew, but she could handle him. Right? The teen was beginning to doubt that fact when he cast his spell. Scriboscipio? The ribbon writing thing? What good would that do unless he was writing out his S.O.S... Oh. That. Heather gasped as the ribbon snaked towards her, ready to completely consume her. Then, she reminded herself that she also had a wand in her hand. "Flagrante!" the Hufflepuff called out, slashing her wand through the air as a line of bright, burning fire danced from its tip. The line of flame shot towards the green ribbon that was heading for the teen, colliding with intent to destroy. An intent, at least.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❝Backbeat, the word was on the street that the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before but you never really had a doubt

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:29 pm
David Clarisse
Gryffindor
Second Year

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Clocktower Courtyard (Dueling club)

'What!?' That was David's first thought. David was ready as soon as he spun around. When Serafina casted her spell he never thought she would use that spell in a duel. "Finite!" he called ending it right away. The last thing he wanted was to be tickled. "Avis!" he called sending a barrage of birds towards her. What would he do to those birds he wondered?

With: Dueling club... Serafina

List of Knowledge: Progress

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:21 pm

User Image
User Image

✿✿✿Serafina pouted when she saw that her spell was easily blocked. As David shouted a spell that releases birds at the tip of the wand, she calmly watched as the fowls flew towards her. She gently pointed her wand towards the flock, and as soon as it was in range, she cast another spell, " Incendio. " As soon as the words came out of her mouth, fire was shot at the tip of her wand, the target: birds. As the fiery fire made contact with the animals, they were quickly engulfed by the flame. A couple of moments later, burnt bodies fell on the grass, some smoke rising.

After watching the poor fate of the birds, her brown eyes looked at David. She pointed her wand at him next, whispering, with a small, cold voice...
" Arion Vomito. " Another bullet of light was shot towards the Gryffindor, coming towards him at a fast pace. Somehow, she hoped for him to avoid getting hit by it. ✿✿✿

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ: Excited

Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ : Please don't vomit slugs
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Clocktower Courtyard - Dueling Club

Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Dueling Club Members...David

Out Of Cookies:

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:39 pm
User Image
User Image

☀☀☀ The stubbornness I had as a child has been transmitted into perseverance. I can let go but I don't give up. I don't beat myself up about negative things ☁☁☁
☛☛☛ Those who cannot understand how to put their thoughts on ice should not enter into the heat of debate ☚☚☚

Xavier watched as the snake he sent slowed down, but the hissing of the animal was still there. Mentally, he wrote down the spell that the third year said; it might be useful for him in the future. As two spells were fired by Darius, it's effect was clearly seen. The confused snake was slithering towards him, not recognizing it's master. He slowly blinked, pointing his wand at the snake as he finally thought of a proper spell.

The second year let out a cold breath, concentrating on his aim. As he found the timing to be perfect, he took the chance to fire the spell,
" Aurum flamma! " The golden fire directly hit the snake, breaking the illusion that he had made before. The snake slithered once more before fading away. He smelled something burning, something that wasn't his doing. He took a quick glance at the others, seeing Serafina burning the birds that came out of David's wand. Aha. He thought up an idea, pointing his wand higher. " Avis! " A flock of birds was launched, heading towards Darius. Still, he wasn't done yet. He wand followed, and when it was a couple of feet away from the third year, he shot another spell. " Incendio, " the boy cast, a ball of fire engulfing the birds. As the burning birds, who lost the ability to fly because of the flames, started to sink down the sky, they were aiming at the Slytherin.

►►► Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness ◄◄◄
☣☣☣ You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life ☢☢☢

Mᴏᴏᴅ : Excited
Wʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ: I hope it words
Wʜᴇʀᴇ I ᴀᴍ : Clocktower Courtyard - Dueling club
Wʜᴏ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ : Dueling club members....Darius

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:18 am
User Image

Cause I

Darius was in a rage at the tactics this gryffendor used to attack. Killing a attacking snake was one thing but using the lives of the birds by setting them on fire was something so vile it could not help but think of his Half brother. "Waddiwasi!"He said as the birds that fell towards him sped off like bullets to Xavier. He no longer cared about the boy's welfare he wanted to hurt him and just to make sure after the attack he ran to the boy to throw a punch aiming for his face.

This isn't what I

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:06 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold

User Image
Head Girl Annabelle Emery Rich
Seventh Year Seeker, Slytherin Prefect

Lips pursed tightly as she held a high head, her towering lithe frame foxed on the outskirts of the courtyard, gently glazed green eyes painting a delicate picture of the world around her. Each duel scurried in the wind like a blade of grass, slapping in the winds as the clouds hung low overhead cradling close to the earth and harboring a shadow over the world in its wake. The illusionary snake had caught her eye, and she meandered in the winds to get a closer look as the serpent was enlarged, stunned and confused. Over their heads, she saw conjured birds ripping through the skies, and then fire breathed forth to meet them without remorse.

”Stop!” Her voice pierced through the void, lashing out from the shadows as she stole forward advancing upon David, Serafina, Darius, and Xavier. ”Finite incantatem, flamma frigus, petrificus totalus,” she demanded all at once, waving her wand adeptly. The slug vomiting charm had ceased, as had the snake charm, and what was left of the birds that hadn’t crumpled down to the ground. The fires still blazed, but, left nothing more than a tickle to its bite. And with her final point, Darius was hit with the body-bind curse, hopefully, before a punch had made its land.

”Bloody hell, are you lot daft? Serafina, Xavier…” She almost didn’t know what to say, all her years, and she’d never seen anything like this. ”This is completely unacceptable, the life of any—even if it’s a conjured bird—should never be used wasted away for a stupid duel. And Darius, this a duel, not a brawl. I want the three of you to report to your Head of Houses for detentions and explain what happened here today, and it’ll be up to them to decide what else to do with you. I will be speaking with them, don't think I won't know if you try to avoid them.

“I told you, all of you, to use discretion with your spells knowing that you will take the consequences for your actions. You’ll not be finishing any duels today, I’m sorry.”
                                  Her jaw set in a firm line, she bit her tongue to refrain from saying anything more. She could hear the crying caw of the birds burnt, some were still alive. ”Wundus healiom,” Belle bent down, gently tapping her wand against each tiny little bird until they all flew away at once, and then she banished the birds, ending the conjuration altogether.

”I’m sorry David, maybe you can watch the rest of the duels since you don’t have a partner? If you want, you can always practice with me… We only have a half hour anyway until the end of todays meeting.”

[[Finish up your duels, next meeting will begin soon!]]

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

Fashionably: Dope
Troubles: Consciousness

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items