Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
To be a little more Aussie ... *dreamy sigh* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

New poll!
  Whoop! *slides down poll*
  *mollests poll for 10g*
View Results

JewelsSparkle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:42 am
Dreamar

I refuse to admit small/tininess! ACT Pride! crying

I'm proud, it's just teeny, that's all!

Dreamar
Hm.. I don't think there really is, not for the array of variety. Then again I haven't bothered with it in years!

I haven't really been since they attempted charging... I've had people promise to take me & then turn out to be lie-tellers.

Dreamar
I used to work in Fyshwick, nothing bad of course, it was at an magazine. Of course when people asked the location of my work, it got a little messed up if people only heard the place, not what I did!

xd my exes mum worked for Australia post... so, she was technically working on a street corner in Fyshwick...

And then there was my friend who would frequently (& loudly when drunk) proclaim that she worked on a street corner in Fyshwick (she did... but it was at a Hungry Jacks xd ... she used to tell tales of the prostitutes who came in with no underwear on & sat (in miniskirts) with their legs apart *shudders*).

Dreamar
Have you seen Canberrans trying to merge? about 70-80% feel the need to slow down from 80km to about 5 to merge.. xd

xd Yeah, but that's just 'cause they're silly... it fails them anyway, because if you're talking about where I think you're talking about, the speed is 100 there (or possibly 80... can't remember) & so slowing down actually makes it harder to merge...

Most places merging is easier if you slow down.

Also, Melbourne has THE most retarded rule for turning ever! You wanna turn right? Get in the left lane & drive right into the middle of the traffic before STOPPING & turning 90*!

Yeah... take that!

(My poor little sister had to attempt that once while driving here... she had 2 of my friends guiding her on how to do it properly & me offering words of encouragement... & she was terrified & screaming while trying to do it (she succeeded in the end!)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:34 pm
BeMuled MissBeth
Hmm ... I like Aussie politics. It certainly makes more sense than what we have here in Canada, and what they have in the States, for that matter. Vote for who you want to win, not simply for the 'lesser evil'. I like it. 3nodding

In the previous descriptions of Aussie politics, it sounds a lot like Canada's system. We have coalition governments, heck we even have a seperatist party (Bloc). As for voting for the lesser of two evils. I voted NDP because I actually wanted them to win.^_^(you are probably referring to the states 2 party system. yes?)User Image  

kruegs

BeMuled MissBeth

Shameless Fairy

19,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:23 pm
After a long while of exhausting myself trying to pack for a move at the end of this month (which I'm still working on ... *les sigh*) I've finally paused long enough to pose another silly question. 4laugh

Here in Canada when it's pouring down rain we say, "It's raining buckets," or "It's raining cats and dogs," (to which the response 'Whatch out for poodles' comes into play *giggles*).

The French would say, "Il pleut des cloux," which translates to 'it's raining nails'.

So my question is, do Aussies have a phrase they use when the rain is coming down?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:05 pm
Well I suppose it depends on how hard and heavy it is raining and the company your keeping. sweatdrop I sometimes say 'its raining cats and dogs' or if it is really coming down it'd be more like, 'Streuth, its pissing down with rain' or if its just a passing sun shower that doesn't last longer than 8 seconds its like, 'Someone flushed the dunny on a quants flight' rofl But thats just my opinions. xd

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:28 pm
When it rains very lightly, we call that spitting, so "it's just spitting outside" for example. As far as I've seen, we don't say "it's raining buckets" but we do say "it's bucketing down". And if it's even worse, as BWC said "it's pissing down". xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:57 pm
Hahaha, I just realised how funny "It's pissing down" sounds. But yeah, I say that all the time.

Or sometimes if there's a little shower we say "It's just a piddle".  

EmWah
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:54 pm
EmWah
Hahaha, I just realised how funny "It's pissing down" sounds. But yeah, I say that all the time.

Or sometimes if there's a little shower we say "It's just a piddle".

I've never heard anyone say that.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:58 pm
Really? Maybe it's a local thing. Here's an example:

"Did you get much rain on the weekend?"

"Nah, not much. Just a piddle."  

EmWah
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:00 pm
EmWah
Really? Maybe it's a local thing. Here's an example:

"Did you get much rain on the weekend?"

"Nah, not much. Just a piddle."

Never, if we don't get much, we say:

"Nah, just a few drops."

Crazy Alburnians. talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:03 pm
It might be a rural and farming kinda word. You know. Us bumpkins are weird.  

EmWah
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:05 pm
You certainly can be a weird bunch at times.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:23 pm
I've never heard any bumpkins use that pharse before. ninja Maybe its just a southern thing. ninja

I almost put thong instead of thing. sweatdrop stressed

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:38 pm
I dunno. Maybe my dad made it up ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:04 pm
So I get to talk to my teacher about the exhcange stuff on Thursday,I am so excited! I cant wait to get sponsers. I think I want to go to Sydney.
To awnser the question on the Red Skins thing, I can only think of Red vines.

So is there any thing particular I should know before going to Australia??  

FuzzylilPenguin

scruffy012

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:31 am
WellzY
When it rains very lightly, we call that spitting, so "it's just spitting outside" for example. As far as I've seen, we don't say "it's raining buckets" but we do say "it's bucketing down". And if it's even worse, as BWC said "it's pissing down". xd

well where im from if its pouring its "******** pouring" or pissin down... when it's light rain its "misty", and in betweent its "raining.... meh who gives?"
but yeah thats what you ge twhen you used to live in stoner country.... (too close to nimbin xd ) *runs from DNA*  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff